PDA

View Full Version : Longtime player. Family of players. Requesting Re-balance

Meivayden
01-11-2018, 08:51 PM
My family owns three copies of this game. We have all played from the beginning through the good and the bad. The bug outs, the lag, the getting kicked, the severe imbalance between old and new heroes, etc. And yes, with good internet.

Now the game has great potential, always has and we keep coming back to play because the game has that potential, fun moves, etc. Unfortunately the problems end up outweighing the good fun of this fighting game, so I hope a developer or two will actually read this post before it is buried under the tons of others incoming hourly.

As stated, the game has need of severe re balance.

1. Some heroes play like Gods, compared to original release characters, some new characters are mere fodder. Needs looked into. What happened here?

2. Putties, the footmen in the game that are usually downed with one hit, now stand completely in the way, blocking you from any form of movement unless you blow your stamina to cut them down quick enough to reach your goal. I.E. another hero on the opposite team or possible escape from one. Now this issue is the same whether these putties are on your own team or the opposing. They all stand like a wall in the way. Making them tougher than they were in the beginning is fine, but this is ridiculous. They need a better push value to move when a hero is needing to get through.

3. AI bot on your own team, in Tribute. Player VS. AI. These bots will actually steal your flag/ tribute offering while you are pulling it from the enemy shrines. Run right up, push you out of the way and take it. Yes, on your own team. Happens often enough to not be an oversight. Same bots will pick up the flag after following you like a vulture waiting for you to get hit and run off with it, leaving you to fight the enemy bot while they plant the tribute in our team shrine. Problem with this? Well... anyone get the orders for making 20 tribute offerings besides me? While I can play with other players, some of us just prefer some A.I and to move with our day. Or at least, until this disastrous programming. Your own team bots will not even rez you whether they have a flag or not. They can be two feet away and will simply run off for a flag in the far distance across the map.

4. This is the biggest issue: Due to shows like Vikings and big name games like Skyrim and lets just face it, skinheads in real life, you have an immense number of players on the VIKING faction. That leaves both the Knights and the Samurai struggling to maintain their maps against One team. The Vikings.
Out of all the issues still needing addressed in this game, this is a Major downside of playing For Honor. I have seen the Knights and Samurai both drop more troops in one full round than the Vikings and the Vikings still win.

Tell the truth, who is going to continue to play this game on the smaller factions if we do not stand a chance of actually earning the special bonus', chests, gear that comes with winning a Full season? The answer is simple. People will stop playing or more of the player base will simply join up with the Vikings, just to feel like they won. Making a complete mockery of the Faction wars.

Solution whether others on this forum whine about it or not: Disband all faction members at the end of Every Season. People need to choose anew from this point. Now, how does this fix the issue, when people can still rejoin the Vikings in mass lemming leaps? You limit faction membership via programming. Too many in one team, by a specified number, gives the player a choice between the other two factions. It can go round and round from faction to faction, number wise, keeping each one within reasonable membership amounts. Some will love this ideas and the lemmings will hate it.

If Developers fail to come up with a solution to the massive team imbalance the game will have No Point when it comes to faction wars. I am one of those players who will walk away and play one of the other thousands of games out there, rather than be forced to join a faction that I despised in the games Story line. The Vikings were written in such a way as to be absolutely morally vulgar. Why would I join that faction?

Does this indicate I have issues against anything Viking related. Absolutely not! I actually use 3DS Max and mod for Skyrim and absolutely love that game. If it were real option to live there, I would. Yeah, crazy, but I love the game's world that much. If any of you know of Rob from Playstation Access, I am in agreement with his view on Skyrim. Amazing.

For Honor... could be amazing, but right now, the faction wars are a mere joke.

Baggin_
01-11-2018, 08:59 PM
I read that the Vikings only have 28% of the player population on that side. (I am a viking) I also see lots more samurai and knight shields while playing.

