PDA

View Full Version : Higher Rep Level, but lower Skill?

AkenoKobayashi
12-26-2017, 10:21 PM
Explain to me how I have lower skill than all three of my teammates, yet they don't even equal half of my total Rep score when their Reps are added together? I have played since S1. I have a Rep 22, almost 23 Kensei who is my main. My Rep level is 83. Tell my how my skill is lower than a Rep 1, Rep 5, and a Rep 9. Explain "Skill Level" to me.

bob333e
12-26-2017, 10:26 PM
Explain "Skill Level" to me.

According to the game? it's the K/D ratio. As in, how many times you killed opponents and won matches versus how many times you died and lost matches. So, someone who ragequits on every loss to avoid registering that loss, has equal kill count to you but much less loss count than you, making him "more skilled" than you.

Similarly, if you did Brawls with a friend and goofed around much, and died a lot, and those losses all got registered, you're not "skilled" anymore.

And don't even get me started on the Ice Brawler event.

The whole K/D thing is a joke. And the matchmaker is an even bigger joke. Don't take them seriously.

Alustar.
12-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Piggy backing on Fady, totally agree. The game's method of calculating skill should be taken with a grain of salt, if at all. Honestly, you should gauge skill by an actual match. You will never know how good someone is or isn't by looking at arbitrary numbers on a leaderboard with no context to the actual game play.
Which is coincidentally why I maintain I am a ****ty player. I know where my faults are better than someone looking at my stats will.

David_gorda
12-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Piggy backing on Fady, totally agree. The game's method of calculating skill should be taken with a grain of salt, if at all. Honestly, you should gauge skill by an actual match. You will never know how good someone is or isn't by looking at arbitrary numbers on a leaderboard with no context to the actual game play.
Which is coincidentally why I maintain I am a ****ty player. I know where my faults are better than someone looking at my stats will.you Said before you were great in 4vs 4 but i exposed you and showed your Kd in deathmatch games was Below 1 and winratio like 51%. Funny you tell other People to git Gud and that you have no problem party shaman light attacks lol.... :D

UbiJurassic
12-26-2017, 11:18 PM
Explain to me how I have lower skill than all three of my teammates, yet they don't even equal half of my total Rep score when their Reps are added together? I have played since S1. I have a Rep 22, almost 23 Kensei who is my main. My Rep level is 83. Tell my how my skill is lower than a Rep 1, Rep 5, and a Rep 9. Explain "Skill Level" to me.

With the release of 1.17 on December 18th, the MMR in normal matches was reset. That's why you will see some weird pairings in term of skill level for each player. It should begin to even as you play more matches.

AkenoKobayashi
12-26-2017, 11:21 PM
It's insulting to see a noob with 1/10th of my Rep level, and the face off screen tell me they have higher skill with their overall Rep 3 and Rep 1 Warden next to my Rep 83 and Rep 22 Kensei.