PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice this in the screenshot

ricvannoy
04-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Near the lantern area (or light) there are 4 poles and at the bottom of the right one appears to be a figure (to me it looks like a little girl)?

ricvannoy
04-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Near the lantern area (or light) there are 4 poles and at the bottom of the right one appears to be a figure (to me it looks like a little girl)?

ricvannoy
04-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Sorry, guess I'm just grasping here. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

JustBrett
04-27-2004, 08:59 AM
It's just an illusion. If you enlarge the pic, you can see it's caused by the way the light is reflecting off an angle in the rock face behind the poles.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the extra stuff you can see if you capture the still shot of that area shown when you click on "video" in the menu on the teaser page. You can see a bit higher up the poles to see where they go. There's a power cable on the left, and the center poles that come up through the hole in the walkway go up to a hole in a platform above. My guess is we're looking at the guide poles for some kind of elevator. (The other poles hold up the upper platform.)

This seems to match what we see in other screenshots, like the hole in the upper walkway outside the building with the conical roof (to the left of the building with the chimney). We also see a similar hole outside the window of the lab in the leaked pic of the monitor. (My guess is that pic was taken inside the building with the conical roof. I also think the two pieces of equipment with the portholes are not "burners" as many have suggested, but incubators for seedlings, since the lab seems to be devoted to the study of plant life. For some reason I've been thinking of this as "Catherine's Lab".)

*SLMW 1.0* No animals were harmed in the production of this message.

ricvannoy
04-27-2004, 08:53 PM
I took a close look at it again and you're right, even though from afar it appears as though someone is there, it's just some shadows off of the rocks. Anyway, I'm just silly about anything I can find, so bear with me and thanks for your comments. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif