PDA

View Full Version : Need help restoring an Me109G2...donations?

ptefuller1
01-10-2004, 01:03 AM
I am halfway towards purchasing an Me109 airframe from Russia.

I have helped with the restoration of an Avro Lancaster and FW190 for the past 10 years and now moving on to an ME109.

The airframe I have found is in great condition and would like to purchase this plane by September. I also have detailed pictures and history of the plane.

As you all know, purchasing and restoring aircraft is an extremely costly venture. At present i have spent $20,000 US of my own money obtaining Messerschmitt parts and have a lot of the cockpit parts/electrics.

If anyone is intersted in donating and funds and being a part of this great project, please message me. I can also provide tax receipts to anyone who lends a hand.

Thanks!

ptefuller1
01-10-2004, 01:03 AM
I am halfway towards purchasing an Me109 airframe from Russia.

I have helped with the restoration of an Avro Lancaster and FW190 for the past 10 years and now moving on to an ME109.

The airframe I have found is in great condition and would like to purchase this plane by September. I also have detailed pictures and history of the plane.

As you all know, purchasing and restoring aircraft is an extremely costly venture. At present i have spent $20,000 US of my own money obtaining Messerschmitt parts and have a lot of the cockpit parts/electrics.

If anyone is intersted in donating and funds and being a part of this great project, please message me. I can also provide tax receipts to anyone who lends a hand.

Thanks!

nixon-fiend.
01-10-2004, 02:08 AM
Damn! For real?

I'm a student, currently up to my neck in loans so I can't really help at present..

But this sounds like an immense venture.. wish i could.

20,000 spent so far? I would of thought the end cost would be at least 10 times that...

-

Korolov
01-10-2004, 02:19 AM
Have you got any pictures of the Lancaster and Fw-190 you worked on?

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

ptefuller1
01-10-2004, 02:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
20,000 spent so far? I would of thought the end cost would be at least 10 times that...

-<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was just on the instruments and electrics. The airframe itself is around $100,000