PDA

View Full Version : So no mods gonna fix the spam in forums?

yenboi3025
12-31-2017, 05:45 PM
Such a sad state this game turned into...

You can just feel the not caring...

Tundra 793
12-31-2017, 05:52 PM
No no, they'll fix it. Eventually. The forums have been like this for like, a year at this point.

I'll understrand String Theory and the enduring popularity of the Kardashians, before I understand why they're not fixing their forum.

xRocketfishx
12-31-2017, 06:29 PM
Ever since Noty left there has been an extremely noticeable drop in anything being done on this forum by Ubisoft

Alustar.
12-31-2017, 08:04 PM
Well let's just keep this thread active and bulk it up with a many comments as we can till they did it. It seems the only time they put effort into changing something is when the player base has a conniption.

bob333e
12-31-2017, 08:08 PM
Here's an extra comment. This one's for free, next one is gonna cost you all 7,000 Steel.

https://media.timeout.com/images/101902621/image.jpg

Alustar.
12-31-2017, 08:13 PM
Here's an extra comment. This one's for free, next one is gonna cost you all 7,000 Steel.

just charge mine to ubisoft, I'm sure they are good for it, right?

Ubi-Boat
12-31-2017, 08:31 PM
Hey everyone!

We're aware that the spam getting through to our For Honor forum is a little much right now. The team is working hard to get a fix for this and get those spammers out of here. We want you to all have a seamless, uninterrupted experience on our forums and are dedicated to giving you just that.

Vakris_One
12-31-2017, 09:38 PM
Y'all missed a spot. Somebody call the spam-excorcist... again.

https://wilkybarkid.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/nightmare-at-20000-feet.jpg

bitebug2003
12-31-2017, 09:59 PM
We do the best we can - and please bear in mind that as it is the holiday season there is a reduced staff.

I have just removed tons of spam threads but eventually I have to go offline.

yenboi3025
12-31-2017, 10:23 PM
Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

ChampionRuby50g
12-31-2017, 11:25 PM
Hey everyone!

We're aware that the spam getting through to our For Honor forum is a little much right now. The team is working hard to get a fix for this and get those spammers out of here. We want you to all have a seamless, uninterrupted experience on our forums and are dedicated to giving you just that.

I swear I've heard this before.....

OH Wait, I have.

The increasing amount of spam we've experienced over the past month or so has definitely been noticed by the team. We do have a captcha system in place, as well as a spam filter that catches a good bit of the spam, but we apologize for the spam that has gotten through. The team does their best to make sure it gets cleared out asap and will continue to do so.

I said this on another spam thread 1 week ago, I think it's still relevant.

You said the second quote two months ago on another thread. You admitted that it has gotten worse, but 2 months down the track we are in the same boat speaking about the exact same topic. 2 months on, and it's even worse. In that same thread you also state, along with a member, that the spam has been around since even 2015. Nothing has been done to combat it in 2 years then, so how hard and how closely are you truly working? 4 weeks ago, another thread speaking about how Ubi need to fix spam, and a member even commented saying they have installed spam filters on friends website, and for them it was a one person, 4 hour job. If they are right, what have you guys been doing for the past 2 YEARS.

Another thread, started over a month ago stating how these forums are a good representation of your company. A complete and utter mess right now.

Every reply I have found is more or less, a copy and paste of previous replies. A few words changed around, but more or less the same message. It is so generic, and now has no meaning. How can we trust you guys as mods and to convey accurate information back to the team when, as you said, you've been working closely with the team but there has been no improvement in over 10 months, with the actual opposite effect. It keeps getting worse.

I woke up this morning and the entire 1st page of General Discussion was covered in spam links. I saw 2 actual threads on it. This has never happened to me before, in the past I actually could scroll through the 1st page and read every thread. Even now, a few hours on some links have been deleted, but their are still far too many. There should be 0.

As someone stated, this is the first forum when you are at the main page. If you where looking at a website and in the very first section of it all you saw was spam, it is not a very good first impression. I can imagine it would have turned many users away. This is incredibly unprofessional, and not a standard a multi billion dollar company should be at.

In 15 minutes the other day I found plenty of info on Anti-Spam. Have you guys and the team not found buckets of info on it then in 10+ months, if you have truly been working?

I have supported you guys in the past, defended you and appreciated the work you have done. But right now, you are not working well. The forum is getting worse, and it is on you guys as Mods to start fixing it. You need to rattle cages, demand your bosses to pay more attention, but just do something. Show us you actually care, and that you actually hate the spam as much as we do. Because your actions have not been showing that you care. Actions speak louder than words. Be more transparent, make a sticky thread detailing actions you are going to take, but fix the spam. Members are not gonna accept it for much longer.

