PDA

View Full Version : Year 2

Blindjackal
01-10-2018, 10:54 PM
Has there been any confirmation on anything?
Character ( how many/type)??? A basic vision of whatís next.

The_B0G_
01-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Personally, I think they are gonna be working on season 1 issues, character reworks, balances and dedicated servers. Maybe after all that is done we might see some new characters.

BLOOD-E-BARON
01-11-2018, 12:08 AM
Egyptian faction hehe

The_B0G_
01-11-2018, 12:58 AM
I'd love to see a new faction, Indian/middle eastern warriors would be sweet, tie Egyptian in with them too.

Blindjackal
01-11-2018, 01:05 AM
Iím not asking what you want to see! Iím interested in what has been confirmed! Anyone have any facts?

brashtralas
01-11-2018, 02:03 AM
This is simply speculation, but I donít think this will be a rainbow six siege situation.

I think all the server work is setting up the foundation for for honor 2. I think we will get some rebalancing, servers, faction war seasons and events, but thatís it.

For honor 2 will have new heroes.

The_B0G_
01-11-2018, 07:24 AM
Iím not asking what you want to see! Iím interested in what has been confirmed! Anyone have any facts?

A quick google search and you could find out what's confirmed pretty easily. Otherwise wait for the warriors den tm like everyone else.

EvoX.
01-11-2018, 07:45 AM
This is simply speculation, but I donít think this will be a rainbow six siege situation.

I think all the server work is setting up the foundation for for honor 2. I think we will get some rebalancing, servers, faction war seasons and events, but thatís it.

For honor 2 will have new heroes.

The game isn't even a year old and still at full price, For Honor 2 right now would be a sick joke to the community.

bob333e
01-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Doubt they'll ever do a For Honor 2. Else all that time spent on leveling up heroes, acquiring gear, unlocking things post-rep30, and all that money spent on microtransactions and Season Pass, would have been ultimately for nothing. Which will throw the playerbase into a full-on rage. Else how would they transfer all their hard-earned stuff into another game? that won't quite be easy seeing as For Honor's player data is all cloud-stored, which are For Honor's servers. And to effectively dump all of For Honor's current player data in favor of a For Honor 2, and leave For Honor 1 barren save for completely new players, would be the joke of the century.

'For Honor Year 2' is a much better designation for when the game will finally acquire dedicated servers and proper major balancing.

PDXGorechild
01-11-2018, 02:37 PM
There's never going to be a 4th faction. Loads of games use 3 factions as standard because it encourages everyone to attack everyone more. If you have 4 factions you're much more likely to have 2 vs 2 all the time. Bringing out a new faction would also presumably require them to bring out 6 new classes for said faction in order for them to equal the rest. Like I said, not gonna happen.

I also feel everyone is far too eager to hear about brand new content. Other than a new game mode and some variations to keep play fresh, I honestly don't think this game needs much in the way of "Brand new" content. The first year has been a mess. They've backtracked, changed their minds, made some poor decisions with regards to new classes, made promises they haven't kept and taken far too long to get certain things sorted out.

However, they've still got, in my opinion, one of the most epic, engaging and immersive games out there, with plenty of content. Certainly the best fighting game I've ever played. All i'd like to see them do is fix all of the things they didn't manage to last year. Which is, in order of priority imo:

1. Implement the dedicated servers.
2. Bring the neglected original roster up to scratch with the new classes.
3. Balance the new classes properly.
(The above two are already a tall order and will be even more difficult if they start adding more classes)
4. Tweak the fight system. Hammer the final nail in the coffin of the ugly turtle meta and take free heavies and guard breaks away from parry. Maybe up chip damage slightly.
5. Tweak the feats. Some are obviously overpowered still, and others underwhelming. Getting rid of the insta-kill level 4 abilities or at least limiting their use would be a popular decision I think.

Once those 5 things are done, we'll have a very solid game and platform to build on.

Also, Siege mode.

bob333e
01-11-2018, 02:41 PM
4. Tweak the fight system. Hammer the final nail in the coffin of the ugly turtle meta and take free heavies and guard breaks away from parry. Maybe up chip damage slightly.

Free GB on parry should go; however if you parry a light, you should be able to land a heavy. Free heavies on heavy parry should also go.

PDXGorechild
01-11-2018, 02:46 PM
Free GB on parry should go; however if you parry a light, you should be able to land a heavy. Free heavies on heavy parry should also go.

Free heavy on light parry only, free light on heavy parry. No free GB's for wallsplat or ledging. I hate parrying and prefer to deflect instead, but I could live with this.

FredEx919
01-11-2018, 04:29 PM
Hey everyone, we'll be discussing what's coming up in For Honor on the Warrior's Den. Look out for information later today.

David_gorda
01-11-2018, 04:39 PM
Free GB on parry should go; however if you parry a light, you should be able to land a heavy. Free heavies on heavy parry should also go. Yep agreed

Hormly
01-11-2018, 05:49 PM
to me, #1 priority must be reworking/expanding the kits of all OG characters. The extremely limited movesets of the original cast is now, and has always been, the games largest detriment.

Now the cynical side of me suspects that this may not happen for the following reason... you cant 'sell' it.

You can sell people brand new characters for 15,000 steel, but you would never get away with selling them a reworked OG character (I would never repurchase the warlord for 10k steel). And without this, the devs incentive is greatly diminished.