PDA

View Full Version : Implement a player kick function

Nokhchalla
01-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Just played a game against the biggest cancer red natter, [user-name removed per our naming and shaming rules - UbiInsulin], this trash was specifically playing on red nat to ruin the game for the opposing team spamming "EZ game".

Ubisoft, you guys should implement a kick function to kick these mongrels since you dont do anything to ban them either, on the contrary, they have the upperhand when playing against green natters.

Time to do something about this...

UbiInsulin
01-08-2018, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, ChechenOverlord. Which modes would you like to see this in, and would you like it to be a simple majority vote by teammates?

bob333e
01-09-2018, 01:47 AM
Preferably all modes except Duel, and it should be a vote to kick (and vote is only applicable against enemy players). However still, people can abuse the vote to kick someone who's been handing their butts to them in combat. And can also abuse the vote just for the lols.

Let's also not forget, not every red natter is an intentional lagswitcher. Some people just have terrible connections.

I could see this through by letting people with stable green and yellow NATs be able to quit a match at any time without eating a penalty (it still counts as an auto-win for the other player, but the frustrations have been avoided). And people with red NATs can only quit in the first 30secs, as it is now. Should they quit/disconnect after 30secs have passed, it's a 10min matchmaking penalty. They'll be forced to Alt-F4 / force close if they want to avoid the penalty, which will delay them further from joining new lobbies.

And for tournament, people with stable green and yellow NATs who abandon a tournament because of red natters / lagswitchers receive 15min ranked penalty, and a -25% completion punishment to the rank. Red natters and lagswitchers who quit/disconnect are given the current 1hour ranked penalty and -56% completion punishment on rank.

Or, well, let's first wait for dedicated servers and see how connections of players in general will improve. And by then we can suggest a system that penalizes red natters more, and particularly lagswitchers.

The_B0G_
01-09-2018, 03:52 AM
Absolutely not. An auto kick for very laggy players, sure, I have zero faith that this community would use a vote to kick option properly.

CS:GO has a kick option and you get booted all the time for no reason, I can only imagine how fast players would be kicked for doing poorly in a match in For Honor.

Alustar.
01-09-2018, 04:11 AM
I'm very hesitant about vote kicks. I don't think you should not be able to vote kick opponents. I foresee players getting booted for their character choice/rep level before anything else. And if you have the ability to for kick, I think bot auto population should be turned off. This way you are given the choice of either letting the player stay and struggling through or playing with a man down. This could at lay curtail the trolling and griefing.

Nokhchalla
01-09-2018, 11:17 AM
I would mostly prefer it for Dominion, but I cant see why it shouldnt work for other modes. After having read these guys comments I can see it might pose another problem, but how about this, only red natters should be available for kicking, not yellow or green natters. That's a win-win if you ask me.

Vakris_One
01-09-2018, 11:40 AM
A block function could be a good compromise, ensuring that you don't get matched up with that player again. That way all the lag switchers will eventually only be matched with each other and nobody else. It might make your matchmaking take longer but at least it gives us a choice; either quicker matchmaking but more chance to encounter laggy players or slower matchmaking but better quality of players' connections.

People will of course misuse the block function as well by blocking every player that beats them but it's positives outweigh the negatives I think.

UbiInsulin
01-09-2018, 10:43 PM
I'm very hesitant about vote kicks. I don't think you should not be able to vote kick opponents. I foresee players getting booted for their character choice/rep level before anything else. And if you have the ability to for kick, I think bot auto population should be turned off. This way you are given the choice of either letting the player stay and struggling through or playing with a man down. This could at lay curtail the trolling and griefing.

Yeah, I had assumed the suggestion would be for team vote-kicks (AFKers, toxic people). I could see vote-kicking opponents becoming a huge problem, tbh.

We've sent the block list suggestion to the team before, but we can definitely ask them for an update. Thanks for the suggestions!