PDA

View Full Version : What would you rate for honor 1-10?

Waxfacts
12-27-2017, 09:46 PM
Honestly i think this game has great potential. Hopefully when the servers drop it will have a massive growth in player count. I think initially most people dropped the game because of connection issues and people who pushed through it also left because of balance, steel costs, etc. Now rating this game at its core, id give a 9/10 it has POTENTIAL for that. However thats theoretical and we do have to accept as of now, the player count is low, dedicated servers dont exist, and balance is an issue. So id give it a 5-6/10 as of now. Average to slightly above average. Once these servers drop i hope it gets some press. All the people who dropped it for that issue might pick it up again, because it really is its own unique type of game. Even though the community is pretty salty, this is one of the few games you can role play in a sense as these figures from history and whatever little honor you find in a match does feel good.

David_gorda
12-27-2017, 10:00 PM
Yeah i agree with you, Game has huge potential its no other Game like this on current market afaik. still alot of issues with the Game though.Will see how the Game develops. Had alot fun playing today with a friend i played with in season 2 anyways :D

bob333e
12-27-2017, 10:05 PM
I'd personally give it a 6.5/10 in its current state.

Pros:

- Awesome visuals, characters, armor styles, environments, shading and lighting, textures

- Unique characters that differ greatly from each other

- The animations are awesome

- Voices were done really well for the most part

- Music / OST is very nice

- Even though the environments lack openness, they still yield satisfactory sceneries with awesome detail

- The combat, very unique, immersive, never experienced something like it before. A new standard for fighting games

- The depth of customization, even though not fully flexible, is still very nice and has good depth

- The freedom to practice on your own all you want in either Practice Mode or Custom Match, which is a must in every multiplayer game

- High skill ceiling, and amazing learning curve

Cons:

- The game copied an entire mobile F2P MMO progression model, in an AAA full-priced title

- Microtransactions are lurking everywhere

- The Steel gain and XP gain progression trees are being severely limited by the above mentioned cons. You can only really accumulate Steel and XP with orders, which are casually handed to you, at a 24h/48h refresh rate, effectively bottlenecking your own personal progression performance, and severely punishing you if you miss just 1 order.

- Connectivity issues. Game should have had dedicated servers since launch.

- Poor/lackey design of some game modes: Dominion, Tribute

- Absence of 8v8 Siege Mode, and the game as it is can barely hold together a 4v4 Dominion match

- Extreme over-abundance of ledges and environmental hazards

- Ledges should be nonexistent in Ranked Tournament, and have like 1 hazard at best, in every map. Instead we just get full abundance. I mean, it's Ranked, it should force the player to use skill, not 1-shot cheese.

- Rampant technical issues concerning various heroes and various maps

- Unbalanced matchmaking system that works on uneven and vague calculations

- Poorly optimized combat environment flexibility: can't choose your own AI difficulty in PvAI, and bot threshold has been greatly casualized in a recent update

- HUD issues with several flashing messages blocking your view mid-combat

- Lack of a proper ban/kick system against cheaters/AFK farmers/lagswitchers

- Faction War is poorly designed and ultimately adds nothing of value to the game

- Faction War rewards are poorly distributed and ultimately do not give off the feeling of achievement

- No loyalty reward to players who remained true to their original Faction since starting the game

- No penalty for Faction hoppers

- Design-wise, the game is seeing a hard decline in quality these days. Too much recycling/reskinning of already-present gear

- Extreme poor design of how you acquire and change gear. RNG is not the ideal scenario, yet it dominates everything.

- Poor distribution of resources. You only really need Steel. And you have tons of Salvage sitting in the corner gathering dust.

- Story Mode is lackey at best, it's more of an over-glorified tutorial. Needs a lot more love. And needs expansion packs.

HazelrahFirefly
12-27-2017, 10:35 PM
7/10 for quality
10/10 for fun

Bit of an unfair rating system, I know. Thing is, as frustrated as I get with FH at times, I find myself logging on any chance I get instead of playing something else.

I don't agree with necessarily all of the above poster's critiques, but the game does have quite a few problems. Its still amazing to me that the game launched without true servers, and even more amazing that they are still to be implemented when coming up on a year.

Mia.Nora
12-27-2017, 11:26 PM
Graphics 10/10
Animations 10/10
Audio 10/10
General Theme and Design 10/10
Menus & Interface 3/10
Connectivity 2/10 (unacceptable in a AAA multiplayer game)
Matchmaking 0/10 (same as connectivity, completely unacceptable in an MP game)
Character Balance 5/10
Core Mechanics 5/10 (defense meta/parry still same problem as day 1 after 10 months)
Bugs/Glitch Fix/Introduce rate 4/10 (they cant seem to fix simple things like team shuffle without creating 3v5 teams.. WTF??)

