PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den January 11th

CandleInTheDark
01-11-2018, 02:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0B7EV33NmI

We have a video and an infodump.This is the last Den I will be recapping before I hand over to Tundra, seems it is going to be a good one.

MAINTENANCE

Tomorrow, January 11, 2018, there will be a routine server maintenance to:

Activate Dance of Death Event Playlist that starts on January 11st and will end on January 18th. Activate Mythic Outfit discount from January 11th to January 15th: reduction from 15,000 to 10,000 steel.

This maintenance will begin at 8:00 AM EST/ 13:00 PM UTC and will last until 8:45 AM/ 13:45 PM UTC. We are expecting a downtime of 45 minutes for all platforms.

DANCE OF DEATH

What is this? Oh baby. Dance of Death = A Brawl Mode (2v2) Variation

Victory is only achieved when both opponents are dead at the same time, which is easier said than done because you will respawn 2 seconds after being killed. Each successive kill extends the respawn timer by 1 second. NO REVIVES!

WARRIOR'S DEN

We're finally back from our time off and coming out with a good one! Expect this for the show:

Discussion of what the hell For Honor is doing after Season 4
Show you the updated Viking Frost Wind Mask
Patch V1.18 Notes! (Patch is releasing NEXT week)
New Content of the Week, it's an effect!
Faction War Update (my New Year's Resolution is not making "RIGGED!" jokes anymore.)
Q&A
Community Corner

We are live \m/<(-.-)>\m/ First show for 2018

Big show today, first off season 5. This will be high level points, not an end season deep dive.

Season 5 on top of dedicated servers the team priority is on balancing the original cast, there will be no new characters. Reworks is going to be a big thing next season. I believe they said first batch drop with the season 5 DLC (don't blame them if I misinterpreted).

Parry changes will release with season 5, this will be covered over detail in the next few weeks.

Dedicated servers should drop sometime over season 5, no hard ETA yet over and above that. They are in the last development phase on this, they will be going into lag compensation once they drop and are under full load conditions. The lag compensation tools will be there but they need hard numbers to switch it on with the correct values.

Obviously there will also be new content, there will be events like how they surprised us with the dance of death mode. In two weeks they will start going into more season 5 detail.

Some housekeeping over updates. There was a live update last week to fix the raider throw bug. They had an ubisoft wide outage over the weekend so compensation pack.

Next title update drops next week and they will drop some of the notes later, they will be posted on the site in full also.

Discount on mythic outfits, they drop to 10,000 until January 15th

Dance of death, brawl mode which is only won when both opponents are dead. Players respawn after two seconds with a second added for each death. Runs until the 18th.

Viking mask outfit has been improved, should be released next season, but there is a video of the changes. There were cool ideas they will keep in mind for new masks, they wanted to improve the current one. There were over christmas period hours logged on this so props to the art team.

A note for people on Twitch who won sweaters on last Den's raffle, they need your addresses, check messages.

Content of the week multi-coloured circle arc effect (it's a rainbow)

Faction war (please no rigged jokes)

Vikings take the season, they finished last campaign with 46 territories.

Vikings controlled the centre of the map for pretty much the bulk of the war. They did say some territories could have changed hands if people had been looking at the lower leads.

Samurai overtook the knights in manual deploys, vikings manually deployed the most. Saurai lost about 4% of their active player base half way through last round.

Vikings have the smallest population of players, around 28% Good players (more assets per game) and engaged players (manually deploy) make the difference.

Second place is still up for grabs.

One more thing from Bio, the 20 offerings tribute order will be disabled.

There will be news for next season from Bio's team over faction war changes, changes in gear, xp, something in salvage.

We got through a whole faction war recap without a rigged joke, hallelujah.

Patch notes time, these drop next thursday

Mostly bug fixes

They fixed multiple soft feint flickers , should be ok at 100 ms latency

What they termed vacuum ledges are fixed

They have a tracking bug fix,people with long sprint attacks

Centurion soldier stagger now fixed in line with everyone else.

