PDA

View Full Version : Some new ideas to Anno 1800

ruuti0
12-31-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't know how ready game is currently, but I have some ideas that in my opinion at least would be good. I have played all Anno versions and I still found some ideas that could make next 1800 better than previous games.

1) Normal chat and Voice chat (team chat and public chat, option to mute players also in both chat types, or close chats totally)

- This would be really good for multiplayer with random players. Almost every multiplayer game today have build-in chat and/or voice chat option. This should be optional that it can be used if players agree to it.

2) NEW KINDS OF Official alliances between players & NPCs

WHAT I MEAN WITH THIS: For example would be cool if you could make alliance for example with Pirates and rob with them other players, defend them (you would have to) if somebody attack them and they would defend you if you get attacked and etc. Same could go for other NPCs and could have different things than just attack other players depending on role of NPC.

EDIT: There should be some kind of big Carrot and stick, that if you help your allies in battles (if they get to trouble etc) you get A LOT gold and if you don't help them, you lose A LOT of it. You could lose something else too, but I haven't figured what it could be.

This would motivate you to honor deals you make, currently there isn't any real motivator in alliances that previous games had. Allies NPCs really aren't either going to really help you either in previous Annos, I think this should be different in real alliances. They should help you with full force if you got problems with your enemies.

3) Don't make game too easy, challenge was of the best and key things in Anno series (expect in anno 2205 which was in my opinion way too easy). Rather make more tutorials if needed. (I think almost every Anno series fan agree with this)

4) New values that would affect how well your military fight (done damage etc), how effencially your workers work in farms, factories etc. They could be based on how much you give them different activities, different goods etc. I don't mean that development should be removed, it could be another thing that affect how well those things works. Value name examples "motivation to fight for you", "working motivation" etc.

5) Screen moving sensitivity. For example in 2070 it was super slow in my opinion, annoying slow. It would be cool if we can change it. If somebody don't know what I meant: with screen moving sensitivity I mean that when you move cursor to edge of screen (top, right, down, left) and screen start moving.

6) Possibility to shoot own buildings and ships. (This would just be realistic, nothing more meaning with it)

7) More social classes than before. And make it longer and harder to develope them (at least make harder to develope latest classes)

8) Clearly more different buildings than before. Some should be clearly harder to get (getting access to AND/OR harder to build) than before.

9) More options to customize screen, in 2070 you could for example customize what goods you see on top screen. I would also change to customize things like specific goods level on each social classes, happiness, "alliances" etc. so I don't have to check them for menus every time.

10) OLD but good:

I hope we see similar thing that was in Anno 2070, Ark Storage. It would be really good to be able store university developments there etc. Of course there should be option to also disable it.

Your thoughts?

stylisticsagi
01-01-2018, 02:53 PM
1.voice chat breaks the immersion and if u want to do it then you better get on a chatting channel outside of the game.
2.not sure what you exactly mean with that every anno had this feature so...
3.the devs are perfectly aware of this
4.not a good idea for anno.
5.options are always good
6.why?!
7.good idea i to would like to see a faster more easy progress to midgame and a longer harder time to lategame
8. every sequel always adds more so...
9.options are good
10. ark storage broke the game completly it was cheating beyond imagine, i hope they do not return it.
11. these forums tend to work better if you make a diffrent topic for each suggestion so it can be discussed more deeply.
p.s. sorry if i sound cranky but i have a hang over, happy new year!

ruuti0
01-01-2018, 04:54 PM
1.voice chat breaks the immersion and if u want to do it then you better get on a chatting channel outside of the game.
2.not sure what you exactly mean with that every anno had this feature so...
3.the devs are perfectly aware of this
4.not a good idea for anno.
5.options are always good
6.why?!
7.good idea i to would like to see a faster more easy progress to midgame and a longer harder time to lategame
8. every sequel always adds more so...
9.options are good
10. ark storage broke the game completly it was cheating beyond imagine, i hope they do not return it.
11. these forums tend to work better if you make a diffrent topic for each suggestion so it can be discussed more deeply.
p.s. sorry if i sound cranky but i have a hang over, happy new year!

Thanks for feedback, I have few comments to your answers:

1. You don't have to use it of course. You could just disable it if you want. win win for both, those who want use and who don't.

2. they don't have it as I meant it, like that if you make alliance with Pirates, you take part of their robbings together, you defend them if somebody attack them etc.

4. Why not? It would add 100x more differents ways to play Anno, which would give game a lot of more longevity and give 100x more strategies (especially in multiplayer this would be good). I think that things like that Anno game excatly need. Well, maybe not as many as 100x more differents roads, but I think you got the point.

6. It would be interesting, and realistic also. Of course this wouldn't have any affect to who win game or not, I just personally like this option.

8. Yes they do, but not a lot, it has been just little increase in my opinion per new version. Basically more different buildings = better. And difficulty for latest buildings in menus should be harder.

10. You can still disable it, so if you don't like it, you don't have to use it... and those who like, can you use it, win win for both groups.

11. I know that but it would been big spam if I would added 10 different topics.

AgmasGold
01-01-2018, 07:12 PM
1. I don't think a voice chat would be used by many. (I definitely wouldn't use it)

2. Not sure this is needed?

4. Agree with stylisticsagi, not needed for Anno

6. This would be annoying and would be complex (but not impossible) to add.

8. More doesn't necessarily equal better, I think there needs to be a balance. Too many buildings would result in a cluttered and confusing game - don't need buildings just for the sake of more buildings.

ruuti0
01-01-2018, 09:22 PM
1. I don't think a voice chat would be used by many. (I definitely wouldn't use it)

2. Not sure this is needed?

4. Agree with stylisticsagi, not needed for Anno

6. This would be annoying and would be complex (but not impossible) to add.

8. More doesn't necessarily equal better, I think there needs to be a balance. Too many buildings would result in a cluttered and confusing game - don't need buildings just for the sake of more buildings.

