PDA

View Full Version : Orochiiiiiiiiiii

Zombie.Face
01-08-2018, 08:52 AM
this post i found is exactly how so many orochi players feel...including myself.....

So: How do Orochis play nowadays?
They still dont have any openers, so they use the only moves that are fast, top light and zone. You have zero mindgame potential with Orochi. Riptide Strike is probably
the most ******ed move in the game, A move that is so slow, doesn't dodge anything and is not feintable, that you never use it.

Every other Attack besides the top light and zone are not usable in high level. I think the devs never expected someone to play more than 2h with one char.. that would explain
why they think the slow side lights of orochi have a right to exist as such..

If any of the Devs will ever read this, Why do you NOT listen, ever, .. or give us any answers.

___________________-

Im patient, but please can u give us an answer on this class? its been just way too long. the orochi is super boring at this point. can't trick anyone or do many mixups. Side attack threat would be so nice. How many months will it take to simply add FASTER SIDE ATTACKS!!!! why play orochi when there is the super spam Aramushi...

Lets get these outdated heroes up to date ubi before the game really does die. My for honor heart is slowly shriveling up :(

Charmzzz
01-08-2018, 09:05 AM
While I agree that Orochi has a small kit I have to say that he is, by far, not the worst class atm. To have no opener, well, look at PK, Zerker, Kensei, Nobushi... This is where alot of OG heroes are lacking. Orochi has the hardest hitting light attack in the game (with a hurting 32 damage!), has the second best deflect (3 mixup options) and one of the hardest hitting combos (Storm Rush into guaranteed double top light).

Riptide Strike is the move that lets you step back and do a top heavy, right? Doesnt it dodge small range attacks? I swear that Orochis used it to evade my attacks and let me eat that heavy. The timing is important, but it is not a bad move per se.

I agree that alot of OG heroes need reworks or tweaked kits. But Orochi, same as my Main PK, are way down on the list. First round coming is Kensei, Conq and Zerker iirc.

Devils-_-legacy
01-08-2018, 10:26 AM
I have more luck with zerker then orichi tho probably due to my play style tho hopefully they drop some news on the next warriors den

Knight_Raime
01-08-2018, 10:28 AM
It's kind of annoying to me that zone is still considered viable without flicker. If you throw a raw zone as orochi it's going to be blocked or parried by anyone worth their salt as a decent player.
The zone is realisitcally only usable against decent players as an interrupt on mix ups that utilize an unblockable. Riptide is perfectly usable as a whiff punish on lots of moves. Storm rush can also be used on whiff punishes as well. Though the list is much shorter since it's only good on higher recovery attacks. Dodge attacks are also usable to get out of a handful of mix ups.

Orochi is a counter attacker mainly with whiff punishes. He's far from being great but he's not trash either. There are other heros that deserve attention before orochi.

yenboi3025
01-08-2018, 03:01 PM
I consider myself an orochi main and he is not top tier nor bottom.

However I do think his inability to reach top tier status is indicative of how unbalanced the heroes are with regard to having an opener and not having one.

I think they were thinking people were going to settle into the average skill range where not having an opener wouldn't be an issue and people could just rely on quick attacks and feints.

But the openers on most of the top tier heroes; Cent, Glad, Shaman (ug) and Raider are just so powerful and simple to employ that its effectiveness has trickled down onto mediocre players.

Vakris_One
01-08-2018, 05:23 PM
He's neither high nor bottom tier. Orochi is mid tier and other characters need attention first before him. After the Kensei, Zerker, and Conq reworks I would expect Orochi to be in the next batch of reworks possibly along with Valkyrie.

Riptide is a perfectly usable move as is the combo of storm rush plus double top light, especially in team fights. If you want an example of how to use Riptide then check out this vid:

https://youtu.be/Px6io97b330

Zombie.Face
01-09-2018, 10:51 AM
well, but wouldn't all of you agree that the orochi needs a faster side attack?? despite everything. no other assassin has an absolutely useless side attack. its so ridiculous. literally am so bored of spamming top lights only.. would be nice to sometimes be able to throw a basic side lite thats not trash. even if they make the side light attack 7 damage or something would be better than just having a side parry bait attack. thats basically all i was asking for at this point. yes some heroes need buffs first but how hard would it be for the dev to just add a faster side attack...?? like in the next patch...???? this would be a good thing to "tide over the orochi players" this is prob a ten min change on the dev part. why not just do this ubiquitous!!!!!!?????? but they won't ever respond to any orochi post so what the **** ever... getting frustrated by this. no comment is worse than saying no buff is coming at all.

Charmzzz
01-09-2018, 11:40 AM
More punctuation marks won't change anything Zombie.Shammy. Your posts look like a Tweet of Mr. Trump... As Orochi you have the best Light attack in the game. Can you please calm down and be patient?

