PDA

View Full Version : How to beat turtle Lawbringer?

MassiveD.
12-30-2017, 12:09 AM
As the title goes,

How does one actually beat a Lawbringer that refuses to attack, just waits to block into automatic shove+poke (that seems to be simply guaranteed if he doesnt switch direction of attack)

Let's say you are playing with Orochi or PK against him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCABbmEMBw&feature=youtu.be

Illyrian_King
12-30-2017, 12:35 AM
Orochi has a sickenings fast ZA and Top Light attack ... even the "best meta players" weren't able to react on that as we saw on that embarressing 10000$ tournament

With PK you just do some fast lights and when he block shoves, then go for a dodge attack (doesn't work always but it's a 50/50)

But in general, if people refuse to do anything then I also refuse to do so. Lets see who is more patient ;b

Me personally I am a LB main and I play aggressive asf ... indeed block shove is not all fair, but LB needs it and it's not worse then Warden Vortex, Light spam of many Heroes, Cent's cutscene, etc

They should better introduce a system to punish turtle-only players the same way like that run-away stuff ... No guard for the rest of the round or damage over time ... see these people boring people melting slowly ;)

MassiveD.
12-30-2017, 12:38 AM
Orochi has a sickenings fast ZA and Top Light attack ... even the "best meta players" weren't able to react on that as we saw on that embarressing 10000$ tournament

With PK you just do some fast lights and when you block shoves you you go for a dodge attack (doesn't work always but it's a 50/50)

All you said is pure nonsense, Orochi both light attacks and zone attacks are easy to parry, and blockable 100% , PK is 100% blockable if you always guard right.

Please stay on topic.

The fact is, after LB blocks a normal attack and presses GB, he gets an instant shove, and an instant light attack if he doesnt switch guard sides.

Most of the times that light is undodgable / unblockable

Arekonator
12-30-2017, 01:01 AM
You can roll away every single time.
You really can punish him with dodge attack if you start as soon as indicator appears. Unless its feinted heavy, you will get it.
If you are good enough you can punish him by deflecting lights after shove.
Or play character who can open turtles.

ChampionRuby50g
All you said is pure nonsense, Orochi both light attacks and zone attacks are easy to parry, and blockable 100% , PK is 100% blockable if you always guard right.

Please stay on topic.

The fact is, after LB blocks a normal attack and presses GB, he gets an instant shove, and an instant light attack if he doesnt switch guard sides.

Most of the times that light is undodgable / unblockable

The light is not undodgable. The only times it would be is due to input lag/session lag.

David_gorda
if you cant beat a lawbringer as pk or Orochi then you need to practice more . Pk zone and and 2 lighs Is the fastest attacks in the Game and pk animation makes it harder to react to then other attacks same speed. I suggest you watch some youtube videos how top pk fights. orochi isnt as good a pk but also much better then lawbringer.
This is coming from a console player if you play PC which its sounds like then you need to ask PC players.

MassiveD.
12-30-2017, 01:05 AM
if you cant beat a lawbringer as pk or Orochi then you need to practice more . Pk zone and and 2 lighs Is the fastest attacks in the Game and pk animation makes it harder to react to then other attacks same speed. I suggest you watch some youtube videos how top pk fights. orochi isnt as good a pk but also much better then lawbringer.
This is coming from a console player if you play PC which its sounds like then you need to ask PC players.

Really? No sh1t sherlock. In fact I would go so far and say that if you get hit by PK zone , go ahead and uninstall this game is not for you.

From now on I'm gonna ignore every single message that doesn't focus on the fact that we just did testing with a mate in 1v1 and it was a guaranteed attack after auto-shove nearly every single time if you didnt switch guards as LB.

Possibly new exploit?

Everyone go test

MassiveD.
12-30-2017, 01:07 AM
You can roll away every single time.
You really can punish him with dodge attack if you start as soon as indicator appears. Unless its feinted heavy, you will get it.
If you are good enough you can punish him by deflecting lights after shove.
Or play character who can open turtles.

I'm not talking about his regular shove, I'm talking about his autoshove after he blocks (LB block any attack + gb = automatic shove)

David_gorda
12-30-2017, 01:10 AM
Really? No sh1t sherlock. In fact I would go so far and say that if you get hit by PK zone , go ahead and uninstall this game is not for you.

