- Gladiator - Outfit - Shattered Ice

- Shaman - Color - Black Ice

- Highlander - Ornament - Frost Wind Crest

- No loot found

- No loot found

https://i.imgur.com/zh3N1dJ.gif

David_gorda
12-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Yeah its annoying, i Guess they do it to force players to play as much as possible to get the gear they want. Sucks to get stuff to classes i havent unlocked and never Will play.

bob333e
12-27-2017, 08:44 PM
Sucks to get stuff to classes i havent unlocked and never Will play.

Right? I don't even own any DLC hero

AlexHuaTian
12-27-2017, 09:58 PM
How come there is no winter loot for vs AI or am I doing it wrong?

David_gorda
12-27-2017, 10:02 PM
How come there is no winter loot for vs AI or am I doing it wrong? i dont play vs AI but i think Fady Said you have to play brawl vs AI to get loot not duels.

bob333e
12-27-2017, 10:32 PM
Yep, Duel PvAI doesn't count, you must do Brawl or 4v4 in PvAI if you want the event loot

Jazz117Volkov
12-27-2017, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of stuff for characters I don't play / own. I think I've gotten one Avalanche effect for the Warden (my main), but that's it.

I wouldn't put it past Ubi to lower the chance for your higher rep characters. Cheating players in an attempt to bleed money out of them is the latest in hot garbage from AAA developers.

bob333e
12-27-2017, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I've gotten a bunch of stuff for characters I don't play / own. I think I've gotten one Avalanche effect for the Warden (my main), but that's it.

I wouldn't put it past Ubi to lower the chance for your higher rep characters. Cheating players in an attempt to bleed money out of them is the latest in hot garbage from AAA developers.

You've hit the nail right there. Couldn't have summarized it better myself. You da man.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/fngrgnz.gif

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 11:50 PM
I kind of like getting all of this stuff for random characters. Personally I feel that since I don't play them often my chances of getting unique effects and such would be limited to the characters in familiar with. Also I have notice a marked increase in the rarity and frequency when playing on characters with rep levels above rep 8 ish. I ran several matches on my shaman below rep 7 and was getting a couple here and there. Switching to my rep 17 PK I was hitting them every match 2 at a time.
I do agree, avalanche is a rather lack later effect, I could have sworn we had that one already?

bob333e
12-28-2017, 12:09 AM
I kind of like getting all of this stuff for random characters. Personally I feel that since I don't play them often my chances of getting unique effects and such would be limited to the characters in familiar with. Also I have notice a marked increase in the rarity and frequency when playing on characters with rep levels above rep 8 ish. I ran several matches on my shaman below rep 7 and was getting a couple here and there. Switching to my rep 17 PK I was hitting them every match 2 at a time.
I do agree, avalanche is a rather lack later effect, I could have sworn we had that one already?

It's nice to get some stuff for other characters we don't use or barely use, but come on, the drop rate is so unfair and rather insulting to us players. It heavily favors characters you don't use and tends to prioritize heroes you've barely or never used.... at least for me. Which then would lead to crossing the event's set deadline and there would still be stuff you're wanting to acquire (most likely for your main heroes) which then entices buying a package that includes all of the stuff (minus weapons) at 35,000 Steel per Faction.

Also I've noticed the drop rate for weapon parts for the character you are using, is even lower than the effects/colors/outfit event loot. It's really like, if you want the weapon, grind forever on the effects and colors and outfits for every other hero; if you want the effects for the hero you are using, better use another hero to get them. You're super lucky if you're getting event loot every 2 matches on your main hero!

And yeah, Avalanche is pretty lackluster. It's a mishmash of the already-existing Blizzard and Downpour effects, with maybe extra added frost. Plus it looks silly. It's literally snowing big rocks right on your head. I know it's free content, but at this point I feel we are entitled to free content, seeing as how they bottleneck your own performance in-game, with limited and gauged (and timed) Steel income and XP gain, and RNGfestation all over. As if this was a mobile F2P game.

Vakris_One
12-28-2017, 12:28 AM
I share your pain Fady. The majority of items I have gotten are for characters I haven't even unlocked.

https://i.imgur.com/VdlDVYQ.gif

Knight_Raime
12-28-2017, 01:13 AM
I do agree it's a little silly to get things for someone you haven't unlocked.
Though at the same time I can totally see someone complain after an events close that they picked up a hero they hadn't tried before and are bummed that their hours into the event didn't net them anything for that hero.

Personally I think the whole thing could just be side stepped by offering all the event items in a bundle for specific characters and specific factions/class type for a lump sum of steel.
That way people who have endless steel for only maining one hero could easily get their mains gear.

bob333e
12-28-2017, 01:20 AM
I do agree it's a little silly to get things for someone you haven't unlocked.
Though at the same time I can totally see someone complain after an events close that they picked up a hero they hadn't tried before and are bummed that their hours into the event didn't net them anything for that hero.

Personally I think the whole thing could just be side stepped by offering all the event items in a bundle for specific characters and specific factions/class type for a lump sum of steel.
That way people who have endless steel for only maining one hero could easily get their mains gear.

