PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have there own little code of ethics while playing

JadeBosson.
01-12-2018, 12:20 AM
For instance a I won't help any vanguard players if there getting ganked and will more likely gank a vanguard over a normal player the same goes for amursha users - Basically I won't help people who use these characters and will jump people who do also won't revive and will ledge such players

on the other hand I'm way less likely to jump Nobushi, Highlander and Valkyrie players and will be helped first while they also will be revived first over others might accidently ledge them from time to time though

all other classes/characters will be helped and will get jumped depending on if I witness them jumping or just my mood and will be revived according to distance and such and might get accidently ledged - on a side note buff highlander

David_gorda
01-12-2018, 12:34 AM
If i win My fight fast in brawl i usually let them finish the fight before i attack. I Always gank, target first and use the cheesiest moves against the No honor Ubernoob classes which are cent,pk, araspamma and shaman.

ChampionRuby50g
01-12-2018, 01:51 AM
For instance a I won't help any vanguard players if there getting ganked and will more likely gank a vanguard over a normal player the same goes for amursha users - Basically I won't help people who use these characters and will jump people who do also won't revive and will ledge such players

on the other hand I'm way less likely to jump Nobushi, Highlander and Valkyrie players and will be helped first while they also will be revived first over others might accidently ledge them from time to time though

all other classes/characters will be helped and will get jumped depending on if I witness them jumping or just my mood and will be revived according to distance and such and might get accidently ledged - on a side note buff highlander

Bit rich to be talking about ethics but in the same breath say you arenít going to help Vanguard players purely because of the class. But I still appreciate when you donít help Vanguards when they are been ganked, it just means more renown for them when they win that 1v2. So really, you are still helping those players.

Like fair enough if you donít like a certain class or hero, but to actively be trying to make that players gaming experience worse just makes you as bad as the people you are trying to avoid. Are you a better person than them? Sounds like you arenít. Pretty poor code of ethics if you ask me.

For me though when Iím playing, I donít care if Iím ganked because Iíll be the first person ganking as well. I play my games to win, but I also manage
To have fun while doing so because I donít take it too seriously. If I see an intense 1v1 going though or my team mate looks like they are in control (enemy is on their last bar of health) Iíll leave it, and when the enemy team is breaking Iíve started to not gank during that stage and give my opponents a fair death, unless the match is very close. In that case itís victory at all costs.

bob333e
01-12-2018, 02:27 AM

'Course I do have some. Though they are indeed ethics, as opposed to what you just described here, aha. Not a code of ethics; personal vendetta, more like.

I don't judge players based on character choice, I judge players purely based on gameplay and personal performance. They could be a Shaman or a Raider who are absolutely excellent players and teammates, and aren't toxic or win-centric (it's rare, I know), and they could also be Nobushis and Valkyries who are absolute jerks who gank all the time and have sub-human morals and Alt-F4 upon the first loss (it's not as rare, believe me).

I also don't gank in Brawls unless the enemy team ganked me or my teammate the previous round, then yeah I gank the heck back on the next round, zero care given. Eye for eye. If they don't want honor, I won't bother wasting their time convincing them otherwise; I'll straight deliver what they desire. As for 4v4s, I stick around in a match provided I'm not teamed up with someone I heavily dislike. And I help whenever in whatever I can. Doesn't matter to me what character they play or how their individual playstyles are; as long as they help in 4v4s too. If I got downed right next to you and you weren't busy with an enemy and I messaged to revive in the quick chat (which also gives an exclamation mark indicator) and you didn't, don't expect me to revive you just the same.

Tundra 793
01-12-2018, 02:32 AM
I play in a very neutral fashion. I don't go into any game with a code, or preconception about my team, or the enemy team.

I'm in a game to fight, and hopefully win. I like to fight in a more cleverly, straight up fashion, maining Berserker It's not like I can rely on cheese moves or ledging to save the day.
But generally I fight everyone equally. I won't gank in Brawl unless ganked first. I don't gank in Dominion 'cause Revenge can kill my teammate, and me.

But If i get ganked, I have no qualms ganking back.

Vakris_One
01-12-2018, 02:33 AM

I tend to go out of my way to use my longest execution on players with a hypocritical and/or pretentious code of ethics because they're usually the idiots standing there and letting their teammates get killed or getting tunnel vision from focusing too much on ledging a single player 😉

David_gorda
01-12-2018, 02:37 AM
I tend to go out of my way to use my longest execution on players with a hypocritical and/or pretentious code of ethics because they're usually the idiots standing there and letting their teammates get killed or getting tunnel vision from focusing too much on ledging a single player 😉
Hehe :D

Saml84
01-12-2018, 02:53 AM

This has to be one of the most stupid nonsensical things I have heard about self made rules.

CandleInTheDark
01-12-2018, 03:12 AM
Not really, play hard, play to win, respect the player even if they don't show the same (no teabagging or salty messages), move on to the next one.

Alustar.
01-12-2018, 03:46 AM
My ethics are to win be any means, as I expect the same in return. I want a fight to the death. Anything from environmental kills to mental games and taunts will be used, if I can't break the armor I will break the mind. I also exercise discretion and pragmatism with a healthy dose of opportunism. I run solo most of the time and perform hit and run tactics. If I need to I will disengage to replenish or support as the bake dictates. I learned early in there is really no such thing as a fair fight. If you want to win, you have to mean it and I've found some days I mean it more than others.

Hormly
01-12-2018, 04:56 AM
I think im extra mean to shamans and gladiators (i hate them with the power of a thousand suns), and extra cool to shugoki (im a sumo fan)

JadeBosson.
01-12-2018, 11:33 PM
I'd like to thank those who replied without insults and just gave me there answer lol without being salty

also though ~personal vendetta~ if I were to have a vendetta it would be VS Lawbringers , Highlanders and Gladiators and maybe Shugoki lol

actively be trying to make that players gaming experience worse ~ describes how I see amursha users

So really, you are still helping those players. Exactly

AlexHuaTian
01-12-2018, 11:37 PM
If there are more Samurai members on the opposing team. I usually throw the match. jk:p

ChampionRuby50g
01-13-2018, 01:01 AM
I'd like to thank those who replied without insults and just gave me there answer lol without being salty

also though ~personal vendetta~ if I were to have a vendetta it would be VS Lawbringers , Highlanders and Gladiators and maybe Shugoki lol

actively be trying to make that players gaming experience worse ~ describes how I see amursha users

So really, you are still helping those players. Exactly

The difference is though, these Aramusha players arent going into games with a mindset like " I am purely going to lightspam to ruin everyone else's fun". Granted, there are players like that but it isn't bound to one class. There are PK's who do that, and then they would switch to a Warden and only SB spam, next they'll play Warlord and only GB and go for ledges. The point is, it's not the class it's the player who is trying to ruin your experience. You are seeing it as the class is.

Then you say Exactly, like you always where meant to be helping the Vanguard players. But in your opening post of this thread you actually state " Basically I won't help people who use these characters"... so now I'm confused. You contradict yourself and I don'y know if you mean to help Vanguards by ganking them, or not?

Knight_Raime
01-13-2018, 12:06 PM
I mean I avoid ledging/insta kill spikes unless someone tries to bait me there. then I use it against them and bm the heckie out of them.
Otherwise I simply do emotes and honorable bows when the other person does.

I don't really limit myself in any other way as that seems to ruin the spirit of games to me.

Brutal_DaDo
01-13-2018, 01:43 PM
I donít take this game too seriously, although i have to say that sometimes i get really worked up and a bit salty, but despite the character, what really annoys me is when your teammates play against you throwing attacks from your back all the time or for example in dominion when theyíre ganking all the time just one guy and youíre there running around like usain bolt trying to keep at least one zone safe and fighting the other 3 enemy team at the same time

Brutal_DaDo
01-13-2018, 01:45 PM
I think im extra mean to shamans and gladiators (i hate them with the power of a thousand suns), and extra cool to shugoki (im a sumo fan)

That reference hehe, you like the sentry ? 😁

SangLong524
01-13-2018, 01:53 PM
I feel horrible when i accidentally kill my teammates.
Beyond that, there is no honor in death. I kill any f**kers i see, by whichever means necessary.

UbiJurassic
01-13-2018, 10:24 PM
Everyone seems to bring their own little standards to the way fights are supposed to play out, especially in Brawls. Generally, if I finish my opponent off and my teammate is still fighting, I'll make sure to stand on the sidelines in order to prevent revenge on the opponent. If my teammate is low health and struggling, I may look to go in. Generally if an opponent is going for an execution on my teammate, I'll guardbreak them out and push them off. That way they don't feel I got a free hit and they also don't get their health regen.

This isn't to say that is how everyone should play and I readily encourage players to play however they feel to. My advice is to simply go in ready for any scenario. Expect to be ganked until proven otherwise and don't expect you teammate to help, unless they roll in ready to fight.