PDA

View Full Version : Russian addons!

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
If they go ahead with these russian addons........we could translate them.........there is a very good racing sim called GTR Racing which has only been released in Germany. Some clever dude modded it and translated it into German.

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 11:49 AM
If they go ahead with these russian addons........we could translate them.........there is a very good racing sim called GTR Racing which has only been released in Germany. Some clever dude modded it and translated it into German.

crazyivan1970
12-17-2004, 11:50 AM
modding will be the hard part.

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 11:51 AM
yes but its been done before so why cant we do it.........its possible........it took the GTR community a while....perhaps we could get in touch with them.

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 12:33 PM
Sorry for being naive, but clarify please : even if it's translated, will whoever translated this run into legal trouble with UBI since they have rights to "rest of the world" distribution for IL-2 products or add ons ?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOOOVE to have the Russian add-ons too. I'd just like to do it on the "up & up", preferably through purchase or legal download.

Airmail109
12-17-2004, 12:34 PM
possibly.......yes.....no problem with this for GTR though. Just make sure you dont get caught.
As people buying the addons from russia = more money for ubi so hopefully they will ignore it.

GerritJ9
12-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Buying addons from Russia would mean more money for 1C, I think- UBI are not the distributors for Russia, or for the Ukraine for that matter. The Russian versions of FB and AEP I bought in Kyiv in October are distributed by 1C Ukraina. PF hadn't been released then or I would have bought the Russian version of that as well. Looks like I have shopping to do when I go to Kyiv next year........

Capt._Tenneal
12-17-2004, 02:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GerritJ9:
Buying addons from Russia would mean more money for 1C, I think- UBI are not the distributors for Russia, or for the Ukraine for that matter. The Russian versions of FB and AEP I bought in Kyiv in October are distributed by 1C Ukraina. PF hadn't been released then or I would have bought the Russian version of that as well. Looks like I have shopping to do when I go to Kyiv next year........ <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some questions :

1) Do the Russian versions work with Windows XP ?

2) Is there a website we can order ? In lieu of actually going to Russia.

GerritJ9
12-17-2004, 02:31 PM
1) I don't see any reason why the Russian versions shouldn't work with XP or 2000.
2) (a) get a Russian or Ukrainian girlfriend
(b) ask her to send you the CDs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif