PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Loot Ruining Progression System - Loot Boxes

GeneraISoIo
01-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Hey all, with the latest season we got a lot of cool weapons and armor. I say, that for some heroes, the original ones, have too many items to pick from with the current state of the "progression" system. Before this season, I played for a week straight with my Conq, and probably spent about 8000 steel in that week, attempting to get the gold skull shield, just the bloody shield, a whole week and 8000 steel for ONE item. I will not stand for this on another hero for another item I want. With that said, I believe the loot system should change, where they can tell what you have in your inventory, so you don't get any duplicates, or at least tell when you already have two of something. I get that they want to extend the end game content, but just making me spend a ridiculous amount of steel or time for ONE item is too much. They need to make it where it can tell what is already in your inventory and drop other items you don't already have. I'm a rep 14 Highlander and I have never gotten the Stoor Worm Sword's guard. NEVER. I find it crazy to spend so much time and steel for one item when it shouldn't be the case. If I could just get all the items I want for a hero would allow me to go ahead and get the items for another hero instead, and once I have all the items I want, I can FINALLY play with the heroes I want instead of the heroes who still need an item. I can concentrate on leveling up the hero and getting better color patterns and outfits. The Season 4 heroes def need more items, but for the original heroes, if they add anymore items, there will need to be changes to loot drops. IMO.

bob333e
01-13-2018, 03:24 AM
I'm glad someone else brought this up.

Scavenger crates are a prime joke. The whole RNG loot system is a joke. It shouldn't even exist in the game. We should get Steel, XP and Salvage per match, that's it. No RNG loot, no 'no loot found' screens. All loot is accessible via Blacksmith Shop (which takes the place of 'Scavenge Gear' in the menu), where you can view and purchase gear and weapons according to which tier you are. All tiers are viewable but you may only purchase/craft/forge gear that matches your tier, or lower tiers should you wish to. Primary currency for the Blacksmith Shop is Salvage, not Steel. And no more of this Change Look crap. If you wish to modify a blade's appearance, you can 're-forge', at an additional cost of Salvage, and minimal Steel cost. You only unlock available appearances based on what you purchased/crafted/forged on your account. Which are then saved in a 'journal' of sorts and can be referenced to at any time. And you may apply any appearance from any tier provided you purchased/crafted/forged that specific appearance before.

Re-forging isn't limited to appearance; you may re-forge if you wish to alter gear stats too. And you may 'refine' to augment a specific stat, at additional Salvage costs.

And if they absolutely can't get rid of scavenger crates even if the above system gets implemented some time in the future (lol one can dream), then the scavenger crates should offer Steel and Salvage.

For Event Gear, like the Frost Wind weapons, they will have their own tab in the Blacksmith Shop menu, which then disappears after the event ends, and they cost more Salvage and a bit more Steel to craft/forge (they cannot be purchased), and they also require completion of specific event orders that get handed out during the event.

That, is what befits an AAA full-priced product. Not a godforsaken RNGfest of a mess. With an inventory space bottleneck.

GeneraISoIo
01-23-2018, 08:24 PM
I'm glad someone else brought this up.

Scavenger crates are a prime joke. The whole RNG loot system is a joke. It shouldn't even exist in the game. We should get Steel, XP and Salvage per match, that's it. No RNG loot, no 'no loot found' screens. All loot is accessible via Blacksmith Shop (which takes the place of 'Scavenge Gear' in the menu), where you can view and purchase gear and weapons according to which tier you are. All tiers are viewable but you may only purchase/craft/forge gear that matches your tier, or lower tiers should you wish to. Primary currency for the Blacksmith Shop is Salvage, not Steel. And no more of this Change Look crap. If you wish to modify a blade's appearance, you can 're-forge', at an additional cost of Salvage, and minimal Steel cost. You only unlock available appearances based on what you purchased/crafted/forged on your account. Which are then saved in a 'journal' of sorts and can be referenced to at any time. And you may apply any appearance from any tier provided you purchased/crafted/forged that specific appearance before.

Re-forging isn't limited to appearance; you may re-forge if you wish to alter gear stats too. And you may 'refine' to augment a specific stat, at additional Salvage costs.

And if they absolutely can't get rid of scavenger crates even if the above system gets implemented some time in the future (lol one can dream), then the scavenger crates should offer Steel and Salvage.

For Event Gear, like the Frost Wind weapons, they will have their own tab in the Blacksmith Shop menu, which then disappears after the event ends, and they cost more Salvage and a bit more Steel to craft/forge (they cannot be purchased), and they also require completion of specific event orders that get handed out during the event.

That, is what befits an AAA full-priced product. Not a godforsaken RNGfest of a mess. With an inventory space bottleneck.

Your suggestion is very well thought out and it sounds like it could work. It has my vote! lol I hope the community reps will pass it along.

I believe that the current system is kinda of what's wrong with games or at least what's wrong with loot boxes in games. It gives the game devs the ability to dynamically change the "grind" into what ever they want to determine how much money people spend on microtransactions, or how much grind that can get away with that people will pay for until people get upset about too much grind. I don't think these systems should be in AAA games, that is what DLCs are for.

bob333e
01-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Your suggestion is very well thought out and it sounds like it could work. It has my vote! lol I hope the community reps will pass it along.

