PDA

View Full Version : Northern Dragon Mask

Helnekromancer
12-27-2017, 06:59 AM
Hello there, love the Northern Dragon mask for the Samurai this Event, but the size of the mask is too large for the head, and it looks abit off putting.

If all the mask for the Samurai could be the scale down to their face like the Aramusha's it would look much better and more intimidating.

But for right now when I play with the Orochi, Nobushi, Shinobi, and Kensei, it feels like this.

https://i.imgur.com/M1GhGij.jpg

Alustar.
12-27-2017, 08:57 AM
I laughed way harder than I should have.
At least you actually have a mask though, not some strange voodoo/Viking ritual montage, lol
Totally agree though, I feel the knight and samurai make are a bit too large

Tundra 793
12-27-2017, 10:50 AM
But for right now when I play with the Orochi, Nobushi, Shinobi, and Kensei, it feels like this.

https://i.imgur.com/M1GhGij.jpg

Knowing the devs, that was probably the visual they were going for anyway.

I think the masks are supposed to be big and flashy though. 'Tis a Dragon after all.

Helnekromancer
12-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Knowing the devs, that was probably the visual they were going for anyway.

I think the masks are supposed to be big and flashy though. 'Tis a Dragon after all.

I thought this too at first, but they have already made several design mistakes already, with the Valk Execution, and the Viking Bufallo Mask. I only question if what we get is correct.

The first set of "masks" were actual masks, but this time around, the Knights and Samurai now have "masks" that take up there entire head. So now that mask just looks like a bobblehead.

I'm all for big and flashy. but the proportions are way too off. Look at Aramusha and then look at Nobushi or Orochi and tell me which do you prefer.

Because I would rather have a mask that covers my face than a mask that takes up my entire head, covering up my Ornament.

bob333e
12-27-2017, 06:33 PM
they have already made several design mistakes already, with the Valk Execution, and the Viking Bufallo Mask.

...and Highlander's coin toss emote, when seen in reverse. ;)

No but really, I agree. Design-wise, the game has been gradually degrading. It was ace pre-launch, then kept rolling downhill as the months passed by. Now it's mostly recycles, reskins, and stuff that feels like was put together in a 30min lunch break, such as the Avalanche effect, the Viking Mask, etc. (I get that the Avalanche effect is free stuff but this does not warrant giving us unfinished, unpolished content. Plus they're already forcing a mobile F2P MMO model down our throats, so at the very least, they do owe us free content).

RealJayDee1984
12-28-2017, 12:12 AM
It's really making it easy for me to save my steel this event. The only thing that'd somewhat tempt me would be the Dragon head for the Shugoki, but he already has the Demon mask going, which is just perfect. I'm just waiting for the event where there's something fitting for the Warden. This event really only has the me interested in the weapon parts.

bob333e
12-28-2017, 12:19 AM
It's really making it easy for me to save my steel this event. The only thing that'd somewhat tempt me would be the Dragon head for the Shugoki, but he already has the Demon mask going, which is just perfect. I'm just waiting for the event where there's something fitting for the Warden. This event really only has the me interested in the weapon parts.

I agree, the demon mask fits the Shugoki way better than the frost dragon mask. I also agree, the tundra gryphon mask fits best on Lawbringer, Cent and Glad; not on Warden. As for Warden's sword, the hilt and guard are a must-get; don't bother about the blade, it's the exact same Aragon blade, with a different name, and a faintly different spike length along the edges.

RealJayDee1984
12-28-2017, 12:34 AM
I agree, the demon mask fits the Shugoki way better than the frost dragon mask. I also agree, the tundra gryphon mask fits best on Lawbringer, Cent and Glad; not on Warden. As for Warden's sword, the hilt and guard are a must-get; don't bother about the blade, it's the exact same Aragon blade, with a different name, and a faintly different spike length along the edges.

Shugoki + demon mask + head squish execution = making me ignore that I suck playing as Shugoki. Guess I have to play a bit to get the Warden stuff. I didn't have too much time to play since the event started. Do you know if crates have a chance to drop event items?

David_gorda
12-28-2017, 12:49 AM
Shugoki + demon mask + head squish execution = making me ignore that I suck playing as Shugoki. Guess I have to play a bit to get the Warden stuff. I didn't have too much time to play since the event started. Do you know if crates have a chance to drop event items?
Thats what i am using on My shugoki :D. Havent opened any crates but devs Said in live stream you can loot the ice weapons from crates.

RealJayDee1984
12-28-2017, 12:56 AM
Thats what i am using on My shugoki :D. Havent opened any crates but devs Said in live stream you can loot the ice weapons from crates.

It's just too perfect a combination. :o Good to hear about the crates, tha might save me some time. I think I still have about 70+ of those around.

bob333e
12-28-2017, 01:15 AM
Shugoki + demon mask + head squish execution = making me ignore that I suck playing as Shugoki.

Hah! Don't judge yourself too hard; playing as Shugoki, is hard. The fact that you reached the point of executing your opponent, is more than good already; you're defeating people with Shugoki!

Guess I have to play a bit to get the Warden stuff. I didn't have too much time to play since the event started. Do you know if crates have a chance to drop event items?

Affirmative, you can use crates for the event loot; though beware, the drop rate is rather low, so you could end up wasting quite a number of crates.

Thats what i am using on My shugoki :D.

My best excuse to buy demon mask is for Shugoki, it just fits him like a glove. He can look like a real demon. I'll sadly probably avoid Tundra Gryphon seeing as I main Warden, I don't really use Lawbringer, and I don't own Cent or Glad; and this mask looks best on LB, Cent and Glad.