PDA

View Full Version : Yeehaa, landed the 190

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Just managed to land the FW 190a9 for the first time since the patch! The FM is certainly different, but I for one, am pleased with it. I spent last night and some of this morning doing circuits trying to get the feel of the new FM and slowly it is coming together after crashing and burning loads of times. I generally fly the 190, mainly offline, and the characteristics of this aircraft are recognisable from what I've read from various books, and that's both before and after the patch, its just a matter of tweaking and opinion
I used to drive a MK2 Golf GTI and if I had to explain how it felt to drive, I would struggle. If I had to model it in a computer sim and make it perform in a recognisable way within the limitation of hardware and programming I would find it impossible. If you read any road test in motoring magazines the results vary widely from one test to the other, as do the subjective opinions of the road testers. So who is right and what figures do you believe?
My point is this, we are talking about a massive amount of information which has been put together within this game. The accuracy of the modelling is superb, sit in a cockpit and it is as accurate as possible down to the smallest instrument. The number of flyable planes is huge and I am amazed that they are all as true to reality as they are. This game is an incredible piece of software and I cannot commend Oleg and the team highly enough for it. It is blindingly obvious to me that they are passionate about this subject and as far as I am concerned it is in safe hands. I reloaded IL2 last week and played the original game minus any patches, if anyone doubts the commitment of the team to accuracy and development they should try it and see how far we have come.
I'd just like to add a big thank you to all involved with progressing this product, it has given me endless hours of enjoyment. Long may it continue

P.S. Ich bin nicht ein wurgerwhiner

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Just managed to land the FW 190a9 for the first time since the patch! The FM is certainly different, but I for one, am pleased with it. I spent last night and some of this morning doing circuits trying to get the feel of the new FM and slowly it is coming together after crashing and burning loads of times. I generally fly the 190, mainly offline, and the characteristics of this aircraft are recognisable from what I've read from various books, and that's both before and after the patch, its just a matter of tweaking and opinion
I used to drive a MK2 Golf GTI and if I had to explain how it felt to drive, I would struggle. If I had to model it in a computer sim and make it perform in a recognisable way within the limitation of hardware and programming I would find it impossible. If you read any road test in motoring magazines the results vary widely from one test to the other, as do the subjective opinions of the road testers. So who is right and what figures do you believe?
My point is this, we are talking about a massive amount of information which has been put together within this game. The accuracy of the modelling is superb, sit in a cockpit and it is as accurate as possible down to the smallest instrument. The number of flyable planes is huge and I am amazed that they are all as true to reality as they are. This game is an incredible piece of software and I cannot commend Oleg and the team highly enough for it. It is blindingly obvious to me that they are passionate about this subject and as far as I am concerned it is in safe hands. I reloaded IL2 last week and played the original game minus any patches, if anyone doubts the commitment of the team to accuracy and development they should try it and see how far we have come.
I'd just like to add a big thank you to all involved with progressing this product, it has given me endless hours of enjoyment. Long may it continue

P.S. Ich bin nicht ein wurgerwhiner