PDA

View Full Version : Official Petition

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Official Petition for a path to be able to replay story missions and with the option to use gear aqquired later on in the game.

If we don't do a petition they will just be to lazy to implement a patch and will probably try con it to us as DLC. A patch to fix this needs to be done, it was in the first game but left out of the second game which is disgusting. Also the ability to unwield items should be added.

surfingman898
11-23-2009, 11:59 AM
hip hip, hooorah

Trace007
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
They have a name for this. It's called "NewGame+".

And yeah, they should have it.

oricle
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
yes. definitly. we need to replay the missions (like they said wed be able to do mind you) and keep weapons weve picked up and be able to by other types. it wouldnt be very complicated. just make it so we can drop weapons off at a black smith and they can deliver it to out villa. replace the cabinets with weapon racks.

AND ALSO: to everyone who votes please comment because we need as many votes as possible. and to get them this needs to stay at the top!

CluCluxClam
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Needs to happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Dec.2012
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM
17-0 sounds like a good start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Come on people vote for it!

The_Sphinx
11-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Wait, what..?

You can't replay main missions? Why on earth would they remove that? I was looking forward to replaying certain missions.

zapatista111
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I'd like to see this added too!

NuclearFuss
11-23-2009, 12:53 PM
We need to be able to put weapons back in the villa. I only bought the swords because I wanted to increase the value and now I have to carry the bloody thing around! And when a Brute knocked the sword out of my hand and I disarmed another guard, I had to keep that crappy sword you start with until I got to the Villa again!

GhostlyMagic
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
We need to be able to put weapons back in the villa. I only bought the swords because I wanted to increase the value and now I have to carry the bloody thing around! And when a Brute knocked the sword out of my hand and I disarmed another guard, I had to keep that crappy sword you start with until I got to the Villa again!

A brute knocked mine out of my hand and I simply picked it up again off the ground. It was back within my collection and no hassles in going back to the villa.

Also, I thought you could replay certain game missions when you beat the game? It was in a game interview before the game released or I heard it wrong?

NuclearFuss
11-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by GhostlyMagic:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sackboy411:

A brute knocked mine out of my hand and I simply picked it up again off the ground. It was back within my collection and no hassles in going back to the villa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here but mine was in Venice and fell into the canal and I couldn't be bothered going to the villa.

TheHellequin
11-23-2009, 01:12 PM
I registered just vote yes. 30 - 0

I mean, what's the whole point of buying the game if there's no replay value?

SWJS
11-23-2009, 01:18 PM
As awesome as the game is/supposed to be, no "new game+" means the retail value is gonna shoot down the crapper. Plus, I have a good feeling in my gut that my favorite missions are gonna be at the end, so yeah, it's gonna suck to have to replay the entire game just to get to one mission.

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
Can't Edit my first post without destroying the poll results so far. So my message is ubisoft already many people are voting for.

AC1 had it AC2 didn't have it, it should already be in there and as it's not a patch should be realised ASAP.Maybe include so you can use your latest gear and remove items.

Do it now Ubisoft!!!!

Bojir
11-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I loved the game and was really looking forward to playing some of the missions again! It is total nonsense that you cant! Plus replay with the upgrade weapons and stuff would be cool, but not as cool as having the flying machine to fly about in!

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
If you could have the flying machine in normal free roam, you would need fires everywhere, so they would have to random scatter fires around(obsiouly this would only be done at night) or they couldn't in clude it.

ScuroPhase
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
It's completely rediculous for this to have been left out, The option is there to look at all of the memories you've compeleted now we just need the option to replay them!

Bojir
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by KitkatReturns:
If you could have the flying machine in normal free roam, you would need fires everywhere, so they would have to random scatter fires around(obsiouly this would only be done at night) or they couldn't in clude it.

Yea, i was just thinkig that but an option to fly about at night would be awesome. Probably a bit of a stretch to do it.

Cpt.Gumz
11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
have the option New game+ like in Prototype

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 02:12 PM
...'Official'?

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
I put as official as if enough people vote, it will pesuade Ubisoft to actually do something.

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Something is only official if Ubisoft posts it, on these forums.

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Take a chill pill wow.

oricle
11-23-2009, 02:32 PM
its official if ubisoft pays attention to it. now please let this thread be for posts by voters.

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
The guy above voted no because my title was against the rules lol.

HALO_IZ_BETUR
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Being one to stretch for 100% completion, this little detail really gave me a problem. Replaying assassination's would be fun, but I really enjoyed to assassin's tombs as well. the puzzle solving was very addictive.

Dragonfire126
11-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Would be awesome to use the flying machine in free-roam!
And ofcourse to replay all the missions. I find it weird you can only see if you completed a mission, while replaying was easy in AC1.
And please give us the option to skip any cutscene if you replay a mission!

Realjambo
11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
I put as official as if enough people vote, it will pesuade Ubisoft to actually do something.

Actually, that's not strictly true. The poll isn't 'official' - Coolgerb is correct on that - and there is no promise that Ubisoft will 'do something'.

That said, you are welcome to host the poll, and feedback is always welcome.

roscarobert
11-23-2009, 02:52 PM
hmm... I thought you could replay them, in the DNA tab thingy?

oricle
11-23-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by roscarobert:
hmm... I thought you could replay them, in the DNA tab thingy?

apparently not. i think they took it out to release as dlc. since you can replay side missions. i wish they would just release it already. i dont see the point of waiting if its true.

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM
If they release it at DlC that would be an outrage, pratically a scam, due to the fact it should already be in the game.

Side note: Its an official petition agaisnt Ubisoft to try make them release this as a patch. The game is near perfect in my opinion, this is one of the only thing stopping it from being perfect(apart from the fact that it came to an end, instead of lasting forever)

Jaraguro
11-23-2009, 03:15 PM
I forgot about the mission replay feature in the first one.
I would definitely want it in AC2. The missions are WAY more enjoyable anyways.

KitkatReturns
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeh and imagine if you could use all your good gear near the start again for example http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Morturro
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I find it strange that they wouldn't include this feature to begin with. If it becomes DLC, I would not be very happy.

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Take a chill pill wow.

...Giving my opinion equals being angry now?

oricle
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Coolgerb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KitkatReturns:
Take a chill pill wow.

...Giving my opinion equals being angry now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes saying your angry because your being aggressive and refuse to drop it. now please just let it go so this thread can be for discussion on the petition and the patch it demands.

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by oricle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Coolgerb:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KitkatReturns:
Take a chill pill wow.

...Giving my opinion equals being angry now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hes saying your angry because your being aggressive and refuse to drop it. now please just let it go so this thread can be for discussion on the petition and the patch it demands. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't being aggresive at all. I only stated a fact, that's it.

oricle
11-23-2009, 04:54 PM
if you could just drop it so this thread can be used by voters alright?

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
if you could just drop it so this thread can be used by voters alright?

...Don't you notice yourself continuing it? I have already dropped it, I was merely curious why I got called aggresive.

BTOG46
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
That's quite enough of the arguing, pack it in now or there may be trouble..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

drfeelgood8849
11-23-2009, 05:04 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Bwahaha. Cute, a petition.

