PDA

View Full Version : Help with DGen campagin for He-111

sukebeboy
10-09-2004, 09:30 PM
I decided to try flying a level bomber and I'm really very bad at it. I spent more than a few hours creating quick missions with unlimited ammo to teach myself how to use the bomb sight properly, but I can't seem to get it right. I trim my plane so it flies straight and level, input my speed (using the chart for TAS) and altitude, correct the bomb sight so the target doesn't move within the site, but my bombs always fall to late. I have problems even hitting an airfield or a factory complex at 1,500 metres.

Now I'm playing a dynamic campaign and the stupid missions generator almost always assigns armour or truck columns and an attack altitude of 4000 metres or higher. At this height, I can't even see the target. How are you supposed to hit a moving target from this altitude?

I really wish they would put more effort into trying to improve the single player portion of this game rather than putting the bulk of their effort into online play. I like the game a lot, but I'm frustrated with all the strange occurences and weird missions the dgen program comes up with.

sukebeboy
10-09-2004, 09:30 PM
I decided to try flying a level bomber and I'm really very bad at it. I spent more than a few hours creating quick missions with unlimited ammo to teach myself how to use the bomb sight properly, but I can't seem to get it right. I trim my plane so it flies straight and level, input my speed (using the chart for TAS) and altitude, correct the bomb sight so the target doesn't move within the site, but my bombs always fall to late. I have problems even hitting an airfield or a factory complex at 1,500 metres.

Now I'm playing a dynamic campaign and the stupid missions generator almost always assigns armour or truck columns and an attack altitude of 4000 metres or higher. At this height, I can't even see the target. How are you supposed to hit a moving target from this altitude?

I really wish they would put more effort into trying to improve the single player portion of this game rather than putting the bulk of their effort into online play. I like the game a lot, but I'm frustrated with all the strange occurences and weird missions the dgen program comes up with.

Zeus-cat
10-09-2004, 10:29 PM
Sukebeboy,

I agree with your complaint about high-level bombing. It is very hard to do in the game. Also, attacking 4 tanks from 3,000m with He-111s is very silly.

If your bombs fall late, input a higher altitude. That will fool the bombsight into dropping your bombs earlier.

For a different type of bombing campaign I recommend my torpedo bomber campaign for the IL-2T. Available at airwarfare.com

Zeus-cat

sukebeboy
10-10-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks. I'm afraid I gave up on my bomber campaign in frustration after being assgned my 6th straight attack on a group of 4 tanks from an altitude of 4,000 metres.

I do hope if they do patch FB anymore, that they take some time to try and tweak the DGEN.

I downloaded your campaign last night and will install it tonight.

Resident_Jock
10-11-2004, 01:15 AM
What I hated more than the bombing was the entire squadron being shot down by a pair of I-16 type 18's every time we climbed to altitude. I've noticed that the Jabo/bomber losses in the German DGens are usually astonomical. Hell, alot of the Bf-110 missions are suicide runs!

"Target for today is to attack 12 gunboats moored at a dock. It's guarded by a squadron of Hurricanes. Good Luck!"

sukebeboy
10-11-2004, 02:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Resident_Jock:
What I hated more than the bombing was the entire squadron being shot down by a pair of I-16 type 18's every time we climbed to altitude. I've noticed that the Jabo/bomber losses in the German DGens are usually astonomical. Hell, alot of the Bf-110 missions are suicide runs!

"Target for today is to attack 12 gunboats moored at a dock. It's guarded by a squadron of Hurricanes. Good Luck!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha! Well, I am Japanese. Suicide runs? Sure, sign me up.