PDA

View Full Version : Bridge crew performance findings:

filmgeek47
12-31-2017, 02:48 AM
After some extensive hardware testing Iíve figured out some helpful info on bridge crew settings, hardware requirements and performance.

The big takeaway: when Redstorm mentioned that the gameís optional processor effects require an i7 processor, they werenít kidding.

With a GTX 1080, 8GB of RAM and a i5 6600k, I can enable the following in VR without dropping frames:

All optional visual effects introduced with the new update (ie bloom, light rays etc).
Steam VR super sampling at 1.7 (Rift users, note that this multiplier is different than the oculus SS multiplier).
Vive MSAA at 8 (max).

HOWEVER, enabling even partial CPU effects in the graphics configuration file (found in the bridge crew install folder) results in serious performance problems, even with a mild overclock on the processor. Without that enabled, I still have some overhead on the graphics card.

Long story short, if you want to play this game in VR on PC with all settings at max, youíll need a modern i7 processor and a GTX 1080 (you might be able to get away with a slightly older or less powerful card, someone else will have to confirm).

Hope this is helpful to those performance fiends out there!