Street fighter 5= Capcom
Marvel Versus capcom infinite= Capcom
Dragon ball z= Namco
Nartuo Shippduen = Namco
Guilty Gear = Atlus
Dead or alive= Team Ninja
Injustice 2 = Netherrealm
Mortal Combat X=Netherrealm
Final fantasy Dissida Nt = Team Ninja (Published by square nix)
Soul Calibur 6 = Namco

ok as you can well see your competitors are Namco,Capcom,Atlus,Team Ninja and Netherealm.

They all have

1. Established franchises with multiple movie and way more succuesfull games in this genre than you.
2. They actually have cult followings meaning they can fail one game and fans will still play the next
3. They all have way more money didicated to their fighting games than you
4. Their Teams are way more intelligent and WAY WAY WAY WAY more experienced than yours
5. Almost all of them have been in the fighting game industry for at least 15 years

You don't have even 1 of the above

but do you know what they all have in common

None of them and I mean not one single fighting game they have produced has anywhere near the extensive telegraphing of moves you do.

Not 1 out for the nearly 200 fighting games these companies combined have made. Has any where near the amount of the extent of telegraphing of moves you have in this game

UBIJurrassic. Keep listening to these whines and ignore people who have been playing fighting games constantly before most of your audience was even born.

Everyday it's another thread of someone really frustrated with your game and leaving
and your forum full of toxic players like clockwork will reply

"Leave no one cares"

|Everysingle time someone who actually cares about you game takes the time to explain what is wrong with you game

someone will reply that and those are the people you listen to

UBIJurrassic. That is all you'll ever amount too

moderator on a radioactive forum

BTTrinity
01-05-2018, 06:48 AM
While I agree with your post, I dont agree with you calling him out like an immature a**hole. What a shame, another post going in the trash because you cant keep your cool.

Bassline204
01-05-2018, 06:59 AM
While I agree with your post, I dont agree with you calling him out like an immature a**hole. What a shame, another post going in the trash because you cant keep your cool.

sorry. I a world were people can send out the N word like it's going out of style I don't care.

in a world where UBIJurrassic would rather listen to crying5 babies than take simple steps to improve their game. I don't care

it's a1 dieing game anyway

BTTrinity
01-05-2018, 07:03 AM
sorry. I a world were people can send out the N word like it's going out of style I don't care.

in a world where UBIJurrassic would rather listen to crying5 babies than take simple steps to improve their game. I don't care

Pretty sure this post would get listened to if there wasnt so much hostility. You're just as "immature" as everyone crying for nerfs

Eyyupyeser95
01-05-2018, 07:33 AM
If you could just post a non hostile post we could take you serious. Now you are just a crybaby as the people you call a crybaby

Malyngo
01-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Can you even compare those games to For Honor?

None of them have the 3D-iness of For Honor, right? None of them have 4v4 modes, right?

Jazz117Volkov
01-05-2018, 08:11 AM
ok let's look at your competitors for fighting games
For Honor is not a traditional fighting game and therefore should not be compared to them.

It has it's share of issues, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

[list of 2D fighting games]

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mg50D.png

Think about it.

None of them and I mean not one single fighting game they have produced has anywhere near the extensive telegraphing of moves you do.

The potential of a fight engine not built around reflexes was precisely what made For Honor a unique and appealing concept. It was methodical and strategic and not so much about twitches. It's why Ubisoft came up with their (rather short-lived) "art of battle" spiel. And they were always on about the "emotions" of fighting. These things have of course been diluted and deranged by the DLC heroes, but nevertheless, straying farther from that original composition will only weaken the game and make it less appealing.

Everyday it's another thread of someone really frustrated...Sort of like this one.

SenBotsu893
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
you basically compare a 2D sidescroller to a 3D game.

none of those established fighting franchises have free roam, objective based gameplay and multi opponent fighting.

and for what i can tell this is not really a constructive Thread at all, your title is misleading.

Devils-_-legacy
01-05-2018, 12:29 PM
They actually have cult followings. Fh doesnt some of us haven't put the game down since release the bugs and issues are annoying as sh.t but I honestly don't think I could stop playing this

Baggin_
01-05-2018, 01:03 PM
So how do they fix the defensive meta? All I read was anger.

Charmzzz
01-05-2018, 02:25 PM

Changes to the rewards you get from parrying afaik. The last we heard was that parry drains more stamina and that the rewards from a parry would be tuned down (no guaranteed GB anymore for so many classes, no guaranteed heavy after heavy parry - maybe after light parry, a guaranteed light after heavy parry, etc...). Parry would be still valuable because they also wanted to change the way being OOS would be, it is supposed to be way more dangerous (they already started to implement this with more chip damage and being unable to interrupt-block while being OOS).

xIII-JoKer-IIIx
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Pretty sure this post would get listened to if there wasnt so much hostility. You're just as "immature" as everyone crying for nerfs

HAHAHAHAHAHA

you think the FOOL UBIJURRIASC Listens to cool calm reasonable arguments

I Had a detailed post in the suggestion and feedback section of the game.

point by point what could be done

no swearing or anger just words

Result = Nothing

However UBIJURRASIC stated that Changes to OOC Stamina "Were not well Received" in Public testing that's why they didn't make it in. The Moron's Own words.

So let me get this straight.

you don't make changes based on facts or actually data or the fact you guys created the game

you make changes based on how many people cry or like the change

same thing you did to the shaman

valkyrie

they run a popularity contest with regards to changes

it's so sad

nothing gets done until enough people cry about it

HAHAHAHAH

what a joke of a company

same thing happened with division

Spent tonnes of money fixing problems people cry about

Not realising the silent majority were leaving cos and I quote a pro player on the Division forums

level 1-12 is almost as has as legendary dungeons but if you can get through it's a great game

so let me get this straight

you are an elite agent called to the line of duty.

trained all your life for this

and when it comes down to it

for the first 12 levels you are way weaker and way way way less armed than common thugs

like many of the silent majority yes they could get through it but it's just to toxic a concept

funny thing is I know how these games are made

in their engine they have models of all 1- 12 enemies and a simple hot fix reducing all their health and armour would have fixed this. yet 3 years later they are still only making content for old toxic players cos they have given up on new players

and new players give up on them instantly cos 1-12 is as hard as legendary endgame dungeons

this is how stupid this company is

so don't tell me not to be aggressive.

I have made over 12 long detailed posts and the only ones on these forums that get noticed are people like that piece of **** who stated

"I can deal with ronin's light attack it's his feat that's the problem"

then goes on to display proof of him dealing with the ronin's light attack and detailing the problem

It's is followed by a mass of radioactive morons agreeing with him

Funny thing about that video

Ask any ronin

1. The ronin in that video doesn't actually use 1 Light attack. It's just heavies
2. The ronin doesn't Feint once. Which most average ronins have mastered
3. The foolish highlander in the Video (who is what you morons call a pro player) doesn't parry once

That's right he is hit by a stream of heavies for 2 mins and doesn't parry once

However the title of the video was I can deal with ronin's light attack the problem is...

and this pile of crap was passed on to the developers by UBIJurrasic

it's actual still on the forums

sorry i won't be nice anymore

to a community that prides itself of worshiping in listening to liars and arseholes and the moderators are part of it

I'm sorry you deserve every thing you get from me. Cos I have actually spent way more money on this game that most people. Over 1000 pounds.

Most of these freaks will only spend 20 pounds in their life time

however I'm the bad guy.

I am insulted and looked down on for actually spending money on a game I wanted to encourage

The developers don't listening to me

The gave who they can actually check has spent that amount of money

They listen to the Freeloaders arguing that all games should be free and they shouldn't have to pay anything for anything they get

and people who Lie to your fact

Sorry this is the company Ubisoft has become so they deserve of the spite from me they get

xIII-JoKer-IIIx
01-05-2018, 03:17 PM
For Honor is not a traditional fighting game and therefore should not be compared to them.

It has it's share of issues, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/mg50D.png

Think about it.

The potential of a fight engine not built around reflexes was precisely what made For Honor a unique and appealing concept. It was methodical and strategic and not so much about twitches. It's why Ubisoft came up with their (rather short-lived) "art of battle" spiel. And they were always on about the "emotions" of fighting. These things have of course been diluted and deranged by the DLC heroes, but nevertheless, straying farther from that original composition will only weaken the game and make it less appealing.

Sort of like this one.

see this right here. This is the kind of fool that get's listened too

when any pro fighting game player will tell you all those games have the same system

High, Mid , Low

All namco games listed are actually 3d

and narutp shippuden has the same 3d ness as this game

however he comes on the forum

and with Good English

Talks 100% crap

this is the fool you radioactive morons listen too

for get facts

just listen to the ***** with pretty pictures

Tundra 793
01-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Ho-ho-holy hell there's a lot of wrong in this thread.