CJ0313
11-23-2009, 05:23 PM
I want to know what idiot in the development team thought that it would be a good idea NOT to allow replays. Honestly, whats the point of looking at the DNA and selecting mission if you can only read the description. Idiots.

AetosEagle
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Yes they should release a PATCH to replay main missions, why they didn't do it, it's beyond me, and very silly to leave it out.

Have it in AC1... Not in AC2... ???

The least us a fanbase and community deserve a reason why they left it out. Please?

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd love to freeroam without a beard.

Kekkon
11-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I think a skip cutscene function should be added to this petition, either way voted yes.

the amolang
11-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Kekkon:
I think a skip cutscene function should be added to this petition, either way voted yes.

thats not going to happen. no matter what.

but I don't see why you guys are so angry about this. most games (that are rpg or this style of game, so not including fps games) don't allow you to replay missions, and now your getting angry that they didn't include it? okay, maybe ac1 did have it, maybe they have a reason to take it out. do you think they sat down together, chuckling like villains, and say that they are going to take out the option to replay missions just to annoy the fans?

SemperAtheos
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kekkon:

thats not going to happen. no matter what.

but I don't see why you guys are so angry about this. most games (that are rpg or this style of game, so not including fps games) don't allow you to replay missions, and now your getting angry that they didn't include it? okay, maybe ac1 did have it, maybe they have a reason to take it out. do you think they sat down together, chuckling like villains, and say that they are going to take out the option to replay missions just to annoy the fans? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, we think they either forgot, they have a stupid reason, or they have a reason and they haven't told us.

Enkeixpress
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Hell yes!

Make it happen!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

hicks1586
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Well the functionality is already in since you can replay secondary memories, it shouldn't be that hard to extend it to primary ones.

Outlawx
11-23-2009, 06:26 PM
i don't even know why this wasn't an option in the first place. it's kinda ridiculous to miss.

Phattychris422
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
This really needs to be done i really see no other point in playing the game if you cant go back to the other missions.

oricle
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
yeah if they release it or even if they dont i want to know why it wasn't released with this implemented in the first place.

Pitalla
11-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes it needs to happen, so I can keep visiting christina hehehehahaha.

No but seriously it would be nice, to be able to do past missions with your pimped up equipment. Due to the simple fact that it is alot of fun.

NekoKera
11-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Have also noticed there are scenes in trailers of Ezio not wearing the Assassin Outfit at times in the story where you had to have it as in Memory Sequence 3&4. Also scenes of the Assassin Outfit on while being on the mission Boys Will Be Boys...either there was some kind of development play-around, or some intention of replay...not sure but was interesting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

GCconure
11-23-2009, 10:51 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Please add a sequence replay, please Ubisoft Devs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif Maybe in Uplay? Probably not, I don't know anything about video game making but that would probably be to hard to incorprate into the game..? Then again, you can order the villa secret tomb w/ Uplay points in AC2.

Coolgerb
11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Putting even more stuff into Uplay now would screw over a lot of people, as there is no way to achieve more points right now. And I for example have already spent most of my points on all the AC2 rewards that are available.

KitkatReturns
11-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Wow, why are people voting agaisnt this lol, I don't see why you wouldn't want it.

islelyre
11-24-2009, 06:00 AM
This does need to be implemented. One of Assassin's Creed best qualities was being able to replay one of the missions. Mind you, you did not keep what you had earned which made it a little less fun.

Replaying missions whilst keeping everything you have already earned is the path to walk. But, some more weapons hidden throughout the memories that you are replaying wouldn't be a bad idea either.

caswallawn_2k7
11-24-2009, 06:03 AM
Wow, why are people voting agaisnt this lol, I don't see why you wouldn't want it.
for a start there are much much more important things in the game that need fixing before they even think of adding new features.

kew414
11-24-2009, 06:33 AM
Dude, agree with them or they'll shoot you down like they did to Coolgerb http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I voted yes. I think it would be useful.
However, I'm not demanding it. It doesn't ruin my game, I don't feel ripped off, I just think it would be useful for me to get that achievement where you need to kick a guard on the flying machine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But to be honest I haven't even really thought about replaying it yet. There's still so much to do! Feathers! Glyphs! Achievements! 100% synchronization!

Kingpin4X
11-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Cpt.Gumz:
have the option New game+ like in Prototype

I'm so sick of this. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE "NEW GAME" FUNCTION! We just want to be able to reply the story missions. How hard is that?!?!? Common sense Ubisoft. If you truly want people to play your game more, then give us a patch please. I want to replay the missions so badly without having to start from the beginning.

Hashshashbrowny
11-24-2009, 07:01 AM
definitely need the option to drop weapons and armour. It would be awesome to see all the outfit colours without all the armour.

KitkatReturns
11-24-2009, 09:21 AM
So far roughly 40 to every one person voting in favour that a patch needs to be issued. Come on people we need more votes to pressurise Ubisoft into acting!

DeSabellis
11-24-2009, 09:44 AM
It would awesome to have a game with the features that were originally promised.

Spoiler* A lot of them... *

For example, if I said, Rome is in the game, you would expect the entire city to be in the game. Otherwise, you should just say the Vatican is the game. Or, even better, don't have half of Florence blocked off at the bridge...

I'm a huge fan, and I love the series without a doubt, but that is just a load of crap. Plus the missing sequences... I really thought I had a much longer game. Oh, and then the lack of being able to replay missions, both present and past... I can't believe I actually have to redo the entire game just to get to one of three present sequences.

Then, the small amount of present sequences... it's not that anyone wanted less Desmond, they just wanted more to do with him... Kinda like the combat... no one said they wanted the same waiting-counter-kill scheme as the first.... I am just amazed at how short it was in comparison to all of the hype generated about it. It always happens though.

junkun13
11-24-2009, 10:08 AM
any news from ubi?

oricle
11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
i hope they tell us something soon. i really want to know what, if anything, there doing next with the game.

mazzaAC
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I completely agree, it would be great to replay the missions, i also think they should add more about that altair mission with maria, i had no clue about that so i researched it, i shouldnt have to research it and i shouldnt have to go out buy a psp to find out either. I also think that they shouldnt have missed 10 years of ezio because it became quite a short game if you think about it, it took me about 2-3 days to complete. I think it would be cool if you were able to customize weapons because when you get altairs armour i was a bit like oh there really is no point buying anymore and it got a bit boring maybe they could have had a mace..etc which was just as good or something along those lines. They should have the whole of cities and again be able to replay the missions.
Sorry that was a bit of a rant i actually love the game itself but maybe they could have improved it more before releasing it, i would have waited!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dead-M
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Well, I first thought when i saw this thread: wtf, what a useless thread, u can alrdy replay story missions.

but I started the game just to see if i was right, but NO! Holy ****? Why do only the side missions? Its selfexplanatory: SIDE- missions. It doesn't matter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif I really want this so called patch, if it is possible anyway, so I can replay the first couple of missions where his father and brother still lives :P (And ofc other missions..)

hewerdine
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Seems obvious.

iamdanthomas
11-24-2009, 11:38 AM
definitely something needed, its farsical that its not there already. after all the effort that's obviously gone into a stunning game in every other respect, it seems like such an obvious mistake, especially as they had it on the first game.
COME ON UBISOFT DO IITTT!!!!!

oli1988
11-24-2009, 12:11 PM
They also need to fix the trophy glitches, many players like me didn't get or can't get certain trophy after completing missions... That's very annoying!!!