1. I think you are wrong in this. All people I have played multiplayer games with use voice chat and I have been playing multiplayer games (including Anno series) for over 20 years. With random players it is pretty much needed that game have it (if you want use it), because its get too complex to ask them install same voice softwares and come to servers. Just because you don't use it doesn't mean that there isn't other players who wouldn't. Its really common nowadays that multiplayer games have built-in voicechat and for good reason.

2. It would make game more interesting for those who want more different action with NPCs, and if you don't want to take advantage of it you wouldn't have to use those options.

4. Could you give some arguments why not?

8. True that more doesn't neverssarily equal better, BUT if there are done right (with good balance) in game like Anno it is just make it better. I don't understand how it could even get cluttered and confusing when in Anno it is always clear what for you need buildings and why to build them. Its not buildings just for the sake of more buildings, its to give longevity to game (higher replayability) and more alternatives to build your society.

More decisions = higher replayability, that is what Anno series in general need in my opinion. People shouldn't be scared that the game would get too cluttered, when in reality game won't get more cluttered.

AgmasGold
01-01-2018, 10:09 PM
For point 4, Military/Land Forces was never a main focus for Anno games, and I'd rather the focus be on balancing the games main systems (buildings, population, production chains, etc) than attempting to tie-in extra military effects. Plus I don't quite understand how the success of the military would directly affect productivity.

For point 1, I was saying that I wouldn't use it much, not that no one would. I suspect it would get some use, but for people that are serious about voice chat, they use dedicated software - Discord/Skype/Teamspeak.

iruet
01-02-2018, 12:05 AM
I would rather use a regular chat when playing multiplayer tbh. I don't really prefer talking myself, because I really feel uncomfortable then. Most points of critisism have been given by agmas and stylisticagi if you ask more. And there is a dedicated thread for talking about chat in anno 1800 :) (https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1815409)

I personally would not want to be able to sink my own ships, that is just too frustrating for me tbh... don't see the actual benefits of that feature

banan1996.1996
01-02-2018, 01:43 AM
1. I basically play only single player modes in Anno so I wouldn't use it. But I might use it if I happen to play multiplayer somehow.

2. That should be just a normal alliance but with more possible interactions between human and computer players. I'm always for more diplomatic options, I felt like alliances in Anno 1404 were pointless, they just added getting quests from NPCs and nothing else really. I hope for more options in Anno 1800.

3. More complexity has been already promised, let's just see how it will turn out, we know too little right now to ask for anything here.

4. I wouldn't mind making something like our troops' or ships' morale an important factor - but I think it could be just represented by happiness of our people, how much taxes they have to pay and how many needs are satisfied.

5. Yes, being able to move the screen faster would be amazing.

6. Lots of shooters don't have a friendly fire feature so having that in Anno would feel stupid for me. I certainly don't want that feature.

7. I'd love to have around five civilization stages. And yes, those higher ones should feel more challenging than it was in previous games. Especially in Anno 2070 it felt like reaching executives wasn't a problem at all. I liked that in Anno 1404 you needed to give your patricians four new goods and two new buildings to turn them into noblemen. It still wasn't really challenging but definately needed more effort.

8. I am always for more complexity and more buildings but of course it has to make sense to have those buildings available. The need to research for some specific buildings would be nice.

9. I need to look at goods only. What I want is to be able to set more of them on this bar at the top of the screen. In Anno 1404 there was a place only for building materials. Why couldn't this bar be as long as my screen if I wanted so?

10. Arks were a good idea but for the future and not for the past. Also I don't think it was such a good idea to still keep something like that in the game.

stylisticsagi
01-02-2018, 07:40 AM
I can't express my enough not making arks a thing, unless you cannot transfer goods from other games, the ark should not give you ANY headstart in any way made by another game.
If that would be the case i'm down with it, trading at the world for example would be cool with an ark or something simular, getting your first ship when it is sunk there is also something i don't have a problem with, just not the cheating parts. And you can say win win for those who wants tuo use it but it is litterly the same as the option add cheating on/off we are not 14 year olds... you do not cheat;).

Another thing wich made me thinking i think you want to shoot your own ships and stuff so you don't want to delete them or sell them to pirates?
I think as in originally anno 1602 selling ships so ANY player can buy them could be great, dismanteling your ships at a shipyard would also be a nice feature.
Cuz i know the feeling when you upgrade your trade ships and then you wonder what you have to do with all those small trading ships. More options for them would be nice but shooting them sounds drastic.

Gold said it decently about 4 anno is not a military game, it has and must have military but this may not have this much impact on the game.
and apart from that i think the workers vs elite theme whould give plenty of other options to affect your populations productivity and happines.

i understand now what you ment with the npc alliance, you just want to do some piracy yourself.
every anno had the option to form an alliance with the pirates.
Every anno had in some way the option to perform piracy, sinking ships and stealing goods.
perhaps the feature of the white flag from 1602 could be re-implemented.
You could raise the white flag then your ships is safe from har from a limited amaunt of time but it throws all of it's cargo overboard and pirates or you can then pick it up and sail away.
off course 1602 did not exactly work that way but this was mainly because coding was not that strong back then. 1602 is pre 2000

ruuti0
01-06-2018, 12:50 PM
1) I can't express my enough not making arks a thing, unless you cannot transfer goods from other games, the ark should not give you ANY headstart in any way made by another game.
If that would be the case i'm down with it, trading at the world for example would be cool with an ark or something simular, getting your first ship when it is sunk there is also something i don't have a problem with, just not the cheating parts. And you can say win win for those who wants tuo use it but it is litterly the same as the option add cheating on/off we are not 14 year olds... you do not cheat;).

