PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts about the female hybrids...

LordKrillos
01-13-2018, 07:02 PM
I have seen pics of early designs of female feline and pig hybrids and I feel concerned for the developers’ creativity...

Now, I know these pics are early concepts and thus possibly not final, I honestly am not pleased with them and I implore the developers to reconsider to not go for this route for the female hybrids.

I believe in fairness in appearances for both sexes, even though they’re created in a lab. Though I can accept making the females more feminine by making more leaner, slimmer or even voluptuous, as a form of gender dimorphism, I just can’t accept them looking 80% more human than animal than the males.

The ones I saw so far looked more like humans who modified their appearances rather than actual hybrids, similar to the late Dennis “Stalking Cat” Avner. Heck, even his bodily modifications looked more convincing than how those characters looked.

I can understand the idea they’re going for here. Some female hybrids are created as “pleasure providers” to look more attractive to the clients. Or they might be descendants of a hybrid who inherited a genetic trait or two. But all females can’t be created for that purpose alone, could it? Surely, gender does not matter if they can work with labor just as good as the males could? Your stomach would twist if you knew that the consumable goods that were recycled from an expired hybrid that you just ate looked more human than animal...

In any case, THIS is so far the only issue I have with BG&E2. Whatever Space Monk Program is planning, I hope they reconsider on not going for this type of design for the female hybrids.

Legion-495
01-13-2018, 07:16 PM
Just asking, you have seen the early character creator? I think it will feature a extensive range of options.
Even as of now it is only a male version. You can expect the female verson being similar.

It seems the point is to tune how much human or animal a character is. As of now it looked like really heavy leaning towards animals. The pics don't seem to be a such solid indicator as of now.

And even if, a hybrid with mainly female traits can also be used in other kinds of places. Like selling stuff, behind a bar. Sex sells after all :) so it actually can be a regular thing.
Reality has shown you can prep anything a way it looks great... chicken nuggets are a prime example. I believe they managed to use that knowledge.

We can twist it either way, until there isn't much of a game there isn't much of a say of how bad representation is. After all it is concept art. From my perspective all this looks like there is a focus on getting male characters done first. The only character Line-Up art we have shows one female person. Granted as of now we don't have a lot on females at all.

LordKrillos
01-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Just asking, you have seen the early character creator? I think it will feature a extensive range of options.
Even as of now it is only a male version. You can expect the female verson being similar.

It seems the point is to tune how much human or animal a character is. As of now it looked like really heavy leaning towards animals. The pics don't seem to be a such solid indicator as of now.

And even if a hybrid with mainly female traits can also be used in other kinds of places. Like selling stuff, behind a bar. Sex sells after all :)
Reality has shown you can prep anything a way it looks great... chicken nuggets are prime example.

Yeah, I’ve seen the early character creator and I am glad of their current progress so far. Especially the one with the crocodile. Crocodilian pirate king, ahoy! XD

And you’re right. I now see that the hybrid development in that world has different purposes in mind for each of their creations and thus their appearances vary. I guess I feared that we get too much diversity in appearances between the hybrid genders. Also, I have just seen a pic of a cow hybrid and I remarked my satisfaction on how it looked. The wonders of science, I say. lol

I’m now little relieved and enlightened of the situation. Thanks for clearing that up, mate. ^^

KIERROK
01-13-2018, 08:46 PM
Wonders of science? Ahuh, you sure you weren't looking past the prayer beads? :rolleyes: I joke, I joke... or am?

Anyways, the concept arts were shown during certain topics. The pig (pigs are seen as sleazy dirty creatures in games and real life) is a postitute, which are seen as sleazy and dirty. The cat was brought up when Ancel mentioned transgender, so it could of been M-F, thus its look.

As for the cow goddess/priestess, she's suppose to look attractive due to her profession. Same goes for a dancer, we'll likely see attractive Indian/Asian style dancer's clothing. So each concept of the females shown a different topic, just like they do with men.

The-Pancaker
01-16-2018, 08:02 PM
... I just can’t accept them looking 80% more human than animal than the males.

I understand your point. The addons on the female hybrids were pretty much related to the human stereotype "perfect" (or not) body: breasts, hipps size, etc.

Do pigs not have 6 boobs or 8? And I dont think I would recognize a male shark from a female shark.. maybe the make up... lol
And finally the hybrid cow, even though attractive, the body below the head present the human female shape that our dear Kierrok mentioned.
And I do not see how this hybrid would look like with the cow's udder.... her impression might not create the current attraction... haha

So I'm not saying what is best but presenting thoughts...
Should the body parts below the hybrids head be human or animal (or mixed)?

