PDA

View Full Version : Multi lingual game

The-Pancaker
01-09-2018, 03:11 PM
I might start a challenge (another one) but I wanted to share this. Without talking to.much about myself, I love to see the world where we are growing and the multi culture in it.
I see the devs are willing to create those different cultures...

I am wondering what will be the languages spoken in the game. Example: the character Zhou Yuzhu do not talk what I would call the typical chinese accent...

What if BGE 2 would introduce actual language in the game ? By the crowd surrounding the played character. Or using accents when talking to the main character.
(The chinese accent is so delightful by the way.)

Before leaving everyone express themsleves I would like to share 2 game as example.
KOTOR, where the alien would be talking alien to the main character... only problem is subtitles...
And my dear XCOM, where most country will have their language spoken.
I find it so fun to hear and understand what they would be saying in German, French, Dutch, etc.

What do you think about that?
(Am I the only one to be passionate about languages :))

ElPrimordial
01-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Blade Runner Cityspeak ! :)
But I would like to know if they're going to use that weird pictorial language that appears in some places in Hillys:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/832455062428490909/CEA78D723340B66A64F85A19EE81E37D07F5FA7C/
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1079879436

KIERROK
01-09-2018, 07:39 PM
I've seen an Ezio Auditore meme (sadly can't find it) it has a smirking hooded Ezio, with "Admit it, you know a little Italian because of me..." and damn if that doesn't speak the truth lol

I'm sure we'll hear actual languages spoken. In the Assassin's Creed games and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, there's whole sentences, curse words, and greetings in Arabic, Italian, French, Native American and Spanish that appears in subtitles. There may even be a language option "Spoken language: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian," and "Subtitle Language: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian" So you can hear one language and read another... Kind of like a self taught language class (I do this sometimes, especially with Japanese, German, Italian).

The-Pancaker
01-10-2018, 01:15 AM
Blade Runner Cityspeak ! :)
But I would like to know if they're going to use that weird pictorial language that appears in some places in Hillys:

This is exactly what i am talking about. Thanks for sharing.
Some games/movies even invented languages like the elfish...

I know that part of my travelling, I LOVE to hear other cultures togehter with their language... it makes it so authentic. It makes me want to learn the languages.

Yeah !!!

ElPrimordial
01-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Indeed, it adds a new level of immersion, it makes the game become more alive :)