PDA

View Full Version : request for performance figures-especially corner speed of the airplanes

RIO_66
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
hi oleg!

there are some many planes available in FB now.
somebody can take-off fly and land with them, but to really max them out it would be nice to have some performance figures of them.

eg. stalling speed with flaps in landing conf.
best climb speed, corner speed, speed for max. sustained turn, etc..

i mean those speeds should be available to really get the best out of each plane by knowing what is possible and what not to do
yesterday i was fighting down a damaged P-51 (aileron control was damaged). i managed to land with rudders only. when i watched the video i realized that i landed the ship with some 140 km/h. i had no idea that was possible. i always landed at something like 170-190 km/h.

manoeuvre diagrams with SEP (specific excess power) and turn radii would be optimal (to look up corner speed), but stating the most importand numbers would do.

i saw a thread on that but no official answer, yet.

or does anybody have a summary of those values (maybe from the real planes => to get an rough order og magnitude)

btw. i really appreciate the work you and your team are doing. that's by far the best prop sim out there and it'S getting better. keep up your good work and don't listen too much to all these whiners :-)

RIO

RIO_66
01-16-2004, 11:59 AM
hi oleg!

there are some many planes available in FB now.
somebody can take-off fly and land with them, but to really max them out it would be nice to have some performance figures of them.

eg. stalling speed with flaps in landing conf.
best climb speed, corner speed, speed for max. sustained turn, etc..

i mean those speeds should be available to really get the best out of each plane by knowing what is possible and what not to do
yesterday i was fighting down a damaged P-51 (aileron control was damaged). i managed to land with rudders only. when i watched the video i realized that i landed the ship with some 140 km/h. i had no idea that was possible. i always landed at something like 170-190 km/h.

manoeuvre diagrams with SEP (specific excess power) and turn radii would be optimal (to look up corner speed), but stating the most importand numbers would do.

i saw a thread on that but no official answer, yet.

or does anybody have a summary of those values (maybe from the real planes => to get an rough order og magnitude)

btw. i really appreciate the work you and your team are doing. that's by far the best prop sim out there and it'S getting better. keep up your good work and don't listen too much to all these whiners :-)

RIO

ivankuturkokoff
01-16-2004, 01:31 PM
Rio-66

send me an Email, might have something for you http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ttail@zip.com.au