Shaman nerfs - removed uninteruptible stance from first 100ms of predator's mercy. Further predator's mercy, people are able to hit revenge earlier on standing up from the bite. At the end of shaman getting up from predator's mercy, bugfix on her going into her special hit reaction after she was already standing. Bug fix on bleeding, if the opponent's bleeding ticked at just the right time, there would be crazy snapping on predator's mercy, so another tracking fix there. Out of stamina, shaman used to be able to heavy finisher and dodge, she cannot do this OoS any more.

Aramusha buffs - Blade blockade +5 damage on all moves from it, +10 stamina damage increase on ring the bell. Fury unleashed gets uninteruptible stance. Basic top heavy is now 600 ms down from 700ms meaning he now has a top heavy off guardbreak. Basic side heavy is up to 30 damage from 25. He used to be guard broken out of right light attack, this is now fixed.

Maps they fixed a viking village issue where the barrel didn't kill shaman and aramusha

Friendly fire in tribute does not make the flag drop

A bunch of duel tournament fixes, the main one being the quit penalty triggering when it shouldn't.

Faction war they show us which maps are active on each front

Refining the user interface, there is more coming season 5

Fixed a case where someone in tactical view might be stuck there the whole game.

PC specific bug fixes, dynamic reflection options.

These are highlights, full notes are here https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-316892-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

Q&A

Hard to co-ordinate with players in the same faction on faction war. Are there any plans for this? They have the ubisoft web app for the general state of the war, there are some unofficial spaces, subreddits and discords, which maybe they can link

There was a question over the ranked front and how that can cause anomalies in terms of lacking war asset bonus if people don't play that. No answer on that right now, they are working on ranked mode improvements which may filter down into that.

Is the player base on ranked mode low? It is lower than some other modes,it is a smaller population which affects matchmaking. There was a bug affecting matchmaking but that has been fixed. They want to make it more popular with reward incentives but obviously they can't make people play it.

Are there any plans for shugoki guardbreak bug where an OoS opponent can guardbreak him after the heavy max punish. They are aware of this, they are trying to figure out what to do about that. There will be season 5 improvements, shugoki should be getting the rework treatment at some point. When they have a priority order of reworks they will let us know.

Why did Roman delete his twitter? For the same reason he doesn't have professional mail at home.

No update on frost weapons carrying over to higher reps yet, keep them though.

Any plans to make items craftable? They have salvage ideas, might come in season 5, will not say anything on that just yet.

Can we choose to turn off join in progress in dominion? They don't plan to turn off join in progress. They have made it so that this turns off sooner so the match isn't mostly done but they would like to have a matchmaking parameter when they have time to do that.

Are they looking at back dodges? They are not super hot on back dodge/roll escape, it is being looked at. It is a fine balance, it takes time to get something they are happy with there.

Do they have a clear vision of which characters are high tier/low tier or do they balance more on average win/loss. Win/loss is one parameter, as they have explained before it is not the sole parameter. One important thing to note, update schedule is not necessarily on how urgent they think things are, things are changed as they are able to get a fix made, tested and they are happy with the balance of it.

There was a question of some people's ranks being rolled back for a day and a half, they put it back, if it has not come back contact support.

Is the art team going to reconsider their stance on new armour sets.They would all like to see new armours, it is the most cost and time intensive things right now, then multiply that by the number of heroes. They are not saying never but it is one of the hardest things as it stands.

Are they looking at increasing gear inventory? They are investigating it, it is tricky, no real solution yet. They have ideas which won;t come super soon. Same with adding more loadouts. They don't know if they will be able to do it or not, it is a tech limitation.

Community corner, will listen to see if there is anything new dropping but this should be about it.

I didn't know if I should end this normally or write anything to wrap up. I guess if anything, I have enjoyed doing this and adding to the community as best I can. I am a huge Doctor Who fan so I thought I would leave this here.

Everything ends, that is always sad. Everything begins again too and that is always happy.

Be happy.

