PDA

View Full Version : Centurionīs feint to GB

Kahuf1
01-08-2018, 11:56 AM
Hi there, I dont know its only me, but I have rly problem to CGB his "something feint to GB" and "after light GB".

Im PC gamer. Dont know why but I everytime expect that, I push GB button like madman after i see GB mark and a lot of time it just doesnt work.
Lot of times happend i play against Cent and he do 3 times in row heavy feint to GB, i know that, try to do my best to counter GB and nothing.
And nowdays here is a lot of Cents with that strategy. Ist pretty booring right now.

Does enybody know exactly timing or how miliseconds we have to react?
Did u have some tips to me guys?

JFUHD
01-08-2018, 12:18 PM
Well if u click your guardbreak a milisec earlier that you have to , he will successfully guardbreak you. U just need to be patient my friend, i dont recall the last time he successfully landed a GB on my. Pressing buttons like a madman wont help you in my opinion :P

Tyrjo
01-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Freeze just did a youtube video on the reaction window you have with different feints. It is all summarized in a google spreadsheet (https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=RLEWQDrMn5E&redir_token=_AoN40QEXRhYuiflCBlaskKPGqF8MTUxNTUwMj UwN0AxNTE1NDE2MTA3&event=video_description&q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd %2F1xRMNYPIzPgXr9TBNGZ4hURPt_CWR2YI8_ACdJsLYYH8%2F edit%3Fusp%3Dsharing).

If you look close you can see that a Centurion comboed heavy into a GB has 0ms reaction window. A basic heavy has 100ms reaction window. :nonchalance: Considering how hard a Centurion can punish you with one guardbreak into wall splat, this needs balancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLEWQDrMn5E

The_B0G_
01-08-2018, 02:07 PM
His charged heavy into Gb is an issue for me too. It's hard to react to, I'm still brutal vs cent though, his timings are hard for me to gauge.

Kahuf1
01-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Yea, his timing si sometimes rly wierd, but that heavy feint to GB... that is insane... As i say, 4/5 cents nowdays do heavy faint to GB + - 3 times in row and there is almoust 100% guaranted to GB (cause 100ms react time) and we all know, what mean GB for Centurions enemy...

But Cent mains still complaning like "why every patch get Cent nerf?!?!?!"... reason is he is maybe 3rd top hero... like shaman, gladiator, and then ceturion.

Klingentaenz3r
01-08-2018, 06:31 PM
check for the red shield sign popping up on YOUR character. that's your proper timing not the gb indicator from your opponent

Mtcmnkk
01-08-2018, 08:39 PM
I have a similar problem. Occasionally when the cent feint gb it's almost instantaneous. I'm a pretty good player but when I don't have time to switch stance from left to right then counter gb, something is wrong. Couple this with the fact that the cent has the easiest free damage with the stagger into a wall unblockable heavy knockdown free heavy, it's complete garbage. Cent is worse than the shaman imo. He had the best stamina control, he can keep kicking you which keeps lowering your stamina regen, and it's almost impossible to safely punish because even on whiff he can follow up with a heavy. His heavies are ridiculously fast and made even harder to parry because of the feint game. And easily the most bs punish of all characters. The centurion is number one on a list of ******** this game gives us, and it gives a lot of ********

Mia.Nora
01-08-2018, 11:29 PM
My beef with Centurion into Soft feint GB is for two reasons;

1. It can be soft feinted in any point of charge, not just a limited time at beginning. So laggers abuse this by charging heavy and soft feinting near completion, but at that point on your screen his weapon already flashes orange and unblockable icon appears. You attempt to parry or dodge and eat the GB.

2. Soft feint means I have to wait while he is on the offensive and just block. I can not risk dodging out of his attack, I can not risk parrying especially if there is a little lag.

I think they have to limit soft feint GB only to charged heavy start-up and remove this ability from normal heavies and from final frames of fully charged heavies.

Dane520123
01-09-2018, 06:19 AM
You people just won't be happy till the poor guy is nerfed into the ground.

PanzerShrekonin
01-09-2018, 08:19 AM
Lol... nerf Centurion even more.... yea lets turn a B tier character to C tier. That will fix him!

Jeezuus Christ.

He's only "Good" IF he has a wall and IF he gets that parry.

Kahuf1
01-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Oh lord... u mean this poor guy with guaranted 60 damage? U mean this poor guy who can (if u good) keep enemy whole game on low lvl stamina? U mean this poor guy, who can softfeint heavy in like 500ms window while he charged heavy? Or u mean poor guy, who have the fastest softfaint heavy to GB with reaction time >100ms? Oh yea... poor centurion...

I just dont like guarantied things in this game! but yea, he is poor guy like shaman or gladiator right?