Kloys
11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
I can't understand why they would leave this feature out.

RobL92123
11-24-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd love to be able to:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Replay ALL missions (i.e. sequences, memories, assassinations, races, beat-ups, subject 16 puzzles etc)
<LI>Replay older missions with current armour, weapons, abilities etc
<LI>Unlock original Ezio outfit (i.e. original character model) and the Carnivale outfit (i.e. mask (Possibly golden mask aswell) and cape)
[/list]
I can't understand why replaying missions isn't in AC2 - I assumed it was, because it was in AC1, and am a bit dissapointed that it isn't. I can't imagine it's particularly hard to implement, the storyline menu showing sequences and memories is already in the game anyway.
The only way I'd be able to replay, for example, the assassination of one of the later characters, would be to restart a new game file, and there's no way I'm going to repeatedly go through 15-20 hours of gaming just to get that one key point.
Sure, I might replay the story once, maybe even twice just for fun - it is a brilliant game after all. But more than that? Probably not.
It's a shame that out of the huge number of ways implemented into AC2 to assassinate targets (faction distractions, parkour, brute strength etc etc etc), you can effectively only choose one method per assassination per game save.

LaurenIsSoMosh
11-24-2009, 12:58 PM
I was really disappointed with this myself.

The first thing I wanted after completing the game was to do exactly what Lucy suggested I do: review my memories. Yet, ironically, no such option is provided.

With the strong response to this, I guess "no replay" is the new "too repetitive." Thankfully, the ability to replay memories is much more easily fixed than a complete revamp of mission structure, so I guess a patch is possible.

Freymann
11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
It would be great to reaplay story mission, some of them were so epic. Replaying the whole game is fun once or twice but not each time you want to redo a specific mission.

If Ubi could patch it to correct that (and add the ability to remove items) the game would be nearly perfect.

DeSabellis
11-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Wasn't that the whole purpose of the 'Database', to make it easier to replay missions? Someone failed on that... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

flynlion
11-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I registered for this forum just so's I can vote YES in this poll. What's the point of the whole DNA memory thingy if you can't play the memories? I was really looking forward to getting some flight time w Leo's flying machine LoL. As it is, I'm glad I just rented this game instead of buying it.

KillScreen
11-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Signed. Good luck, Ubisoft doesn't listen to fans.

nino_674
11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
I rather enjoyed both games but the mission replay ability is a must have. Ubisoft stuffed up when they didnt put it in this game especially since there is 1 or more mission specific achievements for on xbox (kick a guard whilst flying leaonardos flying machine). If you dont get this achievement on the first playthrough you have to replay the game. PLEASE FIX THIS UBISOFT!!!

Powd3rdToastMn
11-24-2009, 05:46 PM
All i wanna do is run around w/ a spear or axe in any outfit of any color and slay people. spear and axe is a must. There should be an outfit room like your weapons and armor rooms; **** a paintings room, whose with me?

howwie11
11-24-2009, 05:47 PM
ubi you made an excellent game, and yes everyone loves the side missions...but why cut out the replay story missions? My favorite part of the 1st was going back (after lettig al mualim rattle) and trying to do really awesome looking or "perfect" assassinations. PLEASE FIX THIS

TheHellequin
11-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by KillScreen:
Signed. Good luck, Ubisoft doesn't listen to fans.

And why would they? It's not like they used player feedback to create AC2, right? Right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

nicky117
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
there's six votes against? why? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

eZpiri2
11-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I was looking forward to replay the flying machine mission to get that Flyswatter achievement. Til I realized I'd have to start a whole new game. I also want to have memories 12-13 included in some DLC as add on or for free.

hugobatfiasco
11-24-2009, 07:45 PM
i couldn't agree more with this petition, i finished the game without checking about replaying missions and was so dissapointed when i found out you couldn't. its my favourite game that i've played i think but to be let down by something so simple is bizarre. especially because i didn't kick a guard whilst in the flying machine so i'm gonna have to start the game again if i want the achievment! haha.

i also feel like an expansion(s) for Assassin's Creed 2 wouldn't be the hardest thing for them to do and in 6 months/a years time would be thoroughly worth Ubisoft's effort as i'm sure almost everyone who played the game wouldn't hesitate to buy it. it's pretty plain to see that the third addition to the AC games will be set in another part of history but it would be a shame to leave Ezio's story here. i should imagine that Ubisoft have thought about expansions now as the other top games in the market have done them and will no doubt release more (i.e. Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, etc). but i really hope we'll get another little taste of AC2 to keep us going until what i'm certain will be a remarkable AC3!

kenduguay
11-24-2009, 08:02 PM
yes i did the same mistake of not kicking some door nob in the face while flying now i can't have the master assassin achivement.... so lame it's unbelivable. Did anyone test this game before putting it on shelvs?

Mcveldon
11-24-2009, 10:01 PM
wow i was really surprised that they didn't add this i mean it had it in the first game and the whole memory DNA log thing is perfect for it.
i invited all my friends over to replay a mission and to my surprise i couldnt access the mission. i felt really stupid and upset that ubisoft would not have added this in the sequal! I MEAN ISNT THE POINT OF THE ANIMUS TO ACCESS YOUR ANCESTORS MEMORYS?!?.

come on ubi, dont make me regret my purchase, dont fail me. please...

godsmack_darius
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Dec.2012:
17-0 sounds like a good start http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DUDE, whats with yor sig, If its on 2012...No...

Xenlecan
11-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Off-topicness is off-topic?

Anyway, I voted yes, for reasons many have outlined in posts above.
Hopefully someone with authority looks at this thread and approves.

cagedokami
11-24-2009, 11:47 PM
yes please fix this, well not fix seeing as it isnt a problem but please change it.
i love ubisoft so much and i love their games so much one day i hope to work for them unfortunately its a very competitively business

Darkcheddar
11-25-2009, 12:04 AM
i was definately disapointed when i realized you couldn't replay story missions. also, the ability to kill anyone once finished with the game is essential imho. please bring that back ffs.

obliviondoll
11-25-2009, 02:40 AM
Was promised. Is needed. Patch it.

Maimer96l
11-25-2009, 03:10 AM
Yes, Yes thank you....

fourleaf112358
11-25-2009, 05:09 AM
my votes yes for sure, thats kinda a normal option for games anyway...
i forgot to do the flying kick, and i really dont wanna have to start all over again :P

Ternauwies
11-25-2009, 06:57 AM
I agree that it is beyond me why you can't replay missions and see the cutscenes again. Some of them are so awesome you just want to replay over and over.

What is the point of the animus? It is a machine that helps you to access memories of the past stored in your DNA, so why can't you access the same memories again and again. It is rather stupid that you can access a memory only one time as it is STORED in your DNA.

Please Ubisoft listen to your fans!! It is a important functional requirement that lost its implementation. This will only make things better!

PlagueDoctor357
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
So, who agrees that this petition should be edited to also include the ability to rock that carnival cape whenever you want (Mask to but more important, the best looking cape in the game.)

Also, was anybody besides me disappointed that they couldn't use the hidden blade or swords or anything when your standing around in the loading screen like in the first game?

