PDA

View Full Version : Christmas weapons r terrible

Dane520123
12-25-2017, 04:30 PM
These weapons look terrible, goes to show just how lazy this Team is.

RenegadeRasta
12-25-2017, 04:39 PM
At least they're not gold.

Edit: Merry Christmas

King_of_games-SP
12-25-2017, 09:31 PM
A few of the weapon parts are lackluster.
The blade for the orochi is literally just a recolored blade that we already had, and the original (sea dragon blade) looks better.
The warlords shield is awesome and has this big blue jewel in the middle but if you have any customization on the shield it covers up that part of the shield. Other shields have cool designs on them that arent covered up like that. Needs to be addressed by the art team for sure.

The warden has this amazing handle and guard but the blade itself is just boring, looks like a basic sword blade not some super badass ice themed weapon

Tundra 793
12-25-2017, 10:52 PM
Sure, some are a bit more lackluster than others.

But we're getting free new weapons, and they're not all gold! That's more than enough for me. The Silver theme for all the new weapons is one of the highlights of this event for me.

King_of_games-SP
12-25-2017, 11:30 PM
I do think the new weapons as well as the frostwind color scheme are the best part of this event. Most of the gear pieces are amazingly well made and look great. But i feel there are a few outliers like the aforementioned orochi and warden blade, as well as a few issues with customizing the gear, like the example i gave with the warlords shield being covered up by any customization. Overall im loving the event and its great how much steel they are giving out for the holiday season.

The biggest gripes i can throw out there are the decisions behind locking certain color schemes to being only available for neutral game modes. The fact that so many colors are not really an option for me becuz i dont like to do duels has always been a big issue for me with this game. Can you honestly give any good reason why i cant use blackstone legion for my attacker color. This new frostwind color scheme is so cool but it can only be used as a neutral color so ill never get to actually see it outside of those times when the orders tell me to finish duel matches

Bjron_Ironside
12-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Man you guys are so ungrateful, it's appalling... they didn't have to do anything, but they did.

Hormly
12-26-2017, 03:19 AM
The art team behind for honor is incredibly talented and the game looks phenominal. from character designs to arenas to gear. Why be so ungrateful? And on Christmas??

Chill out, be merry.

Mia.Nora
12-26-2017, 03:25 AM
It is silly to complain about free parts of the event. My only gripe is RNG heavy distribution. Both for characters and for weapon parts (my LB got 5 weapons with 3 shafts 2 axe and still no spike which is the part I want the most) and still no effects/colors for my mains while my highlander is fully packed with effects and colors. By the way I do NOT even have highlander, but maybe that's the whole point, making me want to buy it.

RNG sucks, but still it is nice to have an event like that.

Alustar.
12-26-2017, 12:57 PM
I do think the new weapons as well as the frostwind color scheme are the best part of this event. Most of the gear pieces are amazingly well made and look great. But i feel there are a few outliers like the aforementioned orochi and warden blade, as well as a few issues with customizing the gear, like the example i gave with the warlords shield being covered up by any customization. Overall im loving the event and its great how much steel they are giving out for the holiday season.

The biggest gripes i can throw out there are the decisions behind locking certain color schemes to being only available for neutral game modes. The fact that so many colors are not really an option for me becuz i dont like to do duels has always been a big issue for me with this game. Can you honestly give any good reason why i cant use blackstone legion for my attacker color. This new frostwind color scheme is so cool but it can only be used as a neutral color so ill never get to actually see it outside of those times when the orders tell me to finish duel matches

I'm right there with you, I'm surprised they didn't make attacker/defense versions of these. They have four of them, I think? An all white, one with white base and black highlights, then one with blue and red. all for neutral when at least one of each could be used for attacker/defender.

AkenoKobayashi
12-26-2017, 11:27 PM
While I applaud the design teams creations since they do look great...the reskins are getting old. Frozen Flower is a reskin of Sakura. The silver is pretty nice. I looks cool and all. But I already have Sakura in gold. Don't really need it in silver. Especially if it's not considered a Star* weapon.

Tundra 793
12-26-2017, 11:39 PM
Man you guys are so ungrateful, it's appalling... they didn't have to do anything, but they did.

The art team behind for honor is incredibly talented and the game looks phenominal. from character designs to arenas to gear. Why be so ungrateful? And on Christmas??

Chill out, be merry.

I support these sentiments completely. Gamers need to feel less entitled to free stuff.

Especially if it's not considered a Star* weapon.

I think that's because the winter weapons can drop for all Reps on all characters, so they can't be the rarest in any category.
Also, a lot, if not most of them, aren't reskins, but actual new weapon models. It's disappointing that some of them are, but still, we're getting free new weapons.

bmason1000
12-27-2017, 03:33 AM
Especially if it's not considered a Star* weapon.
I'm curious why that makes a difference?

AkenoKobayashi
01-21-2018, 05:36 AM
I'm curious why that makes a difference?

A better question is why are there * weapons? There really is no difference other than the shininess of the weapons.

And yes...most of the weapons, at least for the Samurai, were reskins of other weapons. The Frozen Flower looks exactly like Sakura. Maybe the flower is in a different spot, but it is practically the same weapon skin.

Jazz117Volkov
01-21-2018, 05:53 AM
The Warden's frost blade is the Aragon blade, minus the pointy bits at the base.

That said, it's not like I'm bothered. One of the ones I liked most was Lawbringer's, but the axehead never dropped, so I may as well forget the whole thing.

Devils-_-legacy
01-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Am I the only one that thought the star has a real world connection Kensi's are I think
The masamune set named after Masamune, also known as Gorō Nyūdō Masamune, is widely recognized as Japan's greatest swordsmith.
mihara & Nanae sets are named after citys in Japan
Murasame, a rain-summoning katana from the 19th-century Japanese novel "Nansō Satomi Hakkenden"(南総里見八犬伝)
Yokomori(have no clue there's a street a film and stair company anyone help with this one)

bob333e
01-21-2018, 05:08 PM
The Warden's frost blade is the Aragon blade, minus the pointy bits at the base.

That said, it's not like I'm bothered. One of the ones I liked most was Lawbringer's, but the axehead never dropped, so I may as well forget the whole thing.

I'm more bothered by the recycled armors than the recycled Aragon blade. Like, all of the Executioner, Lionheart, Horse Lord, and Lord of the Manor sets are recycles of common-tier armors. You'd think at least at Legendary tier you'd get different armor, but no. Wastelander outfit all the way.

I also heavily dislike most "Legendary" weapon pieces. Like jeez, the Caliburn, the Merodach.... they just make my eyes sore.