From now on I'm gonna ignore every single message that doesn't focus on the fact that we just did testing with a mate in 1v1 and it was a guaranteed attack after auto-shove nearly every single time if you didnt switch guards as LB.

Possibly new exploit?

Everyone go test wrong i played lawbringer yesterday and People avoided My block shove light, thats why good lawbringer mix up between block shove light and block shove guardbreak.

Arekonator
12-30-2017, 01:15 AM
I'm not talking about his regular shove, I'm talking about his autoshove after he blocks (LB block any attack + gb = automatic shove)I know, same advice applies.

If you dodge attack as soon as indicator after shove appears, you will get it unless its a feint. Its possible to deflect the light after shove.

MassiveD.
12-30-2017, 01:33 AM
Ok so ignoring all Cpt. Obvious's , here's a video of me doing it over and over to lvl 3 Shaman bot.

In the first half of the video I just push hit her constantly, and in the second part of the video I just spam top light to show that she will deflect / parry every single time she's able to do so.

Same result I had doing the test with my friend, it seems that if you mash it really fast after the block, almost pressing light at the same time you block, and in particular with the left side attack, it seems to hit every single time.

Note that at 14 seconds I **** up and do it a bit slowly then the rest and she dodges no problem.

Note: if you switch directions at any time after the shove, the attack fails and is dodgable / deflectable / parryable every single time

ChampionRuby50g
12-30-2017, 05:40 AM
Sorry, but IMO this is not good evidence. For starters it’s a Bot you are fighting against. None of us can control how they are going to react or know if they either did dodge or decide to eat the light as it may have predicted a GB. Nothing in that video looked out of the ordinary to me, just because it’s a level 3 Bot doesn’t automatically mean it will counter everything.

I’ve never had a player or bot parry the light after block shove, I have had both deflect the Light and occasionally block it, but that is due to in game lag. The light is not blockable after shove, you have to dodge it. So again, going against a Bot to prove your point won’t work here. I think you need to do this in a custom with a friend for video Evidence. In a custom, as that is the closest we can get to a controlled test environment, if your friend can’t reliably dodge after block shove light then there is a potential bug. No matter what side you choose to light from it should be impossible to block, only dodge. Otherwise, it’s working as intended, and what you are experiencing online is probably just latency issues. Like I said before, this really just sounds like an issue with online connectivity instead of been a bug.

Knight_Raime
12-30-2017, 07:41 AM
Your evidence is with a bot. that's not good evidence.
I can consistently pull a trick on a level 3 bot with highlander that nets me caber toss 100% of the time. it never works in online play.
If you're an assassin and you remember the direction the guard was in when you were shoved you can dodge in that direction and attack.

If he throws a light you deflect it. if he goes for a GB it bounces off because you're attacking.
if you're not an assassin but have a mix up from neutral that opens up other turtles it'll probably work on LB as well.

Hormly
12-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Lawbringers :/

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 01:52 AM
As the title goes,

How does one actually beat a Lawbringer that refuses to attack, just waits to block into automatic shove+poke (that seems to be simply guaranteed if he doesnt switch direction of attack)

Let's say you are playing with Orochi or PK against him

So your evidence is you losing to a bot 1-7?

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 01:55 AM
So your evidence is you losing to a bot 1-7?

This video has nothing to do with me fighting the bot.

What is actually wrong with you?

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 01:58 AM

What's wrong with you? This lawbringer block shove into light is old news. You just wait and deflect it as an assassin.

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 03:22 AM
What's wrong with you? This lawbringer block shove into light is old news. You just wait and deflect it as an assassin.

Congratulations on completely missing the entire point of the thread

ChampionRuby50g
12-31-2017, 03:51 AM

As your “video evidence” has nothing to do with the title “how to beat turtle Lawbringer?” As already states, it’s not even evidence.

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 04:19 AM
As your “video evidence” has nothing to do with the title “how to beat turtle Lawbringer?” As already states, it’s not even evidence.

*Facepalm*

Oh dear.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 04:23 AM
Congratulations on completely missing the entire point of the thread

What is your point then?

Because all I've seen is a question asking how to beat lawbringers who just turtle by blocking into shove into poke. You claimed this was guaranteed which is incorrect. You then ask what if you're playing as a peace keeper or orochi? But both are assassins with deflects. Finally you post a video with you doing this block shove turtle strategy and you were losing 1-7 to a bot.