UbiJurassic
01-11-2018, 03:40 AM
This is the last Den I will be recapping before I hand over to Tundra.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/d2lcHJTG5Tscg/giphy.gif

PDXGorechild
01-11-2018, 09:56 AM
F*ck yeah Dance of death sounds rad! That's really gonna pump up/ruin some peoples K/D ratio's....

Thanks for all the time you've put in to these posts, Candle. You are a forum legend.

Peace :o

bmason1000
01-11-2018, 09:59 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/d2lcHJTG5Tscg/giphy.gif
I know...i know...

Candle for the win, as always. New event sounds awesome. I'm excited to get some real 2v2 action for a change.

bob333e
01-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Thanks much yet again, Candle. It's been a blast having you around to help with the recaps. In the short time I've known you, you're among the few on this forum whom I have come to respect. You and Tundra both.

I sure hope they'll have something interesting to say other than commenting on the Frost Wind festival and on the Faction War (rigged ayy), and that they'll at least announce an official ETA on dedicated servers. Patiently waiting for your recap!

Armosias
01-11-2018, 12:47 PM
Was expecting reworks informations, disapointed now :(

…dit: Am I the only one here who totally fears the discussion about what's coming after S4?

guor6800
01-11-2018, 02:51 PM
Still no word about the reworks..

Takuram
01-11-2018, 03:38 PM
How do I send questions to Q&A on Warrior's Den?

CandleInTheDark
01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
How do I send questions to Q&A on Warrior's Den?

As far as I know three ways.

From here, if you start a thread the reps might pass it on to the devs and they might if you pm them, the reps are the main source of communication in general from here.

On reddit there is usually a thread the day before on the subreddit and there is the competitive subreddit.

They also take some questions from twitch during the stream.

Armosias
01-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Let me apologize for my doubt. All hail season 5! And FW is not rigged

vgrimr_J
01-11-2018, 06:54 PM
lets hope they dont **** up parry just because of pc turtles...

CandleInTheDark
01-11-2018, 07:12 PM
They are doing their community corner so I believe that is it.

UbiJurassic
01-11-2018, 08:19 PM
I know...i know...

Candle for the win, as always. New event sounds awesome. I'm excited to get some real 2v2 action for a change.

Dance of Death is definitely up my alley, so I'll certainly be on playing. ;)

OoKaMi_79
01-11-2018, 08:29 PM
Dance of death sounds good, actually good enough to replace brawl (this to avoid split of people in more waiting queues). Maybe Elimination and skirmish should have something like this too.....maybe with respawn time or maybe with limited number of lives per char. I am already excited for season 5!

Vakris_One
01-11-2018, 09:19 PM
Thanks for yet another recap Candle. The effort you've been putting into these is awesome and you've more than earned a battlefield commendation for glorious service :)

bob333e
01-11-2018, 10:38 PM
Thanks much yet again, Candle. Much appreciated, my friend.

Devils-_-legacy
01-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Thanks candel one thing though is this just season 5 , there will be no new characters. (I'm hoping)

Tundra 793
01-11-2018, 11:43 PM
We have a video and an infodump.This is the last Den I will be recapping before I hand over to Tundra, seems it is going to be a good one.

Well, you're going out with a bang. This was a great ol' Den, and first of the year. The length of it even made me question the decision to take over after you.
Hopefully they'll be shorter in the future...

Thanks for the first year of recaps Candle, I got some big *** shoes to fill, and good luck with the new job.

On topic; Good, solid Den. But I'm still pretty disappointed by the Viking Mask. I was hoping for more of a rework than "The eyes now glow, and also the effects work."
I mean, Buffalo is an objectively ****tier animal than a griffon or a dragon. It's also not even a buffalo, it's a vikings face, for your Vikings face.

Is it too late to ask for a refund?

bob333e
01-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Is it too late to ask for a refund?

You....you traitor...

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/shatner-khan.gif?w=650

You encouraged me to go actually watch the stream, and check out the.... Viking Mask... 'rework'...

