PDA

View Full Version : Revenge buff suggestions and opinions

Mtcmnkk
12-27-2017, 07:08 PM
I'll start off by saying revenge is in a very good (almost perfect) state. Much better than it was 10 months ago. However, a couple things bother me about it still.

1. Imo revenge should prevent any form of non attacking unblockables to stagger you. So imo, for example, the gladiator toe stab wouldn't stagger you (gladiator is my number 2 currently so don't pretend I'm hating on glad). More extreme examples are (after you've already popped revenge) Valk spear sweep doesn't knock you down, shug and shaman hugs don't work, raider stampede charge and warlords shield charge don't work (I use both them too). Warden and LB bashes don't stagger you ect.

2. Revenge beats all the full block stuff. You can still full block and take only chip damage but it doesn't stop the revenged attacker.

3. Revenge can be popped at any time. So when you're being bear hugged by shug, knocked on your butt from valk sweep... imo, you should be able to activate it as soon as it becomes available.

I feel very strongly about 2 and 3.

CLIFFS: imo revenge needs a little bit of a boost in how powerful it is. I think above are some points that Ubi should consider.
I PERSONALLY WOULD BE WILLING TO MAKE IT HARDER TO GAIN REVENGE IF IT MEANT REVENGE WOULD BE STRONGER and perhaps including some of the above

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 07:14 PM
Yeah I think this needs looked at, with the rampant amount of crowd control we have currently it does make it that much more difficult to execute and utilize revenge when all the opposing team has to do is have one person spam knock backs before the revenged player has time to react.
As to the rate of build I would like to see 1v1 and 2v1 be adjusted to accommodate. With the current values they see fine, but if those changes came I think those areas might suffer.

Mtcmnkk
12-27-2017, 08:41 PM
Holy cow we agree on something. You went up 2 points sir. Imo (some) of the things that make this game great and unique, the unblockable kicks and such, are the things that revenge should break able to overcome. It just doesn't make sense if I'm facing 2 people, one is a cent, and I have revenge; that he can jump heavy attack and punch me to the ground. I would rather make revenge harder to get but more powerful attacking and defending

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Holy cow we agree on something. You went up 2 points sir. Imo (some) of the things that make this game great and unique, the unblockable kicks and such, are the things that revenge should break able to overcome. It just doesn't make sense if I'm facing 2 people, one is a cent, and I have revenge; that he can jump heavy attack and punch me to the ground. I would rather make revenge harder to get but more powerful attacking and defending

Lol, imagine my shock. Granted, I don't think I would have had this mentality before the release of season 3 after seeing the clear direction of the heroes. The only caution I would exercise is keeping revenge from being too good of an attacking tool, but like you suggested, increasing the time needed to activate it would help there. But all in all, I do see revenge becoming less relevant as players become more coordinated in their attacks.

Waxfacts
12-27-2017, 10:07 PM
Revenge should only really happen when outnumbered. I dont know how ignoring all CC would affect revenge, but i do agree its quite annoying to be outnumber, think "maybe i can pull this back" and then immediately get demon embraced, toe poked, charged, etc. Preventing you from using your revenge or activating it at all. However i dont think revenge mode should be insta win cut through everything, then again there is always the option to just run away from the person whos revenge is active... idk its a slippery slope. Usually i just end up getting pushed in corners and get hit with so much CC and unblockables at the same time i dont even get revenge.

nufrancis
12-28-2017, 11:30 AM
players become more coordinated in their attacks.

Agreed, now in ganging situation the "smart" players usually just stop attacking and wait until the revenge ends. Only if theres a very clear opportunity they will attack.

I agree with OP suggestion that in revenge mode we should be immune to stagger.

Mtcmnkk
12-28-2017, 06:28 PM
It seems to me, itt, we agree revenge shouldn't be affected by stagger (ex cent kicks). And we would be in favor of a stronger revenge in exchange for it being harder to get.
Ubi take note.

I would really like to hear more opinions. Imo a slight revenge change can really help the game and bring more thought to the game instead of blindly attacking and ganking with no real consequences. I really think mind games are an important part of this game and that's what really separates it from the other fighting games and part of why I love this game so much. I would just like to see it play a more prominent role in 4v4 game modes

Okita_Soji..
12-28-2017, 07:38 PM
What I hate is when I activate revenge in a 2v1 or 3v1 and I'm locked on and blocking one direction and get GB from the side or picked up by a Raider and carried all the while still being hit. Cent shouldn't be able to knock me down and do the pin, again while the others are hitting me.

UbiJurassic
12-28-2017, 07:50 PM
Thanks for sharing the suggestion, Mtcmnkk! Revenge used to be a very large pain point in the community during the game's launch, as it was too strong and could be activated too often. After the nerfs to it and its gear stats, it definitely dropped to a weaker, but more stable footing within the community. However, we've definitely seen the comments from players asking for us to take a look at possibly giving it a minor boost to help in ganking situations. I can certainly note the suggestion down for the team.

As this topic is somewhat polarizing, I'd love to see if we can get more opinions on the proposed suggestion. What does everyone else think?

Devils-_-legacy
12-29-2017, 04:53 AM
Yes but you done the nurf when the hero's had way more simple kits now there designed to the point where they have a trick for every situation I'm not asking for God mode back but it isn't a aint gank tool anymore if there is anyway for immune to lbe and raiders running Attack/grab would be a good idea as premades always seem to use that tactic on revenge normal from out if view

NHLGoldenKnight
12-29-2017, 06:05 AM
You kidding me?

Revenge needs nerf not buff. Almost every time in 1vs2 situations I easily kill my opponents after activating revenge. And I feel bad about that to be honest.

Playing this game involves tactics and planning. Stick to your team and choose your fights carefully.

There is already bunch of players who are abusing revenge by intentionally attacking 2 or 3 players, switching to defense only until they ger revenge because they maxed it in stats. And after one revenge goes another one and another one.....

So if you buff revenge even more, do you want to guess what is going to happen? Everyone will max out revenge stats and turtiling until it gets activated. Pretty easy kills, most off the time. Especially if you are already using one of the slightly op heroes.

crazyorigin
12-30-2017, 01:20 AM
The only think I find Revenge mode useful for anymore is simply to engage it to knock any one attacking you at the time on the ground. Outside of that I find it completly useless. Even if an opponent gets Revenge mode pocketed I usually don't avoid them especially after they pop it I just keep attacking.