KIERROK
01-17-2018, 02:43 AM
YAY! I was mentioned, I feel special now ^^

Yeah, 50/50 or 60/40 human/animal... My curiosity had me look at a 90/10 animal/human, cow... I wouldn't recommend it... I mean, I'm a pretty "Eh..." kind of guy. But I'll admit, there's times even I'll eyeroll a few times.

Also, sorry, but no shark, lizard or bird boobies please... just don't. It's bad enough some races in Elder Scrolls - Argonians, DnD - Dragonborn and others have the females with breasts... No, no... Shark/Lizard/Bird = teeth and/or beak = pain... I would assume, I don't know, I'm a guy.

Legion-495
01-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Ha I will wait what the devs do and think about it :)
We also have to keep in mind how many people might buy this game.
And a reason will also be breasts to some point. If Elder Scrolls bothers you then you should check asian games^^ It never bothered me in Skyrim.

How about the slider option? Still adult game. (Like I always turned the breasts very low xD)
Either way I don't care a lot but I do about clear visible traits female/male which is probably the reason they are a thing.
I guess as of now you will see those traits if a body is human enough. Beyond that I dunno probably character size? Tricky thing and a hard decision.

Maybe we can limit really weird things to the player rather than NPCs. :)
Whatever gets decided the character will probably not be naked xD So it shouldn't be the biggest deal in the world.

KIERROK
01-17-2018, 08:59 PM
Breasts in of themselves, don't bother me. It's just mammary glands on a non-mammal is just odd. I'll still play, it's not game breaking. And yes, there's times I'll lower breast to smallest. Plus, I sometimes play a female character "remove" breasts and call it a very feminine looking guy (not tran, just fem looking). And I've seen quite to few Japanese games. I know here in the states, people would have a mental breakdown if they only see a side boob.

There may or may not be nudity, but in the character modelling video, the female human has nips. And cow goddess, does too... It maybe like Assassin's Creed: Origins' top only nudity *shrugs*.

Legion-495
01-21-2018, 01:42 PM
Well we are in place for the missstep correction, so they can try even the craziest of things.
I wonder how many people will be involved into the first game prototypes. I guess it is few people first then larger groups.

Ubisoft is still light years in front of CDPR
"Cyberpunk" as such is probably only the setting. DeusEx is also in a Cyberpunk setting and "Witcher" just described the character. They are not complex in their naming.
Nobody has seen like anything from Cyberpunk2077... stuff that has been shown is super old :/ Clear should be that it will very likely release before BGE2^^
As far as other things go CDPR GOG seems to crush Ubisofts service :) Still no GOG Galaxy on Linux tho.
I wonder how you seem to have so much knowledge about the inner workings around Cyberpunk2077 and CDPR :)
And I don't judge people by the politics of the local goverment... besides it is their own thing and obviously they decide what they see as regressive. I respect that. Better than germany who still breaks its own law (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/gg/art_16a.html). A topic which is not for this forum.

Either way diversity as such should be thing we probably all agree on. My personal problem lies in the detail.
I have the fear/concern that it is so tryhard forced in a weird way that it might destroy the game just to show the "we are diverse" flag.
Since the game is in development there isn't much to really impact. It will probably just turn out fine anyway. Concerns are still only concerns.

WiwarK9
01-24-2018, 12:41 PM
Now, if we compare what we've seen of Beyond Good & Evil 2 to what we've seen of Cyberpunk 2077
Can you send me link of what you have seen from cyberpunk 2077 because expect a trailer and a beep it's a total void.

WiwarK9
01-24-2018, 02:04 PM
I believe in fairness in appearances for both sexes, even though they’re created in a lab. Though I can accept making the females more feminine by making more leaner, slimmer or even voluptuous, as a form of gender dimorphism, I just can’t accept them looking 80% more human than animal than the males.
You concern are good and if we were talking about another game i would be with you but you have to see the hybrids as object who have a work to do and so are designed to do it efficiently.
Exacerbing the gender dimorphism could be a great way to show what is wrong with the society the charachters live in, they could also show planets were hybrids took their rights back and worked on looking the same, their is a lot of possibility who could lead to a great scenario and most importantly to an interesting universe.

Your stomach would twist if you knew that the consumable goods that were recycled from an expired hybrid that you just ate looked more human than animal...
I don't know if it's a complain or not, if a game could make my stomach twist every moment (if it's not a vr rollercoaster) i would be happy to play it.

I would like you to imagine if every hybrid looked liked the job he is supposed to do you would look at every hybrid trying to guess their jobs following them if you want to know more about their story. Who know if you follow a good looking male hybrid you could end up in a gay bar ?