Overall I would give it probably a 7-8/10 if it was a F2P game, but considering the price they charged I guess it falls back to 4-5/10 since it fails to deliver AAA promise.

Arekonator
12-27-2017, 11:50 PM
I would say solid 6. Its lot of fun when it actually works, but there is lot of frustrating issues you will inevitably run into.
Would not recommend buying at full price.

Knight_Raime
12-28-2017, 01:20 AM
7/10 in it's current state.
most bugs have been fixed and new ones (for the most part) are fixed within a reasonable time once reported and the devs openly acknowledge it.
Their continued effort to change the game to better suit a portion of the communities ideals for what they want from it is above and beyond for a developer.
That being said as someone who only really duels I am a bit let down about how team modes play out. What would make those playable for me doesn't seem in the scope of possibility.
Which is fine since I feel they are pretty unreasonable asks. But still.
That and even though I know the developers are working on rebalancing OG heros there hasn't been any word on them really addressing dlc heros beyond when they are in the spotlight.
I feel like shinobi, centurion, highlander, and aramusha all deserve a good bit of attention at some point. And the fact that some OG heros are in the sad state they were in at launch is something that has to be counted against them.

I love this game even if I don't play it as much as I did leading up into season 2. And i'd gladly buy another season pass as they have shown they care and are willing to go above and beyond the bare minimum from what is expected of developers post launch. They've more than earned the money I gave them already and I totally feel comfortable giving them more for more heros.

EDG_Avocado
12-28-2017, 02:27 AM
beta was an 8, right now its a 6 because there are not a lot of players so it takes time finding matches

nufrancis
12-28-2017, 02:57 AM
8, because FH is unique, no other game like this in the market. Graphic and movement are top notch, very2 detailed. If not because of the connection and lack of game mode I will give a 10

Alustar.
12-28-2017, 06:39 AM
I'd give it an 8/10 myself as well, it has flaws, but nothing that make it widely unplayable. As a friend of mine has said, this is the first game like this he has ever seen. Three is no other game like this, and I finally have a game that placates my killer urge with visceral, and satisfying violence.

Tundra 793
12-28-2017, 06:45 AM
Like the Prequels, the potential is 11/10.

The execution, probably about 6/10, 6.5/10. Personally I'd put it at 7/10 at this point.

nufrancis
12-28-2017, 07:27 AM
Like the Prequels, the potential is 11/10.

The execution, probably about 6/10, 6.5/10. Personally I'd put it at 7/10 at this point.

Prequels?

Tundra 793
12-28-2017, 07:47 AM
Prequels?

The Prequels. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars#Prequel_trilogy
It's a metaphor.

mrmistark
12-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Potential: 10/10
Current state: 6/10

Honestly the disconnects really arenít bad anymore IMO. What holds this game back is the lack of balancing, leveling, and quick responses to bugs. The game is fun and unique, but I must say all the patience Iíve had for it this past year has me worn out at this point. Each release of the new characters was just enough to to get me back into it again (except season 2 with Shinobi and centurion, both really not my style) and keep being excited. Now I literally sit and watch the level meter go up 1 level as I complete 3 orders in one match. Talk about unrewarding. Not to mention Iím also at the point as a player where I either completely stomp or get stomped 1 on 1 and with team games I either get a winning team I which case Iím just helping to speed up the process of an obvious victory or have a horrible team where I might as well be playing by myself. Thatís just where Iím at with this game. Iím the horrible place of in between tiers kind of player. Not good enough to beat the really good players but better than average and above average players.

Mtcmnkk
12-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Concept 10/10.
Gameplay 7.5/10- sometimes feel as if my character doesn't respond and ganking of course.
Graphics don't care/10
Execution 4/10- Ubi might have screwed the pooch here

Dane520123
12-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Potential of a 10/10

But rn it's a 3.5/10 only reason I even play it still is because it's a little diff from the usua fighting games I play.

DAC.CaSs
12-28-2017, 11:52 PM
The ideea of the game and the visual looks awesome .

My rate ? 3/10 the ideea is all this game have .

Dead couse of the poor optimization ? Yes and that's soon and i rly hope it dies couse this ubisoft dudes need to learn a leason . they need to loose everything mby thats how they learn the triple AAA games dose not have this ****y problems

Final rate 3/10 . i better go play CS then stay in this game more and be beaten by bugs/lag/disconnections ETC

Bradley---
12-29-2017, 03:51 PM
hmm i would say a 4/10 is you play competitive and maybe a 8/10 if you just play for fun the thing is in competitice this game just sucks its not balanced at all and there are many spammers and people that turtle for fun the game can be pretty good i noticed iton the new icemap its fun to just run around and push people off yet the map is broken becuase of the bug and it kinda ruins it for me