2) Another thing wich made me thinking i think you want to shoot your own ships and stuff so you don't want to delete them or sell them to pirates?
I think as in originally anno 1602 selling ships so ANY player can buy them could be great, dismanteling your ships at a shipyard would also be a nice feature.
Cuz i know the feeling when you upgrade your trade ships and then you wonder what you have to do with all those small trading ships. More options for them would be nice but shooting them sounds drastic.

3) Gold said it decently about 4 anno is not a military game, it has and must have military but this may not have this much impact on the game.
and apart from that i think the workers vs elite theme whould give plenty of other options to affect your populations productivity and happines.

4) i understand now what you ment with the npc alliance, you just want to do some piracy yourself.
every anno had the option to form an alliance with the pirates.

You could raise the white flag then your ships is safe from har from a limited amaunt of time but it throws all of it's cargo overboard and pirates or you can then pick it up and sail away.
off course 1602 did not exactly work that way but this was mainly because coding was not that strong back then. 1602 is pre 2000

You know that if you don't like Ark, you don't have to use it (you can/could disable it). It sounds little weird that you don't want other people having it either (or did you mean something else?).

Ark bring more replayable to game because you can do things differently if you got it from begin of game.

2) I didn't mean that I would want to shoot them, it would be just realistic that you shoot your own ships and buildings too.

I would like to sell ships to different parties sure (hopefully we get this option) or chance to dismantle them.

3) I disagree, surely its not full military game, but military have always played _big part_ of game. I think it could play even bigger role. It give more different strategies to game (more replayablity), which is good.

4) Piracy with pirates would be one option, but none of previous games had what I meant: You would together do robbing etc. Or if somebody for example attack pirates you would have to defend them or you would lose A LOT of gold. There should be BIG carrot and stick kind of thing that would motivate to really help your allies. And if another player or NPC would attack you, your NPCs allies would have to do same and come defend you. Alliances could play much bigger role than ever before!

stylisticsagi
01-07-2018, 12:32 AM
1) there is less good feeling to get with achievements for examples special single missions when you do it the hard way and other can cheat by using an ark. So basicly yeah i don't want anyone to cheat.

2) i'm starting to think you mean tour ships hitting your own units by accidents that you don't place your ships right?
If that's be the case then i'm certainly against it. Yes it is realism but this isn't total war this is anno.

3) i'l agree to disagree

4) perhaps you missed it but 1404 did have a scenario in wich you teamed up with the corsairs and acted completly like them.
There where even diffrent achievements to be made in that mission and i also remember that was indeed a fun mission.

ruuti0
01-07-2018, 06:05 PM
1) there is less good feeling to get with achievements for examples special single missions when you do it the hard way and other can cheat by using an ark. So basicly yeah i don't want anyone to cheat.

2) i'm starting to think you mean tour ships hitting your own units by accidents that you don't place your ships right?
If that's be the case then i'm certainly against it. Yes it is realism but this isn't total war this is anno.

3) i'l agree to disagree

4) perhaps you missed it but 1404 did have a scenario in wich you teamed up with the corsairs and acted completly like them.
There where even diffrent achievements to be made in that mission and i also remember that was indeed a fun mission.

1) Certain achievements or all achievements could be disabled if you use Ark (one possibility). And I don't personally care if I do things hard way and somebody else achieve them easier way, I never played Anno series for achievements.

2) No, you are wrong. I don't mean anything like that. It would be just realistic that you could
also shoot your own ships. There could be some kind of protection to prevent accidental shooting like
pressing Shift+Mouse1 before you can shoot them.

But I gotta admit that this idea is little bit crazy (and pointless) and there isn't any big reason to add this to game, because it won't change anything practically. It was just something that I was thinking for brief moment and wrote it down instead of thinking that was it any useful.

3) Let's agree to disagree. :D

4) Could be that I have forgot it. I hope we get that kind of alliance option to 1800, where it would be just bigger than scenario/mission, more like playstyle possibility.

In my opinion previous Annos have just touch tip of the iceberg about how closely you could work with NPCs and there is room for expanding that world.

iruet
01-12-2018, 12:20 AM
I want to say: the ideas definatly look interesting and due to the limited space I cannot reply to all at once... But I definatly know that it might be best to allow certain things in the settings, i.e. the sinking your own ships by accident one... If I want the extra challenge I can enable them in the settings, if I don't want it, I can disable them

And about the voice chat: I like the idea, but there is a seperate thread for chatting in 1800, so might be best to move that discussion there :)

I will go through all of these suggestions and reply in more detail some day, don't have time for that now though :(

AgmasGold
01-12-2018, 06:07 PM

Ark storage is disabled for single missions and challenges in 2070, so you can't cheat on them anyway. I assume this is the path they would take for future single missions/challenges, as the whole point of them is that everyone starts on an identical footing so that the results of them are comparable to each other.

ruuti0
01-21-2018, 08:28 PM
I will go through all of these suggestions and reply in more detail some day, don't have time for that now though :(

Have you got any ideas? :D

Would be interesting to hear what you have to say also in more detailed version!