I'll be back, hang onto that refund thought for a bit

Tundra 793
01-12-2018, 12:46 AM
You encouraged me to go actually watch the stream, and check out the.... Viking Mask... 'rework'...

I'll save you time, here's the appropriate reaction;

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2776/4349687585_244a15c8a8.jpg

bob333e
01-12-2018, 12:55 AM
I'll save you time, here's the appropriate reaction;

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2776/4349687585_244a15c8a8.jpg

Oh my god. I... uh....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/175/315/PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

Well at least during execution it's now properly aligned with the hero's face :D

:D <-- me viciously trying to stay optimistic about it

I think a refund would be ok

CandleInTheDark
01-12-2018, 01:23 AM
Well, you're going out with a bang. This was a great ol' Den, and first of the year. The length of it even made me question the decision to take over after you.
Hopefully they'll be shorter in the future...

Thanks for the first year of recaps Candle, I got some big *** shoes to fill, and good luck with the new job.

Yeah patch notes Dens get long lol. I am sure you will do great.

I've played Dance of Death,loving it, this is pretty much what I wanted brawl to be, fighting as a 2v2 because the co-ordination is needed. One thing I have noticed if anyone hasn't picked it up is the timer doesn't start until an execution is finished, if you have a five second one, that is seven(+x number of deaths) seconds for your partner to finish the other opponent with time at the end for you to chip in.

Vakris_One
01-12-2018, 02:57 AM
Yeah patch notes Dens get long lol. I am sure you will do great.

I've played Dance of Death,loving it, this is pretty much what I wanted brawl to be, fighting as a 2v2 because the co-ordination is needed. One thing I have noticed if anyone hasn't picked it up is the timer doesn't start until an execution is finished, if you have a five second one, that is seven(+x number of deaths) seconds for your opponent to finish their partner with time at the end for you to chip in.
I like the idea behind this event as well. Unfortunately the majority of this game's playerbase never fail to find a way to suck the fun out of everything by playing like utter scumbags. I've already encountered a plethora of Shugoki players interested only in cheesing with a demon's embrace as soon as you spawn in. They pin point where your spawn point is and time their demons embrace so that it gets you before you can even react. If they're already on the last bar of health they one shot you, very nice.

Then there's the usual uber turtling from the try hards, the ledge tactics from the Raiders/Warlords/Lawbros/Shamans and the ones who run around the map until their teammate respawns. A great idea from the devs for new event modes. A great shame that so many in the community are so toxic in how they choose to play :(

CandleInTheDark
01-12-2018, 03:09 AM
I like the idea behind this event as well. Unfortunately the majority of this game's playerbase never fail to find a way to suck the fun out of everything by playing like utter scumbags. I've already encountered a plethora of Shugoki players interested only in cheesing with a demon's embrace as soon as you spawn in. They pin point where your spawn point is and time their demons embrace so that it gets you before you can even react. If they're already on the last bar of health they one shot you, very nice.

Then there's the usual uber turtling from the try hards, the ledge tactics from the Raiders/Warlords/Lawbros/Shamans and the ones who run around the map until their teammate respawns. A great idea from the devs for new event modes. A great shame that so many in the community are so toxic in how they choose to play :(

Yeah I think it is a shame and with the lower player base running into that type is more likely, there was a reason I never played Division's mixed PvAI/PvP zone outside of going into it once when curious (also when I did get something to extract, I got trigger happy taking down npcs and made myself go rogue not seeing the next person running up was a player so all...damn lol). Like you say with this, a fantastic idea and a pretty unique one that is sadly too easy to spoil.

My hope is if they get these servers in and news of the reworks going through, we will get a fresh wave of players and some who liked the game but couldn't deal with the disconnect situation back and that they play it as many of us did when it was fresh and I would hope enough of us still do to not beat that out of them.

bob333e
01-12-2018, 03:45 AM

Feelings all too familiar. Why do ya think, I completely avoided Ice Brawler... not kidding, didn't even touch that mode once. All I needed was to see threads here, and some vids on YT, to draw a good impression on what I was going to be greeted with. I was way better off farming the Frost Wind weapons in PvAI than wasting my time and energy and sanity in Ice Brawler :p

Good and fresh new ideas that get straight driven into a hectic cheese fest by the common playerbase. It's a good thing I mostly play alone. Otherwise I'd be forced to play Brawl with a friend.