All you can do is punch.

I used to love busting out the hidden blade and sprinting towards the screen when it loaded.

Would of been twice as cool with double the hidden blade.

caswallawn_2k7
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by nicky117:
if you dont make it so we can replay missions i might just have to go and buy MW2 [they have to take the bait http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif]
why because you are threatening them with a different game from a different group of games and is in no way comparable to the game you are trying to push them into making changes for?

wow! you really thought that one through didn't you? not to mention by your posting you have already bought the game so they already have your money they don't expect people to buy the same game twice.

KitkatReturns
11-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Back guys.

Mcveldon
11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
I just don't quite understand why they have a memory log for ezio in the the game when you CANT access them!
i mean why the heck is it there? just to look at it and say

"oh yeah!, i remember assassinating that guy, it was awesome! wish i could do it again right now...oh well."

i mean this seriously doesn't make sense! why would they take a positive from the first game and trash it?? i am totally and utterly bewildered. didn't they say it was going to be in the game... Why wouldn't they put it in the game.. no one said anything about it.. should i have bought this game.... no replay value....

ubi, please. fix this.

Mcveldon
11-25-2009, 10:11 AM
Official Petition for a path to be able to replay story missions and with the option to use gear aqquired later on in the game.

If we don't do a petition they will just be to lazy to implement a patch and will probably try con it to us as DLC. A patch to fix this needs to be done, it was in the first game but left out of the second game which is disgusting. Also the ability to unwield items should be added.

i totally agree with the replay missions but being able to play with items acquired later on is a bit much. the levels are created in mind with the weapons you have at that time, though perhaps being able to have the upgraded fighting skills instead of the weapons. that would make more sense to me. all i really want though is the ability to replay missions without having to start the game over again.

nightcobra
11-25-2009, 10:15 AM
at least we know that the community leader acknowledges this topic as the primary place regarding the replay patch in this forum.

i just hope when they actually do it, they won't take away our altair armor, weapons or unlockables

nightcobra
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
perhaps they could make it so that you'll get your previously owned weapons once you get your villa, as for the hidden blade seeing as it's upgrades are plot required they could take it away i suppose. but armors, feathers and gliphs should be given to the player once he reaches the villa.

SpedStyle
11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
i heard they rushed to get it into our hands then a big patch was coming to give us everything which is already on the disc just needs unlocking including this feature

also the feature to kill anyone we like just like the first game once completed

breakdown89
11-25-2009, 11:29 AM
omg, 97% voted yes so far!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

assassin141
11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
i want to be able to replay and have all the upgrades from the end

Cryps1
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Un-wielding items and armor is what I want too. I just think it feels more like an assassin when you dont have giant shiny metal armor on you while you're running around and climbing non stop. And also, I was hoping we could have the option to unwield weapons. Why? I don't know, but remember altair? He was walking through the cities with all his weapons in CLEAR SIGHT?

junkun13
11-25-2009, 01:40 PM
why are they ignoring this?

Ever__Lasting
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I can't believe you can't reply main missions, and yet you have the DNA strand there! I know I'm just repeating what everyone else says, but that really sucks!

And though I'm very glad they let us have three games at once (really good for having a family member who also wants to play) but that doesn't mean they had to take out the option to replay events you already played whenever you want. Replaying past ones with new weapons is cool too, but I'm fine with just being able to replay memory strands as is.

And I did think I heard somewhere before the game came out that you would be able to replay it. But I guess it was stretching the truth, just like when they said you could play in Rome.

Ugh, it ****ed me off so much that they took it out. I really hope Ubisoft pays attention to this!

aridneptune
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not sure I understand why this isn't in the game. I really wanted to (SPOILER)

go back to the Venetian Carnevale and kill the guy on the boat with the gun again. I didn't time it quite right the first time and I'm itching to go and do it right. But I can't? WTF? (/SPOILER)

KitkatReturns
11-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Keep voting guys, we need more support to make Ubi take action.

KitkatReturns
11-25-2009, 02:53 PM
Send message to Ubisoft, to pass onto the devlopers about petition so far.

thx for all the support so far

~Kitkat~

Tricai
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm so voting for this.

Not only replaying the main missions would be fun, but it would also help me with finishing up the trophy list. I never kicked guards on roofs when I used the flying machine, I thought I'd revisit the level later on and do it then, but.. now it seems like I'd have to replay the whole game just for this trophy. (not that I'd really mind to do it, the story is awesome even for a second playthrough. Still, it's a bit of a letdown. )

monkeyuncle8
11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
if they made it moddable I might even be able to fix the weapon thing

Drowelfx
11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
The ability to replay missions after the story was the only reason that I kept the first game for more than a week, why on earth did they take out the best feature of the last one in the superior game!?

Rodonair
11-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
We need to be able to put weapons back in the villa. I only bought the swords because I wanted to increase the value and now I have to carry the bloody thing around! And when a Brute knocked the sword out of my hand and I disarmed another guard, I had to keep that crappy sword you start with until I got to the Villa again! All you have to do is find the weapon on the floor and pick it back up.

j-man91
11-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Yes vote here. WTF @ 9 nos. Trying to be different I assume? Also any official info yet?

Smurphftw
11-25-2009, 07:16 PM
It doesn't make any sense to leave this feature out unless they are trying to nickel and dime us by making us pay for it in DLC.

I won't be buying any DLC that adds this at least not by itself. If it came with a bunch of other added features then maybe.

Frankly this is just a real head-scratcher. Makes no sense at all, especially considering you can replay any side missions and AC1 had it.

Crash_Plague
11-25-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm pretty sure I've either voted or signed this petition, because I too really want this feature.

But realistically speaking, I for one doubt Ubisoft will take action to release a patch/addon to allow for this feature.

Azugo
11-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Signed.

HeadshotHonchoH
11-25-2009, 11:20 PM
wtb

S0NB0Y
11-26-2009, 12:23 AM
yes. definitly. we need to replay the missions (like they said wed be able to do mind you) and keep weapons weve picked up and be able to by other types. it wouldnt be very complicated. just make it so we can drop weapons off at a black smith and they can deliver it to out villa. replace the cabinets with weapon racks.

AND ALSO: to everyone who votes please comment because we need as many votes as possible. and to get them this needs to stay at the top!

I agree, replay ability would b very welcom on both PC and console versions.

BayonetAssault
11-26-2009, 12:26 AM
agree, signed.

Dragonfire126
11-26-2009, 01:11 AM
315 people say yes so far!

Come on Ubisoft!
Make the Patch!

KitkatReturns
11-26-2009, 01:13 AM
Sent out the petition so far to Ubisoft. But to make more of an impact we will need at least 500+ Yes's.

~kitkat~

HewieAlbino
11-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Yes. Replay the missions. Maybe not with upgraded weapons and such since it'll shift the gameplay balance especailly for earlier missions. But at least a chance to revisit some of the more memorable and fun ones.

Please Ubisoft... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

mrkuyukot
11-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Ubisoft needs to remove the lock on the save file as well. I plan on upgrading my HDD and i don't wanna loose anything that I've already earned.

superdubes
11-26-2009, 03:40 AM
I went ahead and said yes. Online petitions never work. One can only hope that they do though.