You have had good ideas in other posts & threads also!

iruet
01-22-2018, 04:03 PM
I don't know how ready game is currently, but I have some ideas that in my opinion at least would be good. I have played all Anno versions and I still found some ideas that could make next 1800 better than previous games.

1) Normal chat and Voice chat (team chat and public chat, option to mute players also in both chat types, or close chats totally)

- This would be really good for multiplayer with random players. Almost every multiplayer game today have build-in chat and/or voice chat option. This should be optional that it can be used if players agree to it.

My opinion on that is known pretty well, and if you don't... just search for the threads I started :D

2) NEW KINDS OF Official alliances between players & NPCs

WHAT I MEAN WITH THIS: For example would be cool if you could make alliance for example with Pirates and rob with them other players, defend them (you would have to) if somebody attack them and they would defend you if you get attacked and etc. Same could go for other NPCs and could have different things than just attack other players depending on role of NPC.

EDIT: There should be some kind of big Carrot and stick, that if you help your allies in battles (if they get to trouble etc) you get A LOT gold and if you don't help them, you lose A LOT of it. You could lose something else too, but I haven't figured what it could be.

This would motivate you to honor deals you make, currently there isn't any real motivator in alliances that previous games had. Allies NPCs really aren't either going to really help you either in previous Annos, I think this should be different in real alliances. They should help you with full force if you got problems with your enemies.

I like this idea, I just don't know how well this would work, given the NPC's have a randomizer...

3) Don't make game too easy, challenge was of the best and key things in Anno series (expect in anno 2205 which was in my opinion way too easy). Rather make more tutorials if needed. (I think almost every Anno series fan agree with this)

I can see where you want to head too... I agree that anno should be a puzzle, not a working rollercoaster... I think it would be more fun to design the rollercoaster than riding it. Since I imagine this to be the same for anno, let's hope for something complex enough, but not too complex :)

4) New values that would affect how well your military fight (done damage etc), how effencially your workers work in farms, factories etc. They could be based on how much you give them different activities, different goods etc. I don't mean that development should be removed, it could be another thing that affect how well those things works. Value name examples "motivation to fight for you", "working motivation" etc.

Just like some sort of buffs? Like they have in tso? If so, it would be nice ^^

5) Screen moving sensitivity. For example in 2070 it was super slow in my opinion, annoying slow. It would be cool if we can change it. If somebody don't know what I meant: with screen moving sensitivity I mean that when you move cursor to edge of screen (top, right, down, left) and screen start moving.

That depends on the pc you use, if it makes the game laggy for some, I'd rather not have this issue... It should still be playable :)

6) Possibility to shoot own buildings and ships. (This would just be realistic, nothing more meaning with it)

Only if you can toggle this feature on and off, I am not fancying losing all my boats just cozz of one mistake I made..

7) More social classes than before. And make it longer and harder to develope them (at least make harder to develope latest classes)

hmm yeah...

8) Clearly more different buildings than before. Some should be clearly harder to get (getting access to AND/OR harder to build) than before.[quote]

It would be nice if not all buildings share the same grid space, more different gridspace for buildings at to the puzzle :)

[QUOTE=ruuti0;13229450]9) More options to customize screen, in 2070 you could for example customize what goods you see on top screen. I would also change to customize things like specific goods level on each social classes, happiness, "alliances" etc. so I don't have to check them for menus every time.

No RSI anymore? :(

I like the idea, I just don't feel like I will use it that much, since you usually have a set of goods you need check, and for me that usually are my building goods. And about other goods... If I don't have enough and I manage to loose some money, I know what to improve :D

OLD but good:

I hope we see similar thing that was in Anno 2070, Ark Storage. It would be really good to be able store university developments there etc. Of course there should be option to also disable it.

Your thoughts?

Hmmm I never played that version, so can't discuss about that :D

CoryDeRealest
01-30-2018, 10:52 PM
I know it is not normal for ANNO, but just hear me out, and let your mind think about it.

Now water has always been the great divide between islands and it was an island based game, so I know it would be annoying to switch, BUT

What if instead of islands it was sections of fertile/habitable lands, so the "Islands" would be buildable areas with grass plains/full of life and fertility (Only places you can build on like the islands)

Then the "Water" (In between Island to Island) would instead be land, maybe like desolate plains/rocky ground and nothing can be built on it (EXCEPT maybe army camps) and railroads for your trade routes!

Think about it, the 1800's have the big evolution of railroads and infantry. The boats would be replaced with infantry, cavalry and or huge supply waggons, and then also you could march infantry around to defend or invade? The infantry would be linemen (strong and attack hard, face one way shoot forward but very slow) The Cavalry would be fast and nimble and could hit infantry from the side or behind (but would die from the front) (The cavalry could also raid the other players trains?)

You could build camps or trenches for your units to hunkerdown and defend too? And most importantly your "Island to Island" trade routes would be TRAINS. You'd have to defend the railroad and build it yourself, and you'd have to use cavalry to defend your trains from invaders (or "Pirates" like the old games) Cavalry units trying to pillage your trains.

I think I'm onto something here but this seems like a huge opportunity missed, I loved water but this hit me hard like why was this not implimented especially for 1800's?

Ubi-O5
01-31-2018, 02:28 PM
Let me actually sticky this thread as we want to hear your ideas. :)

Good stuff so far!

ruuti0
01-31-2018, 08:43 PM
Let me actually sticky this thread as we want to hear your ideas. :)

Good stuff so far!

Good to hear that there are ideas that you like!

Its nice to give something back after getting so much from Anno series during years!

CoryDeRealest
02-01-2018, 05:51 PM
I think the best way for Anno to improve easily right now is to include new details and animations. For example:

1. Small details like maybe a building animation (not just ploping down buildings but actually being built)(maybe a short quick 5-10 second building animation from the ground up)

2. Visually seeing your materials (The warehouses I understand are covered but for the buildings small "pickup" area) when buildings produce things they hold up to 5 tons before they cannot produce more (It would be cool to see each "crate/box full of the product" finished and ready for pickup) This leads into my third point.

3. Visually seeing the carts or movers "pickup & load" the boxes of items made and then proceed to the path and move them (also seeing them physically drop the items off as well, and putting it into the animation)

4. Better building animations, more small details, show more of the process of the things boing made, and the materials going into the process, or for example, be able to see the item of coal be mined, then see the animations of the movers pick it up, and then bring it to the smelters, and see the animation of it actually being "dropped off" then see it actually move into the building and go through the full process. THEN seeing the finished product MADE and into a "crate" (crates would be the unit of ton measurment) then see the mover come again to "pick it up" and animated to move it and drop that off into the warehouse I think these small details would make the game so much better.

I think these are small detail missed and for a huge game company to miss these little details it is kind of ridiculous.

AgmasGold
02-01-2018, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't really call it ridiculous. There is a lot of work that goes in to Anno games... Just to take 2 of your ideas from above and explore them further:

It may that an empty cart versus a full cart are completely separate models, and as such it may not be feasible to design 100s of custom 3d meshes/models for each production step.

It may be that the drop off animation would require a lot of work, as they would need to scan to see where the cart is, then calculate the location of the cart and generate the animation, as the cart isn't guaranteed to be in the same place each time. Also they would need to make sure the animation doesn't clip into anything, and it would be much harder to guarantee the quality of the generated animation.

That's just 2 things that I mentioned... my point being I think its a little unfair to call it ridiculous that they can't fill in the tiny details, when they have the rest of the game to design and implement first. All Anno games have been produced at a very high standard.

CoryDeRealest
02-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Yeah I see what you mean, trust me I know it would be far more work, but I feel like they should have extra time and resources impliment these small details considering they do not have to worry about land units.

I think it would be interesting to include usefulness of the rotation of buildings, then they could have an (input/output) side of the building, which would then only need to have 1 animation of loading and unloading per building (the carts would only go to the loading/unloading side of the building) AND the game would feel more logical with where the products flow into or out of a building. It may not be ridiculous that it wasn't included but I do feel as though it is acheivable aspects that would bring great value and more detail to a great RTS game. Let's be honest us RTS players have an extreme attention to detail, and sense of logic, and that is a big detail that can be added with a big sense of logic as well.

AgmasGold
02-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Usefulness to the rotation of a building I can see would add an extra layer of strategy... however I think it could also be a barrier to a different area of strategy: It could prevent (or at least make really awkward) people creating super compact production chain layouts.

Also the "rotation" would just mean you add a layer of road around the building.... this could end up just being an annoyance and would just mean that you don't actually add anything to the game - why not make that extra layer of road part of the building model itself instead, rather than making the player build it every time?

I also think that most buildings are designed with the idea in mind that a cart could drop off good from any side, I don't think it looks too bad.

CoryDeRealest
02-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Yeah I see what you mean, It would limit production layouts,

I just think it would add a nice touch of logic to the game, as well as cool details.

Maybe for the buildings that are square (2x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc) the rotation of where to pickup/dropoff could be made one any side you'd like (just face the pickup/dropoff side closest to the road you want), mind you only from that one side, the annoying part would be for the rectangualr buildings, (maybe have two possible pickup/dropoff sides, maybe both shortsides and/or one of the long sides?) not sure how rectangular buildings could easily impliment that. I think it would be neat to see some type of visual que showing the amounts of your resources (especially in the production buildings since they only hold up to 5 "tons" of items until pickup)

ruuti0
02-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Usefulness to the rotation of a building I can see would add an extra layer of strategy... however I think it could also be a barrier to a different area of strategy: It could prevent (or at least make really awkward) people creating super compact production chain layouts.

You gotta remember that too much realism in gameplay isn't good. Many things in Anno series have always been symbolic too and that worked really well.

Because of (very) limited space super compact production chain layouts are pretty useful in practice.

AgmasGold
02-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Relevant: https://www.anno-union.com/en/devblog-truth-or-fiction/

Raydoovah
02-04-2018, 03:54 PM
I think the best way for Anno to improve easily right now is to include new details and animations. For example:

1. Small details like maybe a building animation (not just ploping down buildings but actually being built)(maybe a short quick 5-10 second building animation from the ground up)

2. Visually seeing your materials (The warehouses I understand are covered but for the buildings small "pickup" area) when buildings produce things they hold up to 5 tons before they cannot produce more (It would be cool to see each "crate/box full of the product" finished and ready for pickup) This leads into my third point.

3. Visually seeing the carts or movers "pickup & load" the boxes of items made and then proceed to the path and move them (also seeing them physically drop the items off as well, and putting it into the animation)

4. Better building animations, more small details, show more of the process of the things boing made, and the materials going into the process, or for example, be able to see the item of coal be mined, then see the animations of the movers pick it up, and then bring it to the smelters, and see the animation of it actually being "dropped off" then see it actually move into the building and go through the full process. THEN seeing the finished product MADE and into a "crate" (crates would be the unit of ton measurment) then see the mover come again to "pick it up" and animated to move it and drop that off into the warehouse I think these small details would make the game so much better.

I think these are small detail missed and for a huge game company to miss these little details it is kind of ridiculous.

These things are hardly easy.

1: Requires a lot of additional complex animation to be done for every building. That's a ton of work.
2: This would require to make 3d models for all items and then make them work under all conditions. A lot of work.
3: Extra animations, need animations for each building and each side of the building and any possible road connection. Lot of work.
4: More animations, lots of work.

Things ain't that easy.

ruuti0
02-08-2018, 06:22 PM
These things are hardly easy.

1: Requires a lot of additional complex animation to be done for every building. That's a ton of work.
2: This would require to make 3d models for all items and then make them work under all conditions. A lot of work.
3: Extra animations, need animations for each building and each side of the building and any possible road connection. Lot of work.
4: More animations, lots of work.

Things ain't that easy.

I agree.

I hope that they spend their limited resources rather on new features, new NPCs and new buildings etc.

dmdilks
02-14-2018, 03:54 PM
The thing they should do again is do a Beta of the game. They didn't do a beta of 2205. Have any of you people played Iaam Anno 1404 Mod? In the Mod you have ten times the stuff you can build. People this is a city building game it takes time to build. It will always be a slow motion game. When it comes to the Military 1701 had the best. If people want military bring back what we had before 1404.

1701 was good but 1404 was the best of all the Anno series games. Plus bring back the large or hugh islands not these little things they put into 2070 & 2205. I have been here from day one. I have played them all and the one I still play is 1404. But do a beta then you have the input of the people. How they feel about the game. Doesn't mean Ubisoft will listen but the people will at least said how they feel.

ruuti0
02-14-2018, 10:14 PM
The thing they should do again is do a Beta of the game. They didn't do a beta of 2205. Have any of you people played Iaam Anno 1404 Mod? In the Mod you have ten times the stuff you can build. People this is a city building game it takes time to build. It will always be a slow motion game. When it comes to the Military 1701 had the best. If people want military bring back what we had before 1404.

1701 was good but 1404 was the best of all the Anno series games. Plus bring back the large or hugh islands not these little things they put into 2070 & 2205. I have been here from day one. I have played them all and the one I still play is 1404. But do a beta then you have the input of the people. How they feel about the game. Doesn't mean Ubisoft will listen but the people will at least said how they feel.

There is going to be game tests for Anno 1800.

I mind it as "sort of beta testing".

https://www.anno-union.com/en/playtests/

I gurantee that they will listen testers, because otherwise testing is pointless if you don't take feedback from testers how it worked.

Freya908
02-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Hey i wish that we could experience all seasons. we always missing winter and i think that is sad since that is part of being more difficult and if this the industry revultion where are train tracks?

Erulastannen
02-24-2018, 06:15 AM
"I can't express my enough not making arks a thing, unless you cannot transfer goods from other games, the ark should not give you ANY headstart in any way made by another game.
If that would be the case i'm down with it, trading at the world for example would be cool with an ark or something simular, getting your first ship when it is sunk there is also something i don't have a problem with, just not the cheating parts. And you can say win win for those who wants tuo use it but it is litterly the same as the option add cheating on/off we are not 14 year olds... you do not cheat."

I personally like the ARK concept. The concept was that you play as an ideological front who will rebuild Earth in its own image i.e. you will have to build multiple settlements as the same company, ecological movement etc... The same concept goes in real life. If you own a business you will use your assets/resources from your previous business to help you expand your business by establishing multiple franchises i.e. a new store, restaurant, manufacturing plant, they will not provide you with everything just some things to help you. Plus, you could just turn it off if you did not like it. The ARKS were no more cheating than selecting 80,000 starting credits than selecting 10,000 starting credits in the continuous game settings.

ruuti0
02-24-2018, 12:55 PM
"I can't express my enough not making arks a thing, unless you cannot transfer goods from other games, the ark should not give you ANY headstart in any way made by another game.
If that would be the case i'm down with it, trading at the world for example would be cool with an ark or something simular, getting your first ship when it is sunk there is also something i don't have a problem with, just not the cheating parts. And you can say win win for those who wants tuo use it but it is litterly the same as the option add cheating on/off we are not 14 year olds... you do not cheat."

I personally like the ARK concept. The concept was that you play as an ideological front who will rebuild Earth in its own image i.e. you will have to build multiple settlements as the same company, ecological movement etc... The same concept goes in real life. If you own a business you will use your assets/resources from your previous business to help you expand your business by establishing multiple franchises i.e. a new store, restaurant, manufacturing plant, they will not provide you with everything just some things to help you. Plus, you could just turn it off if you did not like it. The ARKS were no more cheating than selecting 80,000 starting credits than selecting 10,000 starting credits in the continuous game settings.

I agree, couldn't said it better myself.

Just because if somebody doesn't like Ark, its not reason to let others (who like it) not to have it, especially when you can turn it on or off.

Steinhauzer
02-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Having a selection of available loans at different interest rates would bring a new dynamic to the game that I think would fit the era.

Personally, I often find myself in situations where I've spent all my cash to get a production line going, or ascend to a new residential tier, and after that I'm just broke with very little income.

Certainly, there are already ways to climb out of such situations fairly quickly, but the ability to request a loan even at punishing rates would give an option of swift economic growth that also carries some risk.

ruuti0
03-01-2018, 06:04 PM
Having a selection of available loans at different interest rates would bring a new dynamic to the game that I think would fit the era.

Personally, I often find myself in situations where I've spent all my cash to get a production line going, or ascend to a new residential tier, and after that I'm just broke with very little income.

Certainly, there are already ways to climb out of such situations fairly quickly, but the ability to request a loan even at punishing rates would give an option of swift economic growth that also carries some risk.

I competely agree!

I already make thread about expanding financial options (link below), I think there are a lot of possibilities to expand them and still have good game that we know!

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1830015-Expanding-financial-world-aspect

DarkStar_Prime
03-11-2018, 03:23 PM
1). Dynamic weather cycles along with day & night cycle. I think that would make the game super gorgeous and would add somewhat of a realistic feel to it. Would be great if the weather cycles affect gameplay, and is not just a cosmetic option (Offered as an option to the players whether they want weather cycles to affect the gameworld or not).

2). Region specific weather cycles and natural disasters.

3). Volcanic Islands.

4). Pirates.

5). Complex Research System with lots of research projects.

6). More Ornamental structures. (would be great if they give a small boost to population satisfaction like in terms of tax etc).

7). A good amount of ships to choose from.

These are the ones that I can think of right now, will edit this post if come up with some other things that I think should be a part of the new Anno game.

<Edit 1>

8). Epidemics like diseases, fire, crime etc.

9). Thunderstorms (disaster).

10). Occasional Hurricanes affecting seas (stormy waves, stronger winds, can potentially damage ships).

GameMasterFox
03-31-2018, 04:25 AM
FACTIONS! Or at least something akin to factions. Having this game simply be a British Adventure through and through would be boring to say the least. How about have not only the British, but also the French, Prussians/Germans, and the Spanish be part of this adventure and have their little quirks like how they react to YOUR solutions to various problems that pop up or the requirements of the various levels of civilization (like, say, Prussian/German farms produce pigs in addition to their normal production, lessening the need for space for pig farms but at the cost of needing pig meat far earlier than the other factions) that aligns with their culture.

Hell, bring back 1701's system of having the Queen/Royal being part of your diplomacy and you have to deal with a representative that changes every so often depending on the whims of the government. Effectively having one problem be under an EXPLOIT THE **** OUT OF THE COLONIES administration and another being under a less exploitative administration.

ruuti0
06-04-2018, 09:08 PM
FACTIONS! Or at least something akin to factions. Having this game simply be a British Adventure through and through would be boring to say the least. How about have not only the British, but also the French, Prussians/Germans, and the Spanish be part of this adventure and have their little quirks like how they react to YOUR solutions to various problems that pop up or the requirements of the various levels of civilization (like, say, Prussian/German farms produce pigs in addition to their normal production, lessening the need for space for pig farms but at the cost of needing pig meat far earlier than the other factions) that aligns with their culture.

I liked factions before, they were really great in 2070. Thought I like different countries also. Factions worked great in future based Anno, since it world had chanced radically and more philosophic factions / companies based game. I hope we get back to future at some point! I would love to hear more about your idea also!

stanford-lee
06-19-2018, 02:17 PM
The best strategic game is a game in which there is a factor of great variety and development. And this is the period - with a huge variety and rapid development is the XIX century: from colorful uniforms to khaki, from flint muskets to repeating rifle, from wooden ships to Dreadnoughts, global change of political formations - The Rise and Fall of Empires! 19th century - is the most rapid flowering of industry and technology, the time when new types of weapons (machine guns, mines, pointed bullets, smokeless powder, armor plates, revolvers, repeating rifle, torpedoes, submarine and dreadnoughts, dirigibles and all this can be created for specific purposes and tasks in the game
), in this period began the first ever truly global wars, and the era of the great colonial conquest, that would look great in the overall concept of the game. ( such conventional areas asAfrica, Australia, Oceania, and South America become an arena for colonial wars with local natives and between the great powers for control over spheres of influence, as well as being an object for development). No less interesting are other inventions of this era such as the steam engine, the car, the airship and bicycle. New materials: Bessemer steel, Martin steel, rubber, petroleum, plastic (celluloid), dynamite, nitroglycerin, aluminum, oil production on an industrial scale. Appeared many inventions as radio, telephone, telegraph, cinema, fotoaparat, gramophone, adding machine, canned food (potential sites for study in the civilian sector).

New features of the game:

- Antarctica was discovered in the 19th century and in this regard I propose to add "Antarctic Islands" to the game
- Several types of cultures: European, American, East Asian, " aboriginal"
- Creation of large infrastructure facilities: railway across, construction of telegraph and telephone lines. The ability to dig channels on their Islands on the type of Suez and Panama
- Politically secret societies appear, whose views contradict the current political system in the country and incite to revolution. To fight them will require the construction of a new type of building. For example, in Russia it will be Special Corps of Gendarmes and Guard Department. There it will be possible to hire two new types of agents - political adventurers, inciting revolutions in an enemy state and military scout. A military scout can be re-recruited over and even made a double agent working simultaneously for several special services.
- The new type of building - stock exchange, where on the basis of success or failure of the national economy can (or can not) to regulate the prices of those goods traded your Islands, as well as the creation of opportunities to attract capital to the country, resulting in a new revenue article- " Foreign investment". The exchange helps to establish trade relations with other NPC-players, increase the production of industrial enterprises and increase consumer demand within the your Islands, which helps to accelerate the economy. A new feature: the ability for your state to borrow money from large capital, and the exchange helps regulate borrowing rates. However, the exchange also has a downside-speculative price growth, the size of which must be constantly monitored. If they grow too much as a result of the crisis of overproduction and the sharp demand for goods, on the contrary, it will lead to a fall in trade and cause a financial crisis. It will no longer be possible to borrow money from large capital and you will have to pay your financial obligations immediately. Also, the crisis leads to the bankruptcy of existing enterprises and then they will have to be created again. At the same time, such a crisis affects other countries where there is a stock exchange. Financial crises - another feature of this game
- The XIX century is the era of rapid development of culture and science. A new opportunity in the game - to finance the arts and science. The development of culture will increase the prestige of the country in the world and improve public order, and the development of science will accelerate the process of technology research. To Finance science, it is necessary to build an Academy of Sciences, and to Finance culture to build something like the Creative Assembly On their basis it will be possible to build scientific laboratories, as well as group of artists and writers.
- The emergence of a strong socio-economic stratification of society and the need to fight poverty. You can either make allowances in monetary form and in the form of food or attract the poor to forced labour. In the first case, to help the poor need to allocate money from the Treasury and the food which is necessary to build the Almshouse (it increases public order, but it requires spending from the Treasury). In the second case, it is necessary to build a Workhouse, which brings a small profit and reduces poverty, but greatly worsens public order.
- Revolutionary sentiments: the struggle for electoral rights, women's rights, social contradictions and the powerlessness of the working class, the fight against unemployment. The control of freedom of speech, Assembly and the press can become a method of counteraction. For this purpose, a new type of building is being created - Newspaper Publisher in which freedom of speech can be controlled. Maximum freedom of speech will lead to the fact that the Newspaper Publishe will make a profit, but the growth of free thought can lead to a revolution. The minimum freedom of speech will require the allocation of funds from the Treasury to bribe journalists who will write custom-made pro-government articles, reducing the intensity of revolutionary sentiment. The Trade Union movement
- A new type of agent: a major industrialist. He can be employed in large factories and is designed to oversee the quality of work of industrial enterprises, improving their efficiency and productivity. Your industrialist can ruin the Industrialists of other countries, but since the 19th century is the legal age, for the realization of the ruin of another industrialist is required to build a new type of building - the Court. It is through the Court, depending on the level of the building (the Panel of Judges, the Arbitration Court, the Supreme Arbitration Court) and the skills of the industrialist, the probability with which a competitor can be ruined is determined.
- The 19th century is the era of republics, the era of parliamentarism. In the game, this will mean that if a player manages a parliamentary state, then for the functioning of such a country he will need to build a new type of building - a Parliament that improves public order, but increases corruption. The adoption of laws (edicts) in the regions is possible only if the ruling party holds the majority of seats in such a Parliament. It is possible to entice parliamentarians to the party by means of manipulation in the press (it was told earlier) or thanks to direct bribery. In the monarchical countries do not require the Parliament and the laws are easy to make, but corruption is higher by default and the development more slower. At any given time, according to the player's decision, the country can adopt a Constitution and become a parliamentary monarchy, but if the public order is not high enough, the Constitution will not be adopted and the country will remain monarchical
- The 19th century was a period of religious nihilism, which means that building churches to improve public order is no longer relevant, especially since at this time they were not built. To improve public order, a new type of building is introduced: a coffee shop, as well as exhibitions and fairs. Exhibitions can be built only with high levels of development of science (as mentioned earlier) and they greatly increase not only public order, but also the diplomatic status of the country. The fair is just a building that generates income and increases public order.

dimes09
08-25-2018, 02:00 AM
What would be nice if the building placement wasn't so grid like. It would be so cool if the buildings were more naturally blended into the environment. Maybe a wider dirt patch that doesn't look like a box. Each building could have a build zone but the dirt/fences/shrubs decor go past that.

dimes09
08-25-2018, 02:02 AM
It would be so cool if the seasons changed and it required you to adjust your game play like plan voyages and crop harvest.

Line541
12-07-2018, 03:48 PM
In anno 1404 venice it was alot of things to do. i still love that game. and i still play it. but i do miss more of challange. i like that you dont have to have a enemie to fight. i injoy you have achievements that can open new buildings and so on.

but as the person above said make it require more from 3 stage and above harder it would be much more fun. in way like you need more different goods to get them up and keep the money system you had in 1400 since that was a great balance of cost to tax you got in and so on. i dont want the game to be like it was 2070 where you could pretty much control 3 different factions and make them on your island. that is just not for me. and that will also kill it for me. since of all anno games 2070 and 2205 was the onces i almost didnt play because it was no fun.

I also wish if you guys go for railraod system . that you make it so we (gamers) can build network over selfs.

i also want it to be boats since its huge part of 1800 trading with ships. i do hope you guys make so get monuments like it was in 1400 like big chathedral and big docking. but it would also have to build secend faction like it was in 1400 if that fits the story line.

i would also be happy if you made it like winter, spring, summer and autumn. for that would make it harder in many ways. like made iceforms for the more islands to north and less in the south. and that you could build things on island that was covered in snow and ice. like it was anno 1701.

i also agree it would to have more realistically troops , cannons and so on. i would also like to see same amount ships like it was in 1404 venice..

i also hope you can make if you pay certain amount of gold you get the resources from your mines back. since if go with achievement. i can play this game for days if it is like that.

and i would like more perfection on like if you build a road. and then build a park like it was flower beds in 1400 the road didnt fit the flower lining and it looked weird. so i would like more park. fountains, things for kids if that reward from achievement i dont care. but something. it also had been cool if we had to have factiory to create the trains or if we need uni to get it or something like that. same with better boats and so on.