PDA

View Full Version : Revive in 4 vs 4

ThomHermans1
01-03-2018, 01:44 AM
I think the revive in for honor is very very poorly implemented. It is almost impossible to win a 1 vs 3 match because the enemy can keep reviving their ally right next to you for full HP.

I think there should a revive block radius when there is an opposing team member nearby.
I also think its ridiculous that revive gives back full HP, at least make it half HP. I personally would go as far as to give 10 HP on revive and slowly regen to half HP.

And it also looks very awkward. There is no animation for reviving. A lot of times I react to late to an enemy reviving because it looks like he is just standing. This also happens when 2 guys are trying to revive and ally, Its not always clear who is doing the reviving because there is now animation.

I find it kinda strange that I see very little threads on this forum about the revive mechanic in this game. I see it as one of the biggest flaws. That is why I am interested what the For Honor community thinks.

Bl0wH4rd74728
01-03-2018, 03:11 AM
I do admit the idea for a revive animation is something that should already be in game. And I like the idea of giving the reanimated Hero half HP that way they are being "punished" for dying but then again you have to think about what if its on the breaking team. So it seems it could have its ups and downs

PDXGorechild
01-03-2018, 10:14 AM
I agree!

This is how i'd like to see revive changed:

1. Ubi fix the area around the player you can resurrect in. Sometimes it takes me 3/4 seconds to get in the right spot to start resurrecting, which has caused me to get jumped and die at times. Majorly annoying.
2. You can only be resurrected once per life/round. You also only come back with half health.
3. An animation is put in place whilst holding the button to resurrect, where your player will bend down and help the unconscious player up. This can only be interrupted during the first half of the animation, kinda like executions.

This would stop people exploiting as well. I've noticed an exploit in Tribute where we have been defending and one of our players has low health from an enemy attack. We just team kill him and resurrect for full health. Seems like this wasn't intended...

bob333e
01-03-2018, 06:47 PM
I think the revive in for honor is very very poorly implemented. It is almost impossible to win a 1 vs 3 match because the enemy can keep reviving their ally right next to you for full HP.

I think there should a revive block radius when there is an opposing team member nearby.
I also think its ridiculous that revive gives back full HP, at least make it half HP. I personally would go as far as to give 10 HP on revive and slowly regen to half HP.

And it also looks very awkward. There is no animation for reviving. A lot of times I react to late to an enemy reviving because it looks like he is just standing. This also happens when 2 guys are trying to revive and ally, Its not always clear who is doing the reviving because there is now animation.

Can't say I disagree. The revive mechanic in For Honor has been a straightforward lazy addition. Revive activation won't register until full body collision stops with the ground (i.e. corpse entirely stopped moving), there's no revival animation for the player doing the revive, and it can be abused in team game modes. Especially with feats that boost revive speed.

I do admit the idea for a revive animation is something that should already be in game. And I like the idea of giving the reanimated Hero half HP that way they are being "punished" for dying but then again you have to think about what if its on the breaking team. So it seems it could have its ups and downs

Yeah, I agree with both of you. There should be a revival animation/position for the player doing the revive, and it should be interruptible at all times, also the player doing the revive shouldn't be able to target-lock on an opponent.

I'm not too sure about half HP upon revival, this could be detrimental to a losing team as you said. Especially given that not all heroes have healing feats, and not everybody would have healing feats equipped. I'd rather they implement a 'revive cooldown'. If a player got revived, and died again within 2 minutes for example, they cannot be revived again and have to wait till respawn (when not in breaking). When in breaking, dying twice within 2 minutes results in permanent death, as if executed. Regardless whether hit by an opponent or an ally. And there should be a revival animation (like crouching and/or something like searching/looting the body for example), and the player performing a revive cannot target-lock during revive.

The cooldown should also apply only to PvP. In PvAI, there should be no revive cooldowns, so as to not hinder the Medic contract order which requires you to perform revives, should you need to do this order in PvAI. Bots won't play team modes like human players do anyway. Bots don't cheese and don't intentionally kill low-health teammates to then revive them at full HP. But the cooldown still applies on bots who replace human players in PvP.

David_gorda
01-03-2018, 06:52 PM
I agree that revive should have an animation like the character is on his Knees when reviving other then that i think revive is fine, its your job to interupt the person reviving.

bob333e
01-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Yeah. Something that makes the character sheathe the weapon, like when stealing/planting an offering in Tribute. And can't target-lock during that. It makes players invest in a revive rather than cheapening it out and using it for cheese.

Mini1900
01-03-2018, 08:51 PM
YES . YES and again YES.
Revive should have animation or at least u should be able see who is reviving. Revive shouldnt have full HP .. 10 hp and back to half is GREAT IDEA.

The only problem isee is the zone of revive becaus so actually when u see a person is reviving u can just run to him and cancel the revive which could be really annoying.

The problem is the hole game , i mean in every domini game i have to fight gangs like more than 10 times. Its just becaus the maps r too tightly and short and small ( i mean for domi )
They just could add D AND E to the zones and make it like 5v5 !!

bob333e
01-03-2018, 08:54 PM
The problem is the hole game , i mean in every domini game i have to fight gangs like more than 10 times. Its just becaus the maps r too tightly and short and small ( i mean for domi )
They just could add D AND E to the zones and make it like 5v5 !!

Precisely. Whole design of Dominion is botched overall. The maps do need to be bigger, enforcing conscious investment choices of either defending a zone, or traveling to another zone to capture it. And encouraging 2v1s at most. And it needs more minion than just on the lame zone B.

I don't believe HP regen upon revive is a solid idea. It would encourage turtling upon revive until the regen is finished. Also the regen could counter incoming chip damage or any damage taken, encouraging the player to flee after taking 1 hit. It kind of breaks team formation upon reviving. You're basically reviving someone just so he can flee.

Also consider AoE healing feats like the banner. Upon revive, revive regen + banner regen is a huge regen rate. Regen is always abusable. Especially in team game modes.

Alustar.
01-04-2018, 03:57 AM
I agree!

This is how i'd like to see revive changed:

1. Ubi fix the area around the player you can resurrect in. Sometimes it takes me 3/4 seconds to get in the right spot to start resurrecting, which has caused me to get jumped and die at times. Majorly annoying.
2. You can only be resurrected once per life/round. You also only come back with half health.
3. An animation is put in place whilst holding the button to resurrect, where your player will bend down and help the unconscious player up. This can only be interrupted during the first half of the animation, kinda like executions.

This would stop people exploiting as well. I've noticed an exploit in Tribute where we have been defending and one of our players has low health from an enemy attack. We just team kill him and resurrect for full health. Seems like this wasn't intended...

Yeah there needs to be some kind of restriction with how you can revive. Especially with that being an option from a team kill. It's easy for a well coordinated group to completely subvert having to deal with respawn timers.

I think either it would do it, either restrict the health on revive, or limit the amount of revives before a forced respawn wait.

ThomHermans1
01-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Should I add a poll to this thread?
Any suggestions?