PDA

View Full Version : Shares and hostile takeovers

stylisticsagi
01-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Hostile takeovers had their first appearance in 1404 the venice addon.
How do you feel about them and in what form should they return?

I myself liked the hostile takeover but i really enjoyed it in 2070 where councel seats (or shares) also gave you a passive income based on the island worth.
Come to think of it 2070 system was next to perfect.

The thing wich would be nice tough is to disable the cooldowns for buying own shares and greatly reduce the cooldown time to buy others.
I think around 5 minutes before aquiring another share would be good.

Not sure about this but perhaps it is also an idea that apart from shares if you do buy an island over, the player who lost the island should get (a part) of the money.

Another thing wich could be cool but this is entirly optional.
What if the appearance of some buildings or perhaps availability of some buildings depends on how many shares are taken.
For example you could build a council house from the moment 4of5 shares are owned wich then increased the price of shares or hostile takeovers or perhaps increase share profits.

Anyways what do you guys think about this topic and would you like to see it returning?

Nox_29
01-03-2018, 06:24 PM
I personally didn't like hostile takover at all. I always disabled that feature in 1404 because I just got really annoyed by it. I always had to pump massive amounts of money into rebuying the shares that someone bought from my island. And the money that you put into it just seemed to disappear. You gained nothing from it but a share of the island, which would get bought back by the opposing player in a few minutes anyway. But I never fully understood the function and purpose of the feature.

I know that there has been some talks about it in Union blogs and that it's going to be more complicated than it was back then. Since they are going to make it a main feature in 1800 I guess the option to disable it won't be there anymore. So that's why I want them to do more with it. If I have to lose half of my budget every hour because my enemy keeps buying shares but is too scared to start a war with me, then I want at least something to happen with that money.

Does anyone understand or share my opinion on this? And how will or could hostile takeover be different in 1800 compared to the previous Anno games?

Also a question I asked myself often when I got annoyed by hostile takeover: Isn't trying to buy my island of me without permission kind of declaring war on me? Again, I never really understood the meaning and purpose of the hostile takover feature.

stylisticsagi
01-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Well the purpose of hostile takeover is to introduce economic warfare over standard warfare. and this is an economic game so it'pretty obvious what it's purpose is.

I actually missed the dev's info over hostile takeover so if you could find the article be free to post a link.
All the other stuff you say i completly agree on especially on where the money goes to.

Nox_29
01-04-2018, 11:04 AM
It was discussed in the 2nd part of the Art of War blog.
https://www.anno-union.com/en/deblog-the-art-of-war-ii/

stylisticsagi
01-04-2018, 09:57 PM
ow yes i did read that i forgot about it XD.
Well it sounds like a thing for sp tough but not an option at all for multiplayer.
Another thing wich came into my head.
Perhaps it would be a cool future if one can ask or offer to buy/sell an island both parties then need to come to an arrangement and the island and money could be transfered.
This would offcourse bypass the entire councel and have no effect on council seats.

Nox_29
01-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Maybe one could sell a share of an island to someone when in need of money. Buying a share from someone could mean that you then get a percentage of the income that that island makes. But this doesn't fit in the picture of defeating someone economically of course. It's more of an arrangement between players for mutual intrest.

stylisticsagi
01-05-2018, 10:49 AM
sounds great as well.
I'm very curious how they are going to implement it.
Because what they say in the article does not go over this at all it goes about what happens when an enemy is in imminent defeat.

iruet
01-12-2018, 12:15 AM
Pls make this a toggle-able function, I do not want to loose my progress when I am playing for myself... And if I do not mind losing progress and like the challenge I want a different game for that :)