Fair point. The packages are already happening, they'll be available as of Dec.28th I think. But 35,000 Steel per Faction tho, for the package? it's too much imo. It only incentivizes microtransactions... one of my biggest gripes with this game.

Knight_Raime
12-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Fair point. The packages are already happening, they'll be available as of Dec.28th I think. But 35,000 Steel per Faction tho, for the package? it's too much imo. It only incentivizes microtransactions... one of my biggest gripes with this game.

Don't the packages only cover ornaments and the like? I was referring to those AND the event weapons.
I'm personally fine with micro dlcs as a concept. so long as they are handled fairly within the confines of the game.
In for honors case since it's majorily cosmetic I don't have an issue. They could easily side step p2w in my idea by just having perma frost looks as an option. So say you get a better weapon gear stat wise but want to have it look like the frost weapon. you could have an unlimited use frost weapon skin from the bundle that lets you apply that on your better stat weapon.

bob333e
12-28-2017, 01:31 AM
Don't the packages only cover ornaments and the like? I was referring to those AND the event weapons.
I'm personally fine with micro dlcs as a concept. so long as they are handled fairly within the confines of the game.
In for honors case since it's majorily cosmetic I don't have an issue. They could easily side step p2w in my idea by just having perma frost looks as an option. So say you get a better weapon gear stat wise but want to have it look like the frost weapon. you could have an unlimited use frost weapon skin from the bundle that lets you apply that on your better stat weapon.

Yeah, the weapons are solely acquirable via event loot; after the event ends, the weapons won't be acquirable anymore, not even in the bundles. Which is silly. As you've stated, some people would like to try new heroes post-event, and some others don't have the proper time to farm during the event. Add to all that, RNGfestation.

You're right, the microtransactions are purely cosmetic here, but that's not my core gripe; my core gripe, is that this game's progression has been based off of a mobile F2P MMO, where you're not allowed to farm too much, and they don't want you to level up too fast so that you pay money to level up faster and get better gear. This is tragically the same concept here. You're being bottlenecked by the severe limitation of Steel and XP gain, acquirable mostly through orders, which are in no way flexible or can be adapted to individual progression timelines. They expire, refresh, erase themselves. You lose a ton of Steel if you, say, don't play for 3 days. Hence why people would resort to microtransactions, to buy more Steel (which then is spent on cosmetics). The core issue is the bottleneck system which has no place in a full-priced AAA product.

Knight_Raime
12-28-2017, 05:51 AM
Yeah, the weapons are solely acquirable via event loot; after the event ends, the weapons won't be acquirable anymore, not even in the bundles. Which is silly. As you've stated, some people would like to try new heroes post-event, and some others don't have the proper time to farm during the event. Add to all that, RNGfestation.

You're right, the microtransactions are purely cosmetic here, but that's not my core gripe; my core gripe, is that this game's progression has been based off of a mobile F2P MMO, where you're not allowed to farm too much, and they don't want you to level up too fast so that you pay money to level up faster and get better gear. This is tragically the same concept here. You're being bottlenecked by the severe limitation of Steel and XP gain, acquirable mostly through orders, which are in no way flexible or can be adapted to individual progression timelines. They expire, refresh, erase themselves. You lose a ton of Steel if you, say, don't play for 3 days. Hence why people would resort to microtransactions, to buy more Steel (which then is spent on cosmetics). The core issue is the bottleneck system which has no place in a full-priced AAA product.

I can feel your frustration. I just don't have a solution in mind off the top of my head.

Tundra 793
12-28-2017, 05:59 AM
I've no idea if it's confirmed the weapon skins won't be in the character bundles.

But they will include everything else for each character in individual bundles. And I think they'll do the same type of discount thing as with the Halloween event. So if, just by grinding, you've gotten maybe the outfit and ornament, or you just bought the mask, the price of the bundle adjusts so you'll only be paying for the items you haven't unlocked for that character.

bob333e
12-28-2017, 01:46 PM
I can feel your frustration. I just don't have a solution in mind off the top of my head.

Don't blame yourself too harshly, it's up to the devs to figure out a new system that actually fits in an AAA title, not us players. We can merely provide ideas and suggestions (and hoping they'll listen). I would go through the trouble of devising a concept of a completely new system and start from there; but to have all that go to waste by not having the devs take the feedback, would be annoying.

Also, I've read your post in that "spammy poll" thread, but I'd prefer to reply to you here: you're not an "unwelcome" individual, quite the contrary. You're among the most prominent and most helpful members on here. Only crybabies will take your messages personally and target you in their replies, just because you don't agree with them and present them solid facts that contradict their arguments. And I, personally, don't care what crybabies think about me or my posts. I ignore them most of the time. And seeing how the OP replied to my message in his thread, being overly defensive and taking me for toxic behavior, just because I don't agree with his view and told him to practice more, well hah, I got nothing more to say to him. He'll be ignored.