I believe that the current system is kinda of what's wrong with games or at least what's wrong with loot boxes in games. It gives the game devs the ability to dynamically change the "grind" into what ever they want to determine how much money people spend on microtransactions, or how much grind that can get away with that people will pay for until people get upset about too much grind. I don't think these systems should be in AAA games, that is what DLCs are for.

Thanks much. I do try to be constructive in ideas and thoughts that are far from detrimental to the overall betterment of this game. This game has so many issues. The biggest of which is design caveats, the second biggest is its F2P MMO model and RNGfestation. The third biggest being gaps in balances between the heroes. And the fourth being connectivity issues.

The F2P MMO model and the RNG system have no place at all in For Honor. If anything, the only RNG should be what orders are generated for you to complete them. That's the sole extent to which RNG should interfere with the game. Currently, RNG dominates the following:

- Armor loot
- Weapon loot
- Lootbox rewards
- Gear stats
- How much Steel you get per match
- Tournament rewards
- Faction War rewards (most of them)
- Reputation-specific loot rewards as you gain another reputation level
- Event loots
- Daily orders
- Contract orders

That, is too much.

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 04:36 PM
I completely agree. If it was not a complete RNG situation it would be better. Meaning, if it was RNG at first and once you get items, it can tell and then only drop what you don't have. That would be an improvement, but I do miss the days when the progression system mattered more on completing certain tasks instead grinding out until you get enough of the in-game currency. I really do feel that it is ruining games, or at least AAA games. If it is a F2P game, then RNG it up and let the micros flow, but in a $60 AAA game, it should be able to make its money back by games sales and DLC. If it can't, then they shouldn't be a AAA game for $60.

GeneraISoIo
01-24-2018, 05:57 PM
I also find it funny that the community reps have not responded to this thread. I see them respond to so many threads that are, in my opinion, much less important. I just saw a thread where the dude wants an all black color and he was the only one to post and the community rep responded. I would like to know if they plan on making any changes to the progression system in the future? I doubt it, but I can see how adding more items will really hurt the end game aka the end game grind.

bob333e
01-25-2018, 12:36 PM
Lol I know, right? the most controversial topics pertaining to the game are usually avoided. What we are suggesting is a modification of a vital chunk of the entire system around which For Honor has been built, outside of the combat system. And it will certainly impact the microtransaction model, in favor of the playerbase.

I wrote up a thread in Suggestions & Feedback last month, stating that we, the playerbase, on all platforms, should get a huge Steel giveaway to all our accounts on the official launch of the dedicated servers, for various logical and factual reasons. It went completely ignored by the reps. At least it resonated well with anyone who checked it out. I'll leave a link should you wish to read through. It also brings up in the subsequent replies the same points mentioned here.

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1815314-Steel-Giveaway-at-Official-Servers-Launch-What-If-!

I do certainly appreciate all the improvements for the game so far, and all that's still to come. But all of this... should have been day one. Like any proper AAA title. What For Honor needs is new direction, new management, a bigger team of designers, artists and programmers, and a bigger budget. And, an entirely different core framework of interface, progression, player reward, customization, and flexibility and freedom for the player to craft and nurture their own desired progression routes, free of bureaucratic shackles and pay-to-win incentives.

The people who worked on its core development did an amazing job with all the environments, maps, hero models, props, weapons, animations... the list goes on. Unfortunately, actual work on the game stopped there.

For lack of proper evidence or official confirmation, I'd like to think that the post-launch phase has been nothing but bug fixes and tweaking heroes here and there. No actual development has been done. Everything that we got, from new maps to new game modes to new heroes to new ornaments, executions and effects, was prepared pre-launch. This would also outline why they outright refused to completely redo the Frost Wind Viking Mask, because, it was done pre-launch; they don't have that same design team nowadays. And for the same reason why we did not receive new armors by S4: because no further sets were prepared pre-launch, other than the recycle-in-between.

This is one major reason why I'm skeptical about the upcoming character reworks. Because this means new actual development and production. This means the For Honor team are actually pulling effort and producing something new for the game. Yet again, they prefer to not use the term 'reworks', rather they'd like to call it 'updates'. Which suggests far more shallow changes to the OG cast.

I'm looking forward for the dedicated servers, lag compensation system, character rew....'updates', parry changes, a new and revised and actually meaningful Faction War, and hopefully even, revised feats. But even after all of this, I, personally, will still have a deep, vicious gripe with the callous and disheartening framework around which this game has been built.

GeneraISoIo
03-09-2018, 06:58 PM
Bringing this subject backup, I wanted to hop on and get one piece of a weapon set before the event was over for the Apollyon sets. I spent 6000 steel and didn't get what I wanted. I don't have time to play enough to get it so I spent the last of my steel to get it and didn't. F@#k this progression system and F@#k loot boxes. I really loved this game for a long time, and then it was just disappointment after another disappointment. I hopped on after dedicated servers to be, "hey I dont get disconnected, nothing else has changed tho." Now that if finally works I can focus on other things, like how horrible the loot boxes are. 10mins to 10 weeks for an item is bullSh@t. You all have fun supporting loot boxes, I won't. Good bye For Honor, for good this time.

Xx_Tormentor_xX
09-22-2018, 10:42 PM
Still no change! Every single level up those ****ty duplicates of trash items!