I was gonna go over the points raised, one by one, but clearly the OP, and Joker have no interest in calm, rational discourse about this. But they're both wrong. Just like, super wrong.

#inb4lock&bans

xIII-JoKer-IIIx
01-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Ho-ho-holy hell there's a lot of wrong in this thread.

I was gonna go over the points raised, one by one, but clearly the OP, and Joker have no interest in calm, rational discourse about this. But they're both wrong. Just like, super wrong.

#inb4lock&bans

yes ofc that's a calm rational argument in itself

I',m right your wrong. Nah NAH NAH NAH NAH!!!

lots of reason

GG

xIII-JoKer-IIIx
01-05-2018, 04:14 PM

That's cos your stupid

bitebug2003
01-05-2018, 04:22 PM
xIII-JoKer-IIIx,

You have already been warned once about name calling.

Be civil towards other members please.

Thanks

We.the.North
01-05-2018, 05:47 PM
UBIJurrassic. That is all you'll ever amount too

I worked for Ubisoft 2 years and still know a great deal of people working there. Trust me when I say UbiJurrassic is doing his job which is : Social Media Moderator. He has no power at all on the state of the game. All he can do is moderate the expectation and the level of frustration players communicate over the forums. His job is LITTERALY to make you feel listened to in order to drop down your level of anxiety / frustration while also communicating in much, much less angry words the overall message and feeling on these forums.

What happen with that information is up to the game developpers and they are slave to the marketing departement telling them to release broken hero every season to sell more season passes.

So how do they fix the defensive meta?

Ubisoft has about 70 programmers working on the dedicated servers at the moment and very, very little left to work on game balance and to overhaul the fighting system. Some "easy fixes" were tested like removing the garanteed guardbreak after a parry, but none of these "easy fixes" made it to the live game. I'm personnally in awe in front of Ubisoft's complete lack of ability to balance their game at this point. 1 year in and feats are still a huge unbalanced mess and dont even get me started on the defensive meta killing any chance this game has to become an enjoyable ESport to watch at home.

In other words, we still have to be patient. For Honor has a DLC in the making (not a year 2 plan, a DLC), and since they are currently putting most of their workforce on dedicated servers (which is taking forever), I wouldn't expect any significant changes to the defensive meta for at least 4-6 months.

The best advice I could give you is to take a break and come back in 6 month. I wouldn't expect the moon at this point, but dedicated servers and littles tweaks here and there hoping to change the defensive meta should make the game "feel" different hopefully in a good way.

Vakris_One
01-05-2018, 07:16 PM
ok let's look at your competitors for fighting games

Tekken 7 = Namco
Street fighter 5= Capcom
Marvel Versus capcom infinite= Capcom
Dragon ball z= Namco
Nartuo Shippduen = Namco
Guilty Gear = Atlus
Dead or alive= Team Ninja
Injustice 2 = Netherrealm
Mortal Combat X=Netherrealm
Final fantasy Dissida Nt = Team Ninja (Published by square nix)
Soul Calibur 6 = Namco
Here's where your argument completely falls apart. None of those games even resemble For Honor in terms of gameplay or fight mechanics. There are no direct competitors to For Honor at this point in time, whether for good or for ill. The closest For Honor has to a similiar type of game is Mordhau and that still has no commonalities in terms of the fighting mechanics. For Honor shares more commonalities with something like Monster Hunter or Dark Souks more than it does with any of those fighting games you listed.

Your ultimate point that you don't like how telegraphed the moves in For Honor are is saying what exactly? That a completely original game shouldn't try to do its own thing and should instead copy everybody else out there? That's a pretty weak argument.

Vakris_One
01-05-2018, 07:20 PM

It's ironic that you voice your displeasure at "crying babies" while behaving exactly like a crying baby throwing a tantrum. A little bit more forethought before posting would have served you well.

UbiJurassic
01-05-2018, 08:37 PM
The community team will be closing this due to flaming and unconstructive discussion. All feedback is welcome, regardless of being positive or negative in sentiment and regardless of whether you are new or a long-time player. If there is ever a time you feel that your feedback is not being heard, don't hesitate to reach out to myself or the other members of the community team via private message. We are always more than happy to read over it and make notes for the team regarding it. :)

Also as a reminder, ban evasion is against our forum rules. If you are banned on one account, you should refrain from making a second (or third) account to get around the first account's ban. This will only result in a permaban on all three.