PDA

View Full Version : why do I feel like this is going to be SC rival game?

Airwane
01-01-2018, 10:34 PM
I feel like this game is going to be Star Citizen rival!
why I don't know, is it the fact that you explore a galaxy, ships, 3PS or the fact that players are welcome to contribute?

looks like this is going to be like COD vs BF

Legion-495
01-02-2018, 02:44 AM
I feel like this game is going to be Star Citizen rival!
why I don't know, is it the fact that you explore a galaxy, ships, 3PS or the fact that players are welcome to contribute?

looks like this is going to be like COD vs BF

I highly doubt so. Star Citizen is focused on full Galaxy Exploration(Well multiple SolarSystems) and MMO type-ish gameplay and I don't know but I would guess Survival being a part of it. A point here is the seamless integration of ships into eachother and other players too while being in an online eviroment.
BGE2 is based mainly in one Solarsystem(System 3 and System 4), Singelplayer with Coopfunction and without Survival. I would compare it to "Empyrion-Galactic Survival" if we talk about Spaceships rather than BGE.

Star Citizen is focused a lot on Spaceships and the MMO gameplay comes with its own challenges. Feels like you want to compare GTA SA Vehicles and Vehicle Modding against a Racinggame.
Starships in BGE2 are just a tool to get to places while in Star Citizen everything evolves around Starships.

They sound similar, but as far as I have seen they are not. Even the comparison between CoD and BF makes not a lot sense. You would more like comparing CoD against Titanfall (Titanfall2, good game-->get it :D). Or CsGo against CoD. Games like Insurgency (Which kinda plays like Red Orchestra) may compare better to BF. I'm certain that Red Orchestra does compare good against BF, the newer releases under tripwire may do worse.

ElPrimordial
01-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Besides there will be a strong emphasis on storytelling to know and care about the characters and cultures that will populate BGE universe, meanwhile SC will focus on multiplayer experiences as a good MMO type that looks like.

Airwane
01-02-2018, 09:14 PM
was thinking on the open world explore everything that's what made me think of SC!

I just hope cities will have different look not just that India look we saw

IRISNetwork
01-10-2018, 10:52 PM
I think it could be more a rival to CyberPunk 2077 if we hear more about that game sometime soon.

It will be interesting to see what the similarities are and what BGE2 can do to make sure it stays above and beyond any connections people might draw between the two games. And provided they come out at similar times, what makes BGE2 an experience people will want to play over CyperPunk? Just something the devs may need to prepare for, I have a feeling the release of both games won't be too far off.

Legion-495
01-11-2018, 02:08 AM
Well we didn't hear nor see anything from Cyberpunk2077... If we believe CD Project Red it will be way better than Witcher3.
You are not the only one having a eye on that one :D

ElPrimordial
01-11-2018, 06:29 PM
Oh Cyberpunk 2077!!! Just today they tweet in a long long time... since 2013 seems to be... but there is enough room in my heart for both... thanks to Jade and company :o

Cara2100
01-14-2018, 05:43 PM
star citizen is a game for the person who does not care about games because you have to waste time and money just playing it (it's not for me) it's a shame

for me to put rivalry in games is ******** to play the two to crazy to play beyond and cyberpunk

Legion-495
01-15-2018, 12:47 AM
star citizen is a game for the person who does not care about games because you have to waste time and money just playing it (it's not for me) it's a shame

for me to put rivalry in games is ******** to play the two to crazy to play beyond and cyberpunk

I would say playing any game is a way of wasting time in some way.
As for SC it is obviously a game supported by many people who are willing to pay upfront even with the risk of failure.
I have to say tho this game is technical outdated and any changes to the engine have been riddled with issues so far.
One way or another it is going to be super outdated on release. Cool idea to few progress.

And I have to ask but I cannot makeup the sense of your last sentence... anyone help me^^

Cara2100
01-15-2018, 01:41 AM
I would say playing any game is a way of wasting time in some way.
As for SC it is obviously a game supported by many people who are willing to pay upfront even with the risk of failure.
I have to say tho this game is technical outdated and any changes to the engine have been riddled with issues so far.
One way or another it is going to be super outdated on release. Cool idea to few progress.

And I have to ask but I cannot makeup the sense of your last sentence... anyone help me^^

I wanted to talk sc is for a person who does not think about playing another game for those reasons that you mentioned, and for me it's not worth it even though I liked it

I do not know, I want both cyberpunk and beyond and good & evil 2

and the two have the very different premise

SlightlyUnusual
01-22-2018, 10:37 PM
Not sure what you mean there about wasting money. Star Citizen is currently (or going to be rather) 2 games:

1. Squadron 42, which is the single player campaign and linear story mode.
2. Star Citizen, which is the multiplayer MMO type in a vast universe.

You can buy either game or both (discounted if you get both), but it is a pay once and play model which has been the common way of selling computer games since the beginning of computer games. If you want to put more money into it, you can, but that is not required and more for the enthusiast. Wait until launch (if it ever gets there) and buy either or both like you would any other game.

Now for wasting time, I completely agree. All computer game playtime is a waste of time. Just like watching a football game, movies or tv shows. Like anything you do which is not spending time with loved ones or working to maintain your way of life. It is called entertainment and is good to decouple from the stress of the real world. Waste of time, yes. Fun, yes.

I feel BGE2 will fit nicely in between SC and Cyberpunk 2077. I certainly love the setting and the humor. Between those 3 games and some elder scrolls...any political parties I can vote on who aims to extend the number of hours in a day? Was thinking moving to Mars once SpaceX gets their project going, but only 40 minutes longer days than earth is not really cutting it...

WiwarK9
01-24-2018, 01:43 PM
From what i have seen SC seems more like a simulation and Bge2 like an arcade game it's like comparing Forza and NFS.