RhedmondBarry
11-26-2009, 03:58 AM
agreed and signed

FidelCastroRuz
11-26-2009, 06:23 AM
I want it bad! *signs*

LamaTraLaFolla
11-26-2009, 06:35 AM
It's B.S. that this wasn't included from the start. They fixed pretty much every complaint we had with the first game, but then left out the replay feature. Pretty annoying, indeed.

I would really have liked to be able to replay the game with all of Altair's gear. I know it would create a time paradox of sorts, but this is a video game. It could be explained away by "Desmond's playing around in the Animus", or what have you.

Having beaten the game twice already, I'm going back to Dragon Age, now. There's enough replay value there to keep me playing for months.

AC2 is an awesome game, but this missing feature is a surprise and a letdown.

Zungerman090
11-26-2009, 06:43 AM
I want it too. Some cutscenes were too good. So I just want to watch them again. Please Ubi. Put in what you promised us.

GBNitropete
11-26-2009, 06:50 AM
I don't care about keeping weapons ect, i just want to replay missions so i can do stuff i forgot to do like killing someone in the flying machine!

RyuX02
11-26-2009, 07:05 AM
I agree for the replay ability

kenjiX01
11-26-2009, 07:16 AM
I just want to replay all the mision wit altair armor cos it wolde look cool.

please Ubisoft...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

bluecaboosemca
11-26-2009, 08:31 AM
This definitely needs to happen. It was a terrible decision by ubisoft to not include this from the start.

nightcobra
11-26-2009, 01:33 PM
bump

Silhouelle
11-26-2009, 01:40 PM
/Signed for replayable missions. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Vozlov-2-9
11-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Signed. Although I'd keep away from calling the developers 'lazy' and the fact they didn't in the first place 'disgusting'.

Tad arrogant no?

But otherwise yes, I would like to be able to replay the level's through the DNA menu ( if it would be possible without major bugs )

The ability to unequip items.

It would be nice to have a harder difficulty to play on aswell. I mean don't get me wrong this game probably has to be my GOTY of what i've played this year, but it can often be a slaughter. Although I'm not sure how this would be implimented.

Perhaps guards could do more damage for starters?

I just want to get to the point where running away through a cloud of smoke bombs seems like a good and/or necessary option.

Tommyx50
11-26-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't understand why they took it out, when I first played it, I saw the complex D.N.A menu and went "wow", but then after I missed that hug from Leonardo I was sad and tried to restart the memory sequence (I mean, just look at his face after not hugging him!), but then I realised I couldn't...

Mcveldon
11-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by KexN:
Signed. Although I'd keep away from calling the developers 'lazy' and the fact they didn't in the first place 'disgusting'.

Tad arrogant no?

But otherwise yes, I would like to be able to replay the level's through the DNA menu ( if it would be possible without major bugs )

The ability to unequip items.

It would be nice to have a harder difficulty to play on aswell. I mean don't get me wrong this game probably has to be my GOTY of what i've played this year, but it can often be a slaughter. Although I'm not sure how this would be implimented.

Perhaps guards could do more damage for starters?

I just want to get to the point where running away through a cloud of smoke bombs seems like a good and/or necessary option.

agreed. i also think everyone who really wants this (including myself) needs to get the word around!
tell your family, friends, co workers!, dare i say it SPAM the internet! youtube,blogs, gamesites...ETC.

we could make this work.

nevar23
11-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Signed and Tweeted. I was stunned when I found out you couldn't replay missions.

Shinquai
11-26-2009, 04:25 PM
This needs to be implemented as soon as possible, as this ommission is absolutely disgusting and has really insulted all of AC fans, new and old alike.

Rant over.

TheHellequin
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
I concur with KexN: Perhaps running away should become vital to you living if you take too many hits.

And I still want the replay as well. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The developers perhaps forgot because they were so concentrated on EVERYTHING else, that they didn't remember how they spoke of the incredible replay value AC1 had before releasing it. (They were right, you could literally replay without choosing 'NEW GAME.')

Silhouelle
11-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Shinquai:
This needs to be implemented as soon as possible, as this ommission is absolutely disgusting and has really insulted all of AC fans, new and old alike.
I'm an AC fan, and I'm not insulted. :b Christ, you people should be happy they made AC2 in the first place. If they patch this feature in, great! If not, well, I'll just keep replaying the game. ^^;

Mcveldon
11-26-2009, 05:27 PM
kitkatreturns,

might i suggest you fix your typos and re-word the actual poll to be more sincere and professional for ubisoft's eyes. we want this to work dont we?

ApocaLeepse
11-26-2009, 07:55 PM
New game + mode FTW. We need more replayability!

CrimsonFox13
11-26-2009, 08:03 PM
What the hell, Ubi? Why remove this? It adds a lot of replay value and in the first one I always replayed a lot of missions. Come on, add this, please.

john63
11-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I concur. The inability to replay story missions destroys a lot of replay value. You can only collect feathers for so long, before you feel the need to infiltrate something and stab a bad guy.

x54147
11-26-2009, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Ubisoft is waiting until they release the first DLC with sequences 12 and 13 or w/e. If you look at your DNA sequences, theres some missing. Maybe they will enable replay when they release those missions.

immortal_azrael
11-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Why would anyone vote no to this? It should have been in right from the start. You don't remove features that the first one had.

Selith_wow
11-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Signed. Would be awesome if we can donwload a patch to replay the missions

Thanatos2k
11-26-2009, 10:48 PM
I replayed a lot of stuff in AC1, and was completely dumbfounded that the feature was gone in AC2. I mean, you even added entries in the DNA for each sub-mission in each sequence, as if you could jump directly to the one you wanted!

Without this feature there is no replay value.

PurvySage007
11-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Signs for replayability http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BlackGS01
11-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Ubisoft AC2 Team,

You guys have made an incredible game. It may well be my personal GOTY. I enjoyed it so much, that yesterday I played the game for 12 hours. I NEVER play games like that, so that is saying a lot. Hats off to you guys...excellent job. However, like everyone else in this thread, I also agree that the replay feature needs to be implemented. Not only will it allow the many of us who didn't kick down a soldier during the flying mission to obtain their last stray trophy, but it will instantly add much more value to your game.

I do realize many of you guys are still on your 2 month long celebratory vacation, which you all deserve. But please, make this happen.

Undying-Flame
11-27-2009, 12:04 AM
A replay feature should have been in from the beginning, I can't understand why it was removed when AC1 had it. It looks like the DNA sequence was made to facilitate this, as every mission is marked separately on it.

Hipes
11-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I do believe that this needs to be put back into the game. It made me a little upset that I couldn't play any mission I liked over again, unless I played the entire game over.

Kazuya30
11-27-2009, 04:53 AM
Having the option to choose the main DNA segments of the game was one of the redeeming qualities of AC1 and needs to be implemented in AC2. Upon finishing the game this feaure should be implemented for us to explore and experiment with different ways for assassination tactics on any main mission in any order we choose.

DJmilo5
11-27-2009, 05:37 AM
ye this is definently a feature worth havin PLZ APPROVE IT UBI!!!!!!!!

KitkatReturns
11-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Mcveldon:
kitkatreturns,

might i suggest you fix your typos and re-word the actual poll to be more sincere and professional for ubisoft's eyes. we want this to work dont we?

