PDA

View Full Version : Why is aramusha a Hybrid?

DoctorMcBatman
01-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Feels very assassiny to me. I think making him an Assassin class would remedy a good portion of people's complaints. The blocking and parrying is just too easy for a class with so much else going on (OP feats, annoying light spam, etc.). No class should be able to perform Assassin-speed/style attacks AND be able to turtle unrestricted.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Feels very assassiny to me. I think making him an Assassin class would remedy a good portion of people's complaints. The blocking and parrying is just too easy for a class with so much else going on (OP feats, annoying light spam, etc.). No class should be able to perform Assassin-speed/style attacks AND be able to turtle unrestricted. becaue its a lightspam noobclass with access to heavy feat, rocksteady.

BTTrinity
01-10-2018, 10:09 PM
becaue its a lightspam noobclass with access to heavy feat, rocksteady.

Just wanna point out that you're just as much of a noob for dying to lightspam. EXTREMELY TELEGRAPHED LIGHTSPAM (Top, side, top side) if you still cant deal with the lightspam part by now then jesus I have no idea what to tell you. Just let it sink in you're being killed by a noobstomper

BTTrinity
01-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Feels very assassiny to me. I think making him an Assassin class would remedy a good portion of people's complaints. The blocking and parrying is just too easy for a class with so much else going on (OP feats, annoying light spam, etc.). No class should be able to perform Assassin-speed/style attacks AND be able to turtle unrestricted.

Being able to turtle unrestricted is a flaw on the games part, not just Aramusha.. Nobody should be able to infinitely block the way the game allows.

DoctorMcBatman
01-10-2018, 10:26 PM
Just wanna point out that you're just as much of a noob for dying to lightspam. EXTREMELY TELEGRAPHED LIGHTSPAM (Top, side, top side) if you still cant deal with the lightspam part by now then jesus I have no idea what to tell you. Just let it sink in you're being killed by a noobstomper

It's very tough to time it right as an assassin, otherwise I agree.

Being able to turtle unrestricted is a flaw on the games part, not just Aramusha.. Nobody should be able to infinitely block the way the game allows.

Agree here as well. And so do the devs. Yet, here we are 11 months from release and the core game mechanics are essentially unchanged.

David_gorda
01-10-2018, 10:37 PM
Just wanna point out that you're just as much of a noob for dying to lightspam. EXTREMELY TELEGRAPHED LIGHTSPAM (Top, side, top side) if you still cant deal with the lightspam part by now then jesus I have no idea what to tell you. Just let it sink in you're being killed by a noobstomper No i have 1.3 k/D so i am not a noob. Try blocking with reflexguard on console against the lightspam. Aramusha has softfeints aswell, doesnt need to manage stamina caus his attacks and feint cost basicly No stamina plus if he is noobish enough and run Out Of stamina you still cant punish him caus rocksteady feat. Aramusha is a supernoobfriendly lightspamming Class that only a complete noob can defend his design.

BTTrinity
01-10-2018, 11:52 PM
It's very tough to time it right as an assassin, otherwise I agree.

Agree here as well. And so do the devs. Yet, here we are 11 months from release and the core game mechanics are essentially unchanged.

I cant really speak for the console side, but on PC as a rep 10 Shinobi player, I have 0 issues blocking any of Aramushas attacks.

ChampionRuby50g
01-11-2018, 02:50 AM
I cant really speak for the console side, but on PC as a rep 10 Shinobi player, I have 0 issues blocking any of Aramushas attacks.

Speaking for the console side (perhaps not all off the console side) as a Rep 12 PK, Rep 4 Shaman, Rep 3 Gladiator and Rep 1 Beserker and I havenít had an issue blocking light spam from Aramusha with either of those heroes.