So if, just by grinding, you've gotten maybe the outfit and ornament, or you just bought the mask, the price of the bundle adjusts so you'll only be paying for the items you haven't unlocked for that character.

Yeah true, at least that. The price will adjust based on what you farmed by yourself. Still.. this whole system is one big mess. A mess that favors RNG worship, and microtransactions. Both of which are out-of-place mechanics for For Honor. :(

Vakris_One
12-28-2017, 03:15 PM
2 easy quick fix solutions for the RNG loot drops:

1) Apply the same thing they did with the rewards in ranked Duel, i.e. loot drops are for the character you are playing as. Once you have looted everything for that character then loot drops start to be randomly distributed to other characters like it is now. This way you can get your favourite characters kitted out simply by playing with them and after that RNG can over.

or

2) Use Rocket League's idea of a special event currency that is only used for as long as the event lasts. Rocket League calls it "snowflakes". This event currency should drop after every match and can be used to buy any of the event cosmetic items. This way you can actually obtain specific items that you want for any one of your characters. Takes the RNG completely out of the picture other than for the weapon drops.

Alustar.
12-28-2017, 03:24 PM

1) Apply the same thing they did with the rewards in ranked Duel, i.e. loot drops are for the character you are playing as. Once you have looted everything for that character then loot drops start to be randomly distributed to other characters like it is now. This way you can get your favourite characters kitted out simply by playing with them and after that RNG can over.

or

2) Use Rocket League's idea of a special event currency that is only used for as long as the event lasts. Rocket League calls it "snowflakes". This event currency should drop after every match and can be used to buy any of the event cosmetic items. This way you can actually obtain specific items that you want for any one of your characters. Takes the RNG completely out of the picture other than for the weapon drops.

Honestly, why I'd like to see them do a clever mix of both. In some of the popular MMOs, that's the model they run with I believe? You have random drops of holiday currency and items. This way you have plenty of options, and you make the content accessible to pretty much anyone from casual to hardcore

bob333e
12-28-2017, 03:57 PM

or

These are awesome suggestions! and I second alustar; a clever mix of both can certainly be very efficient here. All the while, saving up your precious Steel for non-event stuff, and spending a different currency on event-specific items. I definitely encourage your first point. This is how it's supposed to be in the first place. The priority is strictly to the characters you are playing at a given time. RNG can take over later.

Another way this can get easily implemented without the hassle of introducing a third type of resource, we could use Salvage for event-specific items. While keeping the Salvage pricetag real, of course; not inflate Avalanche execution effect at 80,000 Salvage for example. That would just kill the entire concept from square one.

The idea of randomized loot allows you to stock up on Salvage after every match, since 90% of the time you get loot you don't want or need. A hotfix to this broken system would simply be, open more uses for Salvage, keep Steel restricted solely for outfits, effects, emotes, executions, and ornaments. This also means Change Look and gear upgrade no longer cost Steel. Also, during seasonal events, dismantling gear should yield twice as much Salvage. And of course, during a seasonal event, we should have the choice of either spending Salvage on event-specific items (which should be readily available in the customization menus), or grinding through matches to unlock them via loot (which prioritizes the character played, however drop rate will still be tough).

This is all of course a hotfix, until they can completely get rid of the RNGfestation. Which won't be easy at all. This requires implementing a "blacksmith shop" in the customization menus, where tier-specific gear will remain locked (however still visible and viewable) until you reach higher reps, then can be purchased (with Salvage, not Steel). And the matches yield Salvage, XP, and Steel. No more dismantling, no more unnecessary inventory cluttering. No more "no loot found" screens. And the gear you purchase gets its look saved in a "journal" if you wish to do a Change Look later. Which also shouldn't force them to increase inventory size beyond 60. It's an entirely different system.

And since RNG is gone upon implementation of the above system, daily orders and contract orders aren't RNG-centric anymore; you pick what you'd like to complete, from a pool of, say, 20 orders or so. And they don't refresh at 24h/48h. They can be "signed" to accept them, and you unlock more orders in the order pool via doing matches. And there's no limit on how much you can farm in one day. And you may "sign" like a dozen orders at once if you wish. You'll need to complete them if you wish to sign more orders. (Signing is permanent, can't unequip the order unless completed. However there's no expiration timer on anything.) The only "RNG" factor here would be what orders get unlocked upon doing matches, is all. Beyond that, RNG does not interfere with the entire game.

Side note: since it's a "blacksmith shop", you can choose to "forge" armor with a different material, should you wish silver instead of bronze, for example. And when you'd like to change back to bronze, you can "re-forge". Forging and re-forging cost more Salvage, and a bit of Steel. And of course, certain materials may only be forged at specific reputation tiers. Also, forging isn't limited to just material, it also involves engravings/embossings on armor. And, just like material, certain engravings/embossings may only be used at higher tiers.

And all this does not exempt the Double XP events from happening; they still happen. Double XP per each match and per order completed. One Double XP weekend during or after each seasonal event or something.

I could go on. My god, now For Honor is sounding a heck of a lot more entertaining to play...