PDA

View Full Version : Name of your character(s)...

KIERROK
12-30-2017, 12:17 AM
Assuming we can name our characters, I'm curious as to what names you have chosen for yours. I usually use Kierro because it sounds like the Japanese name Hiro (hero). It comes from Kierrok, the name of a demon the X-men fought. I dropped the K to make it my own-- or so I thought, until I found it was actually used by people. Since BGE2 will have heavy Asian influence, with Japanese, Hindu, Buddhist and Chinese beliefs, I looked to them for ideas.

Nandi for a bull: Nandi was the devoted mount of Shiva, the destroyer.

Makara for a reptile: Makara is a sea creature that has several depictions. It is said to have the head, or torso, of a crocodile or elephant (sometimes a hybrid of both), with the lower half of a fish.

Durg for a tiger: Durg is the name of an Indian city, where Durga is the name of Shiva's wife, who rides a tiger.

Amaterasu for a female dog: Amaterasu is the Japanese goddess of the Sun. In the Shinto, she's a beautiful woman. In the game Okami, which is loosely based on the Shinto pantheon, she's a white wolf.

Verg for a shark: Verg is the name of a shark hybrid pirate (first person I thought of when I saw sharks as a playable race) from an old anime called Blue Submarine no. 6. Because of him, my first character maybe a shark hybrid.

Kingy77
12-30-2017, 02:10 PM
Or the main character could have been a former dog-hybrid slave, called "Dog", and choose a new name for himself when he gets free and becomes a pirate. "Black Hound" sounds nice to me. :D
Or his actions in the beginning of the game could be what gets him his new name, given by the crowd.

Legion-495
12-30-2017, 03:20 PM
Well I have to say MassEffect went with "Shepard", Skyrim had Nicknames for the player several times. Wouldn't be surprised if we will get Nicknames. But the best was Gothic which totally managed to play fine without ever mentioning the players name (Well at least in the german games). So the guy was just called the "Hero" by people on the web xD

I usually stick to the forename only. My own character would be named "Sayo" or "Serena" depending on what the creator is able to give me (for a female character). The colorpatterns will be important. I like the japanese meanings of those.
To me these names seem to have kinda a yin-yang decision to it^^
Should my character be male it will be Legion.
I like the name due to the idea of many people working in unity.
Ever wondered? The 495 comes from a Halo OnlineTag^^

For NPCs and if we get to Nickname those it will depend on their likings skills what I would name those.

KIERROK
12-30-2017, 07:12 PM
Or the main character could have been a former dog-hybrid slave, called "Dog", and choose a new name for himself when he gets free and becomes a pirate. "Black Hound" sounds nice to me. :D
Or his actions in the beginning of the game could be what gets him his new name, given by the crowd.

Just curious, but with Dog and Hound, are those Game of Thrones inspired? If not, I still like.

Well I have to say MassEffect went with "Shepard", Skyrim had Nicknames for the player several times. Wouldn't be surprised if we will get Nicknames. But the best was Gothic which totally managed to play fine without ever mentioning the players name (Well at least in the german games). So the guy was just called the "Hero" by people on the web xD

I usually stick to the forename only. My own character would be named "Sayo" or "Serena" depending on what the creator is able to give me (for a female character). The colorpatterns will be important. I like the japanese meanings of those.
To me these names seem to have kinda a yin-yang decision to it^^
Should my character be male it will be Legion.
I like the name due to the idea of many people working in unity.
Ever wondered? The 495 comes from a Halo OnlineTag^^

For NPCs and if we get to Nickname those it will depend on their likings skills what I would name those.

Legion would be cool, and in a way would fit, because a hybrid is two in one and Legion (I think) is two or more souls in a body. I'm not good with biblical stuff. From an RP perspective, if that's your thing. It could be a name given to you by a master as a sick joke, but you wear it with pride, because in someway it gives you strength.

Ganet2
12-30-2017, 10:22 PM
Tex... to Tex!

See you space viking cowboy...

If you get this you're awesome. If not it's a silly joke don't worry. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVYH1RDmCE

The other joke one I'd have is Caerbannog. Would have to have rabbit hybrids though for that one.

browntoya
02-07-2018, 03:51 AM
My new character will be Abigail. Or Abby, for short

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 08:05 AM
So far I like everyone's reply. I look forward to seeing more names.

atubaboun
02-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Wow, i don't know. I guess it'll be funcion of my character, if it will be an hybrid or a human, but even this i'm not sure :/
But maybe either Golric or just Arzhur.

browntoya
02-07-2018, 02:07 PM
Name for my character is Abigail

KIERROK
02-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Name for my character is Abigail

Someone's excited to name their character ;) You named them twice.

DevilmanSinner
02-12-2018, 06:36 AM
I have a thing for the letters "s" and "a." If I'm able to make a partial goat hybrid, I'm naming them Satyr. I just...have to :D

So_sly_354
02-20-2018, 04:12 AM
I would name my character Sly or my more decent name Rin or maybe I would combine them and make "Rin Sly " or maybe "slyrin"or something I don't know you tell me and maybe I'll name my character what you want. Please see this message.