Tyrjo
01-09-2018, 10:28 AM
I play Centurion and I just want him balanced. Letting him have moves that basically are non reactable to isn't my idea of a balanced game.

Mtcmnkk
01-09-2018, 09:43 PM
Lol... nerf Centurion even more.... yea lets turn a B tier character to C tier. That will fix him!

Jeezuus Christ.

He's only "Good" IF he has a wall and IF he gets that parry.

So good, from what I'm reading into what you're saying, is only if he gets two free heavies and half stamina drain. That's the only time he's good... Anyone who says cent is anything but top tier is wrong.

UbiJurassic
01-09-2018, 11:34 PM
Freeze just did a youtube video on the reaction window you have with different feints. It is all summarized in a google spreadsheet (https://www.youtube.com/redirect?v=RLEWQDrMn5E&redir_token=_AoN40QEXRhYuiflCBlaskKPGqF8MTUxNTUwMj UwN0AxNTE1NDE2MTA3&event=video_description&q=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd %2F1xRMNYPIzPgXr9TBNGZ4hURPt_CWR2YI8_ACdJsLYYH8%2F edit%3Fusp%3Dsharing).

If you look close you can see that a Centurion comboed heavy into a GB has 0ms reaction window. A basic heavy has 100ms reaction window. :nonchalance: Considering how hard a Centurion can punish you with one guardbreak into wall splat, this needs balancing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLEWQDrMn5E

Do you know if there's video of the 0ms GB?

So good, from what I'm reading into what you're saying, is only if he gets two free heavies and half stamina drain. That's the only time he's good... Anyone who says cent is anything but top tier is wrong.

I don't believe he's trying to contest that he is low tier. Centurion is certainly viable in most cases and is still quite formidable.

Zombie.Face
01-10-2018, 10:30 AM
cents are cancer. and I'm getting too many of them in dual mode. i feel like about 30% of my fights are cent. this is a problem.

Knight_Raime
01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
The GB he gets off of any light is referred to as quick throw. I don't know your skill as a player. But even if you don't block the first light the second one should be easily blockable. Meaning he'll likely go for the quick throw after. It's pretty popular to go for this as well if he throws a heavy and then a raw jab regardless if you've blocked or not. Familiarize yourself with the situations in which quick throw would be most likely used. Once you've done that you just need the timing.

For me I always cgb out of quick throw by seeing when his hand touches my chest. As it's got a distinct grab animation compared to most GB's. To me this equates to pressing cgb a little bit later than most other gb's.

For the soft feinted heavy into GB there are 3 distinct timings. Immediately. So the person would hit heavy and then GB right after. the time when you start to charge it but before half charge. So you'd notice them charging but then they'd cancel into GB. And then at half charge. It would look like the heavy has been reared about half way back. Then they would cancel into GB. The first timing is easy. and is cgbable basically on reaction. The one that comes out after you start the charge is easy as well. and cgbable on reaction. The final one at half charge is the most trickiest one.

As people are not looking for the animation itself. Rather the indicator. added to the fact that in some laggy matches or matches with not near perfect connection it can proc the indicator for unblockable slightly before it's actually unblockable. Since for honor doesn't currently have lag comp this can cause issues. I personally don't struggle with this as i've played centurion myself long enough to understanding the timings intimately. So for now this last timing on CGB has to be done on prediction for most players. For that all I can say is play against centurions more. and try to play him for a bit. to get more familiar with his timings and animations.

Anarnam
01-10-2018, 02:38 PM
The thing is that you're not expecting it.

Instead of thinking about everything at once, first concentrate on "what is his next move and how can I survive" rather than "what is his next move and how can I kill him with that".

See him charding heavy? Get rdy to get GB.

I'll mention another thing since a lot of people do it. Playing without sound and with music instead. I usually react to various sounds rather than moves. Play For Honor with headphones, turn the volume up and learn. Ofc follow others instructions as well :)

freezeTT
01-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Do you know if there's video of the 0ms GB?

it's not a 0ms GB.

Between initating the GB and the parry window occuring, there is 0ms.

That's what the spreadsheet is saying.

edit: god damn my acc is old...

Kahuf1
01-10-2018, 06:59 PM
it's not a 0ms GB.

Between initating the GB and the parry window occuring, there is 0ms.

That's what the spreadsheet is saying.

edit: god damn my acc is old...

Thx for explain mate, but there is no info, how long have enemy to react to centurions softfeint GBs?

freezeTT
01-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Thx for explain mate, but there is no info, how long have enemy to react to centurions softfeint GBs?

it's a 400ms GB, like every normal GB. unless you attempted to parry or dodge the heavy before that, you can CGB with normal timing.