PDA

View Full Version : Feats

BTTrinity
01-01-2018, 04:09 AM
Feats are garbage right now, the way they are gained by personal performance is a problem.... Especially in the games current state.

The way that we reward the players who are already stomping with the abilities (feats) to stomp even harder is absolutely absurd and needs to be addressed, the reason 4v4's are usually 1 sided stomps is because of this... The losing team cant come back when they're to busy being killed by bombs that half your health on 1 minute cool downs and by the time the losing team gains 2 or 3 feats its the end of the game and they've probably already been wiped by 2 catapults.

Cant we just make it more fair and give everyone all their abilities at the beginning of the game?

Just something that doesn't favor the stomping team to stomp even harder plz

EDIT: Its even worse when you join in a late game and you're being killed by 3 different catapults before you can even get a feat yourself.

EDIT2: They got rid of Nobushi's blissful rest (that thing NOBODY EVER COMPLAINED ABOUT) so surely the other skill-less feats that actually cause problems like fire flask, pugno mortis or whatever, CATAPULT should have no issues getting removed right? As Tundra said below, "For Honor is a skill based fighter, we shouldn't have Feats that completely negate the concept of the game."

Ackturi
01-01-2018, 04:12 AM
Maybe put feats on a timer so during the game everyone unlocks their tier feats at the same time?

2 minutes feat 1 - 3 minutes feat 2 - 4 minutes feat 3 - 5 minutes feat 4.

Tribute feats should all be unlocked once a team has all 3 caps or by the times above.

BTTrinity
01-01-2018, 04:21 AM
Maybe put feats on a timer so during the game everyone unlocks their tier feats at the same time?

2 minutes feat 1 - 3 minutes feat 2 - 4 minutes feat 3 - 5 minutes feat 4.

Tribute feats should all be unlocked once a team has all 3 caps or by the times above.

I was thinking about a timer of some sort too after I posted, though I haven't put much thought into it outside of what I posted.

Ackturi
01-01-2018, 04:29 AM
I was thinking about a timer of some sort too after I posted, though I haven't put much thought into it outside of what I posted.

I like playing assassins, but I'm also doing group fights with friends.... So because i'm not doing 1v1 (honorable) kills I don't get feats even with 12+ takedowns. Kinda sad.

Tundra 793
01-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Personally, I'd much rather we remove all high damage Area of Effect Feats, like the Fire Flask and Catapult. For Honor is a skill based fighter, we shouldn't have Feats that completely negate the concept of the game.

Squ1dF4ce
01-01-2018, 10:19 AM
Offensive feats need to be nerfed hard. They are the grenade launcher of this game, too much reward for something that takes no skill.

bob333e
01-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Personally, I'd much rather we remove all high damage Area of Effect Feats, like the Fire Flask and Catapult. For Honor is a skill based fighter, we shouldn't have Feats that completely negate the concept of the game.

I agree. I'd rather have all these rocket-blasting feats be taken out of the game. Arrow Storm, Catapult, Fire Flasks, and Shaman's bleed bomb. I think there are others too but these were just right off the top of my head.

For Honor isn't ******* COD. And as Ackturi pointed out, having these feats unlocked only help in further steamrolling one-sided matches. They are just bad. Bad for the game, bad for the skill ceiling in 4v4s. Bad for everything.

To fill in the blanks, I think they could add more cooldown feats; not more passive feats. Feats aren't supposed to make you even more and more impenetrable as the match progresses and you stack up renown. Passive feats basically do just that. Cooldown feats should do, and possibly, more team-centric feats, things that give temporary buffs to entire team. It's a team game mode in the end.

I think I'll also leave that word in asterisks. I like it. Asterisks before the word COD reinforce the meaning. :p

David_gorda
01-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Yep the feats are to strong, especially the tier 4 like catapult, arrowstorm. Its really cheesy Killing 4 People that just breaking with a catapult.

bananaflow2017
01-01-2018, 10:00 PM
Feats are definately really strong. In some characters even the third fest is overwhelming. For example bleed on most characters. The 4th feat is strong on every character. Espicially on lawbringer. This guy can bring a huge advantage for every teamfight cuz his grenade is allways up. Then he still has another grenade in third feat...
This guy really steamrolls very reliable if he has got a good start....

PopnYoAss
01-02-2018, 01:49 AM
I agree they need removed. Personally ive been wanting a game mode with no feats or revenge.

BTTrinity
01-02-2018, 03:02 PM
I mean, they removed Nobushi's Blissful Rest (Something NOBODY complained about) surely they shouldn't have any issues getting rid of feats that 1 shot an entire team with about 0 time to react.

