PDA

View Full Version : Is it ok to play with a mouse and keyboard?

gedar1
01-11-2018, 09:28 PM
I want to buy this game but I don't own a controller and I want to know if the mouse and keyboard controls feel just as good as the controller ones

Mia.Nora
01-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Unless your mouse is a gaming mouse with 2 more easily reachable buttons at the moment of need (on top of usual 3) you might have a hard time. Feint and Full Block buttons not being at the tip of your finger is a problem, and basic 3 buttons goes to light and heavy attacks and GB.

Also top guard keeps dropping to side guards at slightest horizontal movement of mouse if you set it too reactive. If you don't set it reactive enough it wont be good enough to reach to most 400-500ms attacks.

Kind of a tricky situation.

AlexHuaTian
01-11-2018, 11:07 PM
Ive never played with a controller but I suspect its harder with a mouse. In regards to blocking. With a controller, you know intuitively where your guard happens to be. By the direction the analog stick tries to pull back to the default position. You dont get that with a mouse. And if you block enough times in the same direction. Then your mouse falls off the table.

Mia.Nora
01-11-2018, 11:10 PM
What Alex said is so true, sometimes I feel like the guys in the 'Push the Tempo' clip.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-25-2015/HiSI4h.gif