PDA

View Full Version : 1509

sabbathfan
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Given Ezio is 50 in this game and he was born in 1459, that makes this game's setting 1509.

Two things that happened this year, that I could easily see being incorporated into the game are:

1. The death of Caterina Sforza. I'm not sure how they would show this in the game as she died in Florence, but you have to put your money on an appearance considering how big a part of Ezio's story she has been.

2. Earthquake in Constantinople. This one simply HAS to appear. It was a huge earthquake which was nicknamed the "Lesser judgement day". It destroyed thousands of homes, 109 mosques and killed an estimated 10,000 people. It would be really odd if Ubisoft chose this year and this place and yet ignored such a HUGE event as this. It could be part of the finale, maybe in the game someone is using the piece of Eden and it causes the earthquake and Ezio has to stop them before it destroys everything? Just a thought.

Anyway, anyone else know of interesting things that happened that year that could crop up?

sabbathfan
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Given Ezio is 50 in this game and he was born in 1459, that makes this game's setting 1509.

Two things that happened this year, that I could easily see being incorporated into the game are:

1. The death of Caterina Sforza. I'm not sure how they would show this in the game as she died in Florence, but you have to put your money on an appearance considering how big a part of Ezio's story she has been.

2. Earthquake in Constantinople. This one simply HAS to appear. It was a huge earthquake which was nicknamed the "Lesser judgement day". It destroyed thousands of homes, 109 mosques and killed an estimated 10,000 people. It would be really odd if Ubisoft chose this year and this place and yet ignored such a HUGE event as this. It could be part of the finale, maybe in the game someone is using the piece of Eden and it causes the earthquake and Ezio has to stop them before it destroys everything? Just a thought.

Anyway, anyone else know of interesting things that happened that year that could crop up?

TorQue1988
05-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Well the earthquake will probably be in the game because in the teaser from the facebook page this number appeared 10091509 which is September 10 1509 ,the exact day of the earthquake,so i'm pretty sure it will happen in the game,but not at the end as you said because in the gameinformer article it has been revealed that a part of the game will be set in 1511 ...i would also like to have something about Caterina's death too.

sabbathfan
05-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Ah nice, I haven't read the gameinformer piece. I wonder how the quake will feature and, most importantly, if we'll be able to control Ezio during it.

Also it makes things difficult for designing the post-quake city as there should be much less to climb.

IIwangcarsII
05-11-2011, 04:00 PM
It would be sooo cool to witness an earthquake in assassins creed!

TwentyGlyphs
05-11-2011, 04:25 PM
The earthquake was in 1509, but I think the game's section in Constantinople will take place in 1511 or 1512. The Game Informer article says that Suleiman is 17 in the game, and he was born in November of 1494. The earthquake's damage could be used as a backstory to upgrading the buildings in the city.

sabbathfan
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by coryplayspiano:
The earthquake was in 1509, but I think the game's section in Constantinople will take place in 1511 or 1512. The Game Informer article says that Suleiman is 17 in the game, and he was born in November of 1494. The earthquake's damage could be used as a backstory to upgrading the buildings in the city. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ok. Where is this gameinformer article? I've been more concerned with LA Noire for the last few days and missed it.

TorQue1988
05-12-2011, 08:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sabbathfan:
Ah ok. Where is this gameinformer article? I've been more concerned with LA Noire for the last few days and missed it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here are the scans http://gamingeverything.com/?p=4190 .

AntiChrist7
05-12-2011, 08:22 AM
i always heard and red that "Ezio will be over 50 years of age, so it doesn't have to be 1509

TorQue1988
05-12-2011, 08:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiChrist7:
i always heard and red that "Ezio will be over 50 years of age, so it doesn't have to be 1509 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The game will probably begin in 1507 (when ACB ended) and will continue up until 1512-1513 maybe even longer than that.

ShaneO7K
05-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Shaun tells us how Caterina dies right after she leaves Rome.

But we will probably see the earthquake.

Turkiye96
05-12-2011, 02:36 PM
i was hoping somebody would mention the earthquake it would be awesome and give a valid reason to build up the city from scratch coz pretty much all the shops would be destroyed.

M4ST3R0fPUPPi3S
05-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Hang on - There's an underground Templar city featuring in this game. Perhaps Ezio somehow manages to cause this earthquake (perhaps with the "weapon" deep in the Masayaf fortress that the seals will unlock) in order to destroy this Templar City?

Gasketfuse
05-16-2011, 07:34 PM
I just hope it will look the same once we have rebuilt it. Rome 100% rebuilt looked exactly the same as before.

DarthEzio55
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
One thing i will miss is Leonardo, and his upgrades of Ezio's weapon.

??? ???? ?? ?? ????? ?? ??? ????? ??
niente vero, tutto permesso
nothing is true, everything is permitted

X10J
05-16-2011, 09:47 PM
I really did not like the "Rebuilding Rome" aspect, so I hope that doesn't feature predominately. On the other hand, free-running through Constantinople mid-quake would be spectacular.

eagleforlife1
05-17-2011, 12:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
I really did not like the "Rebuilding Rome" aspect, so I hope that doesn't feature predominately. On the other hand, free-running through Constantinople mid-quake would be spectacular. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree.

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 01:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
I really did not like the "Rebuilding Rome" aspect, so I hope that doesn't feature predominately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suppose I could be worng but I'm pretty sure they said it would play more of a role, or rather it would be more in depth. That's the way I took it anyway.

X10J
05-17-2011, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I really did not like the "Rebuilding Rome" aspect, so I hope that doesn't feature predominately. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I suppose I could be worng but I'm pretty sure they said it would play more of a role, or rather it would be more in depth. That's the way I took it anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that you mention it, it does ring a bell. They made it sound much better to me; I just got tired of running up and pressing the top face button to every building I found.

Blind2Society
05-17-2011, 01:29 AM
That was my issue as well, however, if done well (which is what I hope they are doing) it will be a fun aspect of the game.

X10J
05-17-2011, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
That was my issue as well, however, if done well (which is what I hope they are doing) it will be a fun aspect of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Here's hoping.

itsamea-mario
05-17-2011, 01:38 AM
Wasn't there someone who said about seals in the bible, and that one of them caused an earthquake?

X10J
05-17-2011, 01:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Wasn't there someone who said about seals in the bible, and that one of them caused an earthquake? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh yes, the seven seals Jesus broke to take possesion of the Earth.