Alustar.
01-11-2018, 06:34 AM
The skill check threshold that separates high mmr play from the casual players is the ability to identify and properly respond to attacks up to 500MS. If you cannot block/parry or dodge/deflect these attacks regularly, then you are not a high mmr player, you are average.
I really wish players would stop claiming to be top tier, then in the same breath throw a fit because they are using problems with basic functions of the game...

David_gorda
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
The skill check threshold that separates high mmr play from the casual players is the ability to identify and properly respond to attacks up to 500MS. If you cannot block/parry or dodge/deflect these attacks regularly, then you are not a high mmr player, you are average.
I really wish players would stop claiming to be top tier, then in the same breath throw a fit because they are using problems with basic functions of the game...
I find this comment hilarious for a number of reason.
1 Alustar has Claimed to be great in 4 vs4 even though he has Below 1 k/D. Failed reality skill check.
2 Alustar has Said he is on the same skill lvl as me even though i have 1.3k/D and much better win%. Failed basic math and common sense skillcheck.

Vakris_One
01-11-2018, 03:30 PM
But all the assassins can turtle unrestricted. Turtling for the win is a basic a flaw in the game as someone else pointed out. Every character can block you out like a wall as long as the player knows what he's doing.

But okay, say Aramusha gets made an assassin. He'll need to be given dodge strikes and deflects as well as a reflex guard in order to justify the category of assassin. His rocksteady feat could be replaced with stealth for example. I think you'll find that if you're having a problem with Aramusha now making him a pure assassin will not help you. He'll be able to hide where his first attack comes from because of reflex guard, he'll be able to deflect you when parry or blade blockade won't get him anything useful, he'll be able to dodge strike punish any unblockable shove attacks and lead straight into his deadly feint game and judging from the core principle of his style he'll probably be able to feint his didge strikes.

Still want to make him an assassin?

DoctorMcBatman
01-11-2018, 03:51 PM

It's the light spam chain. Once that gets started, it's liked my character is stunned and I can't do anything. Unless the aramusha throws a heavy in, I'm not usually able to get out of the light chain. Rep 24 PK, 1.83 K/D (not KA/D). No idea if this means I'm good, bad, or decent - doesn't really matter, it's just not fun sitting watching half my health go to the light chain while I seemingly can't do anything. All too reminiscent of cent, pre-nerf.

Tha Dr Pigeon
01-11-2018, 04:27 PM
@David_Gorda

Just because you have a 1.3 KD doesn't mean you aren't a noob. It just means you can go positive. I could state my friend has a 4.0 KD, yet he has only played 2 games of Brawl. Experience means you aren't a noob. Not just K/D.

David_gorda
01-11-2018, 04:36 PM
@David_Gorda

Just because you have a 1.3 KD doesn't mean you aren't a noob. It just means you can go positive. I could state my friend has a 4.0 KD, yet he has only played 2 games of Brawl. Experience means you aren't a noob. Not just K/D. ok is prestige 114 enough experience?

Tha Dr Pigeon
01-11-2018, 06:14 PM
What is your rank in Duel?

Pretty sure you won't beat my highest.

Okita_Soji..
01-11-2018, 06:49 PM
Does it matter? Gorda has logged in some good hours and is decent at the game. Why is it always a pissing contest here where everyone is shot down? I play because the game is fun, has great graphics, and can play as a samurai. If I get stomped props to ya, if I beat someone I don't gloat. Its just a game meant to instill fun. Maybe its because I'm old and have other things in my life NOT just a k/d ratio to pin on my shirt to make me proud. People who take "games" to seriously need to grow up. Have fun with it as the way its going this game won't be around for too long.

Okita_Soji..
01-11-2018, 06:56 PM
On the actual topic I do have a question... Are all hybrids as fast as the Aramusha? I only use 2 heroes Orochi and Kensei with the assassin obviously being much faster. I recently starting using the Aramusha and noticed the running speed is on par with Orochi and dusts the Kensei. I really like the Kensei but he runs sooo slow. I guess another question... Are the other vanguards as slow?