PDA

View Full Version : Arena mode

xxDemonelitexx
12-26-2017, 08:44 AM
How does everyone feel about a arena mode? Where you are in a stadium (kinda like roman gladiator fights) and there are no environment deaths, you can have 1v1 option and 2v2 or even 4v4, i think its a cool idea, would like to see how they would make it work if it was applied in the game.

Dr_GreenThumb4
12-27-2017, 02:42 AM
I agree. Arena mode would be an excellent addition. In fact, the arena can have environmental kills with lions, spikes, etc. The map, however, might favor 1v1 and 2v2. Hope to see this idea implemented.

FredEx919
12-27-2017, 03:36 PM
The thought of that reminds me of some of my favorite shows / movies like Gladiator and Spartacus. Would be cool indeed, though it hasn't been something we've been able to make happen. Would you want this to be an elimination type game mode?

Datsurb1
12-27-2017, 07:39 PM
Why not make it a free for all with 8 players? No teams. I know I would love such a gamemode

Duskmare
12-28-2017, 01:41 AM
I think the free for all mode would be quite interesting. Though it would also probably be really infuriating since it would essentially be a massive mosh where everyone is ganked. Plus it would end up being whoever attacked first would lose since they would be hit by everyone else while recovering.

Datsurb1
12-28-2017, 02:41 AM
I think the free for all mode would be quite interesting. Though it would also probably be really infuriating since it would essentially be a massive mosh where everyone is ganked. Plus it would end up being whoever attacked first would lose since they would be hit by everyone else while recovering.

That would be the fun of it though. Just a giant spamfest where everyone just hopes for the best. It would be the type of gamemode you could go to after an intense duel, or losing a dominion to a team full of shamans.It wouldn't be the cause of rage, it would be a release of it, and in this game, we need such a thing in my opinion.

Reaper-CH-
12-29-2017, 12:46 AM
do we even have enough players for another type of matchmaking? i would really like this a lot, but i would also like 4vs4 ranked, but guess what, i never made it into a game because nobody plays it.

Analbag92
12-29-2017, 06:05 PM
or a pve mode. how long can 4 players last against endless waves of bots?
this game needs some pve content to just take it east for awhile.

Lord_sky17
12-29-2017, 08:03 PM
I am pretty sure the Roman gladiator arena had Many different traps and environmental sections that could be rotated in and out at will. so in that regard they would have more environmental kill's than we have normally. also very angry animals, just take a look at RYSE son of Rome for an example

xxDemonelitexx
12-30-2017, 11:14 AM
The thought of that reminds me of some of my favorite shows / movies like Gladiator and Spartacus. Would be cool indeed, though it hasn't been something we've been able to make happen. Would you want this to be an elimination type game mode?

I would love it to be an elimination mode, other people have good ideas on it to for environmental deaths, such as spike traps and lions, id love to see this happen, maybe even make like 3 different arena maps with different ways of dying and scenery, would be cool with feats or without, whichever creators find better. Elimination mode or maybe even a new type mode like a tag in type of thing with no revives, say there are 4 players on each team, they are randomly arranged, and the first players on each team fight and whoever is winner faces the next opponent, only problem i find with that is sometimes not all players will be able to participate, the arena mode i find is a great idea you could do much with. Hope to this in the game sometime.