Cajin203
01-11-2018, 11:42 PM
Vikings actually have the least amount of players oddly enough lol, wait for season 5 cause they said they were gonna focus on reworking the original characters and what not(hopefully nobushi and zerker)

Tundra 793
01-11-2018, 11:58 PM
Just to comment on a few of your points;

1. Some heroes play like Gods, compared to original release characters, some new characters are mere fodder. Needs looked into. What happened here?

We have no idea, but it's one of my biggest gripes with the game. The DLC heroes just keep getting ramped up, specifically with more unblockables, and/or faster attacks. Often both.
While all, or the majority of the Original heroes will be getting reworked before any new heroes are released, I'd much rather the developers just tone down the newer heroes, as the pace and tactics of the OG roster seem more grounded.

4. This is the biggest issue: Due to shows like Vikings and big name games like Skyrim and lets just face it, skinheads in real life, you have an immense number of players on the VIKING faction. That leaves both the Knights and the Samurai struggling to maintain their maps against One team. The Vikings.
Out of all the issues still needing addressed in this game, this is a Major downside of playing For Honor. I have seen the Knights and Samurai both drop more troops in one full round than the Vikings and the Vikings still win.

To the best of my knowledge, the Viking faction has always been one of, if not the faction with the lowest player count, even during seasons they won, as confirmed just today.

Vikings (the show) and Skyrim are both hilariously innacurate in their portrayel of Vikings, but just like For Honor, they cater to the popular stereotype. Skinheads are just, always a minority, no matter what.
And as both a pagan, and actual Danish person, I resent their "connection" with the viking culture.

Also, in Skyrim all Nords sound like they're doing a bad Schwarzenegger impression. Real Scandinavians do not sound like that. We really don't.
Seriously.

We don't...

Tell the truth, who is going to continue to play this game on the smaller factions if we do not stand a chance of actually earning the special bonus', chests, gear that comes with winning a Full season? The answer is simple. People will stop playing or more of the player base will simply join up with the Vikings, just to feel like they won. Making a complete mockery of the Faction wars.

Vikings have won 2 Seasons so far, the most recent one being won only yesterday. Both Samurai and Knights have won as well, with larger player numbers.

Some will love this ideas and the lemmings will hate it.

It'll have nothing to do with people being "lemmings", under your system, a number of players would be forced into a Faction they don't want to be in, and if that faction loses, you will have forced those player to lose.
No one would want that.

Why would I join that faction?

Starting to see a pattern here...

Vakris_One
01-12-2018, 02:11 AM
The Vikings actually have the smallest playerbase and in a strange way that's exactly what allows them to rofl stomp all over the bigger factions. The way the devs designed the faction war means the smaller faction gets the most bonus weighting to their assets and the biggest faction gets no bonus weight to their assets, that would be the Samurai coincedentally.

This system tracks only player numbers it seems and it looks like it completely ignores the level of player participation. More players per overall number of members in the Viking faction are actively involved with playing the faction war. Here's a breakdown I made from a previous post:

This system ensures that the more members a faction has the less "weight" their assets have thereby theoretically allowing the faction(s) with less members to compete with the faction(s) that have a bigger population. In practice however this system does not take into account how active a faction's population is in playing the Faction War. So we could have a potential scenario where:

- the Vikings have 500 members
- the Knights have 650 members
- the Samurai have 800 members

But in terms of active participation in the faction war it could be going like this:
- Vikings have 290 active participants
- Knights have 310 active participants
- Samurai have 330 active participants

In this scenario the Vikings have more 50% participation from their members whereas the Knights and Samurai both have less than 50% of their members participating in the war. And the Vikings being the smallest in terms of overall population also receive the highest bonus weighting to their assets and voila! There's nothing really the other two can do to stop them unless they either:

a) up their number of active participants to over 60% (because they are reciving less weighting to their assets because they are bigger in terms of population thus they will need a bit more than 50% participation)

or

b) shed a ton of their members until they have a smaller population than the Vikings and thus they get the most weight to their asset deployments.

"A" is not really possible as you cannot communicate at all with faction members in-game and not everyone uses Discord or is even interested in it. Option "B" is not doable on the player's end as we cannot see nor kick members of a faction who are not playing the faction war.