I would but if I edit my first post loose all the 475 results for us. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Good Work guys, Still no reply from Ubisoft yet after I sent them the message. Keep up the support.

nightcobra
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
8 more to 500 people

EternalRush30
11-27-2009, 10:22 AM
Hopefully, Ubisoft will take note of this and make it happen. That would save me from creating a new save data.

Mcveldon
11-27-2009, 11:16 AM
wow were basically at 500. how many votes do you think it will take to get ubisofts attention?

fresh2deafbill
11-27-2009, 11:32 AM
man i was looking forward to being vote 500 but sadly i was vote 499. oh well. i hope ubi takes note of this

nightcobra
11-27-2009, 11:40 AM
well we've passed the 500 mark, let's hope the developers take a bit of notice around here. meanwhile keep those votes rolling to make an even bigger impression on them.

Italik
11-27-2009, 11:41 AM
I think I'm the number 500 and I didn't even notice it at first XDDDD http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

KitkatReturns
11-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Good work guys, Keep it up!

KitkatReturns
11-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Sent another message to Ubisoft. Thets see now we have over 500 signatures what happens.

~Kitkat~

everything_
11-27-2009, 07:15 PM
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Also the ability to unwield items should be added.</pre>

When you say that, don't you mean armor?

NeedMentalHelp
11-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Do you really think it will keep them out of their sleep when 500+ people signed a petition for a patch while they already have your money?

henrych776
11-27-2009, 09:31 PM
0mFQ tH3y diDn'T 4dD th1S 1nT0 tHe Gam3? 1F Th3y DoNt PatCh tHi5 anD F1x ThI5 i W1Ll CuT Mys3Lf anD H0moC1d3 mY P4reNts!!!!!!

lol jk XDXD.
But I was seriously let down that this game didn't have a way to replay missions.
I am a huge fan of this series and I thoroughly enjoyed both AC1 and AC2 and I believe that this should be in the game with the same reasons that were mentioned before (except that i had already kicked the guy with the flying machine =P).
I hope this petition works but I doubt it will /=
I voted 'yes' so at least I tried to make a difference.

Samuel032593
11-27-2009, 10:29 PM
It's rediculous that we can't go back and play missions, and with our already earned gear, I mean, the last mission was totally awesome, but then, "sorry, please replay the entire game to re-access, thank you."

Me: Ya mean, the...the whole.. whole entire game?

Computer voice: Yes, the entire game.

Me: All like 40 hours of it(Exageration)?

Computer: Yes.

Me: WTF? You've got to be kidding me.

Computer: I'm not kidding you.

Me: Shut up!

Computer: Make me.

Me: I will.

Computer: OK then, do it, your not man enough.

Me: Really, sure you want to test that?

Computer: Try me meat bag.(Yes this is a reference to KOTOR's assassin droid, I couldn't resist lol)

I hope I've got the point across, just please Ubi, allow replaying missions. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Shacks
11-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Really there is no excuse not to have it in there already.

vanbuskirks
11-28-2009, 01:42 AM
Really a shame this didn't make it in. If not a patch, adding it to the PC version would be fine. My PC has better specs than an xbox or ps3

nightcobra
11-28-2009, 01:53 AM
just adding it to pc is not fine, if this patch comes out it should be for every game medium the game is in.

flavorcountry19
11-28-2009, 02:49 AM
well lets hope they see this. and keep those votes coming

reece420
11-28-2009, 05:44 AM
yeah lets get this up and running ubi!!!

maverick494
11-28-2009, 05:54 AM
I made my own thread because of this. So, yeah, Join me in. I want to replay the missions too UBI!

havok470
11-28-2009, 06:08 AM
yes, memories should be replayable just like in AC1

kenduguay
11-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Well the only achivement i haven't done is the "fly swatter" and i can't get the last trophy because we can't replay http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

monkey_man09
11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Really need this feature. I want to replay the gun/carnival assassination dammnit.

Cryps1
11-28-2009, 08:31 AM
Why in the world didn't the developers think of this feature?

henrych776
11-28-2009, 11:24 AM
I think they did consider it, and even promised it to us as some people have said, but maybe they were looking at the replay mission function from AC1's perspective.

Ubisoft might have been looking for a way to let us replay missions without too much of your equipment unlocked like in the first game.

However,since this game is less rigid and you were able to aquire many different weapons at different times in the game, they had a harder time deciding what should be allowed in. But that's just what I think. /=

brazilanubis3
11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
can someone make a Costume DLC petition? this would include the venetian guard armor, the carnavale golden mas and cape http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NekoKera
11-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Only 4 away from 600. Seems to be doing very good and this thread always seems to be on the top page. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

agentpoop
11-28-2009, 02:35 PM
signed for everything mentioned

Mcveldon
11-28-2009, 03:32 PM
600, alright keep it up! in a couple of day will definitely be to 1000 and perhaps then we can catch ubisofts attention

TxL7833
11-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Yay, apparently I was number 600 for yes.

But on a more serious note, they should really let us players take off items like swords because I'm on sequence 5 and its getting really annoying to see a sword on my belt that I almost never use. All I need is the disarm ability it works great.

Angelo_di_Rios
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
This kinda makes me not want to get the game now.

It will make no sense not to have it in the game.

oricle
11-28-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Angelo_di_Rios:
This kinda makes me not want to get the game now.

It will make no sense not to have it in the game.

yeah it sucks that its not there but you should still get it. its just not living up to its full potential like it should.

MACKOLLOUGH
11-28-2009, 05:27 PM
Assassin's Creed needs a little replay value to keep afloat...
Come on every vote counts

krimm987
11-28-2009, 05:49 PM
this petition is a very good idea, but in my opinion it wouln't be irrevelant to add a difficulty mode to incease the replay value!

henrych776
11-28-2009, 05:51 PM
I hope we get their attention to this petition so Ubisoft could maybe release a patch to fix this.

But how do we find out if theres any official word to their decision?

ssjMA7
11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>original Ezio outfit (civilian)
outfit without armour
masks
carnival cape
color every part of the suit[/list]
all of these should be in the game aswell i would really want to change to ezios' old clothes, the none assassin ones. then we could even change its colors and keep some weapons(especially hidden blade weapons).
wouldnt u ppl want that??

ZeppelinStorm
11-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Also there how come they don't allow you to kill civilians? That was awesome in the first one.

RockRyno
11-28-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm totally on board with this. It looks like I'm going to have to start a new game because I didn't kick someone while flying Da Vinci's machine to get the Fly Swatter Achievement.

Jlroberts
11-28-2009, 07:57 PM
Loads of us forgot to kick the guy when on the flying machine mission...we need to replay it i love the game and all but i cba to go all the way through again just to play that bit

robertgarci
11-28-2009, 09:41 PM
send the link to other gaming sites to more people will get to vote

robertgarci
11-28-2009, 09:43 PM
send the link to this site to other gaming sites to that more people will vote

Jaxter123
11-28-2009, 10:50 PM
bump
and i like the weapon rack idea

Rblanch007
11-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Does anyone know if Ubisoft has responded to this???