Rye.Bread.
12-31-2017, 11:51 PM

Fixed that for you
https://i.imgur.com/6y1uQQv.jpg

Alustar.
12-31-2017, 11:56 PM
We do the best we can - and please bear in mind that as it is the holiday season there is a reduced staff.

The problem isn't that it just appeared today, this week or even this month. The problem is that this has been a repeated issue since day one. However, it doesn't feel like any significant steps have been attempted to eliminate the issue outside of someone saying, "just delete them as they come, we will get to a fix.(eventually)" and then sticking you mods with the bill, as it were.
That's not right, it's not fair to you(the moderators) or the players.
I know from your perspective it may seem like a combination of a lack of manpower and resources, but from our seat, it just seems like someone either doesn't care to fix it, or doesn't want to. Again, we know it's not your fault, it would just be nice to go to bed for once and wake up and be able to see the most recent relevant topic on the first page, not a list of streaming sites that I can get the latest movie release, while making sure my erection lasts long enough to get my moneys worth from all these call girls from Dubai.

Alustar.
12-31-2017, 11:59 PM
Fixed that for you
https://i.imgur.com/6y1uQQv.jpg

Now he looks like me in 60 years...

CandleInTheDark
01-01-2018, 12:58 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of timezone spread are your staff? The worst time seems to be around 4am utc (I have been unemployed and gaming, I know this >.>) and obviously people need to sleep, 100% get that,I also get that the forum staff are the people getting the heat without them being able to do anything on the admin side of things. Reason I ask is just while the admin are working on whatever they are working on might it be worth giving people willing to do cleanup the ability to do so? Taking my own case, I start night shifts in february sometime (assuming I manage not to tank basic induction before that) and would be on roughly the same sleep pattern on my days off, so 3-4 days a week with nothing else to do I would certainly be willing to look in every half hour or so up to 4-6 utc

bitebug2003
01-01-2018, 01:18 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of timezone spread are your staff? The worst time seems to be around 4am utc (I have been unemployed and gaming, I know this >.>) and obviously people need to sleep, 100% get that,I also get that the forum staff are the people getting the heat without them being able to do anything on the admin side of things. Reason I ask is just while the admin are working on whatever they are working on might it be worth giving people willing to do cleanup the ability to do so? Taking my own case, I start night shifts in february sometime (assuming I manage not to tank basic induction before that) and would be on roughly the same sleep pattern on my days off, so 3-4 days a week with nothing else to do I would certainly be willing to look in every half hour or so up to 4-6 utc

I don't have exact figures but I know we have Moderators from Europe, Australia, and the USA and there is obviously the Ubisoft staff from their respective territories (UK and US I believe).

Please contact a Community Manager if you wish to volunteer.

As for the spam situation let me post what I posted before when this was brought up

From a former AC Community Manager:

As posted before - the forum admin team, are investigating methods of stopping this - however due to the way they do this, anything we do will likely impact every user, this is unavoidable - so they are being careful about it and taking their time about what they put in place.

We have several anti spam measures all ready in place and working, however since these spammers are people - they can find ways round [or simply answer the Capchas to post, which is in place for new users]

During E3 we are pulling in some more moderators, so hopefully during the times these people are available - the forums should be spam free

And most recently by Ubisoft's NCSA Community Representative

Here's the thing about Spam. It is ever changing. Not only are there bots there are real people and it exists on virtually every internet site. We do our best to delete it when it gets through and we do have systems in place. We will never detail them to you because like I said some of the spammers are real people who can read.

That being said, if you do see spam please know we will be deleting as quickly as possible so please be patient.

Thanks

Hopefully this clarifies things.

Mia.Nora
01-01-2018, 02:27 AM
Hopefully this clarifies things.

No offense but this does not clarify anything, it only present new excuse. People are not worried WHY it is happening, we are worried THAT it is happening. No other forum has this problem, let alone AAA company forums.

Whatever it is you are doing to fight this problem is proven to be ineffective as seen in this last 2 years. If your inhouse staff failed to figure a way, maybe just hire someone from a clean forum who have managed to tackle this problem successfully.

Again, we are not wondering about what the excuse is, but interested in WHAT is the solution.

(even right now %80 of first page is spam)

bitebug2003
01-01-2018, 04:47 AM
I'm not offended, that is what we've been told.
It clarifies that the solution isn't as clear cut as people make it out to be.
The forum admins are well aware of the problem.

I am closing this thread now.

Please don't create another on this subject.

Thanks.