PDA

View Full Version : Problem with ati 9700 pro

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I havent played or checked on the forums lately so i hope this post is not redundant. When playing on open gl with perfect settings my graphics get all ******ed. I tried the set up suggested by mudmovers.com and when i played the game id see the green grass and everything else was blue and i would also suffer from screen flickering. When i use the the setup for fb and set it to 9700 everything looks good except for when i gain more alt then the ground becomes distorted and u see the layers seperating well i dunno how to explain it its just messed up. So if anyone could tell me the proper setup for ati 9700 pro it would be much appreciated.

<center>http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/stormshadow420/forsig.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I havent played or checked on the forums lately so i hope this post is not redundant. When playing on open gl with perfect settings my graphics get all ******ed. I tried the set up suggested by mudmovers.com and when i played the game id see the green grass and everything else was blue and i would also suffer from screen flickering. When i use the the setup for fb and set it to 9700 everything looks good except for when i gain more alt then the ground becomes distorted and u see the layers seperating well i dunno how to explain it its just messed up. So if anyone could tell me the proper setup for ati 9700 pro it would be much appreciated.

<center>http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/stormshadow420/forsig.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Don't know what the problem is, but you'd be better off posting this on the tech support forum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 09:30 PM
I had the same problem, and I never got it to work. It is just a problem that some 9700 pro users have with IL-2 FB. It really sucks, because I know my system can handle it. Oh well.

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 09:39 PM
I'll confirm it's not your system /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Same here. ati 9700pro. 3.9 OGl Driver and the blue void you describe, on perfect settings.

Its all fine on excellent when I change. I'll let you post the bug report using the ati report form.

I use excellent setting anyway.

On both those settings I can see the textures that make up the grassy runways are not joined, Probably an alignment setting, I've not set somewheree! nowadays I don't have the urge to fiddle with these things!! like I used to! must be old age!!

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 10:01 PM
I play either on excellent or perfect (perfect, hmmmm perfect). Check out Hunter82's ATI settings, they work! It will involve you making changes with the ATI drivers and within this game. Not too complicated, I figured it out /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Warning, your system is probably fast, but won't be fast enough to play as smooth as you would like. But to see all the eye-candy, it's hard not to forgive the poor framerates.

P.S. As far as I know you'll need to leave the speedbar on to prevent an odd blue coloration of the water. This has been discussed endlessly over in the Tech forum where you should be heading.

Regards

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 10:14 PM
yes, check out that its not some type of conflict with your system or operating system. I almost down loaded nvidas latest and greatest drivers till I saw that they were not supported by my operating system. about a week after I decided not to down load these drivers, I saw guys who did use these drivers with the same operating system I have and they reported problems with their video cards in this forum.