PDA

View Full Version : GET RID OF BOMBS/GET RID ARROWS etc

M4RKSG4MES
01-04-2018, 07:39 PM
GET RID OF BOMBS,GET RID OF BOMBS,GET RID OF BOMBS, it totally and UTTERLY ruins game COMPLETELY , i know what i'll stand around ALL game kill couple minions and just use bomb at NO fighting required ALL rest game irrelevant , not ALL characters have them anyway BUT it makes TOTAL farce and waste time doin ALL the rest of battle , when it gets down to stand and fight it SHOULD BE Stand and fight, mayb limit use of them IF have 2 have or make it unusable at certain point in match . ALSO you SHOULDNT be able to kill your team mates and hits on them should be ZERO damage . I've set up a PETITION for getting rid of them SO FAR i've 500 and growing ,MAYBE if ALL players refuse to play/buy game UNTIL U bisoft use a brain cell sort it out something MIGHT be done , i KNOW lot players GOT RID of game BECAUSE of this cheap kill issue . UBISOFT DO SOMETHING before its TOO LATE.

SlapO_xFight
01-04-2018, 08:11 PM
I agree with you here. it doesn't make much sense to have them in the game i understand why they put them in, as some of these weapons were around and perhaps used some more then others. However it takes no skill at all to hit someone with a one shot meteor (catapult) after just out skilling your adversary in an epic battle much like the Shugs one shot kill if he is blinking red. entirely pointless to have these kinds of affects in the game 3-5 bombs, Arrows and such, hell some of these feats don't even work as well due to tracking as others like the Valks spear. I for one find it really frustrating to get hit by bomb after bomb after bomb while playing a hack and slash melee fighting game just because my opposing team decides to run all LB or Wardens or what have you. Especially when you just about wreck the person you are fighting only to have him or her hit you with a catapult (May I remind you all this thing still one shots after all the other feats were nerfed for w/e reason this one was not *cough Knight favoritism*). For a competitive fighting game I don't understand where the skill is.

Thanks for reading :D

FredEx919
01-04-2018, 08:16 PM
GET RID OF BOMBS,GET RID OF BOMBS,GET RID OF BOMBS, it totally and UTTERLY ruins game COMPLETELY , i know what i'll stand around ALL game kill couple minions and just use bomb at NO fighting required ALL rest game irrelevant , not ALL characters have them anyway BUT it makes TOTAL farce and waste time doin ALL the rest of battle , when it gets down to stand and fight it SHOULD BE Stand and fight, mayb limit use of them IF have 2 have or make it unusable at certain point in match . ALSO you SHOULDNT be able to kill your team mates and hits on them should be ZERO damage . I've set up a PETITION for getting rid of them SO FAR i've 500 and growing ,MAYBE if ALL players refuse to play/buy game UNTIL U bisoft use a brain cell sort it out something MIGHT be done , i KNOW lot players GOT RID of game BECAUSE of this cheap kill issue . UBISOFT DO SOMETHING before its TOO LATE.

To start off i'm going to ask that you keep the post cool and lets avoid anything close to an insult. It's just not needed and definitely will not get anything done. I don't expect to see feats removed from the game, but if you feel there are some balancing needs, i'm more then happy to express the concern to the team. I'm interested in knowing specifically which feats you seem to be getting hit with the most. It's something that happens, but map awareness and team work can definitely limit the effectiveness of your opponents feats.

Tyrjo
01-04-2018, 09:15 PM
I'm not very keen of bombs or missile strikes either. I think they could use a little nerf to cooldown and damage.

Mtcmnkk
01-04-2018, 11:44 PM
They're fun so I would like to keep them in the game. There is only one problem but it's a huge one. The catapult, arrow storm and Highlanders spear storm come out faster than all the stun grenades and fire flasks. They do a ton of damage but I'm ok with that considering what they are but in what world would a catapult reach it's destination faster than someone standing there throwing a grenade. Needless to say they need to nerf the timer on those bad

David_gorda
01-05-2018, 01:01 AM
I dont like the tier 4 Aoe feats at all, if both teams are breaking i domination i want an Epic 4vs 4 fight Not a peacekeeper Sneaking up from behind and launch a catapult Killing everyone.

Tundra 793
01-05-2018, 01:08 AM
This is something I've been saying for a while, although a with a bit more restraint.

For Honor is a melee, skill based fighting game. We shouldn't have Feats that negate the core concept.

When a team goes into Breaking in Dominion for example, it's supposed to be a very tense period, and grouping up is the best chance for survival.
A team can desperately hold onto 1 point to try and force the other team into Breaking as well, or keep moving to get a better tactical advantage, or utilize traps to slow the enemy team down.

But, suddenly, a wild Catapult appears... Game over.

M4RKSG4MES
01-05-2018, 01:11 AM
Whats map gotta do with anything ,do ANYBODY at your place ACTUALLY playtest yhe game, what about in Elimination and Duel/Brawl even bombs are used soon as you spawn INSTANT kill HARDLY a fair fight or even ACTUAL fight, i KNOW FOR FACT not insult MANY MANY players are leaving the game because of this SERIOUS issue , its not rocket science ,its the ONLY way SOME of the players (who cant fight or want to) can win and its totally abused, SURELY they can limit use or EVEN block use at certain point in match i.e stand and fight stage etc, in duel/brawl they SHOULDNT be allowed AT ALL .

Mia.Nora
01-05-2018, 01:25 AM
Whats map gotta do with anything ,do ANYBODY at your place ACTUALLY playtest yhe game, what about in Elimination and Duel/Brawl even bombs are used soon as you spawn INSTANT kill HARDLY a fair fight or even ACTUAL fight, i KNOW FOR FACT not insult MANY MANY players are leaving the game because of this SERIOUS issue , its not rocket science ,its the ONLY way SOME of the players (who cant fight or want to) can win and its totally abused, SURELY they can limit use or EVEN block use at certain point in match i.e stand and fight stage etc, in duel/brawl they SHOULDNT be allowed AT ALL .

You can't use feats in Duel/Brawl, but I agree with the rest especially lvl4 Feats of AoEs. They don't really add to the game, they only take away from it.

I understand why they are in the game. Someone in the team said "hey all those MOBAS have 3 basic skills + an Ulti, lets do the same." and here we are. I think enough time passed to realize this was a ****ty idea and FH does not need an *ULTI* skill on characters. Being able to admit that you were wrong goes a long way. You guys admitted that P2P was a ****ty idea, now it is time to admit those feats also do not fit the game.

Armosias
01-05-2018, 01:26 AM
Just wondering where you did you get this "fact". Bombs and explosives need the same nerf traps had: more time between cast and explosion.

The_B0G_
01-05-2018, 03:14 AM
I think the biggest issue with bombs is when you see a lawbringer with every grenade perk on, they can basically throw constant grenades once they unlock all of the perks in a match.

Arrows are fine, you actually need to place it in a very good spot in order for it to get you kills, out of all AoE 4th feat attacks it's the worst.

I think HL spear storm is the most OP, you get zero notice, it just nails you. Catapult is the second best but it is avoidable.

I think it should be full friendly fire damage when it comes to feats, too often at the end of matches people drop 4th tier feats on teammates and enemies alike to get wins, it's cheap, and cheesy.

Jazz117Volkov
01-05-2018, 03:35 AM
I've been in a lot of Dominion matches that end in grenade storms.

Feats can be really cheap at times, like the stun feats, but I'm not sure they should go anywhere.

I'd like to see more support feats used to strengthen your team, and also more personal buffs like Raider's stamina cost reduction.

I think Inspire should be a passive too, not as strong though (and much subtler visual effect).

Sharpened blades can go.

Vordred
01-05-2018, 05:41 AM
i must admit i would like to see those things go too, and instead have them replaced with passive feats and things that allow us to further customise our characters and playstyle

Tundra 793
01-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Jazz and Vordred got the right idea.

Feats should be largely Passive, or Supportive. Something to compliment your playstyle, rather than things to dominate the battlefield with. Or things to aid your teammates, rather than bringing you closer to becoming a living God of fire raining from the sky.

SangLong524
01-05-2018, 06:25 AM
The idea behind the feats are fine with me. They contribute to big battle well. However, I'm also cool with a bit of adjustment, whether it's cool down or Aoe range is fine, as long as they are justifiable and not slow down the battle tempo too much to appease slow young geezers.
Seriously, what is the matter with some of u people? Removing something because they irritate you somehow is just so childish. If that is good excuse, I must say some posts irritate me just by look of them and their sheer rage-filled idiocy. Along with outrageous random capitalized words. And the numerous posts screaming removing this removing that. Maybe they should try remove the game instead.

BTTrinity
01-05-2018, 06:58 AM
I've been in a lot of Dominion matches that end in grenade storms.

Feats can be really cheap at times, like the stun feats, but I'm not sure they should go anywhere.

I'd like to see more support feats used to strengthen your team, and also more personal buffs like Raider's stamina cost reduction.

I think Inspire should be a passive too, not as strong though (and much subtler visual effect).

Sharpened blades can go.

Agreed, all the bombs can go.

I used to like Sharpened Blades, back when it was on bleed focused characters and not 80% of the cast... Instead of removing that completely, I say get rid of it on the characters who dont focus on bleeding people out (Cent, Ara, Valk, Zerk, and anyone else without bleed in their moveset DO NOT need this feat)

BTTrinity
01-05-2018, 07:00 AM
The idea behind the feats are fine with me. They contribute to big battle well. However, I'm also cool with a bit of adjustment, whether it's cool down or Aoe range is fine, as long as they are justifiable and not slow down the battle tempo too much to appease slow young geezers.
Seriously, what is the matter with some of u people? Removing something because they irritate you somehow is just so childish. If that is good excuse, I must say some posts irritate me just by look of them and their sheer rage-filled idiocy. Along with outrageous random capitalized words. And the numerous posts screaming removing this removing that. Maybe they should try remove the game instead.

Feats are garbage right now, the only purpose they serve is to make the stomping team snowball the losers even harder.

Jazz117Volkov
01-05-2018, 08:18 AM
Feats are garbage right now, the only purpose they serve is to make the stomping team snowball the losers even harder.

This is unfortunately true.

The winning team are typically less desperate so they're more likely to have at least one catapult to spend when the losing team starts breaking. I've seen this a lot.

Okita_Soji..
01-05-2018, 08:42 AM
This is why they need to go....I was just in a dominion match and both sides were breaking my team had a 3v4 situation when that bid red circle appeared. I was on the edge of it and my teammates were in the middle, boom all 3 of us died game over. How is that a good feat? Cheap kills and a poor way to end a good back and forth game. I mainly 4v4's and I can't tell you how many games end with that on both sides.

Just stand back and lob grenades shouldn't be in a medieval fighting game. I only use samurai heroes and refuse to use arrow storm because it is a poor way to win. I've seen many players just hanging out in a zone launching catapults half way across the map. People get mad about ganking, I think this is worse.

SangLong524
01-05-2018, 10:23 AM
This is why they need to go....I was just in a dominion match and both sides were breaking my team had a 3v4 situation when that bid red circle appeared. I was on the edge of it and my teammates were in the middle, boom all 3 of us died game over. How is that a good feat? Cheap kills and a poor way to end a good back and forth game. I mainly 4v4's and I can't tell you how many games end with that on both sides.

Just stand back and lob grenades shouldn't be in a medieval fighting game. I only use samurai heroes and refuse to use arrow storm because it is a poor way to win. I've seen many players just hanging out in a zone launching catapults half way across the map. People get mad about ganking, I think this is worse.

that is true. Lawbringers' grenades feat can be too much when multiple lawbringers all use it. although i object removing grenades. A I said, maybe they can pump the grenades' friendly fire to deal the same damage to throwers and allies as well as enemies can help deter the build.
As for T4 feats and the snowballing issue, it takes skills and some sort of cooperation for each teammates to accumulate enough renown to get to T4. So if the other team manages to do that, a few T4 feats raining down your ears is a minor problem. They probably are able to kill off your team even without those feats. Treat them like Coup de grace.

Mini1900
01-05-2018, 11:12 AM
Feats need balance. Granates , missle, knifes ,axt ( bleeding from shaman is a joke, and make him more imbalanced as shaman already is ),arrows! People says joke like u can easy avoid them, yes in 1vs1 u can, but when u fight vs 2 or 3 , have fun to avoid. Feats should be more passive and add a little bit extra.!! for NOW its just too bad. The good team which wins gang fights already get feats , which make this team more effective to win the next gang fight and so the game is already over before it really begins. Feats should have a time to get active for all players, and if we should have these granates,burrows and etc. for some reason ( idk what ) then for all and definitly not for winning team !

Devils-_-legacy
01-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Jazz and Vordred got the right idea.

Feats should be largely Passive, or Supportive. Something to compliment your playstyle, rather than things to dominate the battlefield with. Or things to aid your teammates, rather than bringing you closer to becoming a living God of fire raining from the sky. This is what I expected feats to go towards by now in for honor rather then turning a battle to a ganks paradise and some one said it's hard to get your team to t4 feats I really don't agree with that imo from killing soldiers to out numbering the enemy and going after the strongest members first then splitting up take the rest of the team rinse repeat now the mojority of your team has t4 within 5 mins with the most corporation needed is to gank your enemy I really do like the idea if feats but in practice just makes needed to be in a team so much more critical unless there passive feats I preference the way they can change the game revenge from attacking you have to be cautious when attacking as every Hit you land or block edges them closer to revenge or the rocksteady feat making you switching from defensive play to aggressive as there's gain from parry punish i would love the fh team to build more on feat reworks after the og heros

BlackHorse58
01-05-2018, 10:16 PM
I was hoping to get an MLRS in game..jk

I see no issue with them....looks like a war to me, get past it

brashtralas
01-05-2018, 11:58 PM
What I’d like to see:

-All feats become passive or support based.

Example of support feat; All teammates within x distance gain y% stamina increase.

Combat medic: Reviving a teammate takes x% less time and adds y% health upon their revival(this is with the much needed revive nerf).

-All catapults/arrowstorm feats become map based.

Capturing a specific base gives you access to a catapult/arches that can rain destruction down upon your enemies. (So long as you are within the “launch location”, much like closing a gate.) 3minute cooldown after use.

Just my .02