PDA

View Full Version : Will peacekeeper also get a rework?

Eyyupyeser95
01-04-2018, 11:24 AM
I mean there is a shaman who is literally a better peacekeeper so will pk also get a rework

BarbeQMichael
01-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Pk still being s-tier probably will be among the last to get it, but I guess they will rework all the old ones to match new ones

Charmzzz
01-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Pk still being s-tier probably will be among the last to get it, but I guess they will rework all the old ones to match new ones

You speaking of Console? Or PC low skill ratings? Because where I am playing (PC - high skill tier) PK is A-B Tier (A in Duels, B in Dominion). PK has no opener move. If the opponent constantly blocks his right side - PK literally has nothing to offer anymore. Zone is the only tool that keeps her from trash tier, even more after they broke her whole soft-feint-mixup game by removing timesnap (I reported that in Forum and via ticket 3 months ago, nothing happened...).

Alustar.
01-04-2018, 11:54 AM
As far as the info we've gotten the entire original roster will be getting a rework. However, as mentioned, I don't think she is high on the priority due to the focus being on moor needed heroes.

FredEx919
01-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone, I don't have the details of the reworks yet, but the fight team is on top of things. I'm looking forward to getting some more info out there for everyone!

Zhaxean
01-24-2018, 11:29 PM
Hey everyone, I don't have the details of the reworks yet, but the fight team is on top of things. I'm looking forward to getting some more info out there for everyone!

So, did anything come up? Last warrior's den didn't say anything about her

Sauronbaine
01-25-2018, 12:13 AM
You speaking of Console? Or PC low skill ratings? Because where I am playing (PC - high skill tier) PK is A-B Tier (A in Duels, B in Dominion). PK has no opener move. If the opponent constantly blocks his right side - PK literally has nothing to offer anymore. Zone is the only tool that keeps her from trash tier, even more after they broke her whole soft-feint-mixup game by removing timesnap (I reported that in Forum and via ticket 3 months ago, nothing happened...).

Yea... um... no.

PK is still amazing with her light attack spam.

ArchDukeInstinct
01-25-2018, 05:32 AM
Yea... um... no.

Not really. Even on console Peacekeeper is hardly more threatening than the average class and parrying the lights is hard but very doable. You don't even really need to put up with light spam if you just position yourself right and keep enough distance to be out of their range but within range for your attacks to land (though this isn't applicable for every class). I don't even see PKs that often anymore but when I do they elicit virtually 0 concern.

BTTrinity
01-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Yea... um... no.

eh, not really... Ive gotten to the point where I parry PK lightspam

Charmzzz
01-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Yea... um... no.

Aramusha laughs about PK "light spam". Also Orochi, Shinobi and Shaman get guaranteed double hits from one 500ms light. PK "light spam" is actually bottom tier if you compare it to the other Assassins.

ChampionRuby50g
01-25-2018, 04:39 PM
Aramusha laughs about PK "light spam". Also Orochi, Shinobi and Shaman get guaranteed double hits from one 500ms light. PK "light spam" is actually bottom tier if you compare it to the other Assassins.

I would disagree on PKs light spam been bottom tier compared to some of those heroes.
Orochis confirmed double light only comes from the top, and while it does deal decent damage itís pretty predictable and telegraphed. It is also slower than PKs first light attack by 100ms. His side lights are just easy parries.
Shamans lights, while 2nd is confirmed from any direction deals less damage overall than PKs if her 2nd light connects.
PKs lights are also not as clearly telegraphed as these other heroes, and is more of a stabbing motion on her 2nd which makes it substantially more difficult to read and react too. Thereís more to attacks than just speed values.

DoctorMcBatman
01-25-2018, 05:33 PM
I'm a decent PK (I think). Against a knowledgeble turtle vanguard/heavy, PK does not have a lot of options. Especially if the enemy is quite good (consistent CBing, not falling for feints, etc.).

Zhaxean
01-26-2018, 09:50 PM

SPEED

Pk basic light= 500 ms
Pk combo light= 400 ms (virtually guaranteed)

Shinobi basic light= 500 ms + guaranteed 200 ms in the same direction

Aramusha basic light= 500 ms
Aramusha combo light= 400 ms if top, 500 ms if side

Orochi basic light= 500 ms + guaranteed 200 ms

Shaman basic light= 500 ms + 300 ms

DAMAGE

Pk basic light= 17 damages
Pk combo light= 15 damages
Total= 32 damages

Shinobi basic light= 14 damages + 10 guaranteed damages
Total= 24 damages

Aramusha basic light= 15 damages
Aramusha combo light= 12 damages if top, 17 damages if side
Total= 27 damages // 32 damages

Orochi basic light= 17 damages + 15 damages
Total= 32 damages

Shaman basic light= 10 damages + 5 damages
Total= 15 damages

So, the highest damages are those from PK, Aramusha and Orochi. Aramusha can only spam if it switches direction from top to side and vice versa; Orochi can only do that from the top, otherwise he gets a 600 ms light which is easy parry; PK just has to get a light and she will hit you with a light in another direction, whatever she wants, and hit you with 32 damages

ArchDukeInstinct
01-27-2018, 05:34 AM
Basically how this forum works with regards to fast light attacks is that it's only a problem when PK has them and it magically becomes garbage for anyone else with them.

Zhaxean
01-30-2018, 03:57 PM
Basically how this forum works with regards to fast light attacks is that it's only a problem when PK has them and it magically becomes garbage for anyone else with them.

The problem with PK is not only with her lights. She has an insane amount of damage out of every situation. Her GB+ stabs is 38 damage, almost as much a Warden top heavy (but he actually has to play it smart to land it), her wall punish is gb+ double stab+ throw+ wallsplat+ heavy with bleed followup= 68 damages. That's freakin' insane, no character has such a high punish. And we're not even talking about her max oos punish, which is double stab + throw + light + heavy with bleed followup = 82 damage. The only character that has a higher punish is Berserker.
She also has the best zone attack in the game which is 400 ms (already fast), reduced to 280-300 ms from timesnap removal. You can't even try to parry her lights because they be using a heavy, and those attacks have almost the same animation, and if you try to parry her heavies she can just soft feint in a light or a gb. And if she lands a heavy, the damage with the bleed followup is 48 damage, more than a Raider top heavy.
She forces you to play extreme turtling while still not being able to try anything to touch her, otherwise you risk an extremely high punish or high damages from even trying. She's just wrong, and needs a complete rework in order to make her a character and not a pain in the ***.
Not even Shaman has her damages, and she's still one of the best chars in the game.

Jiblet2017
01-30-2018, 06:56 PM
The problem with PK is not only with her lights. She has an insane amount of damage out of every situation. Her GB+ stabs is 38 damage, almost as much a Warden top heavy (but he actually has to play it smart to land it), her wall punish is gb+ double stab+ throw+ wallsplat+ heavy with bleed followup= 68 damages. That's freakin' insane, no character has such a high punish. And we're not even talking about her max oos punish, which is double stab + throw + light + heavy with bleed followup = 82 damage. The only character that has a higher punish is Berserker.
She also has the best zone attack in the game which is 400 ms (already fast), reduced to 280-300 ms from timesnap removal. You can't even try to parry her lights because they be using a heavy, and those attacks have almost the same animation, and if you try to parry her heavies she can just soft feint in a light or a gb. And if she lands a heavy, the damage with the bleed followup is 48 damage, more than a Raider top heavy.
She forces you to play extreme turtling while still not being able to try anything to touch her, otherwise you risk an extremely high punish or high damages from even trying. She's just wrong, and needs a complete rework in order to make her a character and not a pain in the ***.
Not even Shaman has her damages, and she's still one of the best chars in the game.

I definitely agree that PK has a strong kit. However partying her lights is definitely doable (on pc I have my first or second light parried all of the time). Her soft feint and zone are also strong but the 4 things that helped me deal with them are:

1.Heavy into light - the light can only come out from the same direction as the feinted heavy.

2.Heavy into GB - the heavy must be feinted very early into the animation. Once the sword starts moving forward it is too late to soft feint (even into a light). Therefore, when she extends he sword-watch for a feint. When it starts moving forward (past her shoulder or torso) get ready to parry that softball heavy.

3. She can't soft feint heavies that are the second part of a chain.

4. Guard right as a default for the zone and react to everyrhing else.

Obviously she could hard feint the attacks mentioned above - but then simply react like you would to any other character (feint your parry attempt and respond. Granted, I play on pc so it might be a bit easier than on consol.

The real issue i have with her is her health pool. With thick skin and solid evasion to take advantage of the CD, she is deceptively tanky.

Regulai
01-30-2018, 09:42 PM
I'd say wait for parry changes. Unless they keep GB, then they will change a lot more then people are anticipating, suddenly numerous attack options become much more viable (most characters will have more potential openers) and certain turrtling strategies become much weaker and the entire play strategy of half the cast will be radically different.

Zhaxean
02-01-2018, 07:23 PM
I'd say wait for parry changes. Unless they keep GB, then they will change a lot more then people are anticipating, suddenly numerous attack options become much more viable (most characters will have more potential openers) and certain turrtling strategies become much weaker and the entire play strategy of half the cast will be radically different.

I'm worried about Centurion
Not having a GB after a parry will make him almost useless

BarbeQMichael
02-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I'm worried about Centurion
Not having a GB after a parry will make him almost useless

Hardly useless, he still has fastest lights and heavies in game which makes him top tier. Add to that that you only need to miss a certain heavy parry and you just lost half your hp. Miss the parry or cgb again and you will die. No other hero has such high punish for those mechanics.

Zhaxean
02-06-2018, 11:25 PM
Hardly useless, he still has fastest lights and heavies in game which makes him top tier. Add to that that you only need to miss a certain heavy parry and you just lost half your hp. Miss the parry or cgb again and you will die. No other hero has such high punish for those mechanics.

Yeah I've seen the twitch stream and in fact it seems like the Cent will gain a good advantage out of this
He still will be turtle however
Also Aramusha will have a free heavy (just top) from a heavy parry