PDA

View Full Version : No map editor info/news

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Im not being negative but i have a gut feeling something is not right. im really hoping it's 1

1 - im over thinking this, and everything will be fine.

2 - ubisoft have left out some important things we were hoping were included in the editor and they dont know if they should release that info before release.

Viragoxv535
01-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Too much secrecy surrounding it...

VnR-Popey
01-04-2018, 02:03 PM
I think like you, every day I look at the forum, the Facebook and still nothing while
the game is released on March 27, 2018

I really think that Ubisoft has missed out on the greatest expectations of the map editor and they are waiting for the last moment to release some information so that we can not blame them for having the time to solve these problems. really hope to be wrong and be pleasantly surprised

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Too much secrecy surrounding it...

Lol maybe wikileaks will release fc5 map editor news before ubisoft. the map editor info/documents are under lock and key at groom lake nevada aka area 51.

Viragoxv535
01-04-2018, 02:17 PM
http://i2.res.24o.it/images2010/Editrice/ILSOLE24ORE/ILSOLE24ORE/2017/07/05/Commenti%20e%20inchieste/ImmaginiWeb/Ritagli/fort_knox_marka-kl7B--835x437@IlSole24Ore-Web.jpg

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Maybe we could get some info through the freedom of information act or ask donald trump on twitter :)

VnR-Popey
01-04-2018, 02:58 PM
https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/365822PUB2346229023.jpg

Alpha_sgt_14
01-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Hmm, id expect we should see something over the editor soon. The devs are probably focusing on getting it complete atm. I wouldn't worry guys. They have been really involved in the fc4 community via contests and answering questions on the forums so that might be one indication fc5 probably has at least an editor.

For missing stuff, I imagine not everything will make it to the final product from what we recommended. Some of the things we ask probably isn't possible with their engine. Anyways, I'm still super excited none the less. :)

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Hmm, id expect we should see something over the editor soon. The devs are probably focusing on getting it complete atm. I wouldn't worry guys. They have been really involved in the fc4 community via contests and answering questions on the forums so that might be one indication fc5 probably has an editor.

We know 100% that fc5 has a map editor, but this is about details of the map editor.

Alpha_sgt_14
01-04-2018, 03:21 PM
We know 100% that fc5 has a map editor, but this is about details of the map editor.

^ that was my unedited comment. I fixed it when you posted that. It probably didn't refresh for you.

Viragoxv535
01-04-2018, 03:37 PM
If it turns out that the publishing of maps is only for solo or coop would you still be as interested in that feature?

Alpha_sgt_14
01-04-2018, 03:51 PM
Hmm, hopefully that isn't the case. :(
It would be cool to have both options available tho. I feel like the singleplayer/ coop aspect is perfect for escape maps. Making multiplayer maps was too much fun for the community and it did rake in a lot of creative maps/ players. Having a multiplayer aspect really does increase replayablility too.

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 04:03 PM
If it turns out that the publishing of maps is only for solo or coop would you still be as interested in that feature?

I wouldn't be happy about it, but i would still purchase fc5 and make maps + ive got a fc5 xbox club with almost 1000 members, and i dont want to let them down, so im all in however it turns out, but a large number of mappers (guys from fcip,fc2,fc3) will be very upset and they will just walk away from fc5.

Steve64b
01-04-2018, 04:11 PM
I personally seem to get my kicks from toying around in the Map Editor and modding. I actually followed that route after I found the Map Editor didn't have a fountain spraying water.

I'll probably end up getting FC5 at some point, but don't think the multiplayer aspect will appeal much to me. And for SP/Coop, I do hope that we'll get more storytelling options, even if it's just placing letters/messages in a map with custom texts for the player.

Viragoxv535
01-04-2018, 04:28 PM
And for SP/Coop, I do hope that we'll get more storytelling options, even if it's just placing letters/messages in a map with custom texts for the player.

Cool :cool:

Farcryisdead
01-04-2018, 04:45 PM
I started this thread because people seemed to be tiptoeing around this topic, but we cant keep tiptoeing right up to a week before release. it's the elephant in the room thats NEEDS to be talked about.

VnR-Popey
01-04-2018, 05:59 PM
i started this thread because people seemed to be tiptoeing around this topic, but we cant keep tiptoeing right up to a week before release. It's the elephant in the room thats needs to be talked about.

yes sir !!!

TAW-Sharky09
01-04-2018, 10:49 PM
My bet is that we won't get what we've wished for. Will be SP/Co-op mapeditor ONLY.

If they had a kick a*s MP in the works they would have hinting it already. So far only open world SP/CO-OP story stuff for months now.
It will be like assassins creed again - open world SP all the way.
Map editor (like in FC4) for the creative die-hards.

Call me negative but look at the past. Did we ever get our greatest Ubi present without is was announced early?

Steve64b
01-05-2018, 12:44 AM
My bet is that we won't get what we've wished for. Will be SP/Co-op mapeditor ONLY.

If they had a kick a*s MP in the works they would have hinting it already.
Nah, I'm convinced there will be MP custom maps. After all they blurb (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1676682-Far-Cry-5-Key-Game-Features):"Create (...) Far Cry experiences with the map editor, to enjoy (...)against your friends!". If the only competition would come from a time trials / highscore based experience of SP/coop maps, that'd be pretty bad.

However, I do think you may be right about them not having a 'kick a*s MP' (yet). The release date got postponed, could be they're still developing that part. If they finished it, it would have made sense to reveal some stuff earlier. As it would both please the fans of the game, and help build more momentum towards launch.

It wouldn't be the first time that the Map Editor component only matured post-launch (FC4 coop maps update (https://www.inquisitr.com/1812181/far-cry-4-update-finally-adds-map-editor-support-for-co-op-games-on-xbox-one-ps4/)).

Viragoxv535
01-05-2018, 01:10 AM
It wouldn't be the first time that the Map Editor component only matured post-launch (FC4 coop maps update (https://www.inquisitr.com/1812181/far-cry-4-update-finally-adds-map-editor-support-for-co-op-games-on-xbox-one-ps4/)).

Investors/managers aren't always that flexible.

VnR-Popey
01-05-2018, 03:10 PM
My curiosity and my expectations makes me addict to this forum https://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/38471365ea1093b682550dormriyeuxouvertsshutterok.jp g

akilyoung
01-05-2018, 04:18 PM
What details about the map editor do you need AW? I mean, we know it has one, that all we need to know ATM, itll likely be the same as the past, maybe with a few upgrades to it - or not - but reall it doesnt matter. We know its there.

akilyoung
01-05-2018, 04:23 PM
I started this thread because people seemed to be tiptoeing around this topic, but we cant keep tiptoeing right up to a week before release. it's the elephant in the room thats NEEDS to be talked about.

I never got the impression ANYONE was tip toeing around the release of info lol. People have been asking for info for quite a while, especially you AW, lmao.

Its more of a shout from the roof top!

I get the impression that Ubi hasnt released info, because they are finalizing it. They cant release info till that part of the package goes gold, is finished for launch.

And Like Steve64b said, it was posted that there IS mp tied to the IGE, as well as coop....so isnt that all you really need?

Farcryisdead
01-05-2018, 04:55 PM
We are less than 3 months away from release but it's gone dark regarding mp and map editor info. interactions between comdevs and com managers and the community is getting less and less as we get closer to 27th march. the comdevs seem not to get involved in many discussions like they were a few months back. it feels like things are winding down instead of up imo.

Viragoxv535
01-05-2018, 09:01 PM
And Like Steve64b said, it was posted that there IS mp tied to the IGE

Albeit it was later removed from every source

DapperHayden007
01-05-2018, 10:56 PM
We are less than 3 months away from release but it's gone dark regarding mp and map editor info. interactions between comdevs and com managers and the community is getting less and less as we get closer to 27th march. the comdevs seem not to get involved in many discussions like they were a few months back. it feels like things are winding down instead of up imo.

Don't forget, we've just had the Festive season, there's always a lack of any information on any game around this time, mostly because the majority of people aren't interested about the gaming world, when they have their families to be with at this time of year. I'm sure it will kick back up over the next few weeks

Steve64b
01-05-2018, 11:04 PM
Albeit it was later removed from every source
Huh? I referenced Ubi's own features post, and there are various other sources (http://www.google.com/search?q=Create+insane+and+unique+Far+Cry+experien ces+with+the+Map+editor%2C+to+enjoy+with+or+agains t+your+friends) rehashing that same info.

What was removed then?

Viragoxv535
01-05-2018, 11:48 PM
Huh? I referenced Ubi's own features post, and there are various other sources (http://www.google.com/search?q=Create+insane+and+unique+Far+Cry+experien ces+with+the+Map+editor%2C+to+enjoy+with+or+agains t+your+friends) rehashing that same info.

What was removed then?

Sorry i meant retailers and the most important source: Far Cry 5 official pages :D

Farcryisdead
01-06-2018, 10:10 AM
Don't forget, we've just had the Festive season, there's always a lack of any information on any game around this time, mostly because the majority of people aren't interested about the gaming world, when they have their families to be with at this time of year. I'm sure it will kick back up over the next few weeks

There was less interaction well before christmas, in fact it went dark as soon as they anounced the delay.

Fallen-Champ
01-06-2018, 01:28 PM
There was less interaction well before christmas, in fact it went dark as soon as they anounced the delay.
New nickname for you NEG - Short for Negativity ;)
AW NEGATIVE SOLDIER - I hope if / when we get some info you will be able to find a little happiness, and I am not having a go before you have a hissy fit - it's just humor.

Farcryisdead
01-06-2018, 01:54 PM
New nickname for you NEG - Short for Negativity ;)
AW NEGATIVE SOLDIER - I hope if / when we get some info you will be able to find a little happiness, and I am not having a go before you have a hissy fit - it's just humor.

Im not being negative im just seeking clarity for the community.

Fallen-Champ
01-06-2018, 02:38 PM
Im not being negative im just seeking clarity for the community.
We are all in the same boat buddy I have a YouTube channel as do many others like The Lazy Mapper, Kemet has one and does Twitch Streaming and his Podcast.
There are numerous Xbox Clubs including your own and also Steam and Reddit Groups and Playstation Communities - Facebook has 2 that I know of dedicated to the editor, the one I post in is called Far Cry 5 Multiplayer and Editor so with that I will look a complete **** if the game turns out to not have PvP editing maps so just saying.

It is a strange way to go about things not promoting certain parts of the game until very late in development maybe they have their own reasons, I am sure we will never know.
We can only hope that the brakes eventually come off and it picks up speed and what is released makes us all happy.

akilyoung
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM
I think the rule of thumb that needs to be followed it here is PATIENCE!

Look, were only 3 months from launch, if you guys are this anxious about info being released, go find something else to do for a couple months and check back in then.

Im sure they will release info soon, but really they dont have to do anything at all. Yeah it would be good for them to build hype and whatnot, but that is their prerogative if they dont want to.

Like I said before, likely the reason is they havent finalized certain things, we know the release got pushed back, so there might be tweaking going on in the MP/IGE section. They cant release info till those things are locked in for release.

Fallen-Champ
01-06-2018, 03:40 PM
if you guys are this anxious about info being released, go find something else to do for a couple months and check back in then
I have all the time in the world they can put it back a few more months if they want, still have about 10 other games to play.

Viragoxv535
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/6ZaZTl0FeUDok/giphy.gif

akilyoung
01-07-2018, 11:19 PM
I have all the time in the world they can put it back a few more months if they want, still have about 10 other games to play.

Ya im pretty busy myself anyways....but even if I wasnt, I would just chill until they decide to release info, but thats just me.

Jaavaa
01-09-2018, 01:20 PM
I am also eager to info about the FC5 map editor. But as Akil says, Patience, we give them the benefit of the doubt, and we always have some game to finish or start, until March.

Alpha_sgt_14
01-09-2018, 05:26 PM
I think the rule of thumb that needs to be followed it here is PATIENCE!

Look, were only 3 months from launch, if you guys are this anxious about info being released, go find something else to do for a couple months and check back in then.

Im sure they will release info soon, but really they dont have to do anything at all. Yeah it would be good for them to build hype and whatnot, but that is their prerogative if they dont want to.

Like I said before, likely the reason is they havent finalized certain things, we know the release got pushed back, so there might be tweaking going on in the MP/IGE section. They cant release info till those things are locked in for release.

^^^^^^
Give this man a cookie! Well said man :)

Farcryisdead
01-09-2018, 05:51 PM
You only have to read this battlemap article to understand why some of us have concerns when ever a new fc game releases.
http://battlemap.net/threads/opinion-who-are-the-real-experts-ubi.2449/#post-6161

usmovers_02
01-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Why in the WORLD should we be patient? What has Ubisoft done to deserve the benefit of doubt?

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. This is nearly exactly the same approach Ubisoft took pre release for 2, 3 and 4. Let's not forget that while we all miss fc2 now, the MP launched in an abysmal state. We have every reason to expect more of the same.

Imaganos
01-12-2018, 11:07 PM
You are right., don't expect anything positive because they have followed the same path for EVERY GAME after FC2. Just expect more of the same..The great FC Map Editor is a lost tool because it make no additional money. Look for Loot boxes and high priced weapon skins and accessories for everything from your canine companion to the plane you may be flying. That my friends is where the m money IS!

Farcryisdead
01-14-2018, 09:44 PM
We can only hope they get it right with far cry 5.

Ubi-Salvenius
01-15-2018, 03:26 PM
You are right., don't expect anything positive because they have followed the same path for EVERY GAME after FC2. Just expect more of the same..The great FC Map Editor is a lost tool because it make no additional money. Look for Loot boxes and high priced weapon skins and accessories for everything from your canine companion to the plane you may be flying. That my friends is where the m money IS!

Well we won't have a loot box system, so that means no loot boxes...that's a start right?

As to the map editor, we know you are hungry for news and believe me, we're working hard to not just get map editor information out to you but more than just that, unfortunately it means asking for a little more patience from yourselves.

We are aware of how important the editor is to the community and it's also important to us because well, we love seeing the creations you all make and we've seen some amazing talent with the FC4 editor, so to unleash that talent on the FC5 editor is going to be astounding.

Farcryisdead
01-15-2018, 04:31 PM
Well we won't have a loot box system, so that means no loot boxes...that's a start right?

As to the map editor, we know you are hungry for news and believe me, we're working hard to not just get map editor information out to you but more than just that, unfortunately it means asking for a little more patience from yourselves.

We are aware of how important the editor is to the community and it's also important to us because well, we love seeing the creations you all make and we've seen some amazing talent with the FC4 editor, so to unleash that talent on the FC5 editor is going to be astounding.

Thanks for the response :)

Steve64b
01-15-2018, 04:52 PM
(...) we're working hard to not just get map editor information out to you but more than just that
:D That should be multiplayer, or what else can you think of? ;)

Ubi-Salvenius
01-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the response :)

No worries, we know it's frustrating that things go silent from time to time and it's certainly something we'll be working on improving but sometimes it can't be helped and trust me, it's not just frustrating for you folks either. ;)

Viragoxv535
01-15-2018, 07:16 PM
It's worth remembering that Ubisoft has forced most retailers to remove any reference to the multiplayer and the only reason i can think of is that they can't make that promise at this stage, or it must have been an even more important reason because that omission can seriously impact the sales.

Steve64b
01-16-2018, 11:55 AM
It's worth remembering that Ubisoft has forced most retailers to remove any reference to the multiplayer and the only reason i can think of is that they can't make that promise at this stageWith not making promises about multiplayer, would the "More than just (map editor information)"-quote actually refer to something else than multiplayer then?

If so, what would that be? Perhaps we could instead get some more quest/storytelling options in the map editor, so maps can be even more varied? Or have smaller water sectors, grappling hook/wingsuit as pickup? A race mode?

I hope it'll be pretty neat, I liked the Far Cry 4 Map Editor but felt it could have been so much more if it included some more bits from the SP (gameplay objectives like item courier/assassinate targets/race with checkpoints, interactive doors/triggers, more objects from the SP campaign/DLCs).

The engine already is capable of so much more than we got in the editor/game, some feats I used in my mods. Exposing these parameters in the editor so we can change textures/colors of existing objects would be really cool, and should not be too hard I'd think. :)

Viragoxv535
01-16-2018, 12:13 PM
The engine already is capable of so much more than we got in the editor/game, some feats I used in my mods. Exposing these parameters in the editor so we can change textures/colors of existing objects would be really cool, and should not be too hard I'd think. :)

You can change some colors here and there but i wouldn't regard the engine as much more capable. Look at the weather effects for instance. They have made some regress since Dunia 2.0

Steve64b
01-16-2018, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that's true. I'm just saying the FC4 Map Editor felt a bit limited compared to all the things already available in the SP game. But on top of that it could even have more feats (like flickering/strobing lights, breakable items/plants and weather effects) found in previous FC games.

Viragoxv535
01-16-2018, 01:42 PM
But on top of that it could even have more feats (like flickering/strobing lights, breakable items/plants and weather effects) found in previous FC games.

It should be noted that in the gaming industry the lowest common denominator (consoles) is what determines the features of the end product and many of the things we wish were in the game are absent because of that or maybe it's an overlook from the developers. The good thing is that the team is focusing only on the last generation of consoles now.

Lucifonz
01-16-2018, 02:13 PM

Literally all I need to know right now is whether it'll support PvP multiplayer or not? Far Cry 2 and Instincts map editor created some of the best moments. Please Ubi :( It makes SO much sense with Ubi's recent push for supporting games long term.

Fallen-Champ
01-16-2018, 02:19 PM
Literally all I need to know right now is whether it'll support PvP multiplayer or not?
Yes 2-12 PvP that is what is listed with the game on the Xbox and Playstation stores although some on here will go against that and will tell you anything - did you know the world is flat and man never set foot on the moon - believe what you want but the small snippets of info point to UPTO 12 players PVP and as I said before I will eat a turd if the game has no multiplayer and I don't plan on doing that so lets see.

Viragoxv535
01-16-2018, 02:29 PM
Yes 2-12 PvP that is what is listed with the game on the Xbox and Playstation stores although some on here will go against that and will tell you anything - did you know the world is flat and man never set foot on the moon

That's true but you've also purposefully omitted the fact that those informations were highlighted by all major retailers and were later taken down by Ubisoft. So to be fair the analogy is flawed because you have been presented with evidence for such statements.

Fallen-Champ
01-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Taken down by Ubisoft ok so is there a statement for this where is there an official statement from any Retailer saying they were forced by Ubisoft to alter the listing or from the company saying why they chose to do that.

I do not even want to hear an answer because we are just clutching at thin air one person says one thing and another says something else, if there is no more info then we find out at launch.
This is playground crap and I don't want to get dragged any further down with it I find it pathetic.

I can only say that these forums are becoming more and more miserable even if they come out with an official statement some of you guys will just drag others down with different comments, is it a right or wrong thing that you have to be correct no matter what anyone says you are right or is it more about posting any rubbish over and over to see your post count or something because most of the things we reply to are junk they don't really warrant a reply we don't have the info so why do we bother writing - I am out of this and also think I will stop commenting on posts by certain people because it just gets twisted.

The way you are going you will end up been the only person in here, have a great day.

Viragoxv535
01-16-2018, 04:09 PM
I do not even want to hear an answer because we are just clutching at thin air one person says one thing and another says something else, if there is no more info then we find out at launch.
This is playground crap and I don't want to get dragged any further down with it I find it pathetic.

There is no reason to get heated, each one of us has a different opinion ..that's all. We'll wait and see in a couple of months.
But please don't compare me with flat-earthers anymore, i'm a science fan. :p

GhostWind905
01-17-2018, 01:19 AM
I'm finding the impatience with some in these posts to be a bit comical. It's almost like a kid going nuts a few days before Christmas because they don't see a ton of gifts under the tree. We know there will be an editor, and that most likely it will have MP features. There have been tid bits of footage here and there, so you can only guess what will be in the editor. I understand why there may be less communication at the moment from the devs, because it is crunch time and they are probably working super hard to make sure the game as a whole is fine tuned and completed. If this takes away from them communicating more info, I'm fine with that. They said they would release a bunch of info to us, but we have to wait. So let's wait and not go insane with anticipation.

HorTyS
01-24-2018, 07:45 PM
Taken down by Ubisoft ok so is there a statement for this where is there an official statement from any Retailer saying they were forced by Ubisoft to alter the listing or from the company saying why they chose to do that.

I can only say that these forums are becoming more and more miserable even if they come out with an official statement some of you guys will just drag others down with different comments, is it a right or wrong thing that you have to be correct no matter what anyone says you are right or is it more about posting any rubbish over and over to see your post count or something because most of the things we reply to are junk they don't really warrant a reply we don't have the info so why do we bother writing - I am out of this and also think I will stop commenting on posts by certain people because it just gets twisted.

The way you are going you will end up been the only person in here, have a great day.

https://i.imgur.com/d3Os2lG.gif

legacyzero
01-25-2018, 08:14 PM
If it's one thing I've learned about the launch of Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4, it's that you should CERTAINLY be skeptical of Ubi's handling of priorities in regards to this community. (Map Makers, I mean). For both of those games, Ubisoft kept us waiting and following a carrot on a stick, only to seemingly deliberately let us all down in the end.

I myself being one of the biggest, loudest, angriest, and (probably disliked) voices on this forum, especially after FC4 launched. Honestly, it was a travesty. I'll be frank. Now look, my gripe wasn't that they didn't put a decent Editor/Multiplayer component into Far Cry 4. Im not entitled to that. None of us are.They made the creative/development choice to do what they did, and we criticized them and the game accordingly. That's how it works.

My issue was this: Communication. Honesty. And the FC4 lacked them both.

We were led on for months without so much as a confirmation that an editor existed, let alone having multiplayer or not. Being met with responses like "Soon!" and "Vehicles are back in multiplayer, YAAY!". These are awful statements, knowing there was to be no relationship with Editor and adversarial.

But lets take away any anecdotes there may be swirling right now and let's look at the facts since the launch of FC4. Primal was revealed, and the dev team confirmed THAT VERY WEEK, that there was no Editor, or multiplayer included. Bravo. I fully respect that.

In the year leading up to Far Cry 5's reveal, I participated in a thoughtful, and calculated [PURPOSEFULLY REDACTING DUE TO NDA] ran by Ubisoft. It was a refreshing avenue, and something I had previously written Ubisoft off for. This gave me hope that they were fixing the communication aspect of their company, especially in regards to Far Cry.

And then in June of this year, they went out of their way to invite me to their E3 conference. Me. The guy who always cynically yelled about Ubisoft on my Twitter. (I was actually attending E3 on a separate project already, and they reached out). I got to see and interact with so many Ubisoft people there. I was personally approached by one of the leads from the RB6 booth on Day one at the convention center, and she just casually chatted with me about the game. Also, easily talked me through some of my concerns with 'Project Health'. I'm assuming she noticed I had a "Business Pass" lol

I will also remind you all that they announced that the game has a Map Editor literally off the bat. I think that's amazing, and show's they are thinking about us. (though I wish they would at least be a little more transparent about it having a relationship with adversarial multiplayer or not, especially this close to launch).

So I'm just saying this- It's different this time. There's a lot of cynical posts in here (and if you remember me from the FC4 launch, you'll know I'm certainly capable of it too), So I just wanted to step in and remind us all of the facts. Cool your jets and wait. Let them have the chance to do something special, or criticize them for not learning a damn thing if they dont.

Restylex.
01-25-2018, 11:46 PM
I just had my cup of coffee.....did i missed something ?:p

To trow a stick into a dog kennel.

Some of your people probably still live in 2008 and playing on a I mac 2008 version, playstation 3 or a X bone 360

Now a day there are plenty more multiplayer games available who are mainly based on multiplayer only.

Some of you complaining about a feature, not a full game.

You should be glad Ubisoft at least gave us a editor to create own maps and being able to share them.

I wish some other game company's would do the same like EA or Dice.

But i've they did, you probably would be paying for it double price , or you can get your items with a loot box ingame credit system;)

you just need to be patient
the editor doesn't sell itself
the community needs to do that by creating " dope" maps and let others see what is possible with the editor :rolleyes:

ooRAZOR2018oo
01-29-2018, 11:23 AM
It's always been like this, they will always have to make cuts in the end. lots of studios working on the title so will probably not be finished close to release.

The FC4 editor had some really great features (controls not so great) even though it was still made for old gen consoles, hoping they optimize it this time around and especially do a a proper job on the MP side of things. custom co-op 2 player wasn't really enough in my opinion.

Was playing FC2 last week after many years, the way the MP is set up (custom lobbies) always kept me coming back for more, so easy to find your favourite maps/mappers. community was a lot better, or atleast that is how I remember it. hope this returns.

Anyway only a couple of weeks untill launch so the tasty nuggets must be around the corner.

Negrumir
01-30-2018, 01:40 AM
Wow, people actually still bother to speculate about this?
Before I get started; I'm not pessimistic, I'm cynical.

Every time a new Far Cry game is announced, almost nothing about a map editor is mentioned until the last minute, yet we see full trailers about angry grizzlies, pigs with hats, etc (honestly, I'm not even sure; I don't watch them anymore) but why do you think that is? Why would the publisher focus on presenting all these other features, and not the one which "could be awesome" "I hope they get it right this time" "is probably still in development?"

Because all those other features, yes even stupid pointless crap they make a joke of, take priority over the map editor.

Game publishers are all about making money, you can't blame them for that. They put all their effort into selling the game, even if that means skimping on making it. In case anyone else hasn't noticed this rising trend, more and more game regularly come out with widespread problems, cut/repackaged features/ and poor post-launch support. Our dear Ubisoft is strikingly notorious for this.If you think FC5 isn't going to continue further along this path, you're only lying to yourself. And remember, I'm still only talking about the base game, the one their making so much fanfare about.

Remember that thing that has only been mentioned, but not detailed at all? Remember that thing which, last time, only a random leak of information saved many of us from ACTUALLY BUYING THE GAME ON THE BELIEF THAT THE EDITOR ACTUALLY SUPPORTED MULTIPLAYER?

Yeah, that thing--the map editor we all want to be good (I won't say 'again' because it was never good, only passable) is a total afterthought.
You can screenshot this post because I'm prophesying now that the map editor+whatever game mode it supports is going to suck.
-It's going to disappoint us all once again.
-It won't be supported post-launch, but there will likely be promises thereof.
-They haven't, don't, and will not listen to any feedback, no matter how many stickied threads there are, our suggestions, requests, praise or criticisms will be shoveled into the trash can.
-No buts, don't argue, deep down we all know that if they even bother to have a map editor, somehow, some way, it's going to just plain suck.

Wanna know why I was ever here? Because FC2's editor+MP was just barely playable, and I hoped they could improve upon it.
Wanna know why I haven't been here for a long time? Because I was wrong about them ever improving upon it.
Wanna know why I'm here now? Because these forums read like people have forgotten the last decade of this franchise.
Let's not forget that I started with FC2, some of y'all started with the original Xbox ones. I played FC:IP and even going "back", I could see that FC2 lost some features from that.

I'm not trying to be insulting or pessimistic.
Remember I said I'm cynical? Look up the difference between cynical and pessimistic.
This prediction is the optimistic outcome of my cynical view. Ubisoft's intentions and interests have never been to support the map editor in any way. The moment they confirmed the editor will likely be the high-point for our enjoyment of it. They way they've structured their showcasing and advertisement should be enough to make that very clear.

Lastly, I'm not trying to be arrogant when I say that I'm right, but you damn-well know it.
I like being wrong. When I'm wrong, things turn out great, even for me. In this case I want to be wrong.
If I am wrong, I'll gladly eat these words and come play with y'all...

But I am seldom wrong.

Alpha_sgt_14
01-31-2018, 12:00 AM
Wow, people actually still bother to speculate about this?
Before I get started; I'm not pessimistic, I'm cynical.

Every time a new Far Cry game is announced, almost nothing about a map editor is mentioned until the last minute, yet we see full trailers about angry grizzlies, pigs with hats, etc (honestly, I'm not even sure; I don't watch them anymore) but why do you think that is? Why would the publisher focus on presenting all these other features, and not the one which "could be awesome" "I hope they get it right this time" "is probably still in development?"

Because all those other features, yes even stupid pointless crap they make a joke of, take priority over the map editor.

Game publishers are all about making money, you can't blame them for that. They put all their effort into selling the game, even if that means skimping on making it. In case anyone else hasn't noticed this rising trend, more and more game regularly come out with widespread problems, cut/repackaged features/ and poor post-launch support. Our dear Ubisoft is strikingly notorious for this.If you think FC5 isn't going to continue further along this path, you're only lying to yourself. And remember, I'm still only talking about the base game, the one their making so much fanfare about.

Remember that thing that has only been mentioned, but not detailed at all? Remember that thing which, last time, only a random leak of information saved many of us from ACTUALLY BUYING THE GAME ON THE BELIEF THAT THE EDITOR ACTUALLY SUPPORTED MULTIPLAYER?

Yeah, that thing--the map editor we all want to be good (I won't say 'again' because it was never good, only passable) is a total afterthought.
You can screenshot this post because I'm prophesying now that the map editor+whatever game mode it supports is going to suck.
-It's going to disappoint us all once again.
-It won't be supported post-launch, but there will likely be promises thereof.
-They haven't, don't, and will not listen to any feedback, no matter how many stickied threads there are, our suggestions, requests, praise or criticisms will be shoveled into the trash can.
-No buts, don't argue, deep down we all know that if they even bother to have a map editor, somehow, some way, it's going to just plain suck.

Wanna know why I was ever here? Because FC2's editor+MP was just barely playable, and I hoped they could improve upon it.
Wanna know why I haven't been here for a long time? Because I was wrong about them ever improving upon it.
Wanna know why I'm here now? Because these forums read like people have forgotten the last decade of this franchise.
Let's not forget that I started with FC2, some of y'all started with the original Xbox ones. I played FC:IP and even going "back", I could see that FC2 lost some features from that.

I'm not trying to be insulting or pessimistic.
Remember I said I'm cynical? Look up the difference between cynical and pessimistic.
This prediction is the optimistic outcome of my cynical view. Ubisoft's intentions and interests have never been to support the map editor in any way. The moment they confirmed the editor will likely be the high-point for our enjoyment of it. They way they've structured their showcasing and advertisement should be enough to make that very clear.

Lastly, I'm not trying to be arrogant when I say that I'm right, but you damn-well know it.
I like being wrong. When I'm wrong, things turn out great, even for me. In this case I want to be wrong.
If I am wrong, I'll gladly eat these words and come play with y'all...

But I am seldom wrong.

Your not being cynical man, nor pessimistic if some people read it that way. I had the opportunity to be in a podcast the other day and we discussed this vary topic. There is so much room for concern right now and it's because of the history with ubisoft. I can't vouch for everyone but I know most of us remember what happened to fc3/4. I remember the huge backlash fc4 got after it was released and hell some websites even reported on it. This is in no way the community's fault either. The fc4 forums closely resembled the state of these forums today. We had lists and recommendations towards possible improvements on the editor which seemed to be only ignored by the end.

I mentioned in the podcast that the community has been dragged through the mud which wasn't an understatement. We have been through a lot man.
Most of us are being optomistic about the next installment because they seem to be making an effort this time around. They're more involved in these forums and the name drop in the stream was a nice surprise :) Though, I can't say that their reluctance to give us a bit more to work with is the right approach because it only breads speculation and similar concerns to fc4. We have seen this done before and it didn't end well for the community.

Also for a marketing campaign that's devoid of any editor/ multiplayer news is strange due to these aspects supposedly playing a major part in the next installment. If they were selling the game as more than a singleplayer experience it would most definitely include what the community is mainly based around right?

From what I gather, there is an editor, that's for certain. There is a multiplayer to some degree, if its more like fc3 or fc2 is up for debate. Other than that we are left in the dark. Being cynical maybe isn't the write word man. It's more like being careful of letting the past repeat itself or just being letdown.

But I digress man, I'm hopeful for what they give us. We have had three contests over the past months and generally good communication with the admins/ devs here in the forums. They even said that info is on its way and just for us to hold out a bit longer.
Things are looking up because otherwise why else would they spend the time to make an effort? That's why we bother to speculate man and that's why we are back here on these forums. Don't worry about being worried or cynical because it's something ubisoft should expect to come out of us. We were for the most part dumped in the mud and left for dead. It's not up to us to make things better, it's up to the new dev team. They inherited the past mistakes which is crappy because it probably wasn't their own fault. Since they have the power to make things right all eyes are on them.

Now we just have to wait and see. Like you said, you could be right or wrong ;)

usmovers_02
02-02-2018, 12:03 AM
So I'm just saying this- It's different this time. There's a lot of cynical posts in here (and if you remember me from the FC4 launch, you'll know I'm certainly capable of it too), So I just wanted to step in and remind us all of the facts. Cool your jets and wait. Let them have the chance to do something special, or criticize them for not learning a damn thing if they dont.

But it's just not different this time. There are 2 things they've done right this time that they didn't do in the past that are VERY appreciated: 1) They told us it had a map editor immediately and 2) The mods are actually responding to us fairly regularly even if its only to tell us they can't tell us anything.

Everything else has been the same BS from before FC2.

We don't know a damned thing about the editor or the MP and release is just around the corner. There is absolutely no reason to believe things will be better this time. And almost exactly like with the no vehicles announcement pre-FC3 we have another bit of very unpopular information (5v5 or 6v6) that they refuse to even comment on.

You may have some kind of information we don't based on your NDA and your conversations with them but I had information given to me pre-FC3 as well (someone who knew someone who's information all ended up being completely accurate. I wouldn't believe me either). The information that I was given painted a promising picture for FC3 but we all know how that turned out. Also, I don't remember exactly who it was but a prominent forum member (Dapper hayden or something like that) got an invite from Ubisoft to use the editor for either FC3 or 4 and they came back telling us how amazing everything was going to be and that we should put our worries to rest. Whelp, that turned out to be wrong. Not saying that member deliberately mislead us, I'm sure everything they were shown just seemed amazing at the time. But the finished product absolutely sucked.

So I don't know if you know something we don't or not but I do know this: It's not different this time. It's almost exactly the same and Ubisoft doesn't actually care at all.

Viragoxv535
02-02-2018, 12:45 AM
Also, I don't remember exactly who it was but a prominent forum member (Dapper hayden or something like that) got an invite from Ubisoft to use the editor for either FC3 or 4 and they came back telling us how amazing everything was going to be and that we should put our worries to rest. Whelp, that turned out to be wrong. Not saying that member deliberately mislead us, I'm sure everything they were shown just seemed amazing at the time. But the finished product absolutely sucked.

It's unconscious bribery: you're unwilling to say something that could denigrate the party who you feel beholden to.

DapperHayden007
02-02-2018, 02:26 PM
(Dapper hayden or something like that) got an invite from Ubisoft to use the editor for either FC3 or 4 and they came back telling us how amazing everything was going to be and that we should put our worries to rest. Whelp, that turned out to be wrong. Not saying that member deliberately mislead us, I'm sure everything they were shown just seemed amazing at the time. But the finished product absolutely sucked.

You seem to forget that people are entitled to an opinion. I enjoy the FC4 editor, doesnt mean everyone else will also. If it wasn't for you then it wasnt for you, doesnt make me a liar, i never mentioned the fact it doesnt have MP map making, all i knew at the time is what i was building with was enjoyable and easy, and a 100% improvement over FC3's IMO

Also i never said not to worry, i wont disclose who did say that either.

legacyzero
02-02-2018, 07:09 PM
You seem to forget that people are entitled to an opinion. I enjoy the FC4 editor, doesnt mean everyone else will also. If it wasn't for you then it wasnt for you, doesnt make me a liar, i never mentioned the fact it doesnt have MP map making, all i knew at the time is what i was building with was enjoyable and easy, and a 100% improvement over FC3's IMO

Also i never said not to worry, i wont disclose who did say that either.

I think this is fair. Itís auite ok to like something, and itís ok to not like it too. The Far Cry 4 Editor was great. It was just hard to be excited about it when adversarial MP was not present.

It I donít think anyone should disrespect you for liking it, not should they disrespect you for attending that session in Montreal, either. I was guilty of this at FC4ís launch, but I was also being an idiot lol.

usmovers_02
02-03-2018, 07:08 PM
I wasn't implying you lied but I can see how you might interpret my post that way. I definitely don't believe you lied about anything. The point I was trying to make, and may have failed to do so, was that opinions locked behind NDAs simply aren't good enough. Legacy Zero is trying to put our fears at ease but that seems to be based on something he can't say due to an NDA and a few conversations he had with developers. I hope to ****ing god he's right and we're finally going to get the features we've been asking for. I don't remember specifically the things you said before the game came out all those years ago but it was certainly enough to get me excited. I don't blame you at all for me being let down. That's a combination of Ubi's fault for blowing the game and my fault for probably reading into things you weren't actually saying.

We've been here before. NDAs, no info, signs of questionable decisions, an imminent release. This is just baffling. How how HOW have they not put forth any real effort to fix these recurring issues? It's game after game after game and the result is always the same: an AMAZING editor hampered severely by abysmal decision making.

Imaganos
02-06-2018, 10:12 PM
Same old song and dance - every game - delay the bad news till the last moment to avoid poor reviews and game pre orders...been this way for quite a while and its nothing we all have not seen or experienced here before...Expect the worst but hope for the best. Nothing will be as good as FC2.

cre8nhavoc
02-12-2018, 05:13 PM
I hope that we get the complexity of what we had with the Far Cry 4 editor but I really do hope to get the multiplayer abilities like we had with Far Cry 1&2. I used to build some of the best maps for that one (actually led me to running the Far Cry tournament for Ubi in the World Series of Video Games quite a few years back in Louisville, KY), and I always had a solid following of players that were able to fill a lobby for a great experience. Thatís all Iím concerned about, being able to play custom maps with public and/or friendly players, and getting the opportunity to play other user-made map designs. I was really shocked with the removal of MP game mode options in the 4th installment and keeping it strictly to co-op/AI based.

usmovers_02
02-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Just over a month to go... 10 billion SP trailers that say the same exact thing... 0 MP or ME trailers. Same old song and dance. Looks like I'll be saving $60.

usmovers_02
02-13-2018, 04:43 AM
Honestly at this point I'll be anything that if they remaster FC2 they'll add their own lobby system rather than the one that's already there.

belouadahsakher
02-14-2018, 10:51 AM
I cancelled my Gold edition pre-order, I thought by now we will have more information or at least a trailer featuring map editor and PVP. And still visiting this forum multiple times every single day for a hint.

Manlius10A
02-15-2018, 06:54 PM
It has been a long time since I have posted in these forums, but as the launch of Far Cry 5 gets closer and closer, I more frequently check to see if there is any news on the map editor. I never pre-order games, and I would advise everyone to also refrain from pre-ordering. The lack of information seems to be on-course with Ubisoft's previous (and not great) track record.

That being said, I do believe there is more hope this time around because of Ubisoft's universal plan to games-as-a-service. I know this phrase send shivers down a gamer's spine, and I usually agree. However, in context of Far Cry 5 having a map editor, I think this is a fantastic news. What can provide greater longevity for a game than a multiplayer map editor? I know if they get the public lobby system right, then I would be willing to buy map-editor expansions (textures, objects, biomes, etc.). And trust me, in general, I am even less likely to buy microtransactions than I am to pre-order a game. But if this was the case, I would make an exception, as I think many others on this board would. I hope that the developers and publishers also see this revenue source.

For better or for worse, it wouldn't surprise me if Ubisoft is following the development cycle of GTA V. First focusing on singleplayer, but later providing a robust multiplayer with modding capabilities. Because lets be honest what publisher wouldn't want a fraction of GTA V's success?

For these reasons, I am tentatively hopeful. Perhaps Ubisoft is not looking at the map editor as an after thought, but as the ultimate trump card to develop Far Cry 5 into a service.

usmovers_02
02-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Because lets be honest what publisher wouldn't want a fraction of GTA V's success?

Ubisoft. Ubisoft has absolutely no interest in allowing Far Cry to achieve the success it deserves and they've shown this game after game now. It's the only explanation left because if they actually gave us what we wanted they could have a wildly popular MP aspect in their wildly popular SP game. The combo would make the game as popular as any of the heavy hitters. But Ubisoft has absolutely no interest in making that much money or they would have done it.

Ubisofts one and only goal is simple: Screw over the gamer. Show just enough promise to make people really believe and then smash their hopes. Really the higher ups pretty much hate us. I'm sure the average employee at Ubi really wants to make the best game possible but the real decision makers will make absolutely sure we NEVER get the game we really want.

I don't actually believe ANY of that but seriously... to those responsible for making FC MP/ME and marketing decisions... please, PLEASE go away. Find another career.

Viragoxv535
02-16-2018, 11:33 AM
It's not that they do not want the success but that they decide according to budget and time at their disposal, updating the engine to fit a better MP experience is probably not their goal at the moment or they simply want to squeeze out the last drop off of the engine until it becomes obsolete or to shift more focus on the MP department and spend many resources on updating the engine.
It all started when FC2 did not sell as expected, so they made changes to the engine and someone decided that a user-centered server was more profitable so that they didn't have to maintain most of the servers themselves.
Sooner or later the engine will start to show its age and at that point they would have no choice but to update it; if it's not for the 6th it'll certainly be something to do before the 7th installment.

usmovers_02
02-17-2018, 02:09 AM
The things we're asking for don't require a new or even an updated engine. It requires a simple lobby interface and some bare bones game modes that have been around since the 90s. Heck, if I recall correctly FC2 and FCIP were peer to peer so Ubisoft didn't really have to worry too much about their own servers. I just can't see budget being a reason we don't have the features we've been asking for.

DeeKayEm2
02-18-2018, 03:52 PM
I only want the coop feature like in FC4, so I can build mini games creatively to play with friends against AI like in the campaign. I'm not interested in pvp stuff, dancing around, hoping and skipping with other players in a boring die respawn cycle. Far too much lag due to too many players overloading my bandwidth, resulting in bullcrap deaths where I died one second ago while I'm still shooting a bullet sponge thinking I have a fair chance.

Just having two players against AI keeps things tight and responsive, plus the AI in the FC4 map editor are just as smart as the campaign AI, so you get a challenging fight that varies. You can do a lot with coop map making. Unlimited ideas for games. Some of my ideas appear to be in Far Cry 5, GR Wildlands and AC Origins, so I'm thinking UbIsoft use the FC4 map editor as a research tool to harvest new creative ideas. It pays them to keep it alive. It's quite scary when your playing a new Ubisoft game and suddenly come face to face with some unique thing you created in a FC4 map. It's like seeing your face in a game and thinking is that real or am I just being paranoid.

Example: Putting a grapple on the triangular radio mast and walking up the flat side towards the top was an idea I used in DesertResearchLab4 where it allows you to leap to a zip line and gives a very unique visual effect that looks cool. It's in a FC5 trailer and friends recognised it straight away. Maybe it's just that the radio mast exists and its just a matter of time before people stick a grapple on it and walk up the side. It just seems strange they have existed for ages with no-one doing it, then I suddenly see it in their new game trailer right after I used it in the FC4 editor. Paranoid or true true, they are welcome to it as a gift for giving me such a powerful map editing tool to make unlimited games for free. No other game has ever done this on console and it's still the defining feature of the PS4 gen.

DeeKayEm2
02-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Ubisoft always leave the map editor announcement details right up to the very end, within days of the launch. They know how sensitive the info is because they normally cannot please everyone, so they concentrate on hyping the campaign to get maximum sales first. You can't really blame them but it's really frustrating.

I think Ubisoft should just split it off into a separate product called Far Cry Worlds where players have a huge variety of tools and assets to create solo, coop and multiplayer maps within a massive community. It would be the ultimate game as a service model because they could sell themed map packs containing extra assets. Such as a tropical island map pack, WW2 map pack, Stone Age map pack, Sci-fi map pack, Aztec map pack, Steam punk map pack or Egyptian map pack. Endless scope.

Gamers would need to buy those packs to create or play maps tagged as created by those map packs. The map download area could be player specific in what it displays. You only see maps for download that have the assets you have on your machine. But there will be a notice telling you that there are more out there if you buy the relevant map packs. Example: Do you want to play some Egyptian maps, there is an Egypt map pack you can buy.

What I like about this concept vs the typical loot box micro-transaction scam is that it's honest and scaleable. The gamer takes it as far as he or she wants. You can buy no packs and still have a lot of fun making and playing basic maps, or take it further and create specialised maps by buying additional content. Example: If you don't like steam punk games, you don't buy the steam punk map pack to create or play those maps. It works and it's fair with no predatory abuse.

It would be a success if marketed right with sufficient tutorials to educate the players. Most of the advanced stuff I'm doing in the FC4 map editor has been self taught with no info available for noobs about how to use some of the more complex tools or how they can be used creatively. Most people are creative and hungry for it, but very few games really tap into it. Although I have a graphics design and computer science background, that's not necessary because talent and creativity is all relative. You don't have to be super creative. You can enjoy the creative process with just basic creativity or take it as far as you want to go. It's scaleable. Just like playing guitar. You can learn to play like Hank Marvin or learn to play like Joe Satriani. You get fun whatever level you are on.

Obviously the maps most people play will be the most creative ones if there is a proper rating system. The one in FC4 is totally useless. We have great maps no-one knows about with a 1 star rating that took months to create, and crap 5 star maps that took 10 minutes to build because some school kid asked his mates to stick a like on it. That needs sorting. Maybe if it was a stand alone product, Ubisoft could afford to employ people to evaluate the maps if they met a certain criteria and rate them properly.

VnR-Popey
02-18-2018, 07:44 PM
One of the best comments I have ever seen

DEATHWEAPONxx
02-19-2018, 03:43 AM
Look I just want to sculpt objects and have people kill each other around them ..... oh and have a lobby system where 12 of us liked mind individual strangers can all have mayhem fun.

AlexoEx0
02-19-2018, 07:51 PM
usmovers_02 (https://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1333420-usmovers_02) " The combo would make the game as popular as any of the heavy hitters. But Ubisoft has absolutely no interest in making that much money or they would have done it."

I think it just comes down to the fact that they know if the community is developing the content within the editor and giving the game much further longevity without the need for additional purchases, then they would be agaisnt it. They could additional content in the editor itself through things like textures and objects but the problem with that is that you are basically at a certain point when this kind of stuff is made available then they are letting the community design desihn the game itself, at least in the multiplayer context.

We all just want similar to what we received in FC2 and I too am increasingly worried that we are going to get let down once again due to the lack of news, trailers or any information whatsoever being released on the editor.

usmovers_02
02-20-2018, 04:18 AM
Oh yeah I absolutely believe this to be true. After FC4 I actually expected them to cut the editor completely and start charging for map packs but I wouldn't at ALL be surprised if they gimped the editor in 5 so much that they'll be able to charge for map packs.

akilyoung
02-20-2018, 03:51 PM
We at battlemap.net actually laid out this very idea years ago, and not only talked with Ubi about it, but proposed it to other developers too...

Farcryisdead
02-20-2018, 04:22 PM
I dont think it will be too much longer before we get map editor details. days not weeks imo.

Viragoxv535
02-20-2018, 08:40 PM
No way story mode is worth $60 either. To boring and repetitive.

I'm with you on that. But 2 and 3 are fun.

T0ASTMAN
02-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Im a huge fan of of th espirit of Far Crys' map editor. Been around since Insticnts on OG Xbox. Helped form communities around the thing. After FC 2, Ubisoft really squandered the multilayer suite of FC. I haven't been back since. Please dont suck FC5. Glad to hear its no SP/COOP only. Great start. 6v6 is good. Easier to fill rooms. Now compete with Halo 5s scripting and custom games tools and you'll have a winner!

legacyzero
02-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Probably March 26. Day before release. Just holding us map makers back from pre-orders. Yeah be nice to have digital pre-order downloaded before the day of. But i'm not gonna take the chance of getting robbed again. It be nice to know entire scoop of multiplayer. Took them months to leak out it was 6vs6. hahahhaah Since they had it different for XBOX1. Showed 5vs5 for the longest time. Till I mentioned i'm not buying 5vs5 let alone not knowing about the lobby system of hosting. Then others stated PS3 Europe store was 6vs6. Then after a while XBOX1 store was updated to 6vs6. Still no current news for multiplayer. Yet we know about the season pass already. I watched plenty of youtube clips ripping UBISOFT pretty good last few days. Johnny2fingers,locust and Legacy zero had some nice videos telling our repeated story of how quickly the map editor community got the shaft after FARCRY2 sexy lobby system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1GEN947-CE&t=1152s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gxLGRjsO2U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbWXLCBMBU&t=65s

I was wondering why my video got a view spike lol. Thanks! :D

Fallen-Champ
02-21-2018, 11:39 PM
Been around since Insticnts on OG Xbox. Helped form communities around the thing.
I still didn't get around to checking out Forge, jumped into the campaign and gave up with the last Halo.
Another thing was the controls, that was difficult trying to play that way after a big break, I did get the Master Chief collection again so will have to convert sometime to play that again.

Will be good to catch up with you guys, My XB1 is still waiting, hardly used it but plan on that platform been the one of choice for me if a lot of the old players from Instincts and FC2 return.

usmovers_02
02-22-2018, 02:45 AM
Forge is spectacular. However it suffers the same issue as FC3: No realistic way to host your maps without just inviting friends.