PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Animus plot hole

CornerFall92672
01-04-2018, 04:14 AM
I've recently discovered a plot hole in the Assassin's Creed story making that I can't quite figure out. So the belief is that memories are embedded and passed down in our DNA. But look at Altair or Ezio. They're memories go back to AFTER they had children. The flaw is that they would only be able to find DNA up until his last child is born. Or at least up until the subject direct descendant is born. The memories would only be imprinted up until that point. It may be possible to still find memories of him after the child's birth, but only through the eyes of the child. And yet in Assassin's Creed Revelations, the memories go back until Altair and Ezio die. It's possible that it only worked because Desmond was in the black room of the Animus and this somehow triggered a bleeding effect for him to follow. Or it could also be that none of it was real, and only existed in Desmond's head. But it still isn't possible because in Assassin's Creed Black Flag, while the story ends with Edward Kenway having a family, you still control Kenway during the credits, and not his son or daughter who are present on your ship. This would only be workable if Kenway had a third child and being that the DNA memories for Connor and Edward Kenway (we find this out through offic notes in AC4) were pulled from Desmond's body, would only be possible through direct incest, most liekely intentional incest due to the 4-7 generation gap between Edward Kenway and Desmond Miles. The series does however, stick to this in the 3rd Assassin's Creed, where you play as Haytham Kenway until Connor's mother is impregnated by Haytham. My question, is how the memories are retrievable uo until the point of death if there was no descendant afterwards. The plot hole is largely present in that the memories could not be imbedded in the DNA after the child is born. If anyone could explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Mr_Stunner
01-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I've recently discovered a plot hole in the Assassin's Creed story making that I can't quite figure out. So the belief is that memories are embedded and passed down in our DNA. But look at Altair or Ezio. They're memories go back to AFTER they had children. The flaw is that they would only be able to find DNA up until his last child is born. Or at least up until the subject direct descendant is born. The memories would only be imprinted up until that point. It may be possible to still find memories of him after the child's birth, but only through the eyes of the child. And yet in Assassin's Creed Revelations, the memories go back until Altair and Ezio die. It's possible that it only worked because Desmond was in the black room of the Animus and this somehow triggered a bleeding effect for him to follow. Or it could also be that none of it was real, and only existed in Desmond's head. But it still isn't possible because in Assassin's Creed Black Flag, while the story ends with Edward Kenway having a family, you still control Kenway during the credits, and not his son or daughter who are present on your ship. This would only be workable if Kenway had a third child and being that the DNA memories for Connor and Edward Kenway (we find this out through offic notes in AC4) were pulled from Desmond's body, would only be possible through direct incest, most liekely intentional incest due to the 4-7 generation gap between Edward Kenway and Desmond Miles. The series does however, stick to this in the 3rd Assassin's Creed, where you play as Haytham Kenway until Connor's mother is impregnated by Haytham. My question, is how the memories are retrievable uo until the point of death if there was no descendant afterwards. The plot hole is largely present in that the memories could not be imbedded in the DNA after the child is born. If anyone could explain this to me, it would be greatly appreciated!

That's not true at all, you see Altair dying because he saved his memories on those First Civilization Memory Disks and Ezio saw his post-children events through that, to back it up there is a scene in AC II where Altair and Maria make love on the top of a tower and Desmond (under the bleeding effect) stays within Maria when Altair does the leap of faith, implying she got pregnant. You don't see Ezio dying in AC Revelations and we know he had children after the events of Revelations. On the ending of AC Black Flag is not clear if the ending scene is seen through Haytham or Edward eyes, either way I believe that it was just an art choice to show the scene like that. And lastly I don't remember playing Haytham on AC III while Connor's mother was pregnant...