PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for someone who is new to raider?

Eyyupyeser95
01-01-2018, 10:36 AM
I am a huge fan of the tv show vikings so i wanna give raider a go since i think he is the most badass looking viking so any tips for me? Thank you

Inziladun84
01-01-2018, 10:42 AM
My friend calls Rider: Rollo! HAHAHA Best way is to play couple duels against bots.
You can even practice in "How To Play" menu, set level of bots ETC. No matter what someone says best way is practice.

The_B0G_
01-01-2018, 10:50 AM
Zone attack, then soft feint into stunning tap (top light). Feint it a couple times into the tap then follow through with the zone attack the odd time. I been playing since launch and raiders still get me with that, reflexes aren't quick enough, eventually I get smashed.

The running carry is pretty annoying too, get him into a wall to get your knee to the face, then hammer him with stunning taps and zones.

Eyyupyeser95
01-01-2018, 12:48 PM
My friend calls Rider: Rollo! HAHAHA Best way is to play couple duels against bots.
You can even practice in "How To Play" menu, set level of bots ETC. No matter what someone says best way is practice.

True and do you watch the tv show vikings? Becausr ivar really scares the **** out of me yet motivates me to play as raider

Card1acArrest
01-01-2018, 01:43 PM
check youtube for max damage combos, you can do 4 bars in one go.. (top+zone)

never do a top heavy unless certain hit, as a side heavy can be feinted into top light.
position yourself if 2v1 and often you can instakill by ledging. (run and carry).

play aggressively, mindgames!

my son's raider is top notch, he hardly ever loses.. he playes Valk to give em a break.. :)

i have seen top raiders never dying in 4v4..over several rounds..

he may seem "crude" but is a beast,

and train with level 3 bots, as stated above. very efficient.

enjoy!

bob333e
01-01-2018, 03:01 PM
I am a huge fan of the tv show vikings so i wanna give raider a go since i think he is the most badass looking viking so any tips for me? Thank you

As a Raider, your best gimmicks are:

- unblockable zone feint into stunning tap

- after stunning tap, heavy feint into another tap then throw another zone

- after stunning tap, light into zone

- after stunning tap, GB then Stampede Charge, wallsplat/OOS knockdown, zone

- Stampede Charge, OOS knockdown, light into heavy, or heavy into zone

- heavy feint into another heavy feint on stance switch into zone

- you should really use Stampede Charge often

- If your opponent whiffs a hit, do a heavy during their recovery; otherwise don't throw out normal heavies, they're usually easily parried

- Lights are good to kill a stalemate, otherwise normal lights don't offer much

- Zone from neutral will do less damage than when chained as a followup hit, so make sure you almost always make the zone itself a followup.

Tundra 793
01-01-2018, 04:11 PM
I am a huge fan of the tv show vikings

We've all been there...

so i wanna give raider a go since i think he is the most badass looking viking so any tips for me? Thank you[

Like the other people said; Get good at feinting your zone and heavies, that's the trick to playing Raider good.
But the best advice is to just play and practice. You could have 100 people in here giving 100 different pieces of advice, but in the end it's up to you to play as best you can.

Becausr ivar really scares the **** out of me yet motivates me to play as raider

I think Ivar would be more of a Shaman type character, what with the insanity and love of violence.

Eyyupyeser95
01-01-2018, 04:24 PM
We've all been there...

Like the other people said; Get good at feinting your zone and heavies, that's the trick to playing Raider good.
But the best advice is to just play and practice. You could have 100 people in here giving 100 different pieces of advice, but in the end it's up to you to play as best you can.

I think Ivar would be more of a Shaman type character, what with the insanity and love of violence.

I think he wants to make ragnar proud and yet be more famous than him and he hates being looked down upon because he is a cripple

BarbeQMichael
01-01-2018, 04:41 PM
Raider is all about feinting heavies and zone into top light. If you parry or just get a free gb then you carry your enemy to a wall and take out his stamina. You simply feint into stunning tap as much as you can, and then sometimes after tap you dont feint and let the heavy land if he starts blocking all up. Raiders work very well against lower bracket players, but at higher levels people don't panic and instead of guessing they wait to see if you feint and then react accordingly, rendering him quite hapless. Raiders can also sometimes cgb even after a dodge, not reliably but often enough to help him out sometimes in spammy situations as you dont have any fast lights.

ps. comboed zone does 50 damage instead of 28.