IB_O_IR_ID_O
11-28-2009, 11:15 PM
I am 995/1000 because I failed to get lucky and kick someone on the flying mission. I need a do-over!!!

ijr2009
11-28-2009, 11:52 PM
[QUOTE]Dear Ubisoft, let me tell you that assassin's creed 2 is a great game. i knew it would be. thats why i pre ordered it. with money i was just barelly able to get. and then i was outside my local gamestop at 7 am, hours before it opens. and i recieved my game right when it opened. in ten days i beat your game and got all your achievements. and then days later i wanted to beat the crap out of the pope one more time, only to find i couldn't. please don't make me have to play all the way through the game just for the finale. please make it possible for me to get there quick and please dont make me pay for it. i already put in my 60 bucks. if i can't play my favorite levels whenever i want i really see no reason to continue playing with it. i'll still be a loyal fan if you don't, but sometimes us fans need to be rewarded. i humbly ask that you fullfill your original promise to let us jump to our favorite in story missions.

Koemi
11-28-2009, 11:55 PM
I finished the game yesterday and wanted VERY BADLY to reply the last 2 sequence (11 and 14) and found out that I COULDN'T! That's a big disappointment. I mean, sure I can replay the WHOLE game to play just those sequences but not everyone has more than 2 hours game-time on a daily basis! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Some of us need to work, or study, or both.

This is an excellent game and I'd even say it's the game of the year, yet with no replay function... this just drastically reduced its replayability.

crazy-tosh
11-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Cmon man, I wanted to replay so many missions that i screwed up, and now i find I have to go through another few days of gameplay just to reach them again?? anyway, 656-13

Deuce_Tempest
11-29-2009, 04:11 AM
I missed Fly Swatter ... I missed it...

Jedted
11-29-2009, 05:05 AM
I'd be happy with a NG+ option where you start a new game with the map already exposed and aswell as having all the codex pages from the begining.

It would make re-playing for the story all the more enjoyable.

Cryps1
11-29-2009, 08:28 AM
This is just one huge flaw on Ac2. The ability to replay memory sequences should have been implemented without a doubt, I really want to shoot my earlier targets with the pistol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

henrych776
11-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Yess almost 700 people http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
But how much will it take to get their attention?

i really hope they patch this soon though and i guess ill check back here frequently to see if theres official word...

mtpathy
11-29-2009, 12:23 PM
yes i would appreciate the ability to re-play memory sequences.

TheZMan623
11-29-2009, 01:01 PM
I think this is a must because it was in the first Assassins Creed and therefore should be in the sequel. AC2 is an awesome game I just wanna be able to replay missions whenever without starting a new game

rdog33
11-29-2009, 03:32 PM
YES! we should be able to replay all missions, and we should be able to keep our equipment when doing so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if we have to start a new game, we should start past all the begening crap, like right as he gets to montereggi!!!!!!!!!

that would make this game 10000000000000000X better!

henrych776
11-29-2009, 04:35 PM
in the Solution Center on Ubi site one question for AC2 was
"How do I replay missions or memories in Assassin's Creed 2?"
Then the answer from Ubisoft was:
"Main story missions/memories cannot be replayed unless you start a new game of Assassin's Creed 2.

However, you will be able to replay side missions found throughout the game. These side missions include Courier, Assassination, Race, Beat up, and Assassin Tombs (*including the Exclusive maps).

To replay these missions after completing the game, press Pause and choose "DNA". Under the "Secondary Memories" section (Top/Right) you will have a listing of all secondary memories that have been completed and can be replayed. "
Does that mean that they arent even going to consider patching replays in? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

andorofo
11-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Newgame+ to the people!

Masta_Pain
11-29-2009, 06:47 PM
just voted, cmon ubi it took over 6, and i mean OVER SIX MONTHS to deliver a well needed patch for Far Cry 2 (which sucked btw) and it still didn't fix everything we asked for. this only minor ubi, but it'll make a whole lot of difference.

ValidatedDavid
11-29-2009, 06:51 PM
It's a major, major disappointment to me, and as I said elsewhere I'm no longer recommending buying the game new to those who ask me. Used, borrow, or rent now that I know this. I was really hoping to get into this big time - but playing the main story over and over just isn't going to keep me interested in the game like replaying my favorite assassinations would have - and did with AC1.

Can't believe they left it out.

bladencrowd
11-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Vary the missions, but take away re-play...were all the people who made the game drunk half the time? Re-play would turn this near pezzi di merda into a amazing game.

Zeusdude2020
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
716 votes YES?!?!

716!?!?!

WOW!

burtonboy05
11-29-2009, 11:10 PM
I loved AC1 and AC2 is fantastic and I'm only 5 chapters in due to a lack of time. I'm pretty jacked off that you can't reply missions though. It just doesn't make sense to be missing this option after the first game included it.

Given the nature of the game is based on reliving memories and all it's a really odd move to not have this option.

OzLefty76
11-29-2009, 11:50 PM
Ugh. Missable achievements SUCK.

What's the point of hanging onto the game to try to get the full 1000G for it, when I can't do that without restarting?

It makes it much more likely I'll trade it in early, effectively depriving Ubisoft of another sale.

ValidatedDavid
11-30-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm doing a lot of the after completion stuff now as well as playing a new game and I just can't see this holding my attention without the assassinations replay feature from the first game.

The Issues:

-The Contract Assassinations are no different than just picking out a guard and killing them so this is no replacement for the main assassinations.
-The tombs were well done but does anyone really see themselves doing this over and over? Not to mention I found the forced camera angles in the tombs a bit more of a nuisance than a challenge.
-The races? Once you memorize the course (2-3 times thru) what more is there?
-Beat up events?
-Etc etc.

This game is the main assassinations!! everything else is gravy - who wants a second helping of just gravy?

Then there is the issue of starting a new game:

-66 view points every time you want a complete set of maps
-Repeated tutorials that can't be skipped
-Stuff like carrying Leonardo's box for 5 minutes
-Following the courtesan around
-Etc etc

There are just too many things that aren't enjoyable to do again to get to the stuff that is (only to do it once!!)

There are two ways this game's re-playability can go from "not even a keeper" to "great replay value" and they are both simple.

1. New game+
-you start off with your maps, villa, gear, outfits and money letting you move directly to the assassinations in sequence.

2. Enable Memory Sequence replays.

These solutions are such no brainers I'm still in disbelief they were left off. If these aren't patched in some way this game is going to be all over the used stores well before Christmas. Too bad, because it is a great game the first time through.

Koemi
11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
I cannot agree with you more, David.

If there can't be a replay, at least a New Game+, where we can play through the game WITHOUT finding all the viewpoints, going through all the tombs, finding all the feathers AGAIN.

and a button to skip the cutscene for the replay/New Game+ WOULD BE VERY NICE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KitkatReturns
11-30-2009, 09:37 AM
Im back guys, sorry been gone a while had an operation on my foot =(

Back on track 750 nice going so far guys.

jayfoxer9
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Hope this gets done!

ValidatedDavid
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Koemi:
I cannot agree with you more, David.

If there can't be a replay, at least a New Game+, where we can play through the game WITHOUT finding all the viewpoints, going through all the tombs, finding all the feathers AGAIN.

and a button to skip the cutscene for the replay/New Game+ WOULD BE VERY NICE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

....and I should point out, too, that I am a huge fan of AC. I played the first game exclusively for months. I must have assassinated Sirbrand at least 100 times all in different ways. That is/was the appeal of this series to me - the variety of things that could be done was just fantastic.

