PDA

View Full Version : Trying to improve-Looking for Advice on where to find information.

Archeun
01-04-2018, 11:20 PM
I've played this game since launch. I do OK sometimes. I get into games and I am #1 on the board. Other's I am beyond awful.. I've noticed recently that I am blocked constantly in some games. I've noticed that I am parried constantly. There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it.

Does anyone know a good place to find good guides on properly playing the game and dynamics for each class? I've found that many of the sites I go to are either from Feb or March of last year. Often, the information is worthless.

I'm probably just lousy at the game but I've had games where I literally couldn't land a blow on opponents. They would sit and parry, block or dodge 99% of what I used. Are there hacks people are using these days or addons that assist defense?

Thanks.

LionHeart XXII
01-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Dude, I've been totally in the same boat as of late. I've played since the Alpha and have always done....ok, I would get top spot in matches with a somewhat regularity. But in the past...idk...month or so, I've just noticed people parrying my attacks all the time! Or they dodge, or hit me before my attack hits. I would claim to be Amazing or anything, but certain serviceable.

The only thing I was thinking it could be, is the fact that match making is semi skilled based...and I have been essentially reaching the ceiling of my skill bracket. And that transition from facing lower skilled players to higher skilled players is the cause in the sudden change in my opponents.

That's my 2 cents

Archeun
01-05-2018, 12:05 AM
Sylynce: Thanks for your input. That's possible. I just played a game and a Orochi literally parried about 9/10 attacks by me and another guy. I don't know what is going on lately but something is odd.

David_gorda
01-05-2018, 12:46 AM
First are you playing on PC or console? Its alot easier go block and parry on PC. What Class are you playing?
When you play against more Skilled player you need to use feints and mix up your attacks. Like feint heavy and guardbreak. Feint heavy And do a light sometimes let the heavy go through but its risky.

Malyngo
01-05-2018, 08:27 AM
If I am not mistaken, they reset the skill brackets in December or so. I really had a hard time after that.
Think it is better now, but I am not playing that much anymore (Was really frustrating to have so many unbalanced matches, and after a few of those, when I got a a balanced one, I realized that I just don't have fun anymore).