PDA

View Full Version : Info on operating the He111

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi!
Could anyone guide me to some useful sites?
I'm trying out the He111 campaign, but my fellow AI pilots seem to get more out of their Heinkels than I do.
I've been through the Stewart's Guide (Thank's a lot Stewart!!!) but I'm still ending up way behind the formation and usually in flames.
(Use Full Real)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Hi!
Could anyone guide me to some useful sites?
I'm trying out the He111 campaign, but my fellow AI pilots seem to get more out of their Heinkels than I do.
I've been through the Stewart's Guide (Thank's a lot Stewart!!!) but I'm still ending up way behind the formation and usually in flames.
(Use Full Real)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:13 PM
<a href="http://www.he111guide.com/"><font size= 2>HE111 GUIDE<a/><font size=2> The site is down as of the time of this posting. I don't know if this is temporary or not. Check back as this is the best reference to the HE111 I've seen.

<center> http://www.4yourfuture.net/handshake.gif

"Altitude, speed, maneuver, fire!"-The "formula of Terror" of Aleksandr Pokryshkin, Three times awarded the rank of Hero of the Soviet Union

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:49 PM
I love my He-111, what do you want to know? How to bomb? How to fly it? I'll tell you first of all when on take off get it level quickly to build up speed, not too early with loosing the flaps or you will flip over, gotto be at least 150 to 160 Kts for take off and at least up to 220 before attempting to climb. I would climp at 500 ft a minute, keeping the speed constantly above 220 to 250. Once I get my plane in a good climb rate I'm just using trim controls and slowly building up speed, I've been up to 310-320 Kts. The smoother the climb the better, no swaying back and forth.

I have the bombing down to a fine art now.

1-you must be perfectly trimmed out and level way before target, if you get it trimmed out good then when you jump over to the bombadier position it's easier.
2-setup up the keyboard for control of the ocular site, there are two important inputs-Altitude & Velocity (speed of your aircraft) that go in first, then use your attitude adjustment, basically looking upward toward the horizon, you can scan a few degrees left or right as well.
3-If your plane has stayed perfectly level the cross hairs would have appeared, if not then you are not level. once they are there and you are basically looking forward you will see your target, lining it up by slight up/down/sidways adjustments you then press the bombsite automation button. the site will now move on its own slowly going downward following the target till it is at about 20 degrees forward, you will then notice two triangles coming closer together then wam! Bombs drop right on target.
at any time if you loose the stability of the aircraft and it's levelness the site will disappear for a couple of seconds then reappear.

Any more help I can send you sceenshots

palmer@avwtelav.com

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 10:29 AM
Thank you psychpetey,
could I ask one moe question?
What RPM and boost (or let's say picth% and power%) do you use for this climb?

I've tried different settings but I think 95% pitch at 100% power gives me least bad performance...I start with open cowl flaps and gradually reduce during acsend. But I guess you're right on the nail, treat her smooth and she performs better. (Like the wify...)

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 12:40 PM
What do you neeed to know? Heinkels are my babies, I fly them all the time, what do ya want? Flying or bombing?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Sorry about that last thread, didn't refresh my screen, anyway at 2000m up I use about 60% pitch and 85% power, I've been playing in the complex mode with madeup missions lately and am starting to understand the engines and mixture ratios, mostly need tuning at high altitudes and things run smooth, in one of the threads up there with the link the French guy has some good screenshots, I usually run the automation mode at the end just cause I like to watch the site function. That German site was actually an analogue computer, the Norden bombsite on the Lancaster was better but when FB comes out with the B-25 flyable bomber we'll have some more fun with spinning gun turrets and stuff.