And then there was the day I saw this on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...K_mc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G43h7I-K_mc&feature=related)

Replaying assassinations is how Ian figured out how to do that - and stuff like that is what Assassins Creed is to me. It's almost like Ubi had a meeting 2 weeks before release and said "alright the game is perfect.........now how can we ruin it" It's because I love this game so much that I'm so miffed they did this.

junkun13
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
up for this!

jasmin-jade
11-30-2009, 03:54 PM

what i find really scary is out of 770 people who voted for the abilty to replay missions 13 players actually said no.WWWWHHHHYYYY

basically i got my 1000 ponits in the game and as i cannot replay any levels without having to sit through an entire new game with all the bits of the game i dont want to redo, i see no point in keeping my copy and selling it back to th shop i got it from..which imo is a bad thing for the company who made the game..new players will just be buying old copies which are readily available than new copies ..so less money for company..so they shoud put in option to replay...

so what if you got all the weapons and want to do an easy level..makes no difference to me ive completed the game how it was meant to be completed.so its up to me how i replay the missions if the option comes in..

edit...think the title of thread should include petition for mission replay just so any people who made this game can find it quickly..

Mcveldon
11-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by jasmin-jade:

what i find really scary is out of 770 people who voted for the abilty to replay missions 13 players actually said no.WWWWHHHHYYYY

basically i got my 1000 ponits in the game and as i cannot replay any levels without having to sit through an entire new game with all the bits of the game i dont want to redo, i see no point in keeping my copy and selling it back to th shop i got it from..which imo is a bad thing for the company who made the game..new players will just be buying old copies which are readily available than new copies ..so less money for company..so they shoud put in option to replay...

so what if you got all the weapons and want to do an easy level..makes no difference to me ive completed the game how it was meant to be completed.so its up to me how i replay the missions if the option comes in..

edit...think the title of thread should include petition for mission replay just so any people who made this game can find it quickly..

they just think their funny, idiots. only 1 person probably had a reason to vote no. but no matter were almost to 800 keep it up!!!!!!

andorofo
11-30-2009, 05:37 PM
Well to all you saying that it would mean less money if they dont enable replay, if you install the game on your hard drive you can turn it in anyway...

ProjectXigis
11-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Definitely. I have a sort of vision of how I want Ezio to look and what weapons to have at a certain point in his life. I really don't care if that makes me crazy, but having that would be fantastic.

breakdown89
11-30-2009, 06:51 PM
YO ATMON! MAKE IT HAPPEN! LOL

Redfeather1975
11-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I would enjoy the ability to replay the last area and see the ending again.
I had to leave the room while the final speech to Ezio/Desmond happened, and right now I believe my only option is to find it on youtube.

Just saying if it is not too much trouble to implement, it would not go unappreciated. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

AndreiGiant
11-30-2009, 09:52 PM
bump
I pretty much agree with everything that has been said, although i have gotten the flying machine achievement.

Koemi
11-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by ValidatedDavid:

....and I should point out, too, that I am a huge fan of AC. I played the first game exclusively for months. I must have assassinated Sirbrand at least 100 times all in different ways. That is/was the appeal of this series to me - the variety of things that could be done was just fantastic.

And then there was the day I saw this on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...K_mc&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G43h7I-K_mc&feature=related)

Replaying assassinations is how Ian figured out how to do that - and stuff like that is what Assassins Creed is to me. It's almost like Ubi had a meeting 2 weeks before release and said "alright the game is perfect.........now how can we ruin it" It's because I love this game so much that I'm so miffed they did this.

Same here - I must have assassinated those targets with any means I can think of for over 100 times. And watching the cutscene in-between those gory works makes it all the more better.

I posted this thread up on my Facebook so hopefully we'll get more people post here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Anyone with me?

Sminty_1
12-01-2009, 01:27 AM
I'd quite like this feature back because on Leonardo's Flying mission - I spent ages retrying to try and kick a guard, but it never happened - so I thought "I'll come back to it later"....

I'm not quite as passionate about this as some people above - but I think it is needed.

TheBalrog
12-01-2009, 10:12 AM
This definetly needs to be done, whos stupid idea was it to not include this in the first place???

Xaerxion
12-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Lol cant believe 13 people do not want such a patch. I do hope this patch doesn't have a really big file size.

P.S. I registered to this forum by this thread alone! My kicking people off the roofs achievement ... I NEVER GOT IT!

huskeprower02
12-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Voted yes. I didn't get the Fly Swatter achievement and no way am I playing through the entire game again just for that.

ACN001
12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
This needs to be done, plain and simple. This petition is good in a way, but what we all realy need to do (which I have done already) is call ubi and put in a complaint.

Number: 919-460-9778
They told me that I was of course not the only one that has complained. Everyone should, if not done already, should call and file a comlaint.

Hope this issue is resolved soon otherwise I will be selling this amazing game b/c of the replay value sucks ***...lol

ValidatedDavid
12-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ACN001:

Hope this issue is resolved soon otherwise I will be selling this amazing game b/c of the replay value sucks ***...lol

Yes, currently it is an amazing game with lousy replay

Hopefully they can include this with the January DLC they just announced (if not an earlier patch).

Siflin
12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah so I lack 1 achievement.

I'd like it for that reason alone, as well as seeing the last scene again on my big *** tv rather than on youtube in very poor quality.

I seriously do not get that they didn't add this in the first place, it's doesn't make any sense.

georgeboyadjiev
12-01-2009, 01:20 PM
I agree 100% with the idea! The best thing to do is to add a New Game+, but I'd settle for the option to replay sequences. Please do add this for your fans as a patch or in a free DLC! But for humanity's sake, don't put it in a paid DLC, I already paid once for this game!!!

Koemi
12-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ACN001:
This needs to be done, plain and simple. This petition is good in a way, but what we all realy need to do (which I have done already) is call ubi and put in a complaint.

Number: 919-460-9778
They told me that I was of course not the only one that has complained. Everyone should, if not done already, should call and file a comlaint.

Thanks! will bombard ubi whenever I can. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

katz_bg
12-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, I'd like to be able to go back to certain moments of the memory without having to play through a new game to reach them.
Although I'll play it through again anyway.

The game is an improvement in every other direction except the one this poll is for.

TheBalrog
12-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Do the people who matter acually read this thread or forum? Or are we just wasting time cos this is a pretty damn important issue, i just hope it gets sorted.

georgeboyadjiev
12-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Do you know what's the international code for the number you gave? Or is that all I dial if I live say on the Balkans? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

plageius223
12-01-2009, 02:55 PM
It would be nice to be able to play the game all the way through again and have all of the skills and equipment just for kicks

arararas
12-01-2009, 03:38 PM
i have unlocked all the achievements but one.and i must replay a mission to get that achievement do you know how it feels to have 995 achievement points out of 1000? please fix this up

Koemi
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by georgeboyadjiev:
Do you know what's the international code for the number you gave? Or is that all I dial if I live say on the Balkans? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'd say that's in america so I'd try "1" for national code?