PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Chain advice please

alandonovan
12-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Hi,
I am not a very dextrous/coordinated player and struggle with starting (and keeping going) an Infinite Chain. I even struggle against the Level 0 Bot!!
I am looking for some advice on technique, things like timings, sequence, fast, slow, mashing, what to press first. or together (you get the picture).
Any thoughts to help me, whilst maybe not master the IC, at least have a little more fun, because on the rare occasion I got one started it was very satisfying.
Thanks and HNY!! ;)

Alustar.
12-29-2017, 01:14 PM
I would suggest breaking it down into repeatable maneuvers in small segments working up to a full execution, by that I mean focus first on maybe landing a set of three attacks emphasizing a slow pace with each attack. Get your hands used to hitting your triggers in time with the pace of the hero. While doing this, first, focus on a single pattern. Up and left-repeating, for instance. What you are doing here is training for muscle memory, so that eventually you passively execute each attack with little thought.
Once you are used to that I would move on to training up your directional commands. Work on timing the input of different directions with the successive attacks within the chain.
From three I would move on to working in feint to your rotation to keep people from blocking or parrying you.
Hope this helps!

Knight_Raime
12-29-2017, 01:28 PM
For me I started with simple strings. Left>up>left>up. did that for awhile until it felt comfortable. then I did right>up>right>up for awhile. Then I did left>up>right>up>left for awhile.
Once I was comfortable with that I made my self familiar with deadly feint. By doing left light>left heavy>up light immediately after inputing left heavy. Did that for awhile. then did the same thing but for the other side. then I spent time starting from top light> top heavy> immediately to left light. then same thing but instead of left light immediately I did right light immediately.

By then I was comfortable enough with it that I started making my own strings in combos and occasionally letting an actual heavy in the combo go.
If you haven't already you should also look into adjusting your dead zones and top attack's input width. You can make it wider to make it easier to switch to the top. Or you can make it shorter to make it harder to switch to the top. Depending on what would work for you the most. I made mine wider since I struggled to go up input wise.

alandonovan
12-29-2017, 07:57 PM
alustar/Knight_Raime,
Yes, great tips. Something I can work on.
Thank you very much for your replies.

Vakris_One
12-30-2017, 12:16 AM
Some really good advice by Alustar and Knight Raime. I found that getting the hang of flowing through DJ Aramush-mush's infinite chain is all about getting into a rhythm, kind of like the steps in a dance - one>two>three, one>two>three, one>two>three ... well you get the point :)

Once you repeat it enough times it starts to feel natural as it becomes a part of your muscle memory. Once you have the feel of that rhythm down in your mind as the foundation stone you can then start mixing in heavy soft-feints into lights. At first it will mess a little with the sense of rhythm you had established previously but you'll get used to it much quicker than when learning how to do the infinite chain for the first time because you will have that founding rhythm as part of your muscle memory. Best advice I can give is try not to overthink things. Don't try to think two steps ahead of yourself, keep your mind in the now - I know this sounds like Yoda here but hey it works! - just relax and feel your way through it until the flow of movement feels natural.

alandonovan
12-30-2017, 08:50 AM
More good advice, thanks VO.