For the most part I'm just happy they discounted the Mythic Outfits, I'm gonna grab one earlier than expected, was expecting to grab one late January ^^ I don't feel this Brawl mode but I might give it one shot. I'm also not fond of the new 'reworked' Viking Mask, and of the rainbow effect (seriously, whose idea was it to add a rainbow effect?)

Vakris_One
01-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Yeah I think it is a shame and with the lower player base running into that type is more likely, there was a reason I never played Division's mixed PvAI/PvP zone outside of going into it once when curious (also when I did get something to extract, I got trigger happy taking down npcs and made myself go rogue not seeing the next person running up was a player so all...damn lol). Like you say with this, a fantastic idea and a pretty unique one that is sadly too easy to spoil.

My hope is if they get these servers in and news of the reworks going through, we will get a fresh wave of players and some who liked the game but couldn't deal with the disconnect situation back and that they play it as many of us did when it was fresh and I would hope enough of us still do to not beat that out of them.
Let's hope so. I'll go out of my way to be nice to 'em! Actually one of the funnest moments I had relatively recently was during the dedicated server test where I came up against a rep 0 player in Duel. He didn't know the first thing about how the combat works. He kept on throwing out attacks, very rarely paused to block anything and thus put himself into OOS frequently. I just started slowly coaching him visually without typing anything.

I started parrying him but not following up with any punish just to teach him that attacking relentlessy is not safe. So eventually he started being a little more cautious and managing his stamina better after he saw the amount of stamina drain from a parry. I then started using my slower telegraphed attacks so he could practice parrying them. We had a real fight after each lesson and I gradually kicked it up a notch to see how he reacts to a more advanced move thrown in from time to time such as a hard feint into GB. I let him get some wins so he didn't get discouraged.

He stayed for 5 duel matches until I finally decided to leave and let him hopefully get matched with someone closer to his level. No "Wow" spams or rage quitting or nasty messages in chat. No messages in chat at all from both of us in fact. He genuinley wanted to learn and understood that I wanted to help him out instead of steam roll him like a merciless shark going after fresh meat. It was a really nice experience that I greatly enjoyed and it reminded me when I met higher skilled players than myself back during the beta days. They would actually take it easy on me and even let me learn how to parry some of their moves. Now those were true high tier players both in skill and in spirit.

I really hope he went on to get match made against other players of similiar skill after that because most of the playerbase nowadays would sooner destroy a newbie and try to make them rage with emote and chat spams than let them have a nice experience. It's really sad what's happened to this community's collective soul when I think about it.

Feelings all too familiar. Why do ya think, I completely and utterly avoided Ice Brawler... not kidding, didn't even touch that mode once. All I needed was to see threads here, and some vids on YT, to draw a good impression on what I was going to be greeted with. I was way better off farming the Frost Wind weapons in PvAI than wasting my time and energy and sanity in Ice Brawler.

Good and fresh new ideas that get straight driven into a hectic cheese fest by the common playerbase. It's a good thing I mostly play alone. Otherwise I'd be forced to play Brawl with a friend. For the most part I'm just happy they discounted the Mythic Outfits, I'm gonna grab one earlier than expected, was expecting to grab one late January. I don't feel this Brawl mode but I might give it one shot. I'm also not fond of the new 'reworked' Viking Mask, and of the rainbow effect (seriously, whose idea was it to add a rainbow effect?)
I actually like the rainbow effect as it's quite funny. If you decapitate the opponent a ray of sunlight appears out from their neck and the rainbow glows above. Kinda funny, creepy and peaceful all rolled into one :)

Yeah, the ice brawl... I tried it twice. Then ran as far away from it as possible

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/gifs/airplane-jumping-out-window-reaction-window-tower-1385503544Y.gif

Later on I saw the youtube videos with people abusing the crap out of the buggy bridge section. Dayum, what a fuster cluck that poor mode ended up being.

