PDA

View Full Version : Updated Patch Notes Ft. Highland and Conqueror

mleonard3090
01-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Hey Guys,

The devs just left me a voicemail and wanted me to share a few small patch notes they forgot to include yesterday.

Conqueror

[Improvement] Top heavy now does 30 damage (up from 25)

Developer Notes: The top heavy is slower than side heavies so this should give players a reason to use top heavy

Highlander

[Improvement] OS light now costs 10 stamina (down from 165)

[Improvement] Increased attack speed of defensive stance light attacks

[Bug Fix] Sprinting attack now properly hits minions

Developer Notes: Our bad on the Highlander. His OS light cost too much stamina for the low damage it produced. This should encourage players to use this attack. He was unable to get a guaranteed side light off a guard break so an increase in speed should fix this. Sprinting attack would target one minion while "swing through" other minions, this is corrected.

Disclaimer: I'm lying about all this (and some of my values may not be correct)

The point I'm trying to make is the developers have left some characters servery handicapped for a very long time (the two above are the ones I have experience with). I know these characters are first up on the rework but can't we have a small buff in the mean time? We've already waited months and now we're waiting another month (at least) for a rework.

I know the devs said they don't want to just change values (attack speed, attack damage) but then they did just that with the Aramusha buff (now getting a guaranteed heavy off a GB is a pretty significant change). Seems like a slap in the face to the conq mains that have been waiting a log time for a buff.

I think I'm in the majority on this (and i know there's characters and changes I didn't mention) but I'm curious of others players opinions on this?

The_B0G_
01-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Totally agree, I see the need to expedite nerfs for OP characters, but have no idea why they would buff a brand new character before buffing characters that have been in need for much, much longer and I don't mean the rework characters, obviously they are hard at work on those and it takes much more resources to complete.

David_gorda
01-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Yep 100% agreed.

FredEx919
01-12-2018, 07:30 PM
As you already know, the work has been going into the reworks rather than making changes that would need to be adjusted again following reworks and defensive meta changes. I can totally understand where you're coming from though. The good news is that we're not far off from some exciting changes to some of the original cast. We'll be placing a focus on these reworks and the overall balance in the game, so we'll be looking for all the feedback from everyone.

Vakris_One
01-12-2018, 07:43 PM
I agree that from our end it is frustrating to wait so long on the reworks. I mean I want my Kensei rework 4 months ago! :)

But as FredEx eloquently pointed out the devs have a different view of the whole picture that we as players are not privvy to. They have a bigger and more extensive set of adjustments planned for the Conq, Kensei, Zerker, Highlander and others. And they don't want to just keep going back and forth on them, which I agree with. If they're gonna do a rework then they gotta do their best to do it right the first time rather than waste time patching it together piece by piece over the course of months on end.

Keep in mind also that Aramusha needed these adjustments and they are for the most part really quick and easy adjustments to make. You could say so too are some adjustments for Highlander and Conq and Kensei, etc but the devs have already been working on them for much longer, which means they are currently still a work in progress and the devs don't want to chuck them out there only half finished. We just have to continue to be patient.

mleonard3090
01-12-2018, 08:31 PM
I appreciate the response and I am excited to see what the devs do in terms of reworks.

But I guess the the frustration comes with the fact that some of these characters have been handicapped for 4...6...8 months now. I'm not a game developer so I could be very wrong but I don't think reducing the stamina cost on an attack 5 months before a rework will really through a wrench in the gears.

I love this game so I purchased it for my brother about a month ago. It was a little embarrassing having "the talk" with him about the characters he should probably stay away from.

CandleInTheDark
01-12-2018, 08:41 PM
I appreciate the response and I am excited to see what the devs do in terms of reworks.

But I guess the the frustration comes with the fact that some of these characters have been handicapped for 4...6...8 months now. I'm not a game developer so I could be very wrong but I don't think reducing the stamina cost on an attack 5 months before a rework will really through a wrench in the gears.

I love this game so I purchased it for my brother about a month ago. It was a little embarrassing having "the talk" with him about the characters he should probably stay away from.

Here is the thing I am not getting though, the devs never said the reworks were coming in season 4, but I am seeing a lot of these threads on here and on reddit hours to a day after the devs have told us that season 5 they are going to push out reworks for most of the cast, conqueror, as you mentioned, among the first batch (I believe they said at the start) and that the highlander will also be receiving something early on.

mleonard3090
01-12-2018, 09:25 PM
Sorry if I didn't phrase that clearly. I think it was several months back that we learned that some characters we're getting a rework. While I'm exited about that, it's kind of an admission that some of the characters are worst off and maybe a nice approach would have been to give a small/easy buff for the several months that a character is handicapped.

A lot of people in this game choose a character just because they like them. I like the Highlander as a character but since his release in August, the devs never made any changes even though the community could pretty much agree he's underwhelming. A stamina cost reduction to his OS light in mid September would have gone a long way.

billcolbeck
01-12-2018, 09:43 PM
The Highlander is a bum

Kahuf1
01-12-2018, 09:55 PM
The Highlander is a bum

But rly perfectly shaped bum :D I love his playstyle, hes my main and im pretty scary devs rework him bit so much... will see some weeks later.

mleonard3090
01-12-2018, 11:54 PM
The Highlander is a bum

Not a bum! Not a bum. You're a bum!

I bet you're just jealous of his quads/I heard you're just a light spammer

billcolbeck
01-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Not a bum! Not a bum. You're a bum!

I bet you're just jealous of his quads/I heard you're just a light spammer

Fake news! Oh you’ve heard of me? Funny I’ve never seen your name around here. How about you duel me for 30,000 steel and we’ll find out who the reeeeal man here is. *slowly points to self with right thumb*

David_gorda
01-13-2018, 12:02 AM
Fake news! Oh you’ve heard of me? Funny I’ve never seen your name around here. How about you duel me for 30,000 steel and we’ll find out who the reeeeal man here is. *slowly points to self with right thumb*
Lol you guys makes me chuckle hehe :D

Knight_Raime
01-13-2018, 12:09 PM
Sorry if I didn't phrase that clearly. I think it was several months back that we learned that some characters we're getting a rework. While I'm exited about that, it's kind of an admission that some of the characters are worst off and maybe a nice approach would have been to give a small/easy buff for the several months that a character is handicapped.

A lot of people in this game choose a character just because they like them. I like the Highlander as a character but since his release in August, the devs never made any changes even though the community could pretty much agree he's underwhelming. A stamina cost reduction to his OS light in mid September would have gone a long way.

The idea of reworks has been tossed around for awhile. It was only ever confirmed to actually be a thing sometime during this season. They'd never given an actual date on reworks. The only thing that's been pushed back continually so far to my knowledge is the changes to parries.

Hormly
01-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Highlander is the only 'honest' DLC character xD hes fun to fight, feels like hes got options without being cheap. Also he wears a kilt

Poor bloke just needs his numbers bumped a bit, what is it with Ubi's logic of 'the larger the weapon, the less effective'

im more afraid of being bitten, kicked, or bopped with a buckler than being clipped with a 5 foot sword

The_B0G_
01-13-2018, 09:56 PM
Highlander is the only 'honest' DLC character xD hes fun to fight, feels like hes got options without being cheap. Also he wears a kilt

Poor bloke just needs his numbers bumped a bit, what is it with Ubi's logic of 'the larger the weapon, the less effective'

im more afraid of being bitten, kicked, or bopped with a buckler than being clipped with a 5 foot sword

Lol exactly, nobushi has heavier hits and she's a 90 pound girl with a knife at the end of a stick.