PDXGorechild
01-02-2018, 04:35 PM

+1 on this. One hit kill artillery and area of effect strikes do not belong in a medieval themed fighting game in my opinion.

So many times I've been in situations where both teams are breaking, an epic fight for the victory is about to transpire when suddenly... Red circles everywhere. Your whole squad is dead in an instant and often players have 0% chance of avoiding it in time. I feel particularly sorry for slow heavies in these scenarios.

I don't mind the lower level bombs that stun or do a bit of damage, but the level 4 abilities have gotta go imo. No skill, no loot, no fun.

EDIT: Does anyone else feel some of the feats are imbalanced class to class? Berserker's throwing axe is virtually trash. Only good for interrupting flag cappers on tribute or killing people who run away with one bar of health left. Barely comparable to bleed which has sometimes allowed me to take down 3 or 4 opponents by myself. Shaman's axe seems to do more damage, granted it's bleed, but also allows her to immediately leap at her enemy for a massive damage bite. Gladiators javelin takes slightly longer to throw but does drastically more damage. Just doesn't seem right to me.

Also Level 3 bleed also needs nerfing a bit imo.

BTTrinity
01-02-2018, 05:27 PM

Agreed, but if were gonna have perks/abilities/feats in the game, it should be FAIR, not awarded to the stomping team to stomp even harder.

ThomHermans1
01-03-2018, 01:21 AM
They can maybe alter the existing feats, make it less about damage but more about utility.

- Catapult could have reduced damage and range that is can maybe hit 2 guys in the center. But it can also have a "knockdown range" which is the size of the current catapult. the center could leave a small fire flask like AoE burn.
- Arrows could have less damage but empty the stamina bar and a small bleed or fire effect.
- Spear storm could have less damage and a pinning effect.
- Fire flask could be an on hit grenade that staggers (or knockdown) the enemy and set fire to them. And if they bump into their ally during the stagger they will get fire damage aswell. this way it still has a AoE but its not the napalm hell fire that it is now.

I dunno about others, this is just something I came up with on the spot. But I think feat should be something like this.

What do you think?

BTTrinity
01-03-2018, 02:54 AM
They can maybe alter the existing feats, make it less about damage but more about utility.

- Catapult could have reduced damage and range that is can maybe hit 2 guys in the center. But it can also have a "knockdown range" which is the size of the current catapult. the center could leave a small fire flask like AoE burn.
- Arrows could have less damage but empty the stamina bar and a small bleed or fire effect.
- Spear storm could have less damage and a pinning effect.
- Fire flask could be an on hit grenade that staggers (or knockdown) the enemy and set fire to them. And if they bump into their ally during the stagger they will get fire damage aswell. this way it still has a AoE but its not the napalm hell fire that it is now.

I dunno about others, this is just something I came up with on the spot. But I think feat should be something like this.

What do you think?

Personally, id rather them just get rid of these AoE feats.

But this is not a bad idea if they INSIST on keeping them in.

ThomHermans1
01-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Personally, id rather them just get rid of these AoE feats.

But this is not a bad idea if they INSIST on keeping them in.

I kinda understand how you feel. But to me it feels like a waste to remove them completely. I do think the AoE feats looks awesome.

OneTrueAlca
01-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Catapult needs to go. The other feats aren't as OP since they will never one shot you.

Arrows are 100% useless, takes few hits to kill someone and super easy to get out no matter what

Highlander one isnt too op since u can roll out of it much easier compared to Catapult.

Just sad the dev team never nerf AOE feats

BTTrinity
01-03-2018, 04:40 PM
More often than not Arrow and Jav storm will get a kill when a group fight is going on, not to mention they're also great zoning tools (keeping people at bay long enough to deal with another has served me quite well, or forcing a few enemies near a ledge) but yeah, they're a lot easier to react to compared to Catapult (Then again, NOTHING is as powerful as Cata) and serve more purpose than insta killing whoever you want, which is how id like feats to be. Cata just needs to go or be reworked completely to not instakill everything, but there will still be the constant bombs issue.... tired of all these aoe feats.

Arekonator
01-03-2018, 09:44 PM
Gunpowder > pig iron stick folded gorilion times
Its harsh reality.
Let me abuse my bombs in peace.

BTTrinity
01-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Its harsh reality.

Thank god they don't balance this game by realism, it wouldnt be as fun so no, we wont let you abuse them in piece. Hope the fkn things get removed.

bob333e
01-03-2018, 10:13 PM
Its harsh reality.

The moment you bring realism into an argument pertaining to For Honor's gameplay, your entire statement gets thrown out the window.