PDA

View Full Version : Ranked Modes Dying

Bl0wH4rd74728
01-02-2018, 06:18 AM
I believe i finally understand why ranked mode is dead, or dying. There are unbelievably long wait times mainly just trying to find a match. Not to mention it lasts forever just got out of one that lasted over 40 min and in the end guess what!! I got 90 steel i know i know its crazy right?! I couldnt believe it myself 90 STEEL! For 40 min of gameplay this is laughable and very disappointing at the same time you know im having difficulty deciding whether i want to laugh, or cry. Im so tired of microtransactions and earning sooooo little of steel in matches and of you devs making the dlc characters overpowered in the beginning of the season so people will pay actual money to get ahold of them. I love this game truly i do there is nothing like it but you guys are running it into the ground and this ship is sinking fast. I hope you guys can save it in time. Good day.

Tyrjo
01-02-2018, 09:09 AM
It is indeed sad that the ranked game modes are dying before they even got out of beta. The dev team will have to find ways to get players to play it. Increasing the rewards is one way of doing it.

nufrancis
01-02-2018, 11:23 AM
Agreeeddd.

For Duel, I think because of the long wait for start and loonggg process until the tournament is finished were why this mode is dying. Please make ranked duel simple like Ranked Match in SFV, means normal duel that can give you rank.

For Dominion.... I dont know why, since its launch, I havent found even 1 match (Im in PS4 btw). I really want to play this mode because its in Realistic setting and the weird thing is, for this mode theres no Sticky forum for feedback. Usually UBI always create this for new modes released.

BarbeQMichael
01-02-2018, 12:00 PM
I like the ranked duel, if the game just finds enough players to start it. I believe it can be difficult if on PC there is less than 2k players on average playing, and I guess it is a small percentage who plays the ranked. Also, currently the tournament is always a four-player tournament, which means the qualifiers don't actually qualify anything, they are just 3 meaningless rounds because everyone gets to semifinals, and the winners of those 2 semis go to finals.

Apelox
01-02-2018, 01:22 PM
I totally agree with normal ranked duels. It would be much better and much attractive for players.

bananaflow2017
01-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I think this is because this game becomes really cheesy. The more u want to win, the more the „ tryhard cheese mode“ is on.
In 4v4 there is allways 1 lb in each team with grenade feats, raider for stampede and Zone dmg, the other 2 are usually strong dps who can profit of the others cc.

1v1 is basicly the same without feats. Everybody wants to bait the parry and punish the **** pur of the enemy.

SammyCannon
01-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Keep tournament and add ranked singel dual.
For 4v4 maybe remove festa?
I would atleast like an option to play dominion without feats and armor stats. Dont like the realistic mode without indicators.

Baggin_
01-02-2018, 06:44 PM
It would be nice in ranked duel to have the option of spectating the other player duel when yours is finished. Looking at the menus isn't very exciting.

bob333e
01-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Speaking of ranks, what's the use of those rank badges anyway? it's just for showoff and boasting. They literally have zero utility, you grinded hard for them only to boast that you're Diamond II or something? plus they won't show outside the Ranked Mode. This is a waste in my opinion. The higher your rank badge, the more rewards you should get. More Steel and XP for example.

Dark Souls II, in its biggest PvP-centric covenant, pulled it off with a nice aura around your character, which gets bigger and more menacing, the higher your rank. And at max rank, you also have a bright glow on the extremities of your character and along the edges.

Not comparing Dark Souls to For Honor, just saying that a nice visual reward that's based on rank isn't a bad idea. Or maybe, in For Honor's case, unlock a perma-effect which stays on even if you move and attack? nothing too intrusive, a slight effect, or maybe red eyes, dunno. Something that actually means you're a deadly badass duelist who's at a real high rank. Something more tangible than static (and useless) badges.

BarbeQMichael
01-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Speaking of ranks, what's the use of those rank badges anyway? it's just for showoff and boasting. They literally have zero utility, you grinded hard for them only to boast that you're Diamond II or something? plus they won't show outside the Ranked Mode. This is a waste in my opinion. The higher your rank badge, the more rewards you should get. More Steel and XP for example.

Dark Souls II, in its biggest PvP-centric covenant, pulled it off with a nice aura around your character, which gets bigger and more menacing, the higher your rank. And at max rank, you also have a bright glow on the extremities of your character and along the edges.

Not comparing Dark Souls to For Honor, just saying that a nice visual reward that's based on rank isn't a bad idea. Or maybe, in For Honor's case, unlock a perma-effect which stays on even if you move and attack? nothing too intrusive, a slight effect, or maybe red eyes, dunno. Something that actually means you're a deadly badass duelist who's at a real high rank. Something more tangible than static (and useless) badges.

This was done to a some degree at r6, where you get some bling-bling to your gun based on your rank. For honor has taken massive influence from it's mechanics anyway (both being ubi games) so I wonder why they haven't implemented it here

bob333e
01-02-2018, 08:00 PM
This was done to a some degree at r6, where you get some bling-bling to your gun based on your rank. For honor has taken massive influence from it's mechanics anyway (both being ubi games) so I wonder why they haven't implemented it here

Oh god no, enough gold gear already hahaha. But yeah, there should be a visual reward to high-rank players. I personally vote for a perma-effect (it varies according to Faction). Ideally, the effect varies according to tier, only starts at Silver, and only at level 5 per tier; so the visible effects will be at Silver V, Gold V, Platinum V, Diamond V. Increasing in visual importance and detail the higher you climb up. And they are different visual enhancements for Vikings, Knights, and Samurais.

And if for example you're at Gold III, the Silver V effect stays there, until you hit Gold V, where it gets modified into a more detailed version.

In reality, the perma-effect should match whatever effect you have equipped on idle, modify it, make it visually altered, and it stays on idle, movement, and attack. And it will also enhance the emote and execution effects to a degree upon activating them (while also matching what you have equipped for emote and execution). And it should be non-intrusive at all times. I'd settle for that. But, knowing Ubisoft's laziness... heh.

UbiInsulin
01-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, you guys - I'll let the team know that more rewards + visual distinction for ranked players would help incentivize more participation in ranked.

bob333e
01-02-2018, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, you guys - I'll let the team know that more rewards + visual distinction for ranked players would help incentivize more participation in ranked.

Thank you for responding. Yup, that and... increasing Steel and XP gain according to which tier a player ranks up to.

Illyrian_King
01-02-2018, 11:16 PM
This needs no deep explaination ... nobody asked for it but Ubi didn't give a f*ck about that and did their thing instead of putting that ressources into something else that is/was actually wanted by the playerbase.

SammyCannon
01-02-2018, 11:21 PM
Visual distinction is a gr8 idea.
Alot more would play and grind for their rank.

EDG_Avocado
01-03-2018, 09:42 PM
casual game confirmed LUL

OneTrueAlca
01-03-2018, 10:52 PM
Ranked is indeed dying. The rewards should be much higher than normal queues for ppl incentive to queue.

and dedicated servers needs to come fast, there are some big issues with hosts that are pretty disgusting.

more ranking rewards is needed as well at end of season etc