Zombie.Face
01-10-2018, 10:33 AM
pretty whitty there charmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. well i wouldn't be if ubi didn't just ignore the posts for over 4 months... so just go play your cent and be happy noob.

Charmzzz
01-10-2018, 11:27 AM
pretty whitty there charmzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. well i wouldn't be if ubi didn't just ignore the posts for over 4 months... so just go play your cent and be happy noob.

As my Profile shows I have never touched Centurion: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz

And, compared to your profile (https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Zombie.Shammy), I am not the noob in here. But well, these Stats are not up to date sadly. Btw I am completely in for reworks on OG heroes, and there are 3 currently in the works. That is why I say "stay calm and be patient", but you keep insulting...

Zombie.Face
01-11-2018, 01:16 AM
lol, he actually went to the stats. so mad. ill still beat u up ez. hit me up in game. :D point is not to be a whiny ***** but to just simply say, can't the orochi just get faster side attacks? no need to attack my punctuation. and yes this is an alt account so call me a noob if u want.

Zombie.Face
01-11-2018, 01:19 AM
lol.... oh my bad. PK.....

Rikuto01.tv
01-11-2018, 05:09 AM
While I agree that Orochi has a small kit I have to say that he is, by far, not the worst class atm. To have no opener, well, look at PK, Zerker, Kensei, Nobushi... This is where alot of OG heroes are lacking. Orochi has the hardest hitting light attack in the game (with a hurting 32 damage!), has the second best deflect (3 mixup options) and one of the hardest hitting combos (Storm Rush into guaranteed double top light).

Riptide Strike is the move that lets you step back and do a top heavy, right? Doesnt it dodge small range attacks? I swear that Orochis used it to evade my attacks and let me eat that heavy. The timing is important, but it is not a bad move per se.

I agree that alot of OG heroes need reworks or tweaked kits. But Orochi, same as my Main PK, are way down on the list. First round coming is Kensei, Conq and Zerker iirc.

Counter-attacking is only viable when your opponent attacks with something reactable.

Charmzzz
01-11-2018, 09:20 AM
lol.... oh my bad. PK.....

And Warden and Gladiator... Anyway, you were wrong on me playing Centurion. You complained about him, now you want to complain about PK, too? Would fit the scenery.

Btw you play Shaman mostly, which is, by faaar, a superior character compared to ALL of the above mentioned.

Counter-attacking is only viable when your opponent attacks with something reactable.

True, and Orochi has some of the best "unreactable" attacks in the game. Heavy Damage on a 500ms Light or 20 Damage on a 500ms Zone (same as PK, just a little slower). What is, in your opinion, unreactable?

bob333e
01-11-2018, 01:25 PM
I personally don't see how Orochi is considered 'bad'. And he doesn't really need faster side lights when you know what you're doing with him. Orochi is solid B-Tier and is the other general-purpose counter-attacker, aside from Warden.

- Orochi has double guaranteed top lights whenever the first top light lands. That's more than can be said for most heroes.

- Riptide Strike is an amazing counter to a lot of maneuvers, and can nullify Warden's SB cancel into GB, which a lot of players complain about as 'unreactable'. As showcased in the vid Vakris shared earlier.

- Storm Rush, when landed, guarantees double top lights for a solid overall combo damage. And that's only for dodging one single heavy backwards then initiating Storm Rush.

- Orochi's deflects are god-tier. He gets good rewards out of deflects. You get a good double light combo which can be further comboed into more things, or you can do the heavy unblockable stab which can also be comboed into GB - heavy. Unlike for example Zerker whose deflect nets a GB and from there you might land one side heavy or, if you're near a wall, wallsplat into top heavy. Some players resort to zone into light mixup, but that's not always guaranteed, as you might misclick and throw a heavy instead.

- Orochi's dodges are amazing, you can literally slide under Raider's axe while he swings. You might miss a deflect, but you'll at least look badass. Bear in mind I only play Orochi and Zerker from the assassins, but I'm sure all assassins can pull this off.

- His zone, while often expected at high-skill play, is a good surprise factor when you use it as a followup. Because it's real quick. And it doesn't result in a free GB if blocked, like Warden.

- Side heavy feint into top light is smooth on Orochi. Also side heavy feint into zone.

What Orochi needs isn't faster side lights. What he needs is an unblockable from neutral (some sort of ninja kick), a feintable heavy unblockable (the unblockable possibly being a charged version of Storm Rush or Riptide Strike, which needs to be initiated upon followup like on Kensei), and a double-dodge similar to Shinobi's but without the smoke. Something that can be used as a combo starter and that will allow different attacks other than the dodge attack. Should he get those post-rework, he'll easily become A-Tier. But that's just personal speculation.