PDA

View Full Version : Too many interruptions near home base.

rfxcasey
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
So I am new and I start a career. I plot a coarse from my staring port and try to excellerate time to my final destination. The problem is that every time a contact is made near my home port which are 99% friendly it disables my accellerator. This happens many times before I get into open or hostile waters and is very annoying.

rfxcasey
06-24-2009, 03:55 PM
So I am new and I start a career. I plot a coarse from my staring port and try to excellerate time to my final destination. The problem is that every time a contact is made near my home port which are 99% friendly it disables my accellerator. This happens many times before I get into open or hostile waters and is very annoying.

klcarroll
06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
I run into that every now and then.

Run submerged and leave your Sonar Station un-manned until you are some 30 KM from the base.

klcarroll

PhantomKira
06-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Another option: "Clear the Bridge!"

I've had inumerable times when going surfaced from a submerged run, and wondering why my lookouts didn't spot X, Y, or Z, only to realize that, in SH3, you have to put your lookouts (officer, anyway) back on the bridge after a submerged run. And what a difference one man can make! That green bar gets really long with just the one officer!

Still, I perfer KL's method.

tuddley3
06-26-2009, 03:30 PM
You can also change the "ship Spotted" value with SH3 Commander. But, this also effects enemy ships too. I have mine set on 64, since I can't really set my TC any higher than that near a port.

I'd say KL's advice is a no brainer, and can't believe I never thought of this before. Just be sure to look at your subnet map before leaving port, or you won't get far.

rfxcasey
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Great advice. I am always amazed by some to the most logical things and how I have never thought of them. I probably overthink things or make them out to be more complicated then they need to be. This causes me to overlook the obvious. Either that or I am just a freakin idiot.