So what part am I missing?

Arekonator
12-31-2017, 04:24 AM
I tried to replicate it with friend but coudnt do it. He was able to dodge almost every time which you could blame on lagspike anything. Nowhere near consistency you are stating...

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 04:35 AM
What is your point then?

Because all I've seen is a question asking how to beat lawbringers who just turtle by blocking into shove into poke. You claimed this was guaranteed which is incorrect. You then ask what if you're playing as a peace keeper or orochi? But both are assassins with deflects. Finally you post a video with you doing this block shove turtle strategy and you were losing 1-7 to a bot.

So what part am I missing?

You missed the part where you haven't read 97% of the thread, do so and come again, if you still don't get it - don't bother participating, thanks

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 04:39 AM
I tried to replicate it with friend but coudnt do it. He was able to dodge almost every time which you could blame on lagspike anything. Nowhere near consistency you are stating...

Try pressing GB after block REALLY fast, like, when I was trying with a friend, I would 90% times press GB too early and get hit by his attack, it needs to be pressed almost as the same time as you block.

ArchDukeInstinct
12-31-2017, 04:40 AM
You missed the part where you haven't read 97% of the thread, do so and come again

Alright so because you failed to answer the question of what point you have, I'm just going to assume you don't have one.

MassiveD.
12-31-2017, 04:45 AM
Alright so because you failed to answer the question of what point you have, I'm just going to assume you don't have one.

That's ok, I already assumed you're an idiot and moved on with my life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No harm no foul

Arekonator
12-31-2017, 05:10 AM
Getting hit because i press GB too early is something that happens routinelly to me. Still coudnt replicate it with any degree of reliability though.

ChampionRuby50g
12-31-2017, 06:26 AM
That's ok, I already assumed you're an idiot and moved on with my life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No harm no foul

So is it routine for you to start insulting members and “face palming” when you’ve got nothing to back yourself up with? You’ve given no factual evidence as to why your “issue” is actually a thing, and expect us to take your word as law.

The point was that you thought LB could get a confirmed light after block shove no matter what. You tried to back this up with footage of you fighting a level 3 Shaman Bot, which literally proved nothing. You ignored myself and Raime stating how this video is doing nothing to back up your claims, and instead start to deflect everything off. I went into a custom match with a friend before and tried to replicate this, as Arekonator did and failed to do replicate your supposed issue. So you either need to supply actual evidence of this happening, or stop acting like a primary school kid in a argument.

We.the.North
12-31-2017, 08:28 AM
How to beat turtle Lawbringer?

If he uses revenge gear and a good pixel recognition auto-block / auto-cgb script, you can't beat him unless you quad dodge with Shinobi trying to catch him mid dodge.

Cheaters ... hate them.

IAmOddGirl
12-31-2017, 03:18 PM
You should by be able to time that shove into light move. I hardly ever use it as a guaranteed damage source against assassins. In fact I'll instead block shove and wait for the side dodge hit for an easy parry read. Turtles so far from what I've experienced are timid players. They rely on what they assume is a sure win. Just understand their thought process and apply pressure. Mix up everything you do, get them unsure of their safe playstyle, and never feel bad about doing something other's consider as cheap. Like with pk..get in their face..they don't want you there anyways, and light spam from a different guard stance. They are timid after all so don't assume they are gonna be parry gods. You could sometimes call out Spliced (Lawbringer main on PC) for turtling. All safe players will lose their patient strat with the right pressure applied or thinking they saw a mistake from you.

All this however just comes down to trial and error. No One here will have that magic strat to fully dominate any and all. You are your best source of experience. Practice and experience brings wisdom.
Adapt and overcome.

nufrancis
01-03-2018, 03:50 AM
Out of all heroes LB is the strongest in my opinion. In assumption the player have a very good defense, means block and parry.

I didnt affraid of Cent, Glad, PK or other heroes (still a bit affraid of Shaman :p)

He has the Block to Shove counter which is very annoying. Its 50-50 attack, either free light if we not dodge or GB.

in 4vs4 he has alll those annoying bombs, Long arm which is very effective for gang situation, and finally running stab which is dangerous if initiated from our blind side.

Lot of good LB in PS4. Even theres this player that can exploit Taunts/Emote to Feint his attack which is brilliant and at the same time annoying