Ulrichvonbek111
01-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Feelings all too familiar. Why do ya think, I completely avoided Ice Brawler... not kidding, didn't even touch that mode once. All I needed was to see threads here, and some vids on YT, to draw a good impression on what I was going to be greeted with. I was way better off farming the Frost Wind weapons in PvAI than wasting my time and energy and sanity in Ice Brawler :p

Good and fresh new ideas that get straight driven into a hectic cheese fest by the common playerbase. It's a good thing I mostly play alone. Otherwise I'd be forced to play Brawl with a friend.

For the most part I'm just happy they discounted the Mythic Outfits, I'm gonna grab one earlier than expected, was expecting to grab one late January ^^ I don't feel this Brawl mode but I might give it one shot. I'm also not fond of the new 'reworked' Viking Mask, and of the rainbow effect (seriously, whose idea was it to add a rainbow effect?)

Sigh

bob333e
01-13-2018, 11:01 PM
Sigh

You logged on today just to reply to a post of mine by throwing one single word on here, then logging back out?

I know what you need:

https://media.giphy.com/media/o6kIScfjIawE0/giphy.gif

;)

Tundra 793
01-14-2018, 02:41 AM
You logged on today just to reply to a post of mine by throwing one single word on here, then logging back out?

I know what you need:

;)

Maybe he's already had too much of the "woosaahh"...

Ulrichvonbek111
01-14-2018, 07:38 PM

I know what you need:

;)

Sigh....
I looked at so many posts on various topics but you seem to have an opinion on everything even to the extent of back tracking on yourself...hence SIGH..

Tundra 793
01-14-2018, 08:09 PM
Sigh....
I looked at so many posts on various topics but you seem to have an opinion on everything even to the extent of back tracking on yourself...hence SIGH..

There's that patented Ulrich civility. Way to contribute dude.

OoKaMi_79
01-16-2018, 03:18 PM
Dance of death is fun and fine but the rules can be used in an non honorable way.....players running from fight to allow the teammate respawn, using equipping long time executions to give more time to kill the other enemy, etc. This is sad.

Maybe dance of death could be better with giving for example 5 respawns and thatís it, no extra winning conditions but consuming all the respawns from the enemies.

Vakris_One
01-16-2018, 08:16 PM
update all apps (https://www.updateallapps.com/)In this Era of Smartphones Boom the biggest problem with any of the Operating system you take Android, Windows, iOS, Blackberry or the Symbian it would be battery drain or Memory issue or Overheat, etc The Main reason behind all apps update (https://www.updateallapps.com/) is nothing else when an app is your smartphones update my apps (https://www.updateallapps.com/)
^ Clean up on isle 4 😮

Vakris_One
01-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Sigh....
Clean up on isle 2-oh wait that's just Ulrich ...... Haz mat team suit up. Bring extra geiger counters :D

ChampionRuby50g
01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Dance of death is fun and fine but the rules can be used in an non honorable way.....players running from fight to allow the teammate respawn, using equipping long time executions to give more time to kill the other enemy, etc. This is sad.

Maybe dance of death could be better with giving for example 5 respawns and thatís it, no extra winning conditions but consuming all the respawns from the enemies.

In other words, players are using tactics to give themselves the best chance of victory and you are considering it sad? Itís a game mode where there will be ganking involved and you are complaining about Honor? Sounds like you are playing the wrong game mode to me, mate. Those players using long executions and running to stay alive are playing smart, how can that be a bad thing.

ChampionRuby50g
01-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Clean up on isle 2-oh wait that's just Ulrich ...... Haz mat team suit up. Bring extra geiger counters :D

Wasnít there a massive sob story a few weeks ago from Ulrich saying how heís now done the crime, done his time and heís a changed man...but comes back a few posts after been the same person. Oh the hypocrisy.