PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 of community event

xRocketfishx
12-25-2017, 07:19 PM
So did ps4 users complete the 315000 matches??

With 1hr 10 min left we had roughly 303000 matches completed. With 1hr remaining there event reset to show upcoming day 5 event.

I alone played roughly 20 matches in the last hour and seeing how many matches were played in the first 10min of day 5 I can’t see ps4 users not completing day 3 event although we never received the rewards and it looks like the rewards have been “reset”

Any insight from devs would be appreciated

Alustar.
12-25-2017, 07:37 PM
I don't think we did, sadly :'(

bob333e
12-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Frankly, this whole 'force you into playing at specific times so that you complete events and orders and get some Steel, hurry before they refresh' is getting annoying. So many of us can't afford playing daily, let alone 5-6 hours per day, or during times when an event is still running. We are losing Steel in the process. Add all the disconnects and errors and crashes that each of us experienced, you get a good amount of lost Steel (and XP) per player.

I'd appreciate if they at least made contract orders generate based on your multiplayer match outcomes, other than the daily orders. Like, win 20 matches, you generate two or three contract orders, complete them for Steel and XP. Why can't we have this flexibility? why must we be forced into microtransactions so that we achieve a desired look on ONE character, otherwise, farm for 5 months for the required Steel?

Vakris_One
12-26-2017, 05:29 PM
Frankly, this whole 'force you into playing at specific times so that you complete events and orders and get some Steel, hurry before they refresh' is getting annoying. So many of us can't afford playing daily, let alone 5-6 hours per day, or during times when an event is still running. We are losing Steel in the process. Add all the disconnects and errors and crashes that each of us experienced, you get a good amount of lost Steel (and XP) per player.

I'd appreciate if they at least made contract orders generate based on your multiplayer match outcomes, other than the daily orders. Like, win 20 matches, you generate two or three contract orders, complete them for Steel and XP. Why can't we have this flexibility? why must we be forced into microtransactions so that we achieve a desired look on ONE character, otherwise, farm for 5 months for the required Steel?
It's a page taken straight from mobile free 2 play games and MMO's. The whole "log in bonus", daily challenges and weekly challenges. I've never really liked it and I haven't grown used to liking it here in this game. In something more MMO-esque like Destiny it kinda serves a purpose as an incentive to constantly replay the same mission/level over and over.

In For Honor the daily reset timer doesn't really make sense as this is a fighting game in which we already do the same thing repeatedly, I mean we're here to fight not to grind. The "grinding", i.e. extra steel, extra XP bonuses, should be allowed to happen continuously in intervals alongside the player just playing the game. By that I mean all the orders should constantly be refreshing for each player individually once they reach a certain threshhold of number of matches won or number of matches played.

The logic in their current system of orders is two-fold:
1) They put a cap on how much steel everyone can earn - because they don't want you levelling up a charactet too fast. Now that's a free to play mechanic copy/pasted wholesale into For Honor, which is a triple A, premium priced title. It's not nice towards us players any way you look at it.

2) They attempt to instil an incentive for players to log in every day or at least more often so that the player pool is kept alive and kicking. This I can understand as it is an attempt to keep the game alive and full of players to matchmake with. But still if our orders could refresh in addition to daily orders I think they would still maintain a natural incentive to log in as often as you can.

bob333e
12-26-2017, 05:39 PM
It's a page taken straight from mobile free 2 play games and MMO's. The whole "log in bonus", daily challenges and weekly challenges. I've never really liked it and I haven't grown used to liking it here in this game. In something more MMO-esque like Destiny it kinda serves a purpose as an incentive to constantly replay the same mission/level over and over.

In For Honor the daily reset timer doesn't really make sense as this is a fighting game in which we already do the same thing repeatedly, I mean we're here to fight not to grind. The "grinding", i.e. extra steel, extra XP bonuses, should be allowed to happen continuously in intervals alongside the player just playing the game. By that I mean all the orders should constantly be refreshing for each player individually once they reach a certain threshhold of number of matches won or number of matches played.

The logic in their current system of orders is two-fold:
1) They put a cap on how much steel everyone can earn - because they don't want you levelling up a charactet too fast. Now that's a free to play mechanic copy/pasted wholesale into For Honor, which is a triple A, premium priced title. It's not nice towards us players any way you look at it.

2) They attempt to instil an incentive for players to log in every day or at least more often so that the player pool is kept alive and kicking. This I can understand as it is an attempt to keep the game alive and full of players to matchmake with. But still if our orders could refresh in addition to daily orders I think they would still maintain a natural incentive to log in as often as you can.

Eloquently well worded. And I couldn't agree more.

You're right on 2), it's probably to encourage (or, rather, force, hah) players to keep engaged in daily PvP. But it's still insulting to us. We're "encouraged" to play daily yet we aren't rewarded as we deserve and have to wait for the refresh like you're waiting in-line for a new iphone 9S XPlus Pro (imagine the queue in front of Apple Store, you'll need a sleeping bag etc if you want to survive). I can't just wipe this comparison away from my mind. It just feels... gross.

I mean, the connectivity itself is what would probably encourage us best to stay engaged in PvP. And they're taking their sweet time with the servers. And with each new content, comes a new influx of insults to the player (the recent Viking Mask).

I also do all my dailies and contracts in PvAI, as I'm sure many others do so too, to avoid disconnects, connection errors, and human frustration because you need to fulfill a certain order (like claiming offerings). Doubt how this helps in keeping the PvP alive if my entire company is bots almost the entire time... at least I'm thankful they made the orders valid for PvAI. It still hurts me tho. In PvAI you earn even less Steel, XP, and loot. Roughly half of my matches are met with a "no loot found" screen.

It's like a ruined double-edged sword. They botched the game's connectivity, force you into PvAI; force a severe limit on Steel and XP gain, yet you do them free of P2P issues in PvAI, but in PvAI you earn roughly half of what you'd get in PvP. It's like a political law system. You can't just enjoy the game normally. Yet.

Were it up to me, I'd say they should do a 100,000 Steel giveaway at the official servers launch, to everyone who has an already-active account, and to anyone who previously played, had an account, left the game, and returned upon hearing about dedicated servers. This will boost the playerbase by triple at least. But, you know, the chances of this happening are between slim and nil. Maybe if I do a thread about it... I've got a good load of reasons as to why this is reasonable and not asking for too much.

xRocketfishx
12-26-2017, 07:28 PM
After having the rewards “reset” after failing to complete an order which I’m sure we did if the timer worked correctly, the incentive to complete the rest of the orders drops drastically.

It would have help greatly if we were made aware of the rewards progression prior to the event starting so we knew the potential gain if completing all orders.

My biggest problem is the inconsistency of the timer system which cost ps4 users the full rewards package

nufrancis
12-29-2017, 03:09 AM
The most funny thing about this community event is it only reward you with 200 steel :rolleyes:

bob333e
12-29-2017, 03:12 AM
The most funny thing about this community event is it only reward you with 200 steel :rolleyes:

...and that's if the daily target on a specific platform has been met.

https://i.imgur.com/YNgmlTp.gif

xRocketfishx
12-29-2017, 11:39 PM
I know right.

The only day ps4 users missed the event goal the reward was 3 crates and 500 steel after the previous 3 days were only 200 steel. Since day 4 order and missing goal it’s been 200 steel since. It’s pathetic.

Damein sure made it sound like the rewards were really going to be worth it and get better each day as the story progresses and not to miss out.

Without knowing what the rewards progression was/is it’s hard to tell if it is worth while.

Input from a dev would be nice....

AlexHuaTian
12-29-2017, 11:44 PM
lol 200 steel:cool:

Vakris_One
12-29-2017, 11:56 PM
In most other games with a very expensive cost for simple cosmetics like in For Honor 200 pieces of currency would be the amount players earn every two matches. Here in this game however we've lowered our standards so far that we will jump through hoops for complete peanuts like 200 steel. I mean just changing the look of my maxed lv. 30 weapon costs 500 steel.....

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/i_hate_this_star_trek_tng.gif

:nonchalance::eek::confused:

Mizereba
12-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Yesterday I finally managed to get first place in the classification of the community event with the finals. In addition to only winning 200 coins, I also won 2 offensive texting messages through Xbox live. Very sad about it. But I know that it is not a specific problem of this community, but